Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:58:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Anselmo's Diner Started by: Anselmo on Apr 27, '10 20:08

Blair pushed her black curls away from her face and cleaned with a dirty cloth the table before a new customer sat on it. Her attention was on Anselmo's office waiting impatiently to see him again.

She served two dead toasts to a lady that looked too hungry and then heared the new customer calling her.

"Excuse me miss, could I bother you for a cup of coffee to start with and then, whatever wont's kill me for some food?"

His voice was like a whisper but she appreciated his kind behavior.

"Thank you"

Blair served him a cold cup of coffee-not her fault-without adding milk inside it for his good and ordered to Anselmo a grill stake with rice..

Report Post Tip

Lordian watches the young woman as she's placing his order, gives her a smile when she brings him the coffee and pretends to enjoy it while keeping his head down. Watching her every move for a good 5, maybe 10 minutes he makes his decision.

"Excuse me again miss, but would ya mind comin over here for a second?" He waits for her to walk over and is sure he's going to get a fist on a hip and an impatient stare, but he presses on nonetheless. He drops his voice to a whipser and beckons her closer, "You got a boyfriend in the back there with the boss missy? Because if not, he might like to know your keen on him, if you were keen on me like that, I'd sure want to know. Don't miss your opportunities when they knock."

With that last statement he stands and walks toward the office, leaving his coat and hat for the moment. He makes 3 quick raps on the door, and then slowly opens it to say something inaudible into the room. As he walks back to the bar both other gentlemen peer out of the room for a minute at the waitress and Lordian takes his seat.

"Well kiddo, what'd I tell ya? I did the knockin for ya, now you've got a choice, go talk to the guy, or stay here and talk to me," he says as he pulls out a silver pocket watch. "But make it quick cuz time's-a-tickin'."

Report Post Tip

Anselmo wakes from his nap to his watress Blair calling an order to him from the counter. Groggily he gets up, rubbing the cobwebs from his eyes (real cobwebs that is... it is a pretty unkept diner).

What the hell is all this noise out there? he thinks to himself as he looks out the door in the back to the seating area. It is the sound of something he is unaccustomed to and something he always dread to see.... customers

Awww, shit. he groans to himself. I hired that new waitress to help me out so I didnt have to do any work. She's doing a good job so far. TOO good a job. The customers all seem to like her and the place is filling up. Now I have to pretend to be interested in being a good host.

Anselmo looks at the faces in his once barren diner. An odd mixture of Friends and strangers. He walks over to his new waitress Blair and smiles a Hey Blair, how's things going? You're doing a fantastic job and I'm glad you're here to help. One steak and rice comin' up!

Anselmo dumps some soggy rice and a slab or grey meat loaf on a plate and hands it to Blair.

Here, just tell him it's steak. Anselmo whispers to Blair as he notices his Friend Leela sitting at the counter glaring at him impatiently. Anselmo approaches Leela and smiles

Hello Leela. Thank you for visiting my diner. Pretty nice place,eh? So about this date... I think it's long overdue. I'm going to take you out to eat. Where should we go? Lots of great places around to choose from. Hey I have a great idea... let's have our date here at Anselmo's Diner! It's a pretty classic joint don't you think?

Report Post Tip

After waiting way too long for such shitty service Anselmo finally wakes up to make some food. As he asks whether she'd like to have her date at this crumbball of a place she raises her eyebrow above her large eye, frowning. She twirls her purple hair, surveying the place again.  She sees Blair doing a decent job of trying to keep this place together even though it seems to want to fall apart. There are cobwebs everywhere, grease on the floor, and just junk no matter where you look. 

We can have our date here only if you promise to clean it up and make me something super special! 

Leela highly doubts this but wonders if Anselmo can actually come up with something creative enough that will suit her fancy. 

Report Post Tip

Anselmo laughs

Well of COURSE it will be special, and I'll make sure the place is clean too. But first, we should create some ambiance. I'm thinking the two of us sitting at a candlelit table eating the finest cuisine Anselmo's Diner has to offer. Unfortnuately, I don't have any candles handy but if we turn these cigarettes upside-down and stich them in this ashtray lit-end up, it will pretty much be the same thing.

Anselmo gazes around his diner. The floors are filthy and the conditions are poor. Unacceptable for a date with a lady as fine as Leela

I suppose this place could use some tidying up before our dinner, Leela. I'd like to be sure that everything is up to par for our date. You deserve nothing but the best and itis my intention that you will be surrounded by the cleanest of atmospheres. Perhaps you could give me a hand? I think I have an extra mop in the back. In the meantime, can I interest you in something to drink? A coffee perhaps?

Report Post Tip

Sure, I'll take a coffee. 

Leela takes a coffee from Anselmo, sips it and almost gags on its bitter flavor. She looks around for some milk and pours some in. She sips..still horrible.

And yes, I'll help you clean up A guy do a good job cleaning? Now that's a joke, of course he'll need my help, she thinks. Anselmo hands her a broom and dust clothe and they begin to clean the place up a bit. As she cleans the floor the tile actually begins to look nice, and the walls are not so dirty once the two inches of grime have been rubbed off. 

So cigarette candles, a semi-clean place, what else are you going to do for our date Anselmo? What are we going to eat? I hope it's good.

Report Post Tip

Blair rose up her one eyebrow without losing contact with stranger's eyes. She pushed back her hair and gave him a typical smile.

"Well sir what I will do or won't do with that man is obviously my concern not yours. Moreover I am here to serve you and not to keep you company"

Blair walked quickly to the bench that Anselmo placed the steak with the rice and then left the plate infront of Lordian.

"Bonne appetite"

On her way to the bar she winked at Leela who was talking with her boss.

Report Post Tip

Al wondered in to Anselmo's hungry as ever, the smell of grease was actually a pleasant one given the amount of booze Al consumed the night before. Life on the road wasn't always glamorous. Shotty motel's and greasy spoon's kept the wallet fat and the necessities in place.

"Morning, I would like 2 eggs over easy with bacon, sausage and hash browns please. Oh' and the hash browns browned." Al asked to the waiter..("Anything to drink", the man replied?) "Coffee, black."

Report Post Tip

I'll take care of Mr. Alfonse's coffee Blair, since I'm already making some more for Leela.

Noticing that he is out of coffee supplies, Anselmo takes out an old filter and dumps the old soggy coffee grounds into a cup of warm faucet water. He calls over to Blair in a low voice, hoping not to be heard by Alfonse or Leela

Hey Blair, we're out of coffee, so just stir this shit up real good and give them this. I'd do it myself but I gotta clean this place up a bit

Anselmo grabs a mop bucket from the back and dips the haggard mop into the murky mop water. He wheels it out to the seating area. Seeing what a chore this is going to be, and noticing poor Leela sweeping at the filth-ridden floor in vain, Anselmo comes up with an idea that will save both time and effort.

Move out of the way Leela I have an idea that will speed this up.

Anselmo dumps the mop bucket onto the floor. The murky water spreads quickly across the diner

I'm kind of tired and don't feel like mopping. I ifigure if we just dump some water on the floor that should do the trick. It will dry on its own eventually. So, what are you in the mood for to eat?

Anselmo awaits Leela's order, all the while still ignoring Falcon who has been sitting at the counter unattended and hungrey

Report Post Tip

Johnny walks in Anselmos neat diner, being his first time in Detroit he had decided to stop by his friend's business, as he saw Anselmo he waved him a Hi, then seeing him nod, he walked over to him, and started up a conversation, but before he could even begin, Anselmo had pushed him into a chair, and served him pancakes, eggs, and chicken with a black coffee to go with that, his mouthful of pancakes he said with a wild grin

You know how to treat a customer, I respect that!

Report Post Tip

Lordian places a c-note on the counter, pulls a notepad and pencil out of his jacket pocket and writes "I hope you two do well together, and wish you the best." and leaves it with the money. With that he stands, don's his hat and coat and quietly leaves.

Report Post Tip

From down the street a ways Mango can smell the warm grease in the air. It smells just like breakfeast which makes him mutter to himself:

"I could really go for a nice cup of black coffee right now, I don't have any business that needs to be done at the moment. And I could finish reading my paper I picked up."

He decides that it would be a great idea, so he turns up into Anselmo's diner, opens the door and steps inside. Right away he sees Anselmo bustling around doing a few different tasks at once. He sits down, and somoene comes to his service fairly quickly asking what he would like to have.

"Yes could I just have a coffee please, that would be all thank you."

The waitress walks off after she took Mangos order and he opens his paper up and begins to read it.

Report Post Tip

The fat man had returned to Detroit, with him came a massive attitude, and an even bigger hunger. Much had changed since his last visit to the run down, greasy, stinking lunchbox that Anselmo owned. Real, live, breathing customers where visiting his place, some even making second or third trips back. This left Falcon puzzled, had his long time friend actually learned how to cook?

There would be no shooting of rats this time, Falcon was on a mission of sorts. His beloved Right Hand Woman had recently been in a shoot out recently. Detroit was her place to come and relax. He couldnt understand why anyone would have chosen this run down joint, but here he was. Ready and willing to offer assistance, counciling, or a loaded weapon to her. Anything to make the situation easier.

He took a seat at the rear of the dinner, giving him a clear view of everyone who entered. Falcon wasnt a man that liked being suprised. As he waited, he put each of his revolvers on the seats next to him. Soon, Kate would arrive, and they would talk.

Report Post Tip

Kate always enjoyed her vacations.  She wasn't sure if it was because she could get away from the hard work of the police station, the dirty work of her Mafia life, or the juggling of the two.  Or maybe it was just the copious amounts of cocaine that went up her nose during her time off.  But today her Don had asked her to meet him somewhere in the city.  She didn't know many places that she could keep a low profile, and there was no way she was inviting that greaseball into her hotel room.  So she had suggested the diner across the street from the payphone next to her dealer's corner. 

And that meeting was today.  She had tried to cut back some on her drug intake, but the cocaine she'd sneaked earlier was still zinging through her nerves nicely.  She nearly skipped into the dingy diner, finding Falcon quickly (he took up almost an entire booth) and making her way to him.  She grinned happily as she pulled a chair up, slapping her hands on the table.

"Howdy, Falcky!  How was your trip? Good I hope! I've been having a great time just a great time.  What about you?"

Report Post Tip

As Kate rambled on quickly, he noticed the faint trace of white powder around her nose.

Kate, so glad you could make it. I figured we would have a much quieter place than this, but I'm happy for Anselmo.

While he spoke, he wiped at his nose, hoping she would get the hint. She didnt. Anyone who took a good clear look at her would recongize what had recently occured.

That incident in New York, have you gotten over it?

A few weeks ago, Kate and Felicity Rourke had gotten into a nasty mess with the Durden Gang. Kate's cover had been blown by a keen Consig with a great memory. She had busted him just a few weeks prior and he hadn't forgot his face. Things turned ugly rather fast and Kate killed the man. All hell broke loose quickly, he has arrived just in time to save the girls from a certain doom. Neither of them had thanked him. Typical Woman.

Clearly, Kate was off in space. Falcon waived at the nearest waitress.

Its time to stuff our faces Miss. Please tell Anselmo I still dont want ashes in my damn good.

Report Post Tip

After her surdy encounter at Anselmo's place she almost did not recognize the place. Yes it is still shabby and the sour face of Anselmo is still there , but the atmosphere is SHOCKING people are almost, and I did say ALMOST feel at home. What is it with people that loves disgusting place. 

Hello everyone, hi to all!!! Violet greets everyone whether she knew them or not. She saw Fat Falcon over there with his RH and was about to sit with them but halts for she can see their serious face.

Is it business or they are frowning about the place, Violet whispered. She settled for the dusty chair at the corner. She pats them and cough as dust fly all around, she rolls her eyes but she expects this one. The waitress approach her and she gives her orders.

An omelette and pancake, hotdog and bacon please. Tell Anselmo hello for me too. And the tab is on him . She winks at the confuse Blair, not knowing what to do Blair just scribbled them down and went to the kitchen to get the said order.

Report Post Tip

Stone`s day was coming to an end when he realised he hadn`t paid his usual visit to his good friend Anselmo`s shit bar in one of the seediest streets of Detroit,oh fuck he thought,hmmm,ah well better see what state it`s in now......on checking his pockets, he makes his way down Sluice Avenue.

He was slightly taken aback by the amount of water flooding out the place from the bottom of the front door; the local stray dogs had spotted this and were drinking/basking and generally causing mayhem outside.

On opening the door which released a further tidal rush, he sees the place full of customers, many of which had given up hope of being served any real nourishment and were busy playing cards and drawing on the bare walls. He spots the waitress and asks...

Hey Miss, has he left you to it? No she replied, he’s in the mens room.....again.....

Stone thought to himself that Anselmo would probably be in there for at least 45 minutes....must take a look in there sometime he thought.....yes well anyway, I`ve bought along a little stuff of my own......bacon,eggs,some black shit called pudding, and I`m going to get myself something to eat....that ok?

Stone leaps over the counter, washing his hands immediately afterwards, rumour had it that if you licked the counter in this place, you’d be immune from all known ailments for life! Hangs his coat up on the rusty nail full of orders, and produces a frying pan, slaps the bacon, eggs and black pudding in and turns on the gas ring, lights it and smiles to himself.....at last, a meal at Anselmo`s.

Lighting a Cigar he notices a sudden interest in the sizzling pan from the other customers.....At that very moment, Anselmo appears, looking quite exhausted and slightly breathless....

Report Post Tip

Anselmo notices Johnny commending him on his excellent customer service skills

Good to see you are paying attention to your surroundings and well aware of what is going on around you as usual, Johnny.

Anselmo looks around at his now crowded diner. Sutomers are piling in. This is not what he had planned for himself when he opened his diner. Blair has been a tremendous help, but she needed Anselmo's help behind the grill with her mounting orders. Blair hands him violet's oeder tickets. Various items such as omlettes, pancakes, bacon, and a hot dog. Blair tells Anselmo to hurry up.

This is going to take way too long to make. Give her this instead.

Anselmo scoops several lumps of cold oatmeal onto a plate and hands it to Blair

Tell her that I'm sorry it is cold and that we can knock 3% off the bill.

Out of the corner of his eye, Anselmo notices his Friend Stone behind the counter making his own food, obviously ignoring the "Employees Only" sign behind the grill. He contemplates approaching him about the matter, then thinks twice about it. "I wish everyone would just make their own damn food. Would save me a lot of time and energy." Anselmo makes his way over to a nearby table where Falcon and KateBeckett are sitting so that he can eavesdrop on their conversation.

Report Post Tip

Blair looks at the food she is about to serve Violet. Dropping the plate with a loud thud, she said with a sweet voice. "Bona petit, I hope you enjoy your meal, Anselmo makes that one especially for you".

Violet looks disdainfully at the oatmeal, she touch the meal and a look of disgust cross her lovely face. "Damn that man,this oatmeal is as cold as a kitten's nose! I should go to that kitchen and rap his head. This is not the way to treat customers.

Violet stood up and takes the cold omelette, she then looks around to see where the kitchen is. She peeks inside the kitchen

Report Post Tip

Kikuchiyo trudges into the diner nursing a devastating hangover

Hello again Anselmo, I'd like to say it's good to see you again, but after what your eggs did to me last time I can't say I'm excited. Let's just say that the BP oil spill had nothing on me that day...

Anyways I'll take a coffee and just some toast.

Kikuchiyo sits down at the all too familiar booth and lets out an audible sigh as he noticed that the floor is still incredibly sticky.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Anselmo's Diner
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL