Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 16:23:23
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Is rank now deemed worthless? Started by: Lancelot on Oct 25, '16 17:58

A quick message to all the self important people yes Lancelot has finally found something worthy of his time, in fact he just couldn't resist this one.

So with all the new changes that have occured we once again see all the cities occupied and to an extent thrive, something I personally have been wanting to see for a very long time indeed, powerhouse cities to me have always smacked of insecurity, oh so and so might come after me lets make my city so big no one else can threaten it, In my opinion always a pussy ass thing to do, there is nothing wrong with healthy competition and only those severely insecure would argue that fact, over the last year or so we have seen bullies and tyrants trying to mould the world to their will, "I'm the biggest baddest arsehole here and I need to show it" kind of attitude, which is all well and good we are not in kindergarten but you have to look at it's impacts many family lines have left this life due to such people, it's all well and good to want power but what is power when there is no one around to have power over?, which brings me to my main point.

We seem to have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other, now I take my hat off to what RobOakheart and CristianGato and my own Godfather Nakamura have tried to do I sincerely do commend their actions, but when has it ever been deemed acceptable for low ranked members to stand and not only call out a Godfather but then be allowed to persist in arguing with the said godfather? do we not value rank anymore? can anyone just do and say whatever the hell they want?.

You see in any business you have to have parameters and rules both spoken and those not spoken but generally accepted and one unwritten rule is to respect those above you in the hierarchy of things, so I personally would like to know when did we do away with the basics such as respect? do we now live in an age where rank really means nothing and anybody can just come out here having done nothing beforehand I might add and just start calling those above him out? and then laugh about it to his friends.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Rev listens to Lancelot talk while sitting in his quiet corner of  the room. See he is not one that likes to speak out often, he prefers to listen, but make no mistake he is paying attention. He does not need to hear the sound of his own voice over and over again. As he takes a sip of his drink he thinks about what the man before him just said.

There is a place to voice your opinion to higher ups or someone equal to you in rank. It's not here, here is for all ears to hear. If you aren't even a Made member of your family and you call out someone who not only has earned respect from his peers he has earned the position of Godfather Chairman, and you are allowed to continue breathing you better be counting your blessings and kissing whoever's ass who spared your useless life. I hear the term puppet thrown around a lot these days. This is the fuckin mafia we are all puppets to our leaders. We serve at their pleasure, not the other way around.

Rev goes back to his quit corner and sips his cocktail , and goes back to people watching because he knows sooner or later someone will come out and say something so ignorant he will laugh hysterically again, and again, and again.....

Report Post Tip

can anyone just do and say whatever the hell they want?.

Did the person do and say what they wanted and get away with it? I'm not entirely sure. Do you think a person speaking their mind merits their death just because of the rank they currently hold? I don't.

As you said yourself, Godfather Chairman Nakamura, Godfather Chairman RobOakheart and Don ChristianGato have indeed returned the streets to a place where people can speak their mind without the need for bloodshed, but there has also been proof that a line exists. So to qoute the one case where someone didn't meet their death and ask if all values have been rIemoved seems very dramatic to me.

It's simply a case by case basis, I think all things are looked at and measured before actions are taken instead of simply going OMFG he shouted at someone higher ranked, pew pew pew.

Lets face it, for an argument to commence two or more persons have to actually participate. If someone of higher rank doesn't feel like answering the questions/rants of someone lower ranked then of course they aren't obliged to and can obviously speak to whomever that person reports to if they believe a line was crossed. How are we to know that hasn't happend in the case you speak of?

Anyway, I guess the short answer, in my opinion, is No. Rank hasn't lost value anymore so now than it had prior to the changes made.

Report Post Tip

Did the person do and say what they wanted and get away with it? I'm not entirely sure. Do you think a person speaking their mind merits their death just because of the rank they currently hold? I don't.

In this case Slash I personally do as I have it on good authority the person in question was doing it just to wind Chicago up due to being salty over his father being killed.

As you said yourself, Godfather Chairman Nakamura, Godfather Chairman RobOakheart and Don ChristianGato have indeed returned the streets to a place where people can speak their mind without the need for bloodshed, but there has also been proof that a line exists. So to qoute the one case where someone didn't meet their death and ask if all values have been rIemoved seems very dramatic to me.

I am all for healthy debate and like I have already said I commend the three of them for what they have done and are trying to do, no one should be killed for voicing an opinion I agree with that, but when you keep pushing things just for your own amusement trying to make out that you are a superstar dictating to a godfather when you yourself have done fuck all then you cross the line.

It's simply a case by case basis, I think all things are looked at and measured before actions are taken instead of simply going OMFG he shouted at someone higher ranked, pew pew pew.

Yes it is a case by case basis and in this case my own opinion is he pushed way too far, and not once did I say or ask anyone to pew anybody.

Lets face it, for an argument to commence two or more persons have to actually participate. If someone of higher rank doesn't feel like answering the questions/rants of someone lower ranked then of course they aren't obliged to and can obviously speak to whomever that person reports to if they believe a line was crossed. How are we to know that hasn't happend in the case you speak of?

I don't really need to answer this one as it is all out there for everyone to see and draw their own conclusions, like I said I am all for healthy debate if done in a rational and respectful manner as we are doing here.

Report Post Tip

Lancelot, I think I addressed your precise subject just recently on another street corner, so if you'll allow me to recall what I said from memory...

Kate pauses a moment before reciting.

I believe that anyone, whether it's a thug, gangster, or wise guy, should be able to walk into the streets and question a Godfather. That's what the streets are for: discussion. And if anyone speaks the truth in a calm, persuasive manner then rank shouldn''t matter, in the sense that wisdom, insight, and truth should be recognized regardless of rank. A discussion about matters of substance is not resolved by simply considering the rank of two people involved in a disagreement.

With that acknowledgement, I believe that we should absolutely care about the rank of someone that we're in a discussion with- not necessarily because it should change what we're willing to say, but it should absolutely affect how we should conduct ourselves while saying it. It's a fact of our life, and I don't think it's one that should be left behind.  I don't think that anyone should be shot for "disrespect" if they conduct themselves appropriately in asking a question- even a potentially uncomfortable one. But I don't believe that there's now a free fall in the way that we should address each other- particularly those of us who have earned respect in our way of life.

That being said, I also think that the ability for a speaker to make a mistake and learn from it- as opposed to receiving a bullet- is something that could benefit our world. Some may decry the crumbling of traditions- but isn't the ability to listen to someone insult you and explain why they're wrong a truer strength than an immediate bullet? I don't think that patience should necessarily extend indefinitely, of course, but it's something to consider.

In the past week, we've seen a few incidents where a speaker could be accused of "disrespect". In some cases, the incident ended with a bullet. In other cases, it did not. I do not see this as a perfect new world, nor do I see this as a crumbling foundation of What We Used To Be. My opinion is this: if RobOakheart , Nakamura , and ChristianGato want to try to increase the amount of activity in the streets then doesn't it make sense to remove the fear that some people have of getting shot for saying anything perceived as remotely disrespectful? Over time, I have no doubt "the line" of what is appropriate will be clarified. But for now, I applaud the idea of erring on the side that results in fewer corpses and lips sewn shut for fear of reprisal.

Report Post Tip

Yes, but to draw conclusions as to what repercussions if any took place, we'd need to know the conversartions away from that of the street and in the closed doors of the HQ. Are you privy to such information? I would think not. Just because the person as I said, isn't dead, doesn't mean that his actions have had no impact or repercussions. Punishment can come in many forms.

Report Post Tip

This response now reaches across two speeches, however signora Logan has hit a nail pretty hard, with whatever it is that she hits things with.

Removing the fear of implications for a persons opinions is a good start, however how do you treat those that step out of line, brush the line aside or just disregard it completely? Well, more damage can be done to a persons reputation with the words they use than taking a bullet. Wounds heal, or you kin can live on in your memory, however the memory of words said by a persons kin will unfortunately be used against a that person for a considerable amount of time. 

Nobody else can truly ruin how people perceive you, but you. Sure, some elaborate smear campaign could do the trick, however this always leaves room for doubt. There is no doubt where the words came from when it is witnessed first hand.

And before I hear anyone bring up the late signore Omaley, I'd like to preemptively remind people I left ample opportunity for his actions to be explained, recalled and forgiven. That situation turned into something a bit uglier though. 

Report Post Tip

I totally agree with you Kate to a certain extent I have absolutely no problem with people regardless of rank coming out and voicing their own opinions if done so in a proper manner, hell I'm all for that but you will always get those that will push the boundries knowing they are doing so but in a veiled manner which yes does disrespect the people in question, the person I am referring too knows exactly who he is and what he was doing and I might add was only doing it to cause problems and for his own amusement, nothing to do with contributing completely the opposite he was clearly trying to cause problems in the hope he could aggravate a situation in which people get killed, now he might have the balls to come out and say otherwise but I know his true motives in this case as he has a big mouth and proceeded to laugh and joke at the fact he was going after CH specifically.

Now I'm sorry but as a member of Chicago myself I will not sit idly by whilst some wiseguy lays it on my Godfather then runs off to his friends and has a giggle over it, that is what I find disrespectful and in my opinion totally unacceptable.

Report Post Tip

Yes, but to draw conclusions as to what repercussions if any took place, we'd need to know the conversartions away from that of the street and in the closed doors of the HQ. Are you privy to such information? I would think not. Just because the person as I said, isn't dead, doesn't mean that his actions have had no impact or repercussions. Punishment can come in many forms.

Yes Slash I am privvy to certain information pertaining to this individual In fact I wouldn't have found the need to even open my mouth about this had I not had information from elsewhere.

Report Post Tip

Nobody else can truly ruin how people perceive you, but you.

I totally agree with that statement you will always be judged on not only what you do but what you say also, problem we have here is a case of someone delibrately trying to cause problems a person who in his own words really doesn't care if he lives or dies, someone still holding a grudge over being his father being killed for his own stupidity.

Report Post Tip

Since Mr Lancelot cannot just keep to one entire thought and decides to give three at one time I will give one full thought here as I have done all the arguing I needed to do and now they want more so they can claim more disrespect and continue to try to get me killed so I will put it all out in to one thought here and I will not be returning based on what is said as really I do not care, if they wished to receive my opinions on their thoughts they should have spoke up way before it got out of hand but they did not so let me begin with what you are claiming.

You say that I am a bitter bloodline over my Father's death, yet my first family was under Kurgan in Chicago, now if I was a bitter bloodline why would I go and join the man's city who I am bitter against? The simple fact is I would not, but I decided to give Chicago a try, while I was there I did not really feel as if it was the city I wished to be in, I rarely saw anyone around and nobody really seemed to care so I asked for my requested transfer to Mr Gato which was accepted and now I am here so no this has nothing to do with a dead Father of mine, one question I had asked towards Nakamura was about my dead Father yes as I was very curious as to why he would want somebody dead that he never spoke a word to, a question he never answered but I no longer really care as clearly he did not intend to answer it.

Now yes it is true that I fed one of the Chicago crew leaders a bunch of shit about why I was doing what I was doing, simply because this man contacted me randomly and asked about my bloodline and if I was who he thought I was, I confirmed and told him I am not very good at hiding that then I suppose. He proceeded to claim that I was out in the streets having fun, when in reality I was asking a very simple question to the Right Hand to Mr Nakamura that I was very curious on as I did not believe what she was doing held to what Mr Nakamura has been found to have said around these parts.

Now during this conversation with this Crew Leader that Crest has never had any communication with prior did tell him that he was not thrilled to hear that Nakamura went to Mr Oakheart about killing the deceased Evolve, it was during this time where I had asked in the Streets about this towards Nakamura which he then claimed it was a lie that was told to him, I did respond about this and he did not respond to that part again so I left it alone as there was nothing more that needed to be said. At this point during a conversation the Right Hand of this Leader took it into their own matter to interject in this conversation and attempt to throw insults at my bloodline which I then responded with a mail claiming my bloodline has never been a big street talker and agreeing that it is not my forte yet as well as sending quite a few of my bloodline that had been active in the Streets during their time. I did not receive anything back, however, these mails were sent in the middle of what had already became a heated debate and I did not owe this man any real reasons for why I was doing or saying what I was saying or doing as he is not my Leader nor has anything to do with me.

You are now taking this mail sent to you and trying to claim it for what it is not, just because I tell some random guy I rarely speak to a bunch of shit as it is impossible to take him seriously when he believes what I am doing is already all about having fun and not actually wanting answers to my questions it is impossible to actually get said person to understand that I am genuinely curious about certain things. 

Now to speak on that as well, the Right Hand to your Godfather threw the disrespect card so fast to avoid answering any questions I had about the viewed or believed laziness of some of Chicago which resulted in the discussion being started to begin with. Once the Right Hand of Chicago brought forward the disrespect card I was less inclined to really care about the views as she had already stated she did not care about any of my views. Was that wrong of me? Maybe but I will not apologize for it as I believe we all deserve the same viewing no matter the rank you are or where you are from when we discuss in the Streets and if the Right Hand of Chicago cannot put anything I say in a belief of genuine questioning and just labels it as disrespect instead then why should I give respect? I had genuine questions that were thrown in my face and then because I was questioning things that clearly Chicago did not wish to answer as shown by them being called out a few times and never answering they throw this bloodline thing is my face. 

Did I react in a disrespectful manner? Perhaps, but nobody is going to take kindly to being ignored and just have a bloodline salt thrown in their fact when that was not the reason they responded to begin with. You say I did it to try to get people to kill each other? Get who exactly to kill each other as the only heated discussion I had was with Nakamura, so I was trying to get Nakamura to kill Nakamura? Now I am confused and think I need to find a psych ward which is what I think I will go and try to do as maybe they can help me understand that statement.

Anyways this is all I have to say on this, as I have accepted that some of what I said was disrespectful but I will also say that by not answering my questions and pushing it into a bloodline thing did set me off, is it acceptable? Is it even right to do? Maybe not, but it happened and I said what I said just like I am doing now where I am sharing my version of the events of yesterday and I do not care who believes me and who does not you are all entitled to your own beliefs and these are mine.

Report Post Tip

In answer to your question, rank is not deemed worthless in my eyes. However, I do not feel it merits a reason to be in a discussion with anyone either. If you get upset and start throwing rank around, it almost feels like an abuse of power.

To be fair though we could question rank in more than just discussions. We could go so far to question if rank is worthless in some families based on how easily ranks are handed out, etc.

The reality is, this conversation on rank is very much a double edged sword and very open to fling off into many other conversations that surround rank that could deem it worthless or otherwise. It all depends on how you look at it and the many factors around it.

Personally, I could never blame anyone for calling someone else out. Its all in how it is done though and subject to the people specifically involved and the person's leader in how it is handled if deemed disrespectful.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I was wondering how long it would take for you to come out and try and defend your actions 2hrs not too shabby to be honest bet it took a few times to try and wrangle a good comeback but none the less you took the bait and decided to answer me for that i applaud you.

Now I am the same as you to the extent if I have something on my chest I will spill it, there's an old saying and that is the truth hurts.

Since Mr Lancelot cannot just keep to one entire thought and decides to give three at one time I will give one full thought here as I have done all the arguing I needed to do and now they want more so they can claim more disrespect and continue to try to get me killed so I will put it all out in to one thought here and I will not be returning based on what is said as really I do not care, if they wished to receive my opinions on their thoughts they should have spoke up way before it got out of hand but they did not so let me begin with what you are claiming.

Oh and just for the record I have not once asked for your death and if I really wanted you dead do you not think I would have done it myself? and you just proved my point entirely when I said "I will not be returning based on what is said as really I do not care".

See that is the problem you really don't care hence why you felt the need to brag about tearing Chicage a new one, well guess what buddy we are not all mute as you would have everyone believe.

You say that I am a bitter bloodline over my Father's death, yet my first family was under Kurgan in Chicago, now if I was a bitter bloodline why would I go and join the man's city who I am bitter against? The simple fact is I would not, but I decided to give Chicago a try, while I was there I did not really feel as if it was the city I wished to be in, I rarely saw anyone around and nobody really seemed to care so I asked for my requested transfer to Mr Gato which was accepted and now I am here so no this has nothing to do with a dead Father of mine, one question I had asked towards Nakamura was about my dead Father yes as I was very curious as to why he would want somebody dead that he never spoke a word to, a question he never answered but I no longer really care as clearly he did not intend to answer it.

Seeing as you are only a matter of 16 days old you wasn't in Chicago for long so how the hell would you even know what the fuck you are talking about? next you will claim to have been bullied as your bloodline has done in the past when things have gone against you, next up lets see.

Now yes it is true that I fed one of the Chicago crew leaders a bunch of shit about why I was doing what I was doing, simply because this man contacted me randomly and asked about my bloodline and if I was who he thought I was, I confirmed and told him I am not very good at hiding that then I suppose. He proceeded to claim that I was out in the streets having fun, when in reality I was asking a very simple question to the Right Hand to Mr Nakamura that I was very curious on as I did not believe what she was doing held to what Mr Nakamura has been found to have said around these parts.

So you are openly admitting you are a liar? this gets better and better keep digging my friend. NEXT!

Now during this conversation with this Crew Leader that Crest has never had any communication with prior did tell him that he was not thrilled to hear that Nakamura went to Mr Oakheart about killing the deceased Evolve, it was during this time where I had asked in the Streets about this towards Nakamura which he then claimed it was a lie that was told to him, I did respond about this and he did not respond to that part again so I left it alone as there was nothing more that needed to be said. At this point during a conversation the Right Hand of this Leader took it into their own matter to interject in this conversation and attempt to throw insults at my bloodline which I then responded with a mail claiming my bloodline has never been a big street talker and agreeing that it is not my forte yet as well as sending quite a few of my bloodline that had been active in the Streets during their time. I did not receive anything back, however, these mails were sent in the middle of what had already became a heated debate and I did not owe this man any real reasons for why I was doing or saying what I was saying or doing as he is not my Leader nor has anything to do with me.

So absolutely nothing to do with being salty then about your father being killed, NEXT!

Did I react in a disrespectful manner? Perhaps, but nobody is going to take kindly to being ignored and just have a bloodline salt thrown in their fact when that was not the reason they responded to begin with. You say I did it to try to get people to kill each other? Get who exactly to kill each other as the only heated discussion I had was with Nakamura, so I was trying to get Nakamura to kill Nakamura? Now I am confused and think I need to find a psych ward which is what I think I will go and try to do as maybe they can help me understand that statement.

Your whole demeanor was disrespectful in the fact you said and did what you did regardless of any consequence because as you already stated you don't care, keep answering the nonesense you are I can sit here with a smile watching yourself dig deeper but please stop trying to bullshit everyone you and I and a few others know your real motives.

Heres a new shovel!

Report Post Tip

Neveah sighed, stepping forward once again, with much reluctance. 

"Because I was called out directly, I feel I have no choice but to directly respond to you Mr. Crest. I do have a name you know, other then "right hand." It's Neveah. Please to meet you. Now that we have that out of the way, let me move on to your words again me. You made it very clear, in your words and in your actions, that you were looking to start an argument with me. You wanted to fight. I choose not to feed into that sort of conversation by choosing to return my attention to the original speaker. You may feel I was refusing to answer your question and in a way, you're right. However, you choose to take my words and twist them to meet your own ridiculous agenda. You choose to insult not only my Godfather but my entire city. Did I find that disrespectful? Absolutely. That's my right. You don't have to agree with me and that's fine. At no point in time did I ever state that your views didn't matter. I simply stated that I won't be discussing them with you any further and I said that because I felt that you were purposefully aiming to start a drawn our fight. Again, that's my right. I can choose who I do or do not want to speak with." 

"I'm all for change in this world but I do think there is a line and I do feel that you crossed that line. However, I am not one of the pillars of this world, so I don't get to decide what that line is. People seem to think I have a problem with you challenging a godfather; I have no problem with challenging a godfather. Or anyone of a higher rank. I myself challenged Don Gato when I felt he had contradicted himself. But the way I addressed my concern was far different then the way you addressed yours. I was polite and respectful. I wasn't looking for a fight, I was looking for clarification and an answer to my questions, both of which he provided."

"I can't help but wonder had I approached Don Gato in the same way you approached Godfather Nakamura, would the punishment have been the same? I suppose we'll never know because I know how to handle myself in such a way that I can deliver what I have to say without insulting people. You are right about one thing however. I am not an avid supporter of all of the changes that are currently taking place in this world. And guess what? That's ok. Not everyone is going to be. Without voices in opposition, how can anything really develop? If everyone simply agreed to everything, how would the flaws and kinks ever be worked out? Is my opinion the opinion of all of Chicago simply because I am right hand to the GFC? No, of course not. To make that connection is silly. My opinion is my own and has been fully shared with my Godfather. Many leaders value having someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind even when they are in opposition. The key, again, is to do so in a way where you are critiquing the process and not simply insulting people."

"Now, to finish up, I will state that I do believe rank matters. And while I may understand why calling for your death, Mr. Crest, isn't necessarily the right move in this new world of ours, a world to which all of us are still adjusting, I will say that your completely unapologetic attitude about your behavior is off putting and very disappointing. You admit that "maybe" you stepped out of line in certain aspects and "perhaps" you presented yourself in a disrespectful manner and then proceed to give excuses as to why that was ok. If your leaders are fine with that behavior, then so be it. But I would think, at minimum, an apology to our Godfather would be issued for the way your handled yourself in that conversation. Because if we take away all of the weight that rank holds in this world, then what point is there to ever gaining rank at all?"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Rev it does not matter where one voice their opinion. If a happy trigger **** wants to shoot one is dead.  99.9 don't give a shit.

Report Post Tip

do we now live in an age where rank really means nothing and anybody can just come out here having done nothing beforehand I might add and just start calling those above him out?

Fist was listening to Lancelot speak and agreed with most of what he was saying.  He decided to chime in and voice his opinion.

I feel rank is very important in our world.  If we didn't have any rank structure there really would be no point to be in a life of crime such as this.  In order to begin to respect ranks of this world one must first ask themselves why they even joined this life in the first place.  If you don't respect the rank structure you are either A) Stupid or B) Full of yourself because your father was a leader (or whatever gets your dick hard at night).  Yeah your father was a leader...YOU ARE NOT!  I mean, arguing or what not with a Godfather, let alone your own Godfather is probably the most disrespectful thing you could do in my eyes (and I would hope in everyone else's eyes as well).

Let's just say I am a Godfather and you are a crew member in my city or even a Crew Leader.  You think your idea is the right way and I think my idea is.  You decide to argue with me as to how I run my city or whatever the argument may be.  I would shoot you dead where you stand the second you start arguing with me.  End of story.  Advising is one thing, arguing with any kind of rank above you, heh, you might as well piss in my face because I'm going to be upset just for the fact that you do not respect or think I deserve my rank.  That's what you are saying when you argue or disrespect my rank.  (Obviously if I weren't a GF I wouldn't shoot anyone but I would still be very pissed off)

And that's my two cents on it.

Report Post Tip

Who the hell are you trying to kid. Politics is huge up in here as we heard so many times.  If you ain't paying to play your life iis ended much sooner then you and yours truly like to see. The donations depend on your success. The ancestry is tight then a virgins twat.

Report Post Tip

The problem of speaking your mind is although their is straight respect and disrespect and a fine area of grey in between.  The fact is normally we see civilians. thugs and petty thieves have outbursts and people just expect is a throw away image where someone comes to the streets as a deranged lunatic, a potential suicide victim or just to troll an discussion, debate or announcement.

Sometimes it pushes a bit further and when blood lines and their grudges are involved the questions are often has the apple fallen far from the tree
and if we are living in a time of past lineages forgiven why do people want to create the same old enemies? is there a point parts of society can honestly move beyond or will people always want to stir the pot.

The truth is anyone can question someone in a respectful way regardless of rank, if it's an internal matter i never understand why it gets to the streets and can quite easily be addressed in a mail the same way as some may drag it to the streets.  We have recently seen RH's question their own leaders on their street and others and people insult people thinking they are under some shield.  I am happy especially when my family question why things work a certain way as i hope it passes something on to them and the truth is maybe new ideas can bring something to the family.

The problem is the same punishment has to be equal across the board and without it, then we just create more issues and people discuss the old well is because it is x, y or z or why should someone be able to get away with it.  To me is a leaders place, to try and get in before something gets to the point of no return as no one wants to lose a good member and at the same time don't want to look like their crew is a bunch of children running wild; is always hard when no one can be watching the world twenty four hours a day or it developing into other incidents.

I hope and wish rank would mean something to many, but when people are rushed up the ranks, or into auth i think people will always question the integrity of a situation or rank.  The truth is people transfer crews and gain rank before having done anything, leaders place different standards on whats expected of a made or above and scenarios dictate different needs to crews as have seen relationships and ranks hit upon in other discussions.

So the truth is, from my point of view is if within an organisation question and suggest but carefully and respectfully.  From the outside of an organisation, be even more respectful but is gentle ways to question without placing judgement as never know whats happen internally.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

As Bjorn raises himself from his chair he had been sitting on in the back of the venue and finishing his drink before stepping up, he smiled but also had a serious look in his eyes. He knew some of the speakers before and saw a few unknown faces throw in a comment or so. But the two persons he had been focusing on were Lancelot for he had started the speech. But also the last speaker ms Karen had made a good impression on him but as he had seen her often and heard her speak he knew they were very similar in mind and he was not surprised. Hence the smile on his face. As he closed in on the stage he nodded a friendly greeting to them both and took a deep breath to focus his mind on what he had to say.

I liked the start of the speech by you Lancelot, however I was a little disappointed by the fact that this conversation rather turned into the judgement of one specific conversation held in another venue across the street. The topic itself in this current wave of liberty of speech would have been more than inspiring enough in my opinion, shame it was not grasped by some around.

Taking one comment made by ms Karen, regarding the seemlingly losing scrutiny taken by leaders to promote their associates and made+ to higher ranks, I would like to voice my thought on the matter. Firstly I think every leader has the job to lead their family in the best of their abilities and based on the vision that started their operations. Some leaders are more scrutinizing than others, yet personally I have not seen any leader having a high number of higher ranked members making many transgressions in the street. From what I could see mostly associates or even members of our society less than 24 hours old are the ones that seem to join the discussions for non-constructive trouble stirring comments. Personally I would not promote anyone in my family who I would see as a potential thread to my family by taking strong positions in the streets without the proper respectful manner and capabilities to speak their minds. Heck, even the ones that I have given the task to represent our family come to me out of their free will and ever present concern prior to speaking their minds. I ask them never to change their opinions, nor being less direct, the only advice I give them is to be considerate of any consequences of their speeches or if asked I give them my opinion prior to their moments in the spotlight.

Taking this train of thought.. Lancelot you asked whether rank is something that is disregarded at this stage and no longer having a meaning to the society. Personally I think this is not the case, personally I think achieving a higher rank show be a clear signal that person has shown the capabilities to navigate themselves not only through the hard work we do, money we earn but also navigate the many tasks and responsibilities we have as a gangster. Above a certain level, Boss+, i would see this as a person that knows the rules and expectations of society and is 100% aware of what any positions taken in the streets could potentially influence the family or city he/she represents. Determining whether this person or their leader reacts to any comment thrown at their city, family or individual person shows their skills and their restraint where needed. Being called out on the streets does not always needs to come with a counter reaction, showing restraint and ignoring an insulting post and resolving this via non-public channels could be a shown of greater understanding and most likely could result in a more win-win situation.

Neveah, you raise the point where a Don or GF would be called out and wonder if they would show the same reaction. I would say no, there will be different reactions, but what is to say what is the right course of action. You mention two well-respected leaders whom have the wisdom of many days, 100+ even, and are part of a select group of people charged with upholding the current society's values. Based on that I would not expect mr ChristianGato and mr Nakamura to have too deviating reactions, for they would discuss any trangressions within the pillars group and take action as based on the consensus of the group.

I also see many references to journals, fathers and other signs of kinship, I do have an opinion regarding the importance of ancestry and how it would affect this topic and many more. However I will leave that for another day, I will be addressing that some time in the future myself hopefully when my thoughts on the subject have been more organized

Report Post Tip

Respect to the above leaders who do not resort to bloodshed because someone spoke their mind. Did Senza miss that lesson?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Is rank now deemed worthless?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL