Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 07:57:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Anselmo's Diner Started by: Anselmo on Apr 27, '10 20:08

Anselmo rolls his eyes as Kikuchiyo interupts him from trying to eavesdrop on Falcon and KateBeckett's conversation

Maybe later Kikuchiyo, I'm very busy at the moment tending to my business and my many customers.

Anselmo turns his attention back to Falcon and KateBeckett and continues to sit in his chair trying to eavesdrop

Report Post Tip

Kate was passed out on the table, a pool of drool forming below her slightly opened mouth. The real poster child for not over doing cocaine. Falcon considered searching her for more of the drugs, but people where watching and he wasnt ready to explain a possible rape charge.

COOK, I DEMAND STEAK, and WHISKEY

Not even the screaming stirred Kate from her overdosed state.

Report Post Tip

Saya comes in and looks around. Lot of people here, she thought. Must be because of that new and pretty waitress.

Finally finding a place to sit she settles down and thinks of something she wants to eat because there's no way she's touching the menus.

Report Post Tip

Reckless walks into a back alley where he pulls out a blunt that he rolled not too long after he landed. He smokes the blunt in the alley without a hitch, no cops or citizens walking by said anything. Reckless walks out of the back alley, eyes glowing red, and looks down. His stomach begins to growl as the munchies set in. He spots Anselmo's diner and walks inside. Taking a look around he see's Kate and Falcon. He decides that he better not ask and just walks to a table instead and take's a seat.

Can I have a pint?

Pulling up a menu Reckless begins to read it. Then decides he's too high to read and instead looks up at Anselmo as he walks up to the table.

What would you recommend mate?

Report Post Tip

Basic stumbles in the diner late night. He seems to being highly intoxicated and tired.

Wellll, nice place you got here. I guess. It dosen't matter, think you can help me with a shortstack of pancakes and whatever coffee you got it dosen't matter when it's from I just need something.

Basic puts his head down on the counter to see if he can sober up until Anselmo answers him.

Report Post Tip

Colin stepped into Anselmo's Diner just has his stomach began to growl. He had been up late the night before drinking with Gwarble and he needed the best hangover cure he knew of. Grease.

As Colin glanced at a menu he became aware that Anselmo, the proprietor of Anselmo's Diner, was sitting behind the counter listening intently to a conversation that he wasn't involved in.

Good old Eavesdropper Anselmo. Colin thought to himself.

Colin was craving bacon and eggs something fierce and as Gwarble wasn't here he took the opportunity to eat pork products. Gwarble had recently converted to Judaism to please his girlfriends parents. This was most odd as they weren't even Jewish, they were French. Gwarble had a terrible ear for accents.

"A plate of bacon and egg please my good man." Colin said politely to the eavesdropper. "Any maybe some sausage and toast to go with it please. And by maybe, I mean definitely."

With that Colin took a seat a window booth. He was going to have to dispense with his leisurely read of the paper if he was to eat all of these pork products before Gwarble turned up.

The clock was ticking.

The scene changes to one of Colin looking around anxiously, one of Gwarble sitting bolt upright in bed, and one of Kim Bauer lying on the floor obviously kidnapped. The exact time is bottom centre. How exciting.

Report Post Tip

Blair cleaned the bench in front of kitchen. The shop was extremely packed with customers. Voices and smoke were all around the place. She could see many familiar faces and she wandered why so many people were in that dirty place. The food was cold and low quality but people were obviously not there for the food but only for famous and adorable Anselmo, her Boss..

Report Post Tip

Stone side stepped the queue forming outside Anselmo`s Diner and wondered to himself how on earth anyone would queue for hours to be ignored. He breezed in allowing a brief moment for the ladies to clock his tremendous physique and dapper appearance when he spotted Colin, sat alone with a look of complete unawareness on his face. Walking up to him Stone asks...”Colin? Is that you? Where`s the big guy?” Colin smiled and with a partial yawn explained the situation with regard to Gwarble`s current eating habits and their voluminous intake of liquor the previous evening.

Stone smiled and took a seat beside the enormous figure when Blair walked up to the table clutching a notepad, pencil and cloth. “Hi guy`s how`s things” she asked as she wiped the table and took their order........”I`ll have whatever Colin`s having please Blair, and a cup of lukewarm water with two grains of coffee, oh and lipstick marks on the mug, thanks.”

Blair walked back to the counter after assuring everyone she passed that their order is on its way, and placed the note order onto the overflowing pile already present at the side of the counter..........

It was at this moment when they spotted Anselmo exiting the men`s room with a copy of “Gherkin Monthly” in one hand, and a pen in the other. They two men raise their hands to greet the owner just as a look of disappointment covers his face and Anselmo turns round and goes back into the mens room. Colin and Stone look at each other briefly before rolling out a rhythm with their fingers on the table top in the hope that sometime, they may be served.

Report Post Tip

Blair heared the door's bell rank and she looked at the entrance to see Stone walking in the shop. Her eyelids flickered by surprise and a smile came up on her face. She served a lonely man at the end of the shop and the walk all the way to Colin's and Stone's table to take their order.

"Hi guy's how's things" she asked and cleaned the table with a dirty cloth.

"I'll have whatever Colin's having please Blair, and a cup of lukewarm water with two grains of coffee, oh and lipstick marks on the mug, thanks" he said kindly as always.

She gave him a smile and giggled about the true-joke of the lipstick mark. She gave the order to the kitchen and then she placed a ashtray to their table.

Report Post Tip

Anselmo grows tired of listening to the coke-addled ramblings of KateBeckett and notices Colin and Stone sitting at a nearby table awaiting Don Gwarble. "Shit" he mutters. "I don't have a damn thing to serve in here that is remotely edible" He motions to Blair and hands her a wad of cash.

"Take this money, run down the street, and ick up some good food. Bring it in through the back door, put it on a tray, and pretend that we made it special for Don Gwarble and his men."

He makes his way over to Colin and Stone's table to pay hs respects to his old Friends

Report Post Tip

As Blair looked the bench for the ready orders she saw her boss to motion her. She walked in the kitchen and looked at her boss.

"Take this money,run down the street, and ick up somegood food. bring it in through the back door, put it on a tray, and pretend that we made it special for Don Gwarble and his men." he said and handed her money.

"Yes, sir" she said feeling too anxious to move for a moment. She didn't know Detroit city so well to know where to find good food. She walked out from the back door and lost in Detroit's roads for thirty minutes.

She came back in time, with many bags and placed them on the kitchen's bench. She looked at Colin's table and saw  Anselmo talking to colin and Stone. She served the food to plates and then heared the door's bell, feeling so proud that she made it on time.

Report Post Tip

"Ah, Greetings and Blessings Anselmo", says Stone as he and Colin stand to shake his hand. The three men take a seat, discussing recent events and opportunities when Blair appears at their

table, looking a little under pressure and slightly breathless. "My Dear Blair" exclaims Stone as he helps her with the tray of food and coffees. "Well, I didn`t expect this.........you`ve done us proud

Blair,........."

Blair looks quite embarrassed at the gratitude shown to her for the excellent cuisine she has just delivered to them. "I must say, this is by far the best food I`ve ever tasted in Detroit, and coffee

that tastes like..........coffee, thanks Blair"

The men tuck into the hearty meal as one by one, other customers who have not been so fortunate with their orders, gather around them, taking a more than healthy interest in the offerings that

were covering the table.

Report Post Tip

Chuck had been wandering the streets of Detroit for a few hours now. He had a plane to catch and was very hungry. He finds Anselmo’s diner tucked away in the bowels of Detroit. He walks inside, eyeing Anselmo as he moves. He did not look like a man who should be flipping pancakes for a living. Charlie boy wasn’t one to judge though, he walks up to the man and greets him with a smile.

“Hello Anselmo, it’s nice to meet you. I’ve heard nothing but great things from people about this place. I’d like to get a stack of pancakes please.”

The young mobster walks over to a table and take’s a seat. He smokes a cigarette while awaiting his food. The waitress brings the pancakes out from the back and sets them in front of Charlie. Charlie smiles at the waitress and begins to eat. Lucky had forgotten just how hungry he was, he was not stopping even to take a breath. This youngster meant business, and he right now he was at war with the pancakes. He did not want to stop until every last one of them was gone. Finishing up his meal, he pulls out his pack of cigarettes and lights one up. He decides to sit and stay awhile, and possibly meet someone new.

Report Post Tip

She took the plates with the fresh food and walked all the way to Stone's table. He gently helped her serve the plates and the coffee and complimented her about the food.

Blair felt her cheeks hot and she knew that they turned to red.

Hopefully a customer nodded to her and she was more than welcome  to serve him instantly this time...

Report Post Tip

Having had one or two too many bootleg bourbons the previous night, what Bammy needed right now was a sloppy, greasy mess in his belly to take the edge off the grinding headache that had rendered him almost immobile from the second he awoke. He'd heard that Anselmo ran a grotty little eatery here in Detroit. Yes, that sounded perfect. That would fix him.

Enquiring at the front desk of his motel, he wrote the address on a yellowed slip of card and made his way to the location indicated. Walking in through the door he notices his good friend Blair waiting tables.

Blair, bloody hell. What're you doing here? I thought you were back in LA at the moment. Still, it's always good to bump into a friendly face.

Attempting a smile, the facial movement caused sharp and intense pain to erupt from his temples. Losing his footing for an instant, he supported himself on a nearby table, much to the chagrin of it's occupants.

Tell you what, I could do with a little sit down. If you could bring me a drop of coffee I'd be nothing but eternally grateful.

Report Post Tip

Blair looked the new customer coming in and she laughed as she recognised him. She walked all the way to his table with a smile on her face.

"Bammyyy" she yelled by excitement.

"Blair, bloody hell. What're you doing here? I thought you were back in LA at the moment. Still, it's always good to bump into a friendly face." he said with a smile too.

"Oh...you didn't know? I am Anselmo's waitress for a while." she winked him.

He tried to smile but he ended up with a tired expression.

"Tell you what, I could do with a little sit down. If you could bring me a drop of coffee I'd be nothing but eternally grateful."

"Oh, Bammy you seem pretty tired my dear. I'll be here in a minute with your coffee." she said as she patted him on the shoulder.

She went into the bar and already served cup of coffee from the bench.

"Here my dear. So how's the things for you?"

Report Post Tip

The diner is getting packed with customers and Anselmo decides it is time to step up and lend a hand to his waitress Blair. He snatches an order ticket and heads back to the grill. "I stack of pancakes: the toder ticket reads. Suddenly Anselmo regrets offering to help, as well as opening the diner in the first place. He is not cut out for this type of ork. Still, he feels obligated to assist his Friend BlairWaldorf. He throws a coupld stale slices of bread on a plate and places it on the order window

Here's that stack of panckaes Blair. Just pour lots of honey and syrup on it and tell them it's pancakes. We'll just keep our fingers crossed they won't know.

Report Post Tip

Gratefully accepting what Blair assures him is coffee, he eyes it suspiciously before risking the first sip. Convinced that it does exactly what it says on the tin, he wastes no further time in gulping down the contents of the cup, oblivious to the mild searing sensation caused to his oesophagus.

Aaah, that's much better thanks. And I'm not doing too bad Blair, all things considered. I may have accidentally sampled rather too much of my own product last night, and I met this fellow who claimed he was producing his own bourbon that was better than the real thing. Well, needless to say I had to have a try of the stuff for myself. One glass didn't seem a fair enough sample to my mind, and before I knew what was happening I'd had the whole damn bottle.

Wincing at the memory, he remembers just how unwell he currently feels.

What I could really do with is something disgracefully and unashamedly unhealthy to try and soak up some of the evil currently loose in my body. You got anything that can help with that?

Report Post Tip

Blair chuckled and patted Bammy again on the shoulder.

"Poor Bam" she said dramatically,"Well what about a steak with some rice" she asked while she was laughing and then saw Anselmo finally preparing some plates. She went to the kitchen and looked some plates with slides of bread, wandering why he have them on plates.

"Here's that stack of pancakes Blair. Just pour lots of honey and syrup on it and tell them it's pancakes. We'll just keep our fingers crossed they won't know." he said.

Blair was shocked and speechlessly she poured the breads with honey and syrup and served them to a couple too ashamed.

Report Post Tip

Steak with.... rice? What sort of establishment are you running here Blair? What I need is something like that fine looking stack of pancakes you just took to those two over there.

He gestures erratically with his hand at the couple in the corner who have just begun tucking into their hearty breakfast.

Although, having said that, those pancakes are rather square. Shame about them having crusts too. But I'm sure they're just fine.

Like a true misogynist, Bammy slaps Blair's rear as she turns around and walks away from the table. Just a playful pat more than anything really.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Anselmo's Diner
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL