Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 05:11:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The reassurances that a regime bring. Started by: Tellurium on Dec 14, '16 08:54

Listening to speeches with a great attention, until a young lady started to complain about her perpetual victim status in the society, WoonDa felt he had to drop his 50 cents philosophy on the topic.

Chaos brings regimes. And there is nothing that brings order into chaos better than a regime. Because chaos is not created by Mother Earth but us, the humans that dwell on its surface, and our ways to behave. If chaos wasn't created, there would be no need to bring order.

The most difficult task is to maintain order once you achieve it, and that's how those noble men and women at the top are judged by the society. Not only by the means they do employ to achieve order. Or not only by the respective relations they have one with another. After all, we are all humans, and it's in our nature to sin. We weren't chased out of Eden for no reason, after all. What makes the difference in living a few days or a few months in our food chain is the ability to understand how things work, and some do it better than others. Some others not, but I hope, if they don't learn on their own errors, they always learn something new.

No regime can survive if not listening to the needs of people they govern, and no people can thrive if not wishing to participate in the creation of a better world by sharing its concerns, be it in public or in private. But for sure, one thing is very clear: there are red lines not to cross. For both sides of power.

Report Post Tip

Daniella had already given her input into this conversation and was standing back to listen to a few others when a rather sour looking young lady stepped forward. She believe she'd heard someone call her by the name YolToorShul . The minute the woman opened her mouth Daniella knew what bloodline she had come from – after all, every one of them tended to sprout the same nonsense again and again, over generations of street speeches. Whining, complaining, and blathering on about some nonsense or another. Rarely did her kin every do anything even remotely productive for society but here she was, this new creature spewing the same garbage.

Daniella moved to speak up but so many people were already jumping in; it seemed the society that this woman was saying was so unfortunate right now seemed to be rallying against her. She tried to argue back, giving out some papers about a speech Don Slash had given. Clearly, in her twisted little mind, she honestly believed the shit that came out of her mouth. She watched as both Bobby and Oblivion stepped forward, speaking about the details surrounding the death of the woman’s mother. Finally, Daniella had a chance to speak up and when she did she measured her words carefully.

"Do you actually listen to yourself? No one has come to these streets and agreed with anything that you or your kin have said in quite some time. No one is here by your side agreeing that society is suffering, that the streets are dead, that people are scared to speak their minds. It’s only you and your ancestors, over and over and over again. Consigliere Oblivion said it better than I ever could, honestly. You and your line are nothing but negative, paranoid people. To think that someone would have nothing better to do with their time but to stalk your kin around different cities or districts just to waste a bullet on them? What’s the point? You and yours aren’t worth the time. You’re not rare, you’re not special, and you’re not right. The streets are fine; they’re active and buzzing with discussion. Get over yourself. If you’re so unhappy with this regime, shut up, build yourself up and take over. Oh wait, you can’t do that can you? You’d need friends to do that and your bloodline doesn’t have any left. You keep burning all your bridges. So how about you just go away instead?”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"I haven't been alive long enough to know anything other than the current state of things, and the authorities definitely aren't the ones pulling the strings. If we want something, we take it."

"Hoover has set up some task force to try and disrupt this way. We'll see what happens with that but otherwise we're currently the ones being in control. Prohibition was suppose to be their way of being in control and look what happened? The Alphas took the bull by the horns, and we're making our own way."

"If that's what you mean by other regimes then I say the people have already chosen which way they prefer and it happens each and every time they pay for some moonshine, or hit up an underground gambling den or one of the many joints operating out in the open in Vegas."

"The people will always look to a vice of some sort and as long as we cater to those vices and the authorities try to hamper them, we'll be the ones pulling the strings."

Report Post Tip

Just to be clear I spoke on this a topic to discuss not to promote a certain regime or even suggest there should be one now simply to hear people's views on it.

You could argue to be honest that the current way of this world is in itself a regime. I think regime - dictatorship - and power & control are all different things really and often all get caught up with the other however do not necessarily need to. I have been honest about my chats to Rob Oakheart - RIP - about using different words and a softer approach but essentially the Pillars were all 3 the same as Boom was just using different words and approach. A select few controlling a world and people's lives by any means is a dictatorship. Again I will be clear I am not here saying this is a bad thing I am taking note of differences and a 'new' world and the void that some feel in the absence of a clear single person / persons vocalised to all as being in control.

We all know in reality you can shout about who controls or not or it can be an understanding that those with half a brain can work out - power breads control it is inevitable and the way of this world.

I am not even going there regarding the crazy comments of bloodlining and freedom of speech...

I love the streets just now. I have known people come here simply to be controversial - it get's a little tiresome for me personally, this topic is simply to hear what people think about a new way of things after some pretty bold and transparent dictatorships in recent times...

Report Post Tip

There is only one Regime...

Brotherhec raises his fist 

The Regime! 

After listening to some of the valid contributions to Tell's discussion, Disorder tried not to get distracted by the persistent interjections of the vacuous, attention-seeking moron. He smiled appreciatively when Tellurium set the subject back on track.

"Its a fair discussion this alright. There are always differing characteristics with emerging systems of control. How leaders define each other, work together, how much consideration they give to the population or each other etc. Most groups taking the mantle of control, by force or circumstance, will try to project a given vision and do all they can to maintain it for as long as possible. We are seeing that quite clearly, in a positive sense with the current crop of leaders.

I think the main thing that changes the way ruling systems are viewed by the population, is time. As time wears on life happens, people die, districts and cities fall. As that continues the number of core leaders that set out with unified ideals, dwindles. This often causes a couple of things to happen. The old stick together against the tide of the new and are increasingly viewed no longer as idealists but as stubborn, isolated and unwilling to relinquish power, negotiate or change. The number of allies they have inevitably gives way to the number of dead they have created and the tide of popular opinion swings against them. Sooner or later they are overthrown and the public opinion is 'Tyrants defeated, new hope emerges!' And so it begins again.

Sometimes regimes are cut short for one reason or another and are reflected on as good or inspirational. This is almost always because they weren't afforded the time to become the thing they originally fought against. On a long enough time line, every leader becomes the point of public ire and the focus for all blame."

Noticing how long he'd been rambling, he tried to finish up.

"One such old and hardened bastard was once asked what it meant to win. He replied, 'Stay at the top long enough to be hated by everyone'. I think there may be some bitter truth in that."

Report Post Tip

Disorder I like your summary and also the focus on time as a precursor and also an ongoing requirement for change or regime or whatever you label it as.

I do think we are in interesting times - we are criminal world almost at the moment seeking a democracy in my view anyway. I see this as unlikely to remain the status quo just because of the nature of this world of ours.

I do believe the current regime is the life we lead and not much beyond that as yet - time and tide though and sometimes it is the words unsaid that hold the most weight...

Big and bold in terms of ruling the world seems to be sooooo last week or last month - this has got quiet and tactical I feel and I can appreciate that is unsettling for those not a part of those conversations.

Report Post Tip

Regimes, in their minds are stability and call else trolls.

And YolToorShul is spot on! 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The reassurances that a regime bring.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL