Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 09:30:10
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The reassurances that a regime bring. Started by: Tellurium on Dec 14, '16 08:54

teal heels and astonishing bright red lipstick was the call for today....she flicked her cigarette stub ahead of her as she walked and took her time in using her shoe to extinguish it....and then clapped her hands loudly to draw passers by...

I had a dream...a dream in which I was lucky enough to have children...in this dream as they grew I showed them love and as part of that love to ensure they became the best adults they could be I set clear rules and boundaries, I saw my children relaxed because they understood them and knew that all was safe and well and happy if they played and ate and conducted themselves as expected and I continued to show them love. They flourished and held respect and knew what the consequences were for maybe a tantrum in public as an example. Really I created a controlled environment but they liked it - they got it - in many ways it prevented them from having the right to fuck up - they knew I set the rules and they wanted to show me that they would follow them.

looks around and sees several staring at her tummy for signs she is knocked up...and thinks she should of worn an even lower cut top to keep the eyes where she liked them most...

Anyway this got me to thinking. We have had several regimes in our near past here Boom - The Pillars most recently...and when these men fell - RIP - we saw demands for knowledge and to identify the new way of things. In a strange way people took comfort from a clearly defined regime - much like the children in my dream, you can defy a regime and get a name for yourself as a rebel or you can cuddle it as a comfort blanket too. We heard many in mild panic with the absence of an emerging new regime and I do feel the more levelled and open way this world is evolving in the absence of a strong and well documented regime leaves some unsettled.

Is not the way we choose to live our lives as criminals regime enough? Why do some have to have a need for a dictatorship for a cuddle blanket? Why is change so difficult to embrace?

My opinion for what it is worth is to use my dream as a scenario - this world is hugely different in terms of landscape in the absence of a 'regime' running the world and I feel we are in a period of transition, like a teenager with spots and too many hormones and not really quite sure how to direct all that energy. Transitioning brings uncertainty - why do we fear it? This is an uncertain world and often uncertainty will bring organically reassurance as people discuss, debate and metaphorically cuddle up and hold hands whilst the uncertainty waves rolls her way through..I am liking being a part of this 'new' world!

Why do we need a regime for a cuddle blanket?

Report Post Tip
Since time began in the criminal world we live in, there has always been someone to hate.

Or at times, at least someone to aspire to be like. Not everyone will hate the dictator, some will simply want to be them. But to be one, you must kill the one in place. As my good friend Kurgan knows all too well: There can only be one!

There have been many times in history where the world has been governed in the same manner it is now, the only difference is the lack of a label. I find the current environment refreshing really, each city getting involved and helping to shape the way in which we move forward.

Some however may see the lack of a dictator as a sort of power vacuum that needs to be filled, there will come a time when someone gets bored of the status quo and looks to fill that space.

Until then I say we enjoy things as they are and continue to work towards the future.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

People don't want regimes for a cuddle blanket. People want stability. Regimes and stability go hand in hand so it can appear that people desire regimes, but generally speaking they actually just enjoy the stability.

Report Post Tip

I would have to agree with the two men that spoke before me. I don't believe that describing it as the need for "cuddle blanket" is really the best way to look at things, at least not for the majority. Most people, of course not all, thrive off of stability and structure and when a tyrant is in control that structure is in place. It's clear who is making the decisions, who is leading the pack so to say. 

It also, as Don Slash stated, gives people a singular person to hate, to rage against, to plan against. If someone kills your family or friends, you know who it is that made that final decision. You have a singular person to be angry at rather then a whole city or some combination of crews across different cities. 

This may not be the first time our world has been governed in this way, but it is the first time in a long time and it will take some getting used too. For some change is difficult and they may need more time then others. 

Report Post Tip
The interesting thing about a "regime" as you put it, in my eyes at least, is that they often lead to quite the opposite of a cuddle blanket!

Typically, in the interests of self preservation, they go through a regular cycle of takedowns whenever the regime considers a new city or group to have reached a level of capability that makes them a direct threat to their own power base. Eventually they bite off more than they can chew and an entire generation of mafioso are wiped out. We enter a state of rebuilding.

I am therefore like Slash am also refreshed to see a broad spread of vocal leaders all giving their own inputs. Time will tell how long we sustain this for, but the early signs look good.
Report Post Tip
I believe whether you want to call this a regime or not that is what it will be called in the future. Maybe to you there is no clear cut head of it but that wont mean it wont be called the same once all pass away if its not already.
Report Post Tip

Groups will look for leaders to follow. The many look at the few to lead them and trust in their abilities to keep them alive and making a living.
When the leaders are plenty, then elevation to the next tier would allow those leaders to in sense, follow the lead of the one they feel is the most capable. 

It takes the true Alpha to take that bull by the horns. 

Report Post Tip

Growth is what most want. Stability is the vehicle which most overtly offers it to us. The problem is that, frequently, stability turns into stagnancy when growth can only occur through violence. Cities should not stay empty for long. Moving crews or authing new ones into empty cities allow for a section of this world be at every stage of growth at all times. Some at the top, some in the middle, and some at the beginning.

When there's room, expand. When there isn't, recruit and grow. When you can't grow, make room to expand. That's the cycle this world should follow for every city independently. It's only when multiple cities coagulate in this cycle that regimes form and stability turns to stagnancy.

Report Post Tip

I would have to agree that the current state of affairs is refreshing, it is great to see so many cities and crewleaders working together for the common good, we have heard time and time again how people want to see change and and how they have grown tired of tyranical rule, so it's nice to see people actually working together to bring about much needed change and whilst things will not drastically change overnight I think we are on the right track.

As for anyone needing a cuddle blanket you are in the wrong place pal, although I have heard Artus gives good cuddles just a wee rumour though so approach with extreme caution unless you aren't afraid of getting a little wet.

Report Post Tip

I am sorry, you believe this to be for the good of the community? What we currently have? I suppose its good for you and the other leaders but I would not say as a whole community its good.

Report Post Tip

How is the growth we are currently seeing disadvantageous to the community as a whole, YolToorShul

Report Post Tip
How is it not good for the community? We are coming off a time period of regime after regime that would hold bloodlines back because of paranoia and kill people when they became too experienced with their gun. We also seen many deaths brought on solely by what someone said in the streets or even in private to someone else that was in no way a threat to anyone. We aren't really seeing any of this now, so please provide some examples of what you speak of. Your kin is fantastic with their negativity and complaints, but when asked to provide concrete evidence they always change the topic or disappear. Funny how that is. I think your problem is more internal with yourself then anything else. You expect to fail and you let the blame fall anywhere except for to your own feet.
Report Post Tip

Don't feed the troll guys, it's what it wants.

When a "bloodline" continually makes the same mistakes, it will continue to receive the same punishments. We've been over this -- time for you to catch on.

When is the last time you saw the cities as populated as they are currently? Just curious.

Also, many of the actions from those CL meetings have been either implemented or are works in progress (and some of them are in the hands of the Gods, not the bosses..) I would imagine you would be more privy to this, however, if you did more than sit and bitch.
Report Post Tip

Gasp.

Organized crime is benefiting only the few at the top? Who would have though social justice wouldn't permeate a society where justice wouldn't tread?

Report Post Tip

"I see the growth that allows everyone freely in these streets. I remember your mothers speech, claiming the streets were dead yet it's blooming, were you too dropped on your head as a child? Coming out here stating your mother died for a street speech, yet I bet you haven't even spoken to the killer to find out what the real reason was. Have you? Didn't think so.

What funeral posts do you speak of? Do you mean a lamppost? I am confused.

I was there when Slash made his speech, and I am still here now. Only those that have crossed the line have been met with a bullet."

Report Post Tip

What growth are you seeing? The fact that people shoot people for street speaking (according to funeral speeches, something entirely different in whispers to dying ears and last letters though). Or bloodlining.

Let's take a gander back to Slash's first speech after a crew leader meeting once the real people that helped the community died. Don't worry I will help you all out by handing out the flyer once again.

Gathering a bunch of papers next to her she began to distribute them.

If we look at what this reign/regime stated then, do we see them continuing on with this? Of course not. Take a good hard look at the actions, not just the words of the people at the top. You can clearly see a pattern. Well anyone who really takes a good look at it can.

So yes, I would say based on facts that you can find just about anywhere from funerals, to street speeches, to actions taken that our community is not for the whole but for a smaller group of individuals.

Report Post Tip
I will let you and everyone else know exactly why your mother died. Normally NO ONE would come out to the streets and spout off for all to hear about the killing that they have done, but I couldn't care less so here goes. I killed your mother, there have been few people that I have laid in their graves and breathed a sigh of relief but killing your mother gave me this. She brought on headache after headache to me and other leaders of our fine city and I'm sure other cities as well as soon as she was born. It had nothing to do with what you were saying in the streets. Your line continues to do the same things repeatedly, I'm starting to believe you are just a clone and always will be a clone and your line refuses to change. This is odd to me as very rarely are we identical to our parents, yes we might pick up some of their traits but you are always a replica of where you come from. So it is no surprise to anyone that you always meet the same fate. You are not the best at whatever you try, you are not the queen of the streets. You are a civilian that obviously does not understand the way our world works.

Cato quickly hands YolToorShul a bunch of papers she'll be needing.

Oblivion sighs as he makes his way out to the streets where a strikingly familiar lady is spewing strikingly familiar subjects.

Ghosts! Ghosts! Oh wait YolToorShul isn't a ghost? Got it! Just the same song and dance as her mother and grandmother. Much to what BobbyMunson stated, your mother, grandmother, whichever I lose track at the rate that your lineage likes to put a gun to their head, she was not killed due to a lack of street freedom. She was killed for being a tumor to the city of LA. A non easing wave of negativity with no end. If you have one individual infecting a city with negativity, do you cater to the one person, or excise the tumor? In my opinion, the answer is clear. I believe I speak for the vast majority of people when I say, shut it. Stop it. Grow up. The only one being childish is you. The only one saying the current leadership is holding people back, is you. The only one saying the streets are dead, is you. The only one bringing about a constant wave of negativity, is you. Are we seeing a pattern? 

To cover your argument;

RobOakheart is dead. Got it. 

RobOakheart was the greatest GFC of all time. Got it.

The streets are dead because people are too afraid to speak. Not true, but, got it. 

You, or your mother, or your grandmother, is being stalked and that's why they commited suicide or why you will whatever, got it.

Youre being bloodlined, committing suicide is totally bloodlining. Got it.

Anything else? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The reassurances that a regime bring.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL