Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 08:52:18
Page:  1 
The Logan Review: Issue One Started by: KateLogan on Oct 21, '16 06:02

The Logan Review: Issue One

A New Venture

What is this?

One woman's most likely futile attempt to intermittently catalogue, comment on, criticize, celebrate, and consider the goings on of our world in the streets and the various business districts.

Wait. Who are you?

Kate Logan.

Well then who am I?

Well, you're just this disembodied voice asking questions that I think most people would ask, if they cared enough to ask any questions at all.

So I don't have a body? I can never listen to the sound of a guitar or taste rum or hold someone's hand?

Focus, voice.

Uh- why should I read this?

Maybe you'll learn something or catch up on something you missed. Maybe you'll chuckle. I'd love to create something that people legitimately enjoy and look forward to, but I'll settle for "better than staring vacantly at a wall for three minutes".

Why are you doing this?

Well, voice, when I inevitably catch a bullet I don't expect to leave any children behind. This isn't particularly tragic, as I don't think I'd be a particularly good mother. But I would like to leave some sort of legacy. And I have fond memories of reading newspapers with my mother. So maybe this will be my legacy, since it's something the world seems to be lacking at the moment. Or maybe I'll abandon it immediately because it lands with a thud and no one cares. But I'd like to at least make the attempt at creating something worthwhile.

Why is it called The Logan Review? Isn't that a bit self-centered?

Because I don't speak for Detroit or my crew; I can only speak for myself. And at least at the moment, I'm the only one sitting in this office.

Do you think I could possess you for a little while? Maybe... take a shower?

Annnnnnnnd we're done.

*****************************************************************************************

Do you have a business you'd like to be reviewed? Please mail KateLogan with "Business Review" in the subject line.

*****************************************************************************************

Fight Night in Las Vegas

One of the recent events gathering attention from all around the country is the fight competition launched by FitzChivalry and green. This exciting battle royale has attracted competitors of all ages, sizes, cities, and fighting styles. Perhaps they couldn't resist the chance to prove themselves? Perhaps it was the 10 million dollars in prize money? Why not both?

16 competitors originally volunteered to step into the ring. 8 survived the first round of action.

Still pursuing the grand prize are the following competitors:

Disorder - green - Las Vegas

PizzaLover - RobOakheart - New York

BrotherHec - BrotherHec - Chicago

Stoner_Marley - Deces - Chicago

Nakamura - Nakamura - Chicago

Wild_Horses - TonyCosta - Las Vegas

Imperial - BadWolf- - Las Vegas

JoeRosoga - JoeRosoga - Philadelphia

We will undoubtedly cover the rest of this exciting event in our next issue, assuming we have one. For now, I highly encourage everyone to tune into this competition; not only are these organized fights a relatively unique occurrence in our world, but the commentary by green and FitzChivalry make this a thoroughly enjoyable and immersive experience. I wholeheartedly recommend attending, and I plan to make an appearance or two there myself... safely outside the ring. Perhaps I'll even try to talk myself into VIP press tickets.

Follow the action HERE

Trying to put a job together in the streets and looking for some people to work with? Looking to bring more people into yourself business? Why not advertise here in The Logan Review classified section? Mail KateLogan for details.

The Review of Week: CL Profile Edition

Every issue we'll be reviewing and rating a particular list of people. This week, we're looking at the profiles of the lads and ladies in bold, providing commentary and rating them on a ten point scale. Entries are organized alphabetically by city. 

Chicago

Aleksandr

Certainly unique. Aleksandr displays to the world an image of a dangerous, yet cultured, meerkat. Why the crossbow and the sword? Is it because newer technology stupifies meerkats? Or because Aleksandr is so skilled that they need the challenge of older technology to make it fair? Either way, I think we can all agree that the most fearsome aspect of this profile is the robe... and the lack of pants. 

Rating: I'm intrigued. 8.4/10.

Kurgan

Certainly a visually arresting profile, as onlookers find themselves with a sword immediately pointed at them. A phallic symbol, perhaps? Regardless, hands stretch out as Kurgan moves in front of us. Seems a bit newfangled to a country girl like myself, but I do admire how the sword drops down over the box there. 

Rating: 8.4/10. This would be at least a half a point higher if those were abs instead of armor. 

Nakamura

On the one hand, what a classy looking gent. On the other hand, he looks like he could pick you up and start tossing you around. Fortunately, I can appreciate both those things.

Rating: 9.1/10. Get a haircut and we'll talk!

BrotherHec

Seems like a... person. And yea, black and white is classy. I'm kind of getting a "nice boy from the city you'd like to introduce your friend to" vibe, which is not necessarily the kind of thing you'd expect to find in our business. Perhaps that's his secret? Sorry Hec, I need more excitement!

Rating: 7.9/10. He definitely seems organized, just not organized crime. 

Deces

I've slept outside under the stars and appreciated their beauty. I can also appreciate a beautiful woman. So the combination of the two? Tough to beat.

Rating: 9.8/10. Oh. Hey there.  Let me buy you a drink next time you're in Detroit?

Karen

Well, that's classy- but a little boring... *blink* WHOA! Okay that was kind of coo- *GUNSHOT* *GUNSHOT* *GUNSHOT* *GUNSHOT* *GUNSHOT*... well played, madam.

Rating: 9.5/10 the first time you see it, 9.1/10 on all subsequent viewings.

Senza

I don't know when the whole "women blowing smoke" thing started. Did Senza start it? I have no idea and I don't feel like investigating (Note: I lack reporters other than myself. Anyone looking for a job?) So I'm going to say yes, Senza is a major trendsetter. 

Rating: 8.5/10. Could use more excitement, but I do love the red hair. 

Detroit

ChristianGato

When you've lived as long as ChristianGato has, maybe you don't put so much stock in your face anymore. Instead, ChristianGato uses an elegant symbol intertwined with his name. Does the silver fox see no need to put anything out there, other than a symbol, like some Princes I've heard of? Who can say? But what is indisputable is that, out of all the crewleaders, this is the one who gives me money- so that's going to be factored into this decision. 

Rating: 8.9/10. Is this okay, boss? If I need to, I can bump this up a bit. Just not higher than Deces. Gotta take a stand somewhere. 

HooLz

A solid entry, even if I did spend way too long wondering if a bottom row of teeth would make HooLz look more terrifying or more friendly. More than first meets the eye; doesn't everyone love blended messages?

Rating: 8.5/10. Still debating the teeth thing. 

Mercedes_Kompressor

Who doesn't love a beautiful woman on her back, especially with a little motion thrown in to liven things up? Unfortunately, the motion is all smoke related. But a girl can dream, can't she? The black and white is classy though. A strong contender. 

Rating: 9.6/10. If we were factoring in ability to serve a mean drink, she may have been #1. But since we're rating profiles only, Deces keeps the crown... at least for now. 

Las Vegas

BadWolf- 

So obviously the first thing we notice here: abs. Raw, powerful, fiery abs. The ab muscle is connected to the chest muscle is connected to the arm muscles. Pure power here. Is he wearing clothes? Does he have long, swirly hair sticking straight up? Is he looking down at his hand like he's just realizing "Wow, I totally have a hand!"? Doesn't matter. Muscles. 

Rating: 9.5/10. But seriously, why is he looking at his hand? 

green

To be honest, I was a big fan of his previous profile. I appreciated the unapologetic bucking of expectations. But this one? This one is... random enough to intrigue me. If this guy walks into a bar, how do you at least not start up a conversation?

Rating: 8.3/10. Capes are back, baby!

Slash

Blatant crotch view, complete with a phallic guitar. Love the pose, love the dark/light contrast, love the signature. This would be higher if not for the fact that his crew banner gave me 17 seizures. 

Rating: 8.7/10. *sound of Kate Logan having a seizure and collapsing on her typewriter. DING!*

TonyCosta

Original? Not really. But a classic mobster look. A bruiser with scars and cigars. Are people envious of the look? Maybe not. But they aren't messing with him if they see him in a dark alley, either.

Rating: 8.3/10. +0.1 for the tinge of color on the tip of the cigar. 

Los Angeles

BobbyMunson

Classy black and white is always good, but why are you hiding in the background? Step forward and claim your rightful place as the star of your own face, Mr. Munson!

Rating: 7.6/10. But only for making yourself #2 in your own profile. 

Chibs

It's immediately clear that Chibs has seen Some Shit in his life. Look at those narrowed, experienced eyes. Actually, I'm just going to have to shut this down now because I'm realizing that Chibs looks quite a bit like my father.

Rating: 9.1/10. Chibs, take your excellent rating and please don't flirt with me, or you'll be paying for the therapy bills. 

Kairi

Nobody appreciates a good overhead cleavage shot more than me. And I love the color contrasts: particularly the blue eyes and red hair, not to mention the purple shoes and green grass. I'd absolutely flirt with her if she walked into my bar- but she just seems so... happy and cheerful. Which makes me suspicious, particularly in our line of work.

Rating: 9.0/10. I just downgraded someone for being happy. Maybe I need therapy anyways, even if it isn't Chibs-related. 

New York

RobOakheart

There's something to be said for consistency, and I cannot recall a change to Godfather Oakheart's profile. He knows what he likes: alcohol. And hopefully newspapers. Did I mention I was looking for patrons? I'm so ready to sell out to you, Mr. Oakheart.

Rating: 8.9/10. I also accept alcohol donations.

Syndicate

So few men can make a mustache work. For most of them it looks like a small animal has taken refuge on their face. Fortunately, Syndicate can pull it off. Don't you just want to grab that thing and hold on? No? Just me? Fine. He's a good looking guy AND he's pouring a drink? Be still, my beating heart.

Rating: 9.3/10. I'm resisting all sorts of wood/lumber puns for now. For now.

Bjorn_Ironside

Tough to see, as he's keeping himself at more of a distance than most, but he seems pretty fearsome... and the giant spear goes a long way toward reinforcing that concept. Honestly, I'm a bit intimidated by the hair/beard combo... but also intrigued. 

Rating: 8.5/10. Time to get ready for your close up, Mr. Ironside!

PresidentDonaldTrump

Look at this profile. Look at it. So much going on. So much. Where do you look? The eagle? You didn't even notice the eagle yet, did you? This profile could have been a disaster. An absolute disaster. But it isn't. It's big league. Somehow, it just works. I can't say I'm attracted to it... but I can't look away.

Rating: 8.9/10. Mr. Trump, if you could negotiate a deal to get New Orleans back, I'd bump this up a full point. 

Tellurium

As if Trump's profile wasn't confusing enough for me... I just don't know what to do here. This has been a long list. Where do I go? Hey! Nice body! But... oh... there's a creepy black helmet and a glowing stick. And is Tellurium's rear end getting directly bombarded by that light source? I'm just really confused here, so I'm going to cheat

Rating: 8.7/10 (neck down) + 8.2 (neck up). But combined? Probably like a 7.5. Because what is even happening? Is this modern art? Maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand.

Raoh

Strong signature accompanied by a truly chiseled profile. It looks like you could crack a rock on that jaw. Not too much going on, but a distinctive, serious look.

Rating: 8.2/10. Slightly penalized for white hair age confusion and eyebrow protrusion. It's not you, Raoh, it's me.

JoeRosoga

Kind of tough to get a good look at him from this distance, and there's just as much focus on the bike as himself- which may be Mr. Rosoga's preference. Hard to make a good call without getting a closer look, but he's successful in conveying his rebellious attitude.

Rating: 8.2/10. Time for your close up, Joe. Damn. I already used that one. This list needs to end. Oh good. Just one more to go.

Luxuria

So the passion is obvious here. Attractive woman. Distinctive blue hair. Big fan of the fashion choices. Maybe it's just because this is the final entry on this list... but watching her just makes me tired. Is there such a thing as too much intensity? That statement, more than anything else, makes it clear to me that it's time to wrap up this list.

Rating: 8.8/10. Can I raid your closet?

And, finally, that's everyone. If enough people enjoyed this, I'll review the esteemed members of the RHM club next issue. 

Are you enjoying this newspaper? Don't worry, there's more to go! And please let us know with a public show of support! Not only will this help other people see it, but it will also let our staff (aka KateLogan) know that there's a desire to see more. If there's like two people talking in the streets about this, there's no way Kate can justify taking time away from her other job. Oh hey, Don Gato. Oh, me? Just uh... writing... stuff. Yea, oh I'm sure they'll like it! No, I'm DEFINITELY not wasting time. 

ALSO: Want to write for The Logan Review? Write up an article and send it our way. If you'd prefer to write under a pseudonym, I'll respect your anonymity. Unless you wrote something stupid  that gets me in trouble, because then I will send you down the river so fast you're going to feel like... a thing... that floats... fast. Goddamn, I'm tired. Am I still writing all this? Anyways, see me if you'd like to contribute!

Dusty: Queen of the Streets

In this reporter's opinion, the most difficult task to pull off in the streets is to start a good, thought provoking debate that actually draws thoughtful responses from multiple people. Even with the current state of things, as many men and women find their lives consumed by silence, Dusty has accomplished this feat of launching good discussions on multiple occasions. Her most recent speech is also her most popular. Is this due to the subject matter or the fact that she's building a personal brand of quality that people expect when they see her name? Regardless, this ongoing discussion has attracted a plethora of attention from all corners of our world.

The topic that Dusty brought to bear this time was change; she expressed the need for action and the importance of speaking one's mind instead of simply quietly complaining about the static nature of our world. She then modeled this ideal by proposing a change of her own: giving associates more authority to move around in the world.

Some highlights from the subsequent discussion:

ChristianGato jumped in immediately, reflecting on the nature of unwritten rules before commending the idea and stating he'd consider raising the issue with the two Godfather Chairmen. 

Geena_Giovanni preached caution with the idea of associates moving around easily, reminding listeners that they all had a chance to carefully select which crew to join. She also proposed some sort of established financial incentive that the associate's new crewleader would pay, perhaps to discourage associates from overutilizing this option.

insta added more of a framework to this idea, proposing limitations, chiefly that associates only get three chances to move and their ability to do so expires when they reach the rank of Wise Guy. He further proposed that associates would need to submit the reasons for their desired change in writing and that they would be unable to hire bodyguards until they've settled into a crew.

Karen reminded people of the futility of treating associates like prisoners, stating that people should be free to pursue the life they want, rather than remain shackled and potentially causing problems down the road- something that @Brother Hec later supported.

KL expressed the opinion that the act of transferring, or even asking for a transfer, is often interpreted as a betrayal by many leaders. Perhaps he's wise to note that what some people may support in theory may be harder to swallow if it's happening to them directly, something that Tellurium then spoke up to reinforce, as she mentioned leaders who didn't want their associates to move.

Juan_Ramirez spoke up with a thorough response, shooting down several counterarguments that people use to justify keeping their associates; he went on to share a story of his ancestors, reminding people that their actions often reverberate for generations. 

DotBoom expanded the discussion to consider what to do about unhappy members of a higher rank.

RobOakheart praised the discussion and suggestions, but expressed a hope that transferring would still be a rare occurrence. He noted that allowing transfers does not change the fact that people need to make their decisions carefully- both leaders and associates, so as to prevent this issue from happening at all. 

While it appeared to this observer that Dusty perhaps hoped to have other people share their unique ideas for change, she is hopefully pleased by the overwhelming response to her own suggestion. 

See the full discussion, even as it continues, HERE

Need professional advice? Romantic advice? Any sort of advice? Mail KateLogan with the subject "Ask Kate" and your letter could be printed (anonymously, if you wish) and answered in our next edition!

The Most Interesting Auth Thread In A Long While

Normally, someone getting authed elicits a fairly predictable response. A few people who know the new leader, who usually number in the 5-10 range, walk up, raise a glass, and say congrats. They're almost always from that particular city, and they almost always say some variation of "you've worked hard, this is well deserved, I'm excited for your future, etc.". Not that that's a bad thing; it's just what we've come to expect. (After that announcement, the cynics report that the new auth retreats to their HQ and does nothing, while the idealists report that the CL begins working on many exciting new ventures to improve the world.)

Well, the usual isn't what happened in the streets when Tellurium went out to announce that Luxuria had been authed in South Philly. JaxTeller , a Wise Guy from Los Angeles, interrupted the many congratulatory speeches from Philadelphia to proclaim the following: "Good job authing someone as soon as they're eligible because their ancestors where leaders and friendly with you. This 'new world' is supposed to be about change and breaking away from the old, but that clearly isn't happening here."

This disrupted the ceremony quite a bit. There were still a half dozen people standing up to congratulate Luxuria, but there was suddenly a new focus of the discussion. 

Perhaps unrelated to the earlier interruption, ChristianGato appeared to both congratulate Luxuria and remind the rest of the country that Philadelphia still remained an "open city". 

Tellurium then stated that JaxTeller's earlier comments were disrespectful, stating that he had no knowledge of the process that had led to Luxuria being authed. 

Don Gato made a few more interesting comments before departing, and the discussion seemed to solidify into two opposing sides.

Philadelphia, as well as at least one other guest, believed that comments questioning this auth were disrespectful to the current crewleaders of Philly, particularly considering that this event was intended to be a celebration- a celebration that these men and women from other cities were now disrupting. 

Anghrist and Dusty raised the point that questioning a leader is not necessarily automatically disrespectful

Finally, Neveah, provided  the following comprehensive analysis that concluded the discussion (at least for now):

"I agree that there's nothing wrong with voicing their opinions. Could it be disrespectful to make such comments at a congratulatory announcement? Sure. But that's the risk you take coming out here on the streets. It's a free world and people can comment as they wish. But I also think many people have made assumptions and are somehow implying that Philly is in the wrong for their two recent auths instead of congratulating the free city for working together and growing stronger."

Will that be the end of the discussion? Will the conversation return to the earlier congratulatory rounds or will it spur further discussion?

Witness the full account, as well as any updates to this story, as it's happening HERE

FINAL DISCLAIMER: Ms. Logan does not claim to be omniscient, even though she considers herself pretty darn clever. If she has made a mistake, particularly in misrepresenting what you said- please let her know immediately so that she can correct the record.

Please keep in mind that the intent of this newspaper is to keep people informed about what's happening in their world and, hopefully, entertain them. If you're offended by anything that has happened in these pages, please take a moment to consider whether you're overreacting to a silly newspaper and remember what line of work you're in. If you're still offended, let me know.

I am certain that there are grammatical/spelling errors. I did the best I could in the time that I had; if you'd like to volunteer as a future proofreader, let me know. I am particularly sorry if it's your name. Come to Detroit and I'll buy you a beer. 

Displays of support, both financial and complimentary, are heartily welcomed by the editor.

See you next time (unless I catch a bullet or nobody pays attention to this),

Kate

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $2,470,000 Tip

As he left his sunny Philly HQ alongside Franky4fingers, he looked over and witnessed a huge crowd gathering around the local newspaper stand. As they approached, they saw that people were all eager to purchase the latest issue of 'The Logan Review', it was selling like hotcakes.

Reaching into his jacket, he pulled out a $20 bill and handed it over to the merchant, "Keep the change".

As he opened it and read, his face when from a bright happy smiling one, to one of shock. "Franky! Look at this! She have me an 8.2/10, AN 8.2!!!!!"

Rolling the paper up, he smacked Franky over the head with it before grumbling on about going to the barbers and making himself look sharp. As they approached Roah favourite little italian groomers, he stopped and turned to Franky.

"Franky, I need a favor" He handed him a small envelope filled with multiple rolls of $50 bills.

"Make sure this money reaches Katelogan please. The work she has done to keep these cities busy and thriving is amazing and she should be commended for her positive work attitude."

With that said, Raoh entered the barbers and gave the owner a hug before requesting todays cut, "The usual please Giuseppe, I need to keep up my appearance in these streets, these reporters are quick to pick up on hair colour too now apparently!"

Report Post Tip

As Bobby rolled out of bed which during the previous night his bed of choice or maybe convenience was the pool table in the HQ he first grabbed up an unopened warm beer sitting on the bar and walked to the bathroom for his morning piss. Walking by the front door he noticed a paper James into the door which got his attention. After leaving the restroom Bobby opened up the front door and grabbed up the paper as it hit the ground and flipped it over and opened it up. 

"Now what do we have here?"

Bobby wasn't much of a reader, especially reading the news as most of what he got that was news related came word of mouth from his associates and other leaders around the country. But as he flipped through and started glancing at the headlines he started seeing some familiar names and eventually found his own name. 

"What is this rating? A seven point six out of ten, what the fuck for? Class black and white... blahblah hiding in the background.... hiding? Me hiding? I'm way to big of an old man to be hiding honey. Eh whatever, Chong will sweep this parade up in the next paper I have no doubts. I'm just an old man, I'm not here to win any beauty contests."

Bobby tossed the paper on the bar and kicked an associate to wake him up. Boy, take this cash down to Miss Logan and tell her thank you for the good read and hurry back because you're making breakfast today. 

Report Post Tip

I saw a huge crowd gathered around grabbing what looked to be a paper, I wanted to see what it was all about so I grabbed one and payed the merchant. I took a seat and enjoyed a coffee while reading.

Took some time to read it all but it was impressive from start to finish, I thought to myself this KateLogan really has a way with words. The entire paper was remarkable and I was hoping there would be another soon.

Report Post Tip

As I stand there, seeing everyone draw their attention to the news paper. I decided to take a gander to see what the fuss was all about.

Flipping through the pages, I suddenly come across my name...

"8.8... I never expected that."

I go the news merchant, pay for the paper and continue back home to read up on the rest of the news that happened recently.

Report Post Tip

Geena stops by the newspaper office and pokes her head into KateLogan's office.  She had already been to the newsstand to get her copy of The Logan Review and read it while standing in the middle of the eager crowd, drinking her favorite white chocolate mocha.  After fruitlessly searching for some sign of life in the spacious, but stuffed-to-the-rafters room, she finally spotted the top of Kate's head behind a huge stack of files, which ominously teetered on the brink of crashing down on Kate's head. 

"Hey, Ms. Logan, got a sec?" she asked as she straightened up the stack of files, thus preventing disaster.  "I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed and appreciated your first issue, and look forward to the next one.  I sometimes find myself too caught up in work and life and whatnot to keep up with what's going on on the streets as much as I should, so your paper gave me a great summary!  It was filled with humor, facts, figures and what seemed like a great deal of reporter's impartiality.  Very well done, and thank you!" 

Geena handed her an envelope which seemed to be stuffed full.  "May I please get the annual subscription?  I'd love to keep reading this..." 

Report Post Tip
Most people claim to be reporters and promise to deliver the goods, but they fall short. This isn't the case here. Miss Logan delivered the goods, of that there is no question. I've actually read it twice while sipping on my morning brew. You deserve kudos and admiration for this work.
Report Post Tip

Dusty had picked up the copy of The Logan Review once RobOakheart had finished with it. She had been enjoying the read until she realized she was mentioned. Lifting the paper up a bit as she tried to coax the red she was sure was creeping up her face down. She was not used to being flattered and it embarrassed her a little. Taking out a slip of paper she immediately wrote to Ms Logan.

Dear Ms. Logan,

I am quite flattered by the praise I was given in your Review. I surely hope that others will be recognized for their contributions in the discussions I raised as well. Karen can usually be seen speaking with me along with yourself and many others. Without everyone's contributions there would be no discussions.

I hope to see you all around when I gather myself for my next topic.

Sincerely,

Dusty.

Folding the paper up she handed it to one of the boys that ran errands for quick money and sent it off to KateLogan's office.

Report Post Tip

takes off her heels to carry them as she returns to the HQ after the party and sees the newspaper merchant and decides this will be a great addition to the hangover, blisters on her feet and the strong coffee awaiting her....

Smiles at Logan as she pays too much for the newspaper but cannot wait for change due to the need for caffine.....

drops her shoes and her bag as she realises this reporter is good, very very good and wishes she had not changed for the Philly party quite so early in the day to have been spotted.....

decides today is the day to go shopping and for lots and lots of coffee and makes a mental note to collect the newspaper daily herein.....

Report Post Tip

Joe was leaving the gym after a quick training session in the ring with his trainer when he saw a young man holding a newspaper. He saw the headline about the fight and wanted to know what people were saying. He quickly tipped the boy with a 20 dollar bill and set down next to his bike to read the paper. He skipped to the part about his fight, and read with a smile upon his face. He quickly read the reviews of the CL's suits, laughing at his own. He hopped onto his bike and quickly rode to the Clubhouse. He saw Priceisrightchaching, and Tony_Gallo sitting around a small table, and quickly threw down the paper.

"Look what they said about me"

Joe begins laughing. Joe turned to Tony, and handed him a thicker paper package, filled with money.

"Here take this package make sure it gets delivered to Kate."

Report Post Tip

Mercedes and Investor were talking amongst themselves as they left Headquarters and headed out for coffee and fresh air. Investor had been learning the ropes, and learning them quickly as he took on job after job in order to know everything there was to know about becoming Left Hand. 

As they drew closer to the coffee shop, they both looked up at the sound of several voices talking excitedly about...a newspaper? Had something happened??

Squeezing her way through, she grabs two of the remaining copies and tosses down a couple fivers. After pressing her way back through the crowd, she hands one to Investor and starts to read. 

A smile slowly spreads as she recognizes Miss Kate's name. Skimming, she sees her own name mentioned, and her smile gets wider. 

"Investor, please see to it that Miss Kate receives a generous wire transfer. Oh, and some flowers. Pink roses. You know, something flirty you'd send a girlfriend or mistress..."

Not sticking around to gauge his reaction, Mercedes turns and heads into the shop to finish her paper.

Report Post Tip

Waking up in the Cadillac Hotel in Detroit, Mavis was pleased to see a new paper on a cart along with a plate of eggs Benedict and a cup of coffee.
He read the paper as he cut into his perfectly poached egg, watching the yolk spill out, covering the muffin.
Upon stumbling across the glam shot of BadWolf- in all his glory, with those abs.
Mavis dropped his fork, looking down at his gut in shame.

"Well how am I supposed to enjoy breakfast, drenched in a sea of hollandaise sauce.."

Flipping the page, a photo of BobbyMunson grabs his attention.

"Ha, now there's my type of guy. i need to make it out to LA soon, looks like the food out there must be amazing"  - Mavis thinks to himself. 

What is this publication? I need to make sure I can get this delivered to the office. I'm sure the kids will truly appreciate the art of typing once they see a successful publication lik ethis!

Flipping back to the front, Mavis reads

The Logan Review

"Ha! That devil Kate. Where the heck did she find the time to start this up? She must not sleep!" - He thought to himself, as he continued to read...

Report Post Tip

I was walking down the street to get some fresh brewed coffee at the cafe around the corner. As I passed the newsstand on the corner, my eyes caught an article on the front page of a paper called The Logan Review.

"I’m sorry sir, but can i have a closer look at that paper?"

The man replied with an agitated voice.

"Look, no offence but I have a wife and two hungry kids to feed. So if you want a closer look, you’ll have to buy one…"

Intrigued by the article, I decide to buy a copy. As I fold it under my arm, I walk towards the cafe and order a double espresso. I open the paper on the page with the suit reviews of our countries finest man and women. To my surprise I see my own name in there. 

After i finish my double espresso, I walk back to the office to show Whor-able the fancy review.

"Can you remind me to get New Orleans back on the map if I get elected? This wonderful lady who wrote the review, named KateLogan asked me as a voter to make that happen. So we can at least try. Can’t we?!"

After reading the rest of the articles in the paper I feel this could very well become my new morning ritual!

Report Post Tip

This morning I was fortunate enough to read the first print of this attention-catching publication as it laid strewn across my desk, while the young Miss Logan caught some shut eye in my chair. She has been working extremely hard on this, and I am very appreciative that it has been so well received. 

Kate, I hope we see more of your works as time goes on.

Report Post Tip

Kerosene buys several copies. "I can't wait to read through this and hand these out to people," he says.

"Thank you Ms. Logan for your work in putting this together. You've got yourself a subscriber for sure!"

He strolls off, telling the first person he sees about the paper and handing out a copy.

"You're going to love this!" he says.

Report Post Tip

After his normal wake and bake ritual Marley decided to take a walk and get some breakfast walking down the street he saw his local news stand being swarmed by the locals

" Well what do we have here " Marley said while walking over 

" Hey your Awesome Marley right? " said the young lady standing by the news stand

" I just read about you in the paper " She continued

" I'm in the paper? let me see... Hmmmm... so Ms Logan will be covering the rest of the tournament? "

" Should be interest what her views will be I'll have to go all out and ensure my fan and her have something amazing to talk about  "

Marley continues to read...

" BrotherHec got a 7.9 but Deces got a 9.8? GO DECES! "

As Marley finished the paper he thought to himself

" this paper should be interesting, I'll be adding this to my daily wake and bake routine "

Report Post Tip

Thank you for all the positive comments (and generous donations). Based on what I've seen here, I plan on continuing this venture.

Report Post Tip

Kate jumped as she heard a voice in the office behind a bunch of papers; she was nearly crushed by the files before steadying them and taking a deep breath. She turned to see the figure of Geena_Giovanni approaching.

"Uh- hello there, Miss..."

She raised an eyebrow, asking for a name.

"I'd be happy to set you up with a subscription, as soon as I get this chaos at least somewhat sorted. But I really do appreciate the kind words; it's great to hear that people are reading this."

She grinned. 

Report Post Tip

Folding the paper up she handed it to one of the boys that ran errands for quick money and sent it off to KateLogan's office.

A young boy burst into the office, tossing a letter toward Kate's desk. She barely had time to answer before he'd sprinted off toward the door. Blinking, Kate slid the letter out and read it carefully before sitting down to pen a response.

Dusty

It's not flattery if it's true. While I certainly acknowledge that you're not the only elite speaker in the streets (I agree that Karen does fantastic work as well), your attempts to shift my praise to others only leads you to like you more.

Looking forward to seeing you around,

Kate

Report Post Tip

Not having been home for a few day as he was away on business, Anghrist finally walks up his long driveway. Seeing The Logan Review sitting near his step, he picks it up and puts it under his arm. Once inside he kicks off his boots and sits down. Flipping through the paper a smile curls the corners of his mouth.

"A fine read." He thinks to himself. "It's unfortunate I didn't get a chance to read this sooner. I can't wait for the next installment."

Putting his feet up on his coffee table, he closes his eyes and nods off.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Logan Review: Issue One
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL