Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 08:04:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Message to the community Started by: Slash on Nov 15, '16 23:52

Hello there folks, forgive me for skipping on any theatrics and what not, but I figured I'd be best just getting straight to the point on this topic. Recently a meeting was called between all of the Crewleaders in these 6 Cities, that meeting took place tonight and below is a very summarised version of events. As the meeting took over 2hrs of constant discussion, please be aware that many views and opinions were shared but what you see below is the over all agreed outcome of any topics that were discussed.

• Passing the Baton Contest

Some may be surprised at this being first on the agenda given the recent wars, but this was of the greatest importance to many people as it was a symbol of the world being back on its feet and uniting to compete together in this current time of peace. As you will have guessed, all Cities have agreed to get as many people as possible to participate in the above contest.

We simply now must await for the Gods to do their part.

• Universal Protection Order

As you will already see, this was agreed unanimously and instead of seeing posters littering our streets advising who is protected and for how long, a new location has been agreed where each addition will be added to it, instead of simply being placed everywhere. It is of the upmost importance that people visit this place whenever a leader dies as explicit instructions will be added there to advise the population on who is fair game, and who isn't.

• Free Cities

During tonights meeting it was agreed that the Free Cities as they stand should no longer be deemed as such. Instead, the Free Cities; LA, LV and PH, will instead be regarded as a regular city henceforth. Each City has the right to determine amongst themselves who, if anyone, will be deemed as a City Head for that city.

• Freedom of speech

A question was raised as to whether or people in the community could still enjoy the ability to speak without being harshly treated for offending someone. A lot was said in this matter and many believe the term respect to be subjective, but the agreed notion here is that everyone wants people to enjoy the ability to speak their mind, but must do so knowing that being disrespectful may result in the person you disrespected taking that matter up with your Crewleader. So always remember to be respectful in any interactions you have and you shouldn't have any cause for concern.

• Associate Transfer system

A recent idea that can be seen here

After much dicsussion, there was 3 distinct options that was concluded. These were as follows;

1. Associates under 8 days may move freely, but CLs have the right to block in special circumstances
  2. Associates under 8 days may move freely regardless.
  3. It is entirely the discretion of any CLs involved to decide whether or not a member can tranfser

There were many votes for option 1, but twice as many for option 3. None for option 2.

In conclusion, it is expected that any member wishing to make a move out of their crew should seek permission from their leader, this wont come as a shock to anyone I dont think, as this has always pretty much been the case, but please note that what was clear from this discussion is that all CLs are fairly open to listening to members that wish to move.

• Protection Order status

Further to the earlier discussion on the placing of a universal protection order, there was much discussion on the content of any such order. Many argued that all members tagged should be protected regardless of when they were last seen walking the streets, whilst others believe that such matters were subjective and should simply be left to whomever was issueing the order. It was in the end agreed that anyone doing a protection order must state who they are protecting. There should be no grey areas.

• Punishment for breaching orders

Again, following from the previous topic there was a discussion on implementing a standard punishment structure for people not adhering to procetion orders. After much discussion it was decided that this was still be handled by CLs on a case by case basis, it was also agreed that following the recent position of a universal order this may limite instances where we see orders broken and so the topic would be reviewed at a later point if still required.

• New York

There isn't really anything to tell you as yet, but simply to add that there are plans currently being put into place for New York and when the details for this become available, they will be made public. Until such time that is all the information we have on the big apple.

• Bloodlining

Due to the concerns of a member of the community, the subject of bloodlining was discussed. Every Crewleader that spoke in this area, agreed such matters are abhorrent and shouldnt be practised. It's worth noting this topic was raised in conjuction with that of respect in the streets, and so most comments fell to the latter as no-one was in support of bloodling, thus it was much of a moot point and as has always been the case, bloodlining is not seen as a tactic that should be employed by anyone.

• Funeral disrespect

This was a topic touched on very briefly, but again like Bloodlining there wasn't a single voice that gave support to why this should be an allowed practice, thus as has always been the case, funeral direspect is simply still direspect and leaders would deal with it as such.

Slash takes a drink from his hip flash, his mouth and throat dry from speaking so much

I would like to also simply add that the majority of leaders were in attendance at this meeting, we intend to hold such meetings on a fortnightly basis (every 2 weeks). If there should ever be anything you wish for your leader to raise at the meeting, please always feel free to do so. It is very likely that after each meeting then one of the leaders will come out here to announce anything that was discussed.

So whilst there are no Pillars in the community, we wish to make it clear to everyone that the leaders are all working together to bring stabiliy and prosperity back to their cities and we wish for nothing but growth in the community, this is evidenced by the fact that almost all leaders and or hands attended this meeting and remained for over 2hrs discussin the above topics.

Should I realise that something discussed hasn't been summarised above, I will come back out here to update you all and apologise for missing it, until then please feel free to add any comments you may have.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $225,000 Tip

ok

Report Post Tip

I have to say it sure is refreshing to see those higher ups keeping the community informed.

Report Post Tip

Quite a varied discussion and I'm glad to see some decisions having been made. I look forward to seeing how things develop from here.

Questions should be asked about why someone thought it was worth wasting the attendees' time talking about irrelevant shit like bloodlining and funeral disrespect though.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Is it time wasting LuciusSweet? I mean we have seen it coming to light pretty recently. I think there are things that need to be covered just so it can be properly looked at.

I am sure it didn't take too long to go over those two points. At least I reckon it wouldn't if you thought it was such a time waster. Should be a breeze right?

Report Post Tip

LuciusSweet  are you trying to be confrontational, or condescending? It certainly came across that way to me, I do apology if my first impression is mistaken. 

Seems to me that discussing the small matters and getting them out  of the way ,so everyone is on the same page with the  subject will make dealing with more important matters much less stressful and therefore easier to deal with. 

Much like sweeping the cobwebs from the ceiling before sweeping the floor, doing it the other way is counter productive. 

Report Post Tip

HI MOMMY

HighPitchEric waves and smiles at DinelasSthero.  He is wearing a pin-stripe blazer and women's panties, not as a fashion statement, but because he lost a bet.

I THINK WHAT LUCIUSSWEET IS OBVIOUSLY SAYING IS THAT FUNERAL DISRESPECT IS SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN TOLERATED, SO TO TAKE TIME DISCUSSING WHETHER OR NOT IT SHOULD BE ACCEPTED WOULD SEEM SILLY, AS I DOUBT ANYBODY IS STANDING FIRM TO THEIR BELIEF THAT FUNERAL DISRESPECT IS OK.  MOST WOULD ASSUME EVERYONE WAS ON THE SAME PAGE ALREADY WHEN IT COMES TO THAT. 

HighPitchEric places his hands on his kness, winded.  He would continue with his point but he is out of breath

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Simply look at all the orbits , too many have been taken from this world  for simply being being disrespectful at a funeral.

So I ask was it universally accepted that is was a no-no? If it was then these deaths would not have been necessary.

I suppose some of us need to be reminded of our manners. It is partly the upper structures job ( much like parents) to remind us what proper behavior is . Especially if it is apparently starting to become an epidemic.

On a side note HighPitchEric , you should let LuciusSweet speak for himself, and not give me your interpretation of what he said.

Report Post Tip

I'M AFRAID I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR WHAT POINT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE, BUT IF I DECIDE I WANT TO OFFER MY INTERPRETATION OF WHAT OUR FINE ASSOCIATE LUCIUSSWEET SAID IN A PUBLIC FORUM, I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.  OR PERHAPS YOU ARE THE ONE BEING CONFRONTATIONAL.

HighPitchEric turns to Don Slash. He wipes the sweat from his mouth with his hand before speaking.

THANK YOU FOR PASSING THIS INFO ALONG TO US DADDY.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

First : I am never confrontational. No offense was intended dearheart.

Second : I am not the one yelling at a lady. 

Report Post Tip

Striphe nods his head while reviewing the list given by Don Slash

Thanks for the update...even if some kids want to be big and bad & try to create troubles or argue every point under the sun even when its not needed.

With all of the recent changes it was good to see everyone meet up in one spot to discuess our criminal operations across the nation.

Grabs some candy from a bag near him and starts to throw candy out at the children

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,001 Tip

WELL I'M NOT YELLING I JUST HAVE A REALLY HIGH VOICE.  I AS BORN WITH IT.  BUT I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY AND WISH YOU A GOOD DAY MA'AM

HighPitchEric reaches into his sweatpants and pulls out an ice cream cone he had been saving for later.  He holds it out to DinelasSthero as a peace offering (to share, not to keep for herself).

Report Post Tip

BCP tips his hat to Slash for informing the masses of the delgations that took place.

This is very good indeed if I am asked. I wasn't, but its still refreshing to see anyways. Keeps everyone informed and knows what was discussed in these meeting not all werre allowed to attend. So thank you Slash.

BCP looks around and wonder whats irrevelant about any of the topics that were brought up.

Personally I will say, I think all were valid topics. Some major, some minor. Just always a good thing when its brough out what transpired so people know. Whats trash to you, may be someone elses gold. So "irrevelant", I wouldn;t say that. I think it showed a good amount of major vs minorr but brought aspect up that many wondered on. SO again, I say thank you.

Report Post Tip

Impressed as she was by the speech, Risq was far busier quietly picking pockets when she was distracted by the more interesting audience reactions. 

Some of them had good points, some of them made no sense to her - what the heck was bloodlining - but she was most interested in HighPitchEric's sweatpants. How did he fit an ice cream cone in there... she wondered, followed up with the more important question, was it worth pickpocketing the sweatpants of a fellow wearing a pin-stripe blazer?

Either way, she was definitely keeping all the candy strewn about by the good StripheGotti, and would show great respect to the dead from henceforth on (she hoped that graverobbing didn't count). 

Report Post Tip

"What do we have here." Mavrik read's the notes from the meeting with much anticipation.

I am glad that the meeting took place and we now have some direction. Now, everyone won't agree on everything and there will be much debate in the future as there should be but the most important thing is we now have answers to some questions. Everyone can begin to move forward with improving our cities and our families.

Thank you for the update.

Report Post Tip

Slash good job keeping the meeting flowing and running smoothly. I think we were able to get a lot accomplished due to that. 

BrotherHec coughs because he is sick.

I think one thing that we need to do is just applaud the former Pillars. Whatever side you were on does not really matter at this current point. They took a chance in creating "Free Cities" and in these free cities we seen people take chances and flourish and honestly im not sure if this world has ever seen something quite like that. I am so impressed with how these cities worked together to achieve a common goal. The amount of inner city wars was far less than i had expected and the way so many had looked to improve their standing was wonderful. Hats off to all the former Free City people and the Late Roboakheart and ChristianGato and of course Nakamura! 

I believe the leaders of what was the former free cities have done just an incredible job and i for one am honored to be working with these people to better our time spent in organized crime. They have proven their ambition. They have proven their hard work. They have proven their loyalty to their cities and the hope of a better future. With that in mind i believe there descendants will benefit from that. I believe their crew members too will inherit good things from that as well. 

Another Cough. Perfectly timed as it helped brotherHec change the topics as needed.

Risq you had asked what blood-lining was and to be frank, its a sadistic course of action to keep ones descendants from progressing in this life. For example. If i hated or just feared you i would shoot you. Then your daughter. Then your daughters daughter. So the story would go. Its not fair but i understand why people do it. I dont believe a single leader in our current leadership committee supports that move and it is definitely frowned upon by the masses of us. 

The final cough.

I think its good to cover every base. I think communication and an understanding of every way and part of life is essential towards mutual progress. If i believe one thing and another believes the opposite and our paths collide, it will only end in one of two ways most often. So to speak about topics that seem rather simple and agreed upon, like that of blood-lining and funeral disrespect, it is most important that we are on the same page. 

BrotherHec carefully walks around the gathered and hopes to listen to more individuals. 

Report Post Tip

While I can see closing cities to be a power move, I must say its kind of the opposite direction the country was moving towards. I mean half of the country was once allowed to work independently with no interference. Its a shame that common practice has ended when it worked so well in the not so distant past. Along with that, it really seems we're taking a step back once again in the growth of the community. I really hope this world doesn't just turn into another history lesson plagued with oppression, cliques, and paranoia. 

On a positive note, I applaud the leaders of sitting down and coming to agreement on these appointments. And I cannot wait for the passing of the baton competition. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Hey, if you guys think it is a good use of your time to say bloodlining is wrong and funeral disrespect isn't allowed, then have at it. Personally, I would have found such a discussion rather tedious, because as was evidently the case, the position is abundantly clear and a few isolated instances do not outweigh a lifetime of thinking.

I also have no need to be condesending, confrontatiomal or anything of that nature, because to reiterate what I already said before, I am looking forward to seeing how things develop from here. Hardly the attitude of a firebrand, is it? 

Report Post Tip

Disorder listens to Slash's speech.

"Well said Slash. Succinct, clear and on point. Good work, man."

He then makes a dash toward Risq in a desperate effort to stop her going anywhere near Eric's jog pants. Too many good people had been lost making similar mistakes in the past. 

Report Post Tip

BCP listens and then tips his hat back in accordance and lits a smoke. He hadn't smoked in awhile and was feeling the loss.

Well Lucius, tedious I wouldn't say. Some things were brought forth from the people that form out society and a leader brought them forth to address issues some ppl do feel strongly about. If you feel that a city's members views are tedious I guess that is on you. Personally I would like to see the curent leadership considerr all things that "matter".

When it entails to the masses. But that is just me.

So tedious, not really if it concerns some people its not really tedious  is it?

BCp tips his cap and leans back on the post he was holding up.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Message to the community
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL