Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 06:54:16
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: New and improved WYSIWYG editor Started by: Squishy on Apr 14, '10 13:31

SUMMARY:  New and improved poster for the forums. (Similar to MS Word style interface)

The old What You See Is What You Get was more of What You See Is What You Hope You Get.  It has been replaced with better code that actually gives you what you want :)  For those who have not tried it yet, go to your Manage menu and enable your WYSIWYG checkbox.  For those purists who like doing their own tags (hard returns, bolds, whatevers), you can stick with the non WYSIWYG editor by turning it off.  In the non WYSIWYG version, you are required to handle your own HTML tags.

Report Post Tip

I love it.  So much quicker and easier with less potential for embarrassing error

Report Post Tip

This on is a fantastic change.....just makes typing a lot more fun.

Report Post Tip

Horray!!

Report Post Tip

Give the full screen button a try (Middle of the third row -- after the indent buttons).

Report Post Tip

If anyone doesn't like the arrangement of the buttons, feel free to modify it (see below) and send me your modifications. I think two lines would be best.  I'll send you a monetary incentive for your work...

theme_advanced_buttons1 : "bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
        theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,cleanup,help,code",
        theme_advanced_buttons3 : "insertdate,inserttime,|,preview,|,hr,|,sub,sup,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,|,nonbreaking,|,spellchecker",

Report Post Tip

thanks a lot!

Report Post Tip

This is indeed a great improvement.

Mario, I sent you my suggestion for the buttons.

Report Post Tip

I have to say, I'm already finding the number of users screwing with the standard Font family and Font size extremely irritating.

I can't see any reason why these options would be beneficial, other than to allow users be annoying and/or idiotic, so would personally love to see them either removed or hugely restricted.

Report Post Tip

At the risk of seeming sad and boring, I have to agree with Deimne.

The potential for this to be abused, combined with the limited intelligence of MafiaReturns seems like a receipe for disaster.

Report Post Tip

Guess I should include myself within that.

Recipe.

Report Post Tip

Being a supporter of the ability to center text in one's profile, I love this idea. Also, it makes things a bit more simply. However, I agree with Gwarble and Deimne. I would limit the use of certain options in the streets for certain. For instance, no one wants to read a massive speech in 36 font.

Report Post Tip

@CrazyNine: done :).
@HerbertThePervert: I got your mobmail too. CrazyNine basically did what you described (with some changes), but did the work for me <___<.

As for the abuse: With great power comes great responsibility. I'm trusting people not to abuse the font selection. I don't see it being a huge issue.

Report Post Tip

kthx lol

Report Post Tip

I might kill the next person to put their font in bold and larger than average print.

...Just sayin'.

Report Post Tip

(...Aside from that, yay for new fonts!  :D)

Report Post Tip

I can see the fonts getting equally as irritating at times tbh. If someone chooses a less than clear one, it's very annoying.

I just don't personally see any benefits from them. That said, the great thing about MR is that we have the power to control it ourselves. If street posts with people abusing it become an issue, it's very easy for that to be user controlled as Feli has suggested.

Report Post Tip

Indeed, Deimne.  Sadly, you don't have the gun to enforce such a world-wide restriction.

Deeze.  :/

GOOD DAY, DEV'NA!  ;)

Report Post Tip

they could be used in newspapers, for starters.

Report Post Tip

I can say with some degree of certainty that they won't be.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: New and improved WYSIWYG editor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL