Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 21:09:33
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Dancing at Midnight Started by: Klejnot on Jan 20, '17 22:22

Klejnot would wonder slowly around the city, odd jobs scaring everyone. She thought it was fun running along the roof tops. She had her places to sit at certain times. Sunset was the docks, quiet and cool, a nice place though she had kept the thought of the man who had managed to pull her out before. Around noon she would walk around the city singing and messing with others, snatching purses. She was small and had no cares at all. But by night she would be on the roof's sitting or in the street, dancing. She could be found around midnight dancing in the light. Who said you had to sleep... I would rather run free without a care. She always thought this as she wet about the day. What better place to be right?

Some time further she would be dancing through the streets, she called it a slow day and a lingering night. Skipping and twirling as she sand a soft beautiful tune. Stopping the white and black outfit she wore fluttered and rested softly on her skin. Her white hair shining in the moonlight as her silver eyes glittered as if full of stars. "How about a dance in the dark?" She smiled and would raise her hands towards the midnight sky and speak softly, "Dancing when the clock strikes twelve." Unsure if anyone was watching.

Report Post Tip

Majima was walking through the streets while smoking a cigarette. He hadn't found any information about the man he seen before. He also didn't hear anything more about his brother's passing. He had been to the grave but couldn't see a body. He couldn't believe it unless he could see it himself. He wasn't above gravedigging but he couldn't bring himself to dig up this one. Caught up in his thought he caught a glimpse of white hair gliding and sliding through the streets. It was late at night and one look around would tell that the streets were almost bare, and the only ones out now weren't up to any good. But the person with the white hair he seen in the street seemed to be a girl, and she seemed to be dancing. He recognized the girl as the person that he had pulled from the ocean a few days prior. She was dancing in the middle of the street and then she stopped and raised her hands to the sky and said something that he couldn't make out. He looked around and seen there was nobody else around so she had to be talking to herself. He moved toward the girl approaching her from behind, and stopped behind her far enough away that she couldn't tell he was there.

"Oi, aren't you the girl who was just trying go diving in the ocean? What're you doing out here this late at night? And who are you talking to out here?" Majima asked with a bewildered look on his face. Though he was confused he was a bit amused at seeing the girl dancing around in the street.

Report Post Tip

Dancing happily in the night her dress and hair swirling around her as she moved. Free as the wind, thats how she liked to roam. Not minding at all that it was midnight. She liked it, the eerie silence that she moved around in, tapping her feet to her own rhythm.

She would continue her dance stopping as the sound of a mans voice would be heard. She stood still before turning around, silver eyes shining. She stared up at the man, her height was that of a pre-teen. She would stop to think trying to remember who he was. "AH! Why hello there mister." She stood and tilted her head to the left, "Ocean diving is not my thing. Are you sure you have the right person?" She tried to play it off for now. "I dont live anywhere but the street, it is my home. And speaking to? I was speaking to those who are lost." She only giggled and rocked back and forth on her heels.

Report Post Tip

Majima listened to the girl finish speaking and then watched her rock on her feet. He stared at her blankly for a minute. He first realized that she tried to deny that she took a dive off the docks the other day. His face broke into a teasing grin.

"Nope, pretty sure I remember those who try to go swimming on the ocean floor. I only have one eye but even I can remember face of someone like that. What, did you decide to give up the swimming so you can focus on your street dancing? And apparently ghost whispering?"

He asked chuckling a bit to himself.

Report Post Tip

Her face broke out in a grin as she thought of this as a little game. With that she smiled and gave a small giggle. "Ah, well thank you for understanding mister. And maybe~" She turned on her heels and dashed forward hoping around and jumping over cracks. Shoudting back before taking off around a corner as if to avoid the questions. "Street dancing is not bad~ Good to do if you do not sleep"

Report Post Tip

He listened to her response and seen her giggle and smile before she took off. He blinked a couple of times as he hadn't expected her to just run off. Somewhere inside of him, he found it hard to accept someone just smiling and running off on him in the middle of a conversation. Part of him wondered if she wanted him to chase her. He figured he hadn't worked out in awhile, and she did seem like a girl so maybe this was a kind of game to her. He figured he'd oblige her.

"What am I doing? Chasing some girl around." He said to himself, shaking his head. Then again he didn't have anything better to do. He looked at his cigarette and stomped it out.

"Waste of a good cigarette." He said aloud. Before cracking his neck. He then took a deep breath, before taking off after the girl who had just run around the corner with blinding speed.

Report Post Tip

Klejnot kept on running, the patter of her feet lightly hitting the ground through the dead streets. She was already turning down the street and did a small little hop skidding down into a alley way. Happily slowing down to a skip as she spun on her toes. Not minding that she would soon come to a dead end maybe. But in turn she kept going until she would turn again down the alley branching out and connecting to the far end of the street. Doing a simple cartwheel as she landed on her feet she scampered off running. "Catch me if you can~"

Report Post Tip

Majima noticed as he kept running after the girl that she would stop up and wait for him a bit, before taking off again. She wasn't making it easy, but she stayed just far enough ahead so that he didn't lose sight of her.

'So she is playing with me!'

It was then he heard her taunt. He found himself chuckling to himself but his competitive nature wouldn't let him be taken lightly like this. With that he put more speed into his run and began to close the distance between them.

"Is this as fast as you can go?! After that head start I gave you, I thought you'd be doing better than this!" He yelled ahead as he continued to catch up.

Report Post Tip

She kept herself running, as not paying attention to how many paces she was ahead by. Giggling and chiming out little laughs through the streets. She would stop as the sound of his feet slapping the ground fell behind her. Stopping after he finished his words, she stretched and twirled around giggling again. Arms up and head tilted back, "You dont know how fun that was~"

Report Post Tip

After awhile the running had begun to get to his endurance. It's been awhile since he had to chase anyone down or run for that long, and being a smoker didn't help. He wasn't exactly ready to fall over but he was a little short on breath. He was relieved to see she had stopped, but was surprised to see that she didn't seem very tired at all. He watched as she twirled around and laughed looking like she had enjoyed their run through the city. And based on what she said, she had.

"If you wanna go for a run, next time all you have to do is ask. I'll wear something a little more athletic."

He said tiredly to the obviously amused looking girl. He then took a moment to look around and see where they were. He realized that he didn't have a clue. He sighed then looked back to the girl.

"So was it those who are lost, that told you to go running off through the city at midnight all of a sudden like that?"

Report Post Tip

She kept on twirling one foot after another. She would stop and look at the man who was tired from running and smiled. Amused she hummed and stepped towards him with a wide smile. 

"Maybe so, Who knows right?"

She give a small giggle and turned her back to him looking at the sky, "South end of the city sure is lovely." She tilted her head again and stretched before replying. "No, I just wanted a nice run." She teased.

Report Post Tip

He sighed tiredly again after hearing her. 'Strange kid' he thought to himself, as he leaned against a nearby wall and stuck a cigarette his mouth and lit it and took a puff. He knew it wasn't good for him if he was gonna end up running and what not but right now he couldn't help it and didn't care either. He then looked up at the sky himself. 

"When ya right kid, ya right. This part of town is pretty nice. Even more so then where I'm staying, which I presume to be the North side. Speaking of which, I'm gonna need you to take me back around to where we were before. I don't know these streets all too well and seeing as they're your home you should know them quite well. That is if you don't mind of course. Though do you think we can walk this time? Little running girl?

He asked playfully as he took another puff of his cigarette.

Report Post Tip

Klejnot looked at him as he leaved to a wall only to sit down in the middle of the street and lay down. With a large smile she giggled when he spoke. "yes sir you are right." She listened some more and turned her head, strange indeed but she had nothing better to do. "Take ya back? Sure I wont mind." She stayed laying still, "Can not promise that I will not run," She stuck her tongue out and giggled.

Sitting up she looked at him and the cigarette. Tilting her head, "Before you said something about the ocean..." She thought about what she enjoyed to do and quietly questioned herself. "Ah.. yes, I did fall in accidentally... Stood to far on the edge of it."

Report Post Tip

Majima raised an eyebrow as the girl began to talk about her falling into the ocean. He had thought she was gonna dance away from that topic all night. He almost laughed at the irony of that thought. He took another hit off his cigarette before responding.

"Ahh, you fell in ACCIDENTALLY huh? And what was the reason you fell down so far? Did you just not feel like swimming back up? Or did you not plan on swimming back up?"

Report Post Tip

She stayed quiet for some time, staring back at the sky as she closed her silver colored eyes. After some time she reopened them and listened to him speak. Looking back at him she spoke quietly,

"Yes, could you think that maybe I never learned to swim?" She was being serious as she stared at him.

Report Post Tip

Majima considered what she said for a moment, looking up at the sky. A moment later he looked back to her with a face of understanding

"That's not so out of the ordinary actually, but I never considered it. One who isn't sure of themself around water doesn't usually get so close to water like you were. You didn't seem to be just passing by, and even one who begins to panic in the water has a shot at flailing around for a bit before they're overcome."

Noticing that he was almost getting into lecture territory he stopped himself and took another hit off his cigarette before stomping it out.

"Well, it doesn't matter. You're safe and lived through it. I don't know what happened to that other guy, but he looked like someone I knew. That's why I went diving in after the two of you. Glad to see you're taking advantage of that second chance at life, even if you are just dancing through the streets at odd times of night, and running around like a crazy woman."

Report Post Tip

Klejnot was staring at the man, the silence between them was enough to hear anyone coming down the dead streets. 

Listening to what the man had to say she closed her eyes and looked back at the sky while laying on the hard ground. With a small giggle she spoke quietly while he took his hit. She stayed calm and serious "Well, I am related to a crazy lady who died recently. But I do not like to fear what will come soon."

She listened again and stretched out with a soft yawn. "The man, he stood there until I could not see him. I remember telling him that, There is a possibility that I am lost, or maybe not. But I have no place that I belong anymore." She fell quiet and laughed not long after.

"I thank you, but dancing at midnight, and running is all I have been doing. I avoid trouble and mind my own business." She avoided mentioning her small side jobs.

Report Post Tip

Majima listened to the girl while leaning on the while and keeping his uncovered eye shut. After hearing her finish he let out a sigh, then slid down the wall to have a seat on the concrete.

"Well you're not the only one with no place to belong to. I can understand that way of thinking that you have nowhere to go. I haven't really found anything since I been here. Ya know I used to be a big shot back home."

At that Majima had a forlorn look on his face, and his mood began to turn somber

"Home... Don't really have one of those anymore. I kinda get the feeling that you're the same. Although you call the streets your home it's not really a place where one WANTS to live is it? Sure you get to dance in the moonlight at midnight, and run the streets and the buildings, and the view of the sky is great. But do you ever... I don't know, want more? Or feel like there should be something more to life?"

Majima thought about his question for a minute, then scratched his head in frustration.

"I don't wanna think about things like this really. Say kid, you wouldn't happen to have an abundance of alcohol on ya somewhere would ya?" He asked with dry humor in his voice

Report Post Tip

Klejnot stared at the sky only to sit up and watch him slide to the ground. 

Listening closely to what he had to say she smiled small, "Some people are nothing but jewels that can shine in the dark."

She watched his expression change. The dreary atmosphere made her stand up and walk over as he spoke. sitting beside him she watched quietly tilting her head. "I thought it was nice.... the streets are wonderful when you know where you are going." She kept a eye on him and smiled. "Want more? Like what? I feel like everything should be worked for. Though.... it is not the best but it is worth it." 

She watched him more and shook her head catching onto the joke. "Sorry, I havent got the chance to con sellers into giving me it."

Report Post Tip

Majima laughed at her response to him. And stared up at the sky as she sat next to him. He thought about what he said for a moment and what she said for a moment and decided to ask,

"Tell me something. You said you don't have any place to belong to. Are you happy like that? Or would you like to have some place where you feel like you belong?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dancing at Midnight
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL