Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 14:29:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
What do you think makes you live longer? Started by: DotBoom on Jan 21, '17 17:56
I would say the obvious is not being disliked by anyone. But in this world even when you do everyone right your going to annoy someone! I think best way to survive a long time apart from obviously statistics like high BGs, would be in how you treat people. How you deal with different situations for example. If your getting upset over obvious jokes or taking everything personal your eventually going to tick someone off (believe me I still have enemies from my "crazy" days)

Iv learnt it's about being laid back and accepting everyone for who they are. If they are too much for you to deal with smile and wave! But for the most part making friends and gaining trust within the community is probably a very good starting point for survival!
Report Post Tip

Snitches get stitches. 

Report Post Tip

Being good.

Report Post Tip
The town drunk has a good idea going on
Report Post Tip

In my past experience, I slept through the fighting so I never knew how I really stayed alive. One key piece of advice I can give is that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Just be kind and courteous to people and it will reduce the risk of someone wanting to whack you. 

Report Post Tip

Personally i believe in not joining a family you have no loyalty to. Loyalty and courage is the back bone that every family needs to survive. 

Loyalty is what defines a hitter or proer. Your sole duty and purpose is to your CL. A loyal hitter will die for the protection of his/her family and above all their CL. A loyal proer will help keep everyone and anyone he/she can alive.

Courage is having the balls to do what is outlined above on top of standing up for your beliefs and ideals

In short, loyalty and respect is earned, not demanded and any leader worth their salt will understand that and apply that

As for courage, its like common sense, you either have it or you dont. 

P.S

Sorry for the lack of grammar, im on my Cell

Report Post Tip

Merle: I go with balls/courage too. I like your take on loyalty. My characters have always been loyal, yet Id like to play a snake at some point lol.

Angelina: Sometimes when roleplaying a certain personality you will rub other people's characters the wrong way. If the character they are playing takes it to the extent that they would try kill you, then that's simple mafia role play.

I agree on being kind OOC, yet IC, being the mafia, kindness is a far stretch. We kill, murder, rob, steal, backstab, all for power and cause were mofoin gangstas. IC conflict sometimes is unavoidable, and if you're playing a character deep enough it should at some point be necessary.

And if you're the same IC as you are OOC then you may want to rethink things, cause it's a rocky road walking that path. But if that's the character you have fleshed out, then kudos, but goodluck working in the mafia :)

In my opinion, I would rather simply role play my character and not think too much about living long or short. If I am fully immersed in the character I am role playing, then that to me is the end goal.

Living or dieing, it's two sides of the same coin, called playing the game. Just because a person lives to 60 in real life and another to 22, does it make one life better than the other based on how many years they clocked?

I believe it's what you do with those years that's important. How true you are to yourself and others. And in the case of playing MR, how true you are to the game. I choose to play this great little thing as a character.

Sometimes I'm not so kind in character, ala my current one lol. But, I'll role play him as he is. And as long as I'm true to that, to the game of role playing, then I can die tomorrow and be happy as a pig on a spit roast (seriously, they must know how.good they taste).

Some may take my in character stuff out of character on here, which is unfortunate, but it wont stop me being true to role playing and enjoying being the personality of whatever character I choose to create, long life, or short.

Report Post Tip

That's a good point, but you can lure in more bees with honey than vinegar, so it is always nice to be nice to people who may end up helping you in the future.

Report Post Tip

Apparently not being inactive for more than 7 days will keep you alive longer too. 

Report Post Tip
Very true :) I like to role play the dick though lol. I find it more fun for some reason. I think cause I like action and adventure movies and books :)
Report Post Tip

Beyond the "be active once every six days" strategy, that I never tried, I think that you need to die quite a lot of times and change a lot of crews. In short, you need to know a lot of people, know who fucks with whom, who sucks whose dick, who back-stabbed whom in the back, who is the tactician, who is the shooter, in order to know who you won't go with the next time, and choose the right crew, where you can work hard, contribute hard, know to sacrifice yourself in times of war, make new friends, avoid making yourself enemies by respecting everybody you talk with, and live longer a few times later when you get the image of the big puzzle and are able to recognize who was who before.

Important thing also is not to be a dick, but a few never got it how not to, and it's another topic anyway... (not related to my dear colleague John's words)

Report Post Tip

I think the real way to survive is to keep to yourself and when shit hits the fan you use the invisibility cloak you stole from Hogwarts and lay low for a few days. Then pop your head out a few days later see what the carnage is and if it's not too bad you resurface. But if not you put the cloak back on and lay low for a few more days. 

Report Post Tip

Connections. You know the right people in the right place + a little luck. 

Report Post Tip

Not being Clause

Report Post Tip
Not being Keypunch.
Report Post Tip

Not having that birday scum as a RHM

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What do you think makes you live longer?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL