Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 19:07:36
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Fall of the Fort Started by: Deimne on Apr 21, '10 14:43

So, time for the story ehhh?

I'll keep this one short and sweet, well, as short and as sweet as a long winded heartless bastard like myself possibly can. So it'll neither be short nor sweet to be honest.

As you've all noticed, the city of LA was removed from this thing of ours last night. Was LA a poor city? No. Did it have a poor Godfather or leaders? No. Did I want to have them removed or get any personal joy from doing it? No.

Did someone choose to kill one of my made men in cold blood, fail to come forward about it, fail to address the mail I sent looking for information about it, fail to show me and my city any respect whatsoever and force my hand? Yes.

When someone kills one of mine, you can be damn sure I won't take it lightly. New York is the city it is because of the work each and every member is willing to do to protect those that stand shoulder to shoulder with them. When someone kills a New York associate, I will go out of my way to find out the details and ensure it is suitably punished. When the person killed is a New York button man, you can be damn sure I'll go out of my way to find out what happened and ensure it is suitably punished.

Yesterday evening, just such an event transpired. Blair_Waldorf, a made member from SpaceMountains family, was killed in cold blood. The reasons, excuses or justifications for this shot have never been raised. It was possibly a random wack, a shits and giggles shot, a careless case of mistaken identity with so many of Durdens family walking our streets at the time, or a dozen other possible reasons... of which I have no wish to know. The fact was that they were killed, with no permission from either her CL or myself, and we were less than happy.

Immediatly after the death, we went on the hunt for the killer. All leaders in this thing of ours received a mail from me asking for the information on the shot. I had hoped that they would be willing to let me know if it had been one of their members that had shot, it hadn't even crossed my mind at the time that it might have been one of the people reading my mail that had carried out the kill.

Luckily, the information I needed came through. A witness stepped forward, proving beyond doubt that the killer of Blair was none other than FlyingPig. The right hand man to godfather DirtyLittleSekrit. A man, given her absense at the time, that was acting godfather of LA. The shock of him ignoring the mail sent, being willing to put his city at risk to cover his own back, to not step forward knowing the way that I have always and will always protect my members... to say I was shocked is a huge understatment. Leadership is a responsibility that comes with requirements. Being the leader of a city, especially being the acting godfather at the time, comes with HUGE responsibility. To make a mistake in this position, reason enough for war. To make a mistake and hope it is simply swept under the carpet or doesn't get found out. To go on to ignore my mails and disrespect me and my city. It did, it would, it always will have only one reaction.

The matter was further compounded when the true godfather of LA appeared. Again, no response to my mail. No acceptance that they had knowledge of who the killer was. No apology for it, no steps to rectify things, no word to me at all. After two hours of being ignored and having the highest ranking member of a city happy to sit on the fact that they had killed one of my mades, well, the results of this should have been obvious and shouldn't come as any surprise to the kin of the fallen LA members or to the world as a whole. When a godfathers right hand man kills a made from another city, it's reason enough for war. When they choose to then ignore mails looking for information on it, you're just begging for trouble.

I'm a patient man. I expect high standards, but understand that mistakes can and will be made. When one of those mistakes is for someone given that level of responsibility to ignore my mail, to kill one of my guys and leave me scrambling for the information, when they give me nothing but the impression that they hope to get with away with such an act... that's something I will never accept.

I lost many great friends last night, not least of which was Godfather DirtyLittleSekrit. Do I have any regrets that this had to happen? Of course. I wish that things had been handled properly and it never had to come to this. Do I regret what I've done given the way it was handled? Not for one damn second. If someone is willing to kill one of my mades, ignore my mail and say not one word to me about it... while holding the rank of acting godfather of a city... you best be sure that I'm willing to bring that entire city to its knees!

For all of the friends and loved ones lost in the war, may you rest in peace. For the people hearing these words... don't kill my members, don't ignore my mails and don't be surprised that if you do either of those (nevermind both) that I'll come and sort it out, regardless of how much blood needs to be spilt to do it.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Deimne, You have shown great respect and loyalty towards New York for a long time now and I am proud to have you as my Godfather. Blair was a great friend of mine 'God Rest His Soul' and I miss him lots. I shall do my best to help his son and after listenening to what you have to say it makes me happy to know what happened.

It is a great shame about Los Angeles and Godfather DLS. Taking down a city that you had a great relationship with their Godfather is always a tough thing. And I can't bare to think what you were going through when you pulled that trigger. However you knew it was the right thing to do.

Diablos pauses and takes his hat off and nods his head to Demine

I am proud to call you my Godfather and thank you for clearing up all of this. May everyone that died in this takedown Rest Well.

Diablos looks down and the floor and closes his eyes for a minute

Report Post Tip

No reason? Ehhh, pretty clear and obvious reason if you ask me.

As for explanation and waring before death, my bad. I'll be sure to give people a heads up before we start next time.

"Dear people, I shall be coming to war you at 14:00 tomorrow. Please have your pro shots arranged in advance and if you fancy me delaying the start slightly, just let me know."

Report Post Tip

I am sorry, what?

Get wacked for no reason! WTF....

No reason?!?! When you made the move to LA you were then under Godfather DirtyLittleSecret, when the RHM of your Godfather does something like this, it effects your whole city, he is theoretically in command when your Godfather is away. Deimne was just protecting his city, if anyone shoots one of the members of New York, Deimne will ask for an explanation, he waited for two hours, both the RHM and the godfather ignored him, who knows, they may have been planning to take another member out. Even though you yourself may not have done anything wrong, your city did, and if you are in that city, it involves you.

Report Post Tip

Carbon, by your logic, where was Blair_Waldorf's advance notice/explanation prior to FlyingPig killing him?

Imbecile.

Report Post Tip

No reason? You find Godfather Deimne's explanation hard to believe? You must not understand how matters are handled in this thing of ours. I can't recall any time where an explanation for war was given before it was over.  No respect? I think it is the other way around, not only from you but from those who ignored Deimne's mails. I can understand that you're frustrated but I digress. See you in the Obits, Carbon!!

Report Post Tip

I must agree with the previous statements. The fact that you stated you regretted going with DLS makes me sick to my stomach. I got quite a few messages via mail, and quite a few private chats in the coffee shops last night saying things such as "Aren't you glad you got out in time?" and "Wow, escaped that one in the nick of time." etc etc. Those also made my stomach churn. Had I still been in LA, I would've died with my head held high serving DLS, not whimpering about things being "unfair." It's the fucking mafia. Get used to it, pal.

Report Post Tip

Bruiser stops his craps game over in the alley and walks out to address the crowd.

My good people,,,,  ONCE AGAIN Godfather Deimne has shown incredible generosity coming to the streets and givings us an explanation to last nights events and his patience in dealing with said events.  More than most of us could say had we been in his shoes.  No one has the right to come out and question his actions if you listened to his speech.  He had irrefutable evidence that the Right Hand to a Godfather had killed his made guy.  Once dialog was ignored Godfather Deimne had no choice in my eyes.  The absence of a response could have easily been viewed as further possible aggression.  What was he to do, wait to see if they were plotting more deaths?   NO!  You do what every member of your city expects you to do, protect them!

Now, on the flip side had this been mistaken identity?  Say, Blairs name is close to a NPC name then FlyingPig would have been better off to say, hey, I fucked up.  I thought she/he was part of Tylers gang!  Sure maybe FlyingPig might have had to pay the ultimate price but at least the city would have survived.  I have known CLs to show mercy with honesty.  Anyways, that's just my view point on the matter.  I got shit I gotta get back to.

*Bows head*  Godfather Deimne once again thank you for your time in coming out to these streets and providing us with some information.

Bruiser turns and shakes a few hands and motions a few more back towards the alley for what is shaping up to be a great game of dice.

Report Post Tip

Apparently some people simply don't grasp how things work in this wold. Godfather Deimne doesn't owe any of us and explanation. He gives us these statements so we can be informed and in the hopes that we can learn from the mistakes of others. Anyone who can still question the validity of last nights actions is simply too stupid to live and not long for this world.

Report Post Tip

why is it so hard for some people to grasp concepts like loyalty, hierarchy and *organized* crime? How can some people say "My father was killed in his sleep and he had nothing to do with that"?

How can people expect to just be spared after swearing an oath to people who I believe there is no shadow of a doubt that needed to be taken down?

If the rumors are true and DLS knew that FP had taken the shot, why did she trust that NY didn't have the same info and were ANXIOUSLY waiting for a response/explanation? If she had played it safe thinking that NY might have heard of the killer's identity, then she should have taken the shot, THEN taken the time to write the letters or speeches she wanted to.

Also, who could guarantee that FP didn't already know that NY knew and was actually planning an attack since he didn't want to go down peacefully. Yeah, probably unlikely, but do you really expect NY to be taking chances at this stage?

Report Post Tip

I have listened to the stories that have gone about as to why New York had to take the action they did. While I have no actually proof having previously been a member of Deimne's family and knowing how he cares for New York I don't doubt that any of this is true.

Also knowing of FlyingPig and his reputation I can safely say that had the shoe been on the other foot he would have acted as Godfather Deimne did in this situation.

It's sad really, for had this been a mistake I don't see any reason why FlyingPig wouldn't hold his hands up, after being contacted by Godfather Deimne concerning the matter he was obviously given the opportunity to explain himself and save the lives of LA that were lost over this matter.

It is a shame that so many lost their lives over one persons actions. Being the RHM to a Godfather does not just entitle you to more respect but it also gives you more responsibility.

Report Post Tip

Actually, Flying Pig would have held his hand up and taken one for the team, had it appeared necessary to do so.

Flying Pig fucked up. He got a member of Space Mountain's family confused with a member of Tyler Durden's family. A rare mistake, but not so surprising considering he had been on the hunt for twelve hours straight and was beginning to see crosseyed. The only communication from Deimne regarding the matter was a mass mail sent to all crew leaders asking for a witness statement for the death of Blair. There was no attempt to ask for an explanation, as it seems is being suggested here. For someone expressing so much regret at having to take action, it is odd that he made no attempt to avoid conflict when he could have done so easily by initiating the discussion himself. Gonna have to call shenanigans on that one. I'm not saying Deimne should have or was obligated to make first contact, but it seems to be implied here that this is what happened, when it did not.

Flying Pig pondered his options. Deimne would not have sent out the mail asking for a witness statement if he knew who took the shot. There was no other mail sent to FP or to DLS regarding the incident. Thinking that the witness statement must have been lost, FP kept tight-lipped about the whole thing. After all, why should he stick his neck in to the noose if it was not necessary? Would anyone else admit their mistake if they thought they had gotten away with it? I doubt it.

Had Deimne confronted FP about the shot, FP would have confessed and accepted the consequences. I'm not trying to justify FP's actions, as he was 100% in the wrong, but I want an honest account of what happened if any account is being offered at all.  To say that FP or DLS simply ignored an attempt at communication is disingenuous, at best. Let's just be honest about what communication there was. One mass mail asking for a witness statement. That's all. And if someone is asking for a WS, that suggests they do not know who the killer was. It is a bit unrealistic to expect a murderer to suddenly develop a guilty conscience and voluntarily confess before there is any indication that the crime was witnessed.

Report Post Tip

Had it appeared necessary? It was 100% necessary and I'm sure he was fully aware of this fact. Given his position within LA, his choice to hope the act wouldn't be found out was selfish and naive at best. Putting himself above his godfather and his city was an horrif call that resulted in the loss of many great people.

There was no attempt to ask for an explanation, as it seems is being suggested here. For someone expressing so much regret at having to take action, it is odd that he made no attempt to avoid conflict when he could have done so easily by initiating the discussion himself. Gonna have to call shenanigans on that one. I'm not saying Deimne should have or was obligated to make first contact, but it seems to be implied here that this is what happened, when it did not.

No such thing was ever implied or suggested by me. It isn't my place to come out and tell someone when they've been caught red handed. The mail was sent, FlyingPig was given more than ample time to step forward and admit to the mistake. He made the conscious and mistaken call not to do so. I'd love to know where I gave the suggestion otherwise. I choose my words carefully, especially when in relation to such an important act. 

Those who know me know I'm notoriously tight lipped. Information is on a need to know basis. My years as a poker player have left me with a natural tendancy to keep my cards close to my chest. The idea that I would point out that the hand had been caught in the cookie jar is absurd. I gave the opportunity to FlyingPig to fold, he made the call to go all in and ignore my mail.... I called his bluff. Simple as.

I have given nothing but an honest account of what happened. To say that FP or DLS ignored an attempt at admitting to the mistake made is 100% what happened. It is not the least bit unrealistic to expect such a high ranking member to die by the sword following such a careless mistake, if they have the best interests of their city at heart. Choosing to take the route of self preservation simply forced my hand and condemned an entire city to pay the price for one mans mistake.

Report Post Tip

Once again Diemne the man I look up to for stand up speeches and explanations.Even if they are not needed.I am sure any GodFather would have done the same.And for all of those that are basically are calling him a lier.Why?Why would he lie or plan this.DLS was an auth by him and I am sure Diemne was happy the way She had risen.His investment had proven itself for sure.But not to act on such a unjustifiable act mistake or not shows you do not care about your family or city.And as Diemne has many times proven so he would put himself on the line for the great city of New York.And Mystery that is loyalty.Whoever made those comments to you is a coward and dispicable.What jump the ship?save your ass?The nerve this is why you got the auth Mystery Loyalty and integerity.*Tips his hat to Mystery*

Report Post Tip

I find it interesting, sancho, that you would say that you're not trying to justify FP's actions all the while trying to lay the blame on Godfather Deimne. And make no mistake that is exactly what you are doing when you suggest that Godfather Deimne should have gone to LA with the findings of his investigation. I can only assume that FP's desire to have this happen was to get a head start on preparing for war. Why else would someone hope the head of a city who was wronged to tip his hand like that?

FlyingPig had his chance to step up and admit his mistake and preserve his city by taking responsibility. He chose, instead, to try to save his own ass and hope it went away. His status demanded that he would know better to that. To say that he didn't is nothing short of a condemnation of DirtyLittleSekrit's judgment to make him RHM. It's unfortunate that an entire city had to die for the ego of one man who made a mistake in shooting the Made Man of another city and refused to own up to it but, make no mistake, that is exactly what happened and there is no one to blame but that one man.

Report Post Tip

"FP kept tight-lipped about the whole thing. After all, why should he stick his neck in to the noose if it was not necessary? Would anyone else admit their mistake if they thought they had gotten away with it? I doubt it."

I guess the old saying of loose lips sink ships should also be changed to tight lips sink cities.

To say that it would be in the best interest to not let anyone know what happen on a simple mistake is insane, to bet on no one find out is crazier, if your in a postion of power and make a mistake you own up to it, and hope for the best but better expect the worse. A lot of people lost their lives over a mistake, when it could have only been one.

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat listens to all that have been spoken today...

Godfather Deimne, huh... i dont intend to speak here as much as my father did in the past. I am a different man than he was, but i can assure you. If he was in your shoes... he would've done the same thing. When a person carrying such a high position... a mistake like this, can never happen. The fact that he tried to hide it is even worse. It is a shame that my father died this way, but like the saying goes... things happen! The turn of events made his death... his own faith. Rest in peace all the people that died in this war. I am sure my father would be deeply sorry it had to come to this. I will be walking these streets, but only with my open ears. I use my father names in his honor... but i am my own man. To all, have a very good day!

Report Post Tip

Heaven forbid that we mafiosi are allowed lives outside of this thing of ours, that DLS was in the middle of replying to your message when her son fell and hurt himself is seemingly irrelevant to you. DLS had served you faithfully from day one, first under Will, then in New York taking up after Will fell, and even after our move to LA she was running a fundraising drive to celebrate your 1 yr birthday with Jail Breaks, a Tyler if we could swing it, and God knows what else... all for naught, it seems. The slightest provocation and you're all too ready to go and wipe out an entire city. 

Bravo, Diemne. Bravo.

I thought you were different, I thought you were a "top dog" not likely to succumb to the paranoia and bullshit that others have in the past. Seems I was wrong.

Yes, FP should have dealt with this, of course he fucking should, but to those trying to make out like it was anything other than a 1-off mistake, clearly you don't know the man. Some retard earlier tried to imply that LA as a whole were behind it, and that one random Made Man was the start of our attack. Really? Asshat.

Shit happens, none of us are perfect. FP would have died for his mistake, and he'd have taken it like a man when he did, but no, instead you dismiss months of loyalty and friendship of DLS as irrelevant. You assume the worst and at the slightest drop of a hat end the lives of as many people as you can.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed.

Report Post Tip

FP would have died for his mistake, and he'd have taken it like a man when he did

I'm pretty sure that the moment he decided not to own up to his mistake he lost the privilege of being able to 'take it like a man'. I couldn't possibly comment on your months of loyalty, but the fact that FP shot a New York made man and didn't own up to it he showed *exactly* where his loyalties were (to himself, in case you didn't get that).

Friendship? This is the fucking mafia - there are no friends, there is only family.

Nice attempt at guilt-tripping by the way.

Report Post Tip

I don't usually respond to these sorts of justification threads because it ultimately won't change a whole lot. Right, wrong, upside down, whatever, Los Angeles is still mobless and DirtyLittleSekrit and families are still dead. With that said, my schedule is fairly light, so here goes.

People are condemning FlyingPig's decision to remain quiet over killing a Made Man from my family as an act of stupidity and selfishness, which isn't quite the truth. In years gone by we haven't had a supreme power like Deimne exercise the same level of control, as eluded to by WastedLife. In fact, we've had people butcher entire families over the loss of no name Gangsters in the past, something that FlyingPig would doubtlessly have been aware of.

We've heard much discussion of the responsibilities that come with being the RHM of a Godfather and we've often seen punishment meted out to those who appoint the RHM in the first place, not just by us but also by Gods. Would FlyingPig's confession and admission preserved the city?

I find nothing truly surprising in anything that transpired. Mistakes happen, actions have consequences. FlyingPig made a mistake by choosing to ride his luck in the witness not coming forward. Unfortunately for him they did and his decision to remain silent was ultimately the wrong one. Had that witness not come forward it seems unlikely Los Angeles would lack a Godfather and he would have been vindicated. Small things like that shape our world. Those on the outside (and probably the reason why few first time leaders amount to much) would likely be surprised how often calls like this have to be made. The best leaders get these decisions right.

Nobody other than Deimne can categorically say that even had FlyingPig come forward with the explanation 'look it was mistaken identity I accept the consequences' that for the majority of the reasons already stated, the outcome would not have been different. He still killed a Made Man from New York, which intentionally or not is likely to be a death sentence. Would it have been directed only at the gunman or extended further?

We will never know. The bottom line is that New York prevailed. Yay for New York.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fall of the Fort
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL