Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 13:15:35
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Family Started by: Dusty on Oct 24, '16 15:39

Crest heard the nonsense Nakamura said as he usually did and responded by saying "So are you saying that you did not after the war tell Mr Gato and Mr Oakheart that you agreed and encouraged and basically signed their agreement for the cities to establish a favour system which was heavily based on being present to the public and contributing to the community?"

He took a quick breath and continued saying "Were you not in agreement just recently to kill Mr Evolve and Miss Payne because they were not in the favour system? I mean that was the reason given that you clearly agreed with seeing as you were said to be one of the ones who went to Mr Oakheart and wanted the deaths of those two people. So what you are saying here is that you are simply nodding your head while in reality you do not agree nor wish to participate in what you agreed to do after the war? Nakamura you confuse me and I am sure I am not the only one confused by your contradictions that you have continued to do by saying you want one thing after the big war and pushing out the favour system and what you and your city say now which goes against everything you said prior. So for the record do you mind stating what exactly it was you agreed with because clearly it is not a necessary street presence of leaders as you nor your city have done this so what exactly was it Mr Nakamura?"

Report Post Tip

And there it is.  I was waiting for it.  You're still upset about your kin getting themselves killed.  Thank you for finally getting your true motives out there.  It will make this a lot easier.

First off, I'm not sure who you were getting your facts from, but they are dead wrong.  You see, the Pillars, that's Chairman Oakheart, Don Gato and myself, we act as one unit.  A team.  A team that's number one purpose is rebuild the free cities and bring the "organized" back in organized crime.  When OpheliaPayne and Evolve decided to remove AnomanderRake from this world because they did not agree with his plan, they in turn decided to take a shot at the folks who had made it their goal to restore some order around these parts.  Their wrong decision ended up being their last.  So when your source told you I went to Chairman Oakheart, they misinformed you.

Contradiction.  I'm afraid you're not entirely sure what the term means.  Contradiction - a gathering of statements or ideas that are opposed to one another.  Again, might I ask, where have I contradicted myself?  The Pillars time and time again have shown countless hours of support to the free cities.  But you say everything myself and my city say goes against that?  Not true, friend.  Not true at all.  If you could provide proof of these statements, I'll be more than happy to read them, if they even exist.

And lastly, need I remind you of what your Don has said in these streets about respect.  I value a well-thought discussion as much as the next person, but you need to be careful and don't cross that line.

Report Post Tip

Crest laughed and said "This is not about my Father who died as he clearly did not wish to live after his acting Godfather retired leaving him in a world he did not fully agree with to begin with and made that evident in the meetings that took place which you were there for however you were a mute like usual during it so once again not really making any contributions."

Crest stopped and continued again "You keep claiming free cities so what you are saying if I am understanding this is you did not agree with street presence? You did not agree with visibility being a focal point of proving for those who want to contribute to our community and whether they are actually good for the community or not? This is about me calling out a two faced Godfather who has spent his days not being seen and being nearly invisible when it comes to this place. I mean you yourself are saying you did not ask for Evolve's death, yet it has been verified to me that you did indeed go to Mr Oakheart about taking out Evolve and Miss Payne as Evolve's deathbed had that documentation on it, a documentation that did not lie considering it was placed by the one who killed him."

He stopped and decided to finally comment on the threat that Nakamura just told to him and said "Disrespect? Is that what the entirety of Chicago call it when one comes out and uses what they know and have been told to show the negatives of a city? Is that your save face method Mr Nakamura? If you wish to claim disrespect that is fine but there is no disrespect in the claim that the majority of a city is not contributing to what has been told time and time again that you agreed to, which was being vocal, and contributing to the community, you are not contributing to the community by having people set up in a free city, that is those people contributing to the community. Your contributions and your cities contributions are those that Mr Oakheart and Mr Gato wished to occur that you agreed with which was bringing back popularity to our streets here, yet very few of your city are doing this, and the major benefactor to this becoming alive is Dusty. So please do inform me Mr Nakamura of where your contributions are at?"

Report Post Tip

MavisBeacon stood there, watching a direct example of what he had voiced his concerns over earlier.
He took off his hat, squeezing it tightly as he looked up and then closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath, almost in defeat.

Crest, paisan, come with me for a bit, I need to take a walk and stretch my legs. There's a good restaurant down the street I want to check out, but I never comfortable walking in by myself. Maybe you can provide me some company as I check it out. 

Mavis urges Crest, as he wraps an arm across Crests back to nudge him to follow. 

Report Post Tip

It seems this debate has trailed away from the original purpose, so I'm going to reflect briefly on what cutie has brought up that seems to have been overlooked. That is, intimidation.

A flaming debate like this will provoke only the most passionate, enduring characters to participate, which can easily steal the spotlight and flip the dimmer switch on some of our less-confident street walkers. They are the people we are looking to draw out to share their opinions, through removing fear of foot-mouth insertion and leading by example.

That last one is probably something which those who claim silence is golden need to think on. When I step out in into the streets, I want to motivate those who walk with me to do the same. I want them to recognise the tone and approach I muster and bring it to their own debates, to voice their own concerns. What examples do people have to look to when their upper structure remains silent? Other cities? It's difficult to build passion and drive when there is no light to follow. 

Now what we have with my young associate Crest as an example, is a man who has been looking to walk the streets and alter his approach. We have people working in our world whose kin have only focused on certain elements of this life. They know them inside out, however there are still areas that still need development, such as walking the streets. There are people in our community who need to learn how to walk again, after becoming so comfortable in their routines. 

Debate and passion like this needs a controlling factor, and that is respect. The victor in a battle of words isn't the one that can shout the loudest. We need to maintain a respectful approach to remind us of the purpose of walking these streets. I will talk with the young signore Crest regarding his words, however we should remember that the biggest reason to step out onto the streets should be to inspire. Make others feel comfortable opening up, develop our own approach to the streets and engage respectfully in debates like this to build character and respect. 

Or sling shit at each other, get into a big huffy mess and ruin your reputation, as we've seen happen in the past.

Report Post Tip

Dusty had finished off her second drink and decided to get back into the discussion after listening for a little while.

My definition of contributing would be something that isn't behind an HQ door. Something everyone actually benefits from such as events, discussions or whatever else someone can come up with. Sitting behind an HQ door and stating that training people, ranking them up or what have you is benefiting the community is not always true. It can certainly benefit you and your city, sure. But where does everyone else gain from it? They really don't. Not even that we have seen some associates trained horribly by some leaders, not at all what I would say is a benefit.

You don't think participating in the streets is helpful? I am sorry but when ideas are brought to the table some are actually looked at. Discussions do at least provoke some thoughts that challenge beliefs. Some beliefs such as people shouldn't listen to what someone is actually saying based on who their line is. I would challenge that is rather short sighted and narrow minded. An attitude I would not wish to see. If we are supposed to be bettering the community but never speak to each other, how exactly is that better? I can speak to the same three people and never get anywhere, or I can speak to everyone and increase my chances that someone like RobOakheart or ChrisitanGato will like something I have thought of and consider it an idea worth pursuing.

Is it narrow minded to believe that we should come out of our comfort zones? Just because something has been done the same way doesn't mean its a great way to do things. Should we not push ourselves to do better or stay ignoring the potential we have? I think ignoring it would be much more narrow minded than I am to think we can change. Break the mold. Dare to try your hand at something different for once.

I am not suggesting that people should be out here as much as I am but what is the harm in dropping into a discussion now and again? What is the harm in showing people you can use the voice you have? I hate to say it but it's not all about guns. At least it shouldn't be in a community trying to move past the reigns of the past into something different.

Neveah, you asked me why I did not put New York into it. I am not blind, I do push on the home front just as hard as anywhere else. If I had used my own family I would have been called upon for creating favourites. In every city we have families that fit some of these family types. I drew an example from the other cities so I could include everyone. Do I like that some of our New York upper structure is silent? No. Will I continue to encourage them to step out? Of course I will.  My own particular family has been active among the streets and in the discussions.  I've seen Bjorn_Ironside contributing to discussions, even PresidentDonaldTrump has been seen once or twice. However, Chicago has many that are rarely seen away from their own auths.

You are correct the streets are not everything. But neither is hiding behind HQ doors. We are no longer in an era where people need to hide their voice. So I will do whatever I can to encourage people to come out and talk to me, because it is something I can do. Whether people want to take me up on it or not that is their decision and I cannot force them.

Report Post Tip
It seems like we have stepped into an era where throwing heaping piles of shit at a Godfather is acceptable. The blatant disdain Crest has shown to Godfather Nakamura would have quickly lead to a bullet in the skull up until very recently. Now it seems that we will just accept it, or maybe see him take a slap on the wrist. The reality of this is simple, a president will be established based on this, and I for one don't believe it will be the right one.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Crest noticed Mr Teller basically wish for Crest's death and responded to him by saying "Mr Teller, you say I throw heaps of piles of shit at a Godfather, I asked the Right Hand to his city a very simple question, I then also asked this same question to the Godfather, a question that in every discussion I have seen recently about the visions of the Godfathers is a massive focal point which is the want of the Streets being active. Now I am sorry that just because he has a Godfather Chairman attached to his name that I speak to him in a lesser role, my throwing shit at him has to do with him deciding to try to make this about a bloodline being angry, which is the traditional way that people use to avoid the questions and avoid real answers and speaking the truth."

He took a pause and said "I am sorry that you feel I have disrespected someone, I tried to get answers being civil and I received a disrespect card for questioning laziness in a city which is not being disrespectful but stating what I have seen, at that point yes I will stop looking at them respectfully and try to get to the bottom of the question I had which still has yet to be angered. When one decides to make it about my bloodline and ignore every question I asked then yes I do get a little bit more harsh as it seems they are not understanding what I am saying so I decide to put it bluntly. That does not mean that I am intending it to be disrespectful, I will admit that my final saying was more so on that line than those prior but that has to do with challenging me to push a line and claiming bloodline anger which is sad and pathetic as if that was the case I would never have joined his city to begin with and once this is questioned of course I am not going to take it very kindly whether they are a Godfather or not. A lot of what I have heard trying to change is not being afraid to speak your mind in the Streets, yet you just said that because he is a Godfather I should be afraid to speak my mind in case it has any form of disrespect or what you said shit flinging in it. Does this not go against what we as a community are trying to get rid of?"

Report Post Tip

I'd like to echoe the words of Jax here as he hit the nail on the head for me, people talk of this fine line you know the one that shouldn't be crossed, problem is how the hell is anybody supposed to know where this line is when certain people deem fit to consistently smudge it?, never in all the years my ancestors have walked these streets has it ever been acceptable for a wiseguy to call out a Godfather and a city for that matter and live to tell the tale.

I'm all for people coming out to these streets and bringing up points for discussion it is after all how our community evolves and when done properly adds a whole new dynamic, but salty offspring blatantly trying to cause trouble has never been welcomed here as the corpses throughout the years show, so could we please clarify this said line drop the double standards and leave the salt at home.

"Mr Lancelot, you are coming out here upset because a Wise Guy called out your city as a whole for lack of street presence which is something some of those who are active in the Streets keep claiming specifically about the favour system and how some were not in it based on being invisible and lack of having street presence. You also wish for my death for asking questions so I will refer you to what I just told Jax, you want me dead for speaking my mind and not being afraid because of a badge one wears, perhaps if you were around more often you could contribute to society as well, seeing as I called out the whole of Chicago you being one of those who have not even been around and your only response to this is that I should be dead for what I said? You have nothing else to say? Just perfectly fine with being another left hand that is not around and could care less about contributing yourself?"

Report Post Tip

Exactly what are YOU contributing mr crest? I wouldn't call saying the same old thing over and over again here in the streets contributing would you?.

As for my own performance unlike some I do not feel the need to constantly listen to the sound of my own voice so you will only see me here in the streets when I do generally have something to say that hasn't already been said a trillion and one times, on the other hand how the hell would a wiseguy from a totally different city know what the hell I contribute? you don't so stop calling everyman and his dog out and start worrying about your own position and how best you can contribute.

Report Post Tip

"Mr Lancelot, I have contributed today by being active in the Streets and only when I called out your city for being a bunch of mutes is when you guys decided to stop doing so and once the days pass and people are no longer calling you guys out again you will crawl back in to your hole. I am glad to see that your whopping activity on our shores produces such an amazing output that I cannot see, more power to you. I only have to repeat what I say because Chicago has hearing problems and continues to skip around the question I have asked five times now and it seems that the ignoring of my question has given me the answer that I need. So thank you for your input Mr Lancelot I am sure I will rarely see your face around these parts similar to what has been the case the past week or so."

Report Post Tip

I leave you to keep rabbiting on in your own little world and you ever heard the saying those in glass houses? look to your own first because from where I am standing DT only has couple of speakers, compare the figures before calling people out and please don't bore us with more of your self rightous spill, good day!

Report Post Tip

PresidentDonaldTrump had been standing in the corner watching this discussion unfold, when he felt the need to speak up.

"I feel like I am one of those people that needs to learn to walk again as Mr Gato Mentioned. I have always been a family man as my father was and his father before him. I was raised with the idea that family is everything. That's why i've spend most of my time dealing with family matters and not looking for the spotlights. Walking these streets, debating with people I hardly know doesn't come natural to me. Within the walls of my HQ surrounded by family is where i feel most comfortable, yes. 

But I now run my own family these days and yes I do have opinions on a lot of matters, yet I don't walk these streets very often to voice them to the masses. But i do write letters and have them send over by messenger in person on a regular basis. Dusty and Rob pushed me out of that comfort zone and gave me reasons and confidence to show my face in public and speak my mind."

Crest, to answer your question, we do want the streets more active.  We've fought to get to this point.  Each city has offered their own up to go out and run their own operation.  That has been the goal all along and has been repeated in this conversation multiple times.  For you not to grasp that is what seems to be the problem here.  Not one person here has said any different, but yet you continue to repeat yourself time and time again.

"Were you not in agreement just recently to kill Mr Evolve and Miss Payne because they were not in the favour system? I mean that was the reason given that you clearly agreed with seeing as you were said to be one of the ones who went to Mr Oakheart and wanted the deaths of those two people."

"..deciding to try to make this about a bloodline being angry, which is the traditional way that people use to avoid the questions and avoid real answers and speaking the truth"

Let's just call it like it is.  You keep bringing this up again and again, so it must hit home with you as well.  Hell, I've even caught wind of you voicing your displeasure to folks in Chicago over the demise of your recent kin.  I even have the proof that points back to, again, you can't let bygones be bygones.

"I have contributed today by being active in the Streets and only when I called out your city for being a bunch of mutes is when you guys decided to stop doing so and once the days pass and people are no longer calling you guys out again you will crawl back in to your hole."

So you've contributed today?  In this one conversation?  Wow.  Great job, lad.  Take a look at Karen, BrotherHec and insta, for example.  All whom have contributed to numerous discussions in the past few months, mind you discussions that have been talked about for years and years.  With the same exact replies throughout the years.  Don't believe me?  Check the archives.  Do some research.  It's all there and has been for years.  As green had mentioned, it really brings nothing to the table when you are rehashing old, recycled topics.

Report Post Tip

"Mr Nakamura, you have finally said you suppose the street presence which is what I asked and that has nothing to do with the death of my Father, yes I have shown my displeasure with you and your decisions and I know your city has told you about it, too bad they only told you what I said and not what they said to my late Father but that is for you to worry about not me. So now that you have said you do agree with street presence and have brought up three people from your city who do it, why have you not? Is it disrespectful of me to ask where the street presence of you, Deces, and Senza are at? I just figured if it is something you were passionate about you would want to be part of it and you would also want those under you in your city to be part of it and I had hoped that those three you mentioned having a voice in the Streets would encourage the rest to or perhaps all the speeches about your cities Godfather's lack of street activity may inspire them but it clearly has not. I do appreciate that after the fifth time I asked you did actually answer my question without adding other things to it so thank you for that, and yes I am at least trying to make an effort Mr Nakamura, maybe in a heated situation such as here and maybe I was out of line in certain aspects but when you continue to ignore my question straight up and try to make this a bloodline thing I am not going to take it very kindly as I do not care whether you are a Godfather or not, a question is a question and should be able to be answered by a Godfather without needing to bring bloodlines into it nor feel that it is some kind of revenge as it is not."

"This is about me having questions, the only question my Father had was one you answered by saying it was a lie that was told to my Father on his deathbed, that is fine now I am asking questions I am personally curious of, if you wish to continue to believe it is something about not letting bygones be bygones that is fine, but I do find it ironic that you made the decision you made without ever bothering to get any information on what actually occurred but that is not something I really care about so I will stick to the question I have asked above on why you are not doing any of the street presence and why you have not inspired your Godfather's to have street presence as well if that is part of the vision you wish to create."

Report Post Tip

Dusty turned her head at something Nakamura had said.

Hello Nakamura, not sure we have ever spoken before. Pleasure to meet you.

You seem to think I am wasting my breath attempting to get people to use their voices. I'd like to know why? Maybe the topics have been done before.  I did not go history diving before I attempted to speak on the here and now. I am curious why you would want to demotivate someone from creating discussions though.

Report Post Tip
Friends, friends, I think as a community, we should begin talks and debates promoting the positives and point out those who have been vocal and "making a difference", rather then pointing out who we feel are not.
What better to motivate change than to reward the positive. I feel we would achieve much more success by positive reinforcement.
Report Post Tip

Dusty, fair enough, I can understand your reasoning for not calling out New York directly. I will not deny that you make some fair points; everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I stated before. But I also wonder if you could not have made the very same points that you made without calling out specific crews or cities? Could you not have used your family types without deciding what family falls under what type? You could always have sent a letter to a specific leader that you felt was too silent, inviting them to comment on where they felt their crew fell in your list. Talk to them privately about what you're trying to accomplish. There are ways to encourage communication without calling people out in this manner. Instead what has happened is this has become divisive speech that has pitted people against one another, to the point where we have a wise guy from DT calling a GFC from CH "two faced". I'm sure that's not what you intended at all. I will come out here and defend my city and those in it with my dying breath. Had you not called out specific crews, I may have had an entirely different, more productive, reaction. Just food for thought. 

Report Post Tip

Nakamura extends his hand and introduces himself to the right hand of New York

Hello, Miss Dusty.  It is indeed a pleasure to make your acquaintance.  My intentions are never to discourage anyone from stepping out here and voicing their opinions on any matter.  That's what makes America great, the ability to speak your mind.  However, my intentions were to get folks that come out here to voice their opinions to be a little bit more original in their responses or with their topics.  Since we are truly trying to spark creativity, then now is the time to do so with fresh ideas and fresh topics to discuss.  If you have taken my response the way it was not intended, then I am sorry to hear that.

He then directs his attention towards Crest.

Thank you for admitting that you were out of line in the way you handled your responses.  I am always open to participating in discussions when addressed, but all you had to do was reach out and ask for my opinion on any matter and I would have been glad to have given it to you.  

I have, in fact, been present on these streets time and time again.  Maybe not up to your liking, but I have been here.  I have challenged my city as a whole to become more active on these streets and a lot of them have answered the call.  Whether it is sharing their stories or joining in to the debates and discussions, Chicago has been here.  

My godfathers have their own voice and I do not have to speak for them.  If you want their opinion on any matter, just ask them.  I'm sure they will be glad to answer.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Family
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL