Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 22:13:45
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Day at the Mansion Started by: EvelynReed on Jan 23, '17 23:14

It was a brisk Monday morning in Chicago, it was early but the walls within Maniac Mansion were active, or were they? It wasn't often that they actually were quiet. Usually someone was screaming, laughing or talking even it if was to themselves. Dominick was a good one for doing that. Evelyn thought as she smiled and awoke in her room. She had a tiny little spot in basement tucked in the back corner, it's all that Utopia could offer her when he extended her the invite to join him.

She liked it though, it kept her away from most of the traffic that went in and out of the Mansion and it was her own little space. Sitting up in her bed she sat there for a moment, still as could be waiting to see if she could hear who was all moving around upstairs. It was silent though, she couldn't even hear a peep. Perhaps it actually was quiet and in fact it was the voices in her head she was hearing again. Evelyn paused for a quick moment once again, finally she heard some footsteps along with some chatter. Satisfied she wasn't hearing things Evelyn continued to get up. It took her about 20 minutes to gather herself, along with looking somewhat presentable for the day. Which really just consisted of brushing her teeth and throwing her hair up.

Evelyn grabbed a couple of her belonging before heading up stairs. She needed to get out in the world and make some money, had to prove to herself and her boss man she could make it in this world. The only thing was where to start...

There were a lot of people around the Mansion, she figured someone would know what to do.

Coming up the stairs and into the open Evelyn was immediately in the middle of a group of people talking about some political matter. It was nothing that in the slightest appealed to Evelyn. Though a voice quickly asked her, her opinion. She looked around to see who was talking to her, it was Lordsnow. Evelyn just smiled at him, shrugged her shoulders and made her way past the group. 

She could hear a bit more chatter going on in the next room and that is where she headed. Which was actually a bit further then you would think, the Mansion was big and sometimes getting from room to room took a moment. She made her way to the door it was the door to the main common room, the place everyone usually hung out. Peaking her head in she noticed Hit, Honesty-, and Ezreal throwing dice. Supposedly it was a good way to make money but whenever Evelyn had tried it she never won so she just stopped playing it. 

She then noticed Storm glaring out the window, it almost seemed as she was to trying to control the weather by either making it rain or something else. It made Evelyn chuckle some, it was something she could see herself doing.

"Hey everyone!" Evelyn said softly, as she stood in the doorway. No one paid her attention to her almost as if she weren't even standing there, or they just didn't hear her. She figured they just didn't hear her.

She took a couple more steps into the room and spoke again "HELLO EVERYONE".

Report Post Tip

Sounds of the wind could be heard through the window seals as if a strong force was trying to push through. Looking off in the distance for any grey clouds near by, Storm here's rambling in the background. Her focus to the sky became interrupted as she turns around to  respond.

Hey EvelynReed, what are you doing this find day? You could always come sit next to me and wait for the storm. I know sounds boring aye, but you never know how much of your mind you can clear by doing so. I mean we could play dice, but we both know that's not a good idea.

Thoughts ran through her mind as she realized to be unstable and mentally ill. Maybe this is why she was brought into the "Maniac Mansion" to begin with. Never wearing sleeves you could see the wounds that were apart of her. You could get a feel of death that she seemed to keep close by. Going back over to the window she waits for something no one knows. Something beyond the storm that could only be seen through her eyes. Maybe she was just a lunatic in search for nothing at all or a young lady missing some screws, maybe both. As she stared out to the far a few rain drops drizzled down the window.

Report Post Tip

After several hours of losing at dice Ezreal clears his throat before letting off an abundance of curse words.  Standing up out of his chair he accuses Hit of time skipping before realizing the gang wasn't alone anymore. A beautiful red headed gal was standing before the gang, faintly saying hello and waving. Ezreal smirks and raises his finger in the shape of a gun, winking at her he says "You belong in a museum!"

Report Post Tip

Evelyn smiled towards Storm.

She was a person not like the most but there was something about her that Evelyn liked. Perhaps it was the sense of mystery about her or it could have been they matched each others crazy. Either way it worked for her. Evelyn made her way towards the window Storm was sitting at, she could see a couple of rain drops beginning to glide down the window. She pulled up a chair across from Storm on the other side of the window and began to peer out.

The pair was silent for a moment as the rain began to pick up. The drops making a pronounced sound on the glass. It was soothing to the ear, Evelyn began to drift off in day dream land. 

There she was headed to the graveyard, shovel in hand. Suddenly she was there in the graveyard, she wasn't sure how exactly she had gotten there but was standing in front of a newly dug grave. Evelyn took a couple scoops with the shovel into the ground and removed enough dirt to get into the casket. She opened it, the face looking back was a bit familiar. It was her, suddenly things went black she was in the box.

That is when a crash of thunder rang out through the city. It instantly shook Evelyn out of her day dream.

"Oh damn, that was crazy." Evelyn smirked in Storms direction.

"I just had the craziest day dream, with the conclusion that I think I need to stop robbing the dead."

Report Post Tip

Dominick had been out and about, earning for the boss and well, some of those earnings might have lined his own pocket. He of course made sure his dues were paid though! The sounds of gunshots and sirens blared behind him, just as the door to The Mansion came to a close. A smile curled at the corners of his lips as he had made it home. 

It was then he observed a doctor step out from one of the rooms, surely patching one of the goons up from their recent heist. 

"Ahhh! Get away! No!" 

Dominick shuddered. It was those damn white lab coats! Ever since EvelynReed had lured him so maliciously into a gang of maniacs with cattle prods, he was never the same! He'd hiss at the doctor, baring his teeth a moment as he'd make his way to the common area of The Mansion. 

That's when he came across the ginger. His brows narrowed upon her as she looked toward the other members of the family. He'd lift a hand, and give her ear a playful flick.

"Oh, look what the cat dragged in, people!"

A grin perched upon his lips as he'd walk by her, and take a seat in that new couch Utopia had brought in!

Report Post Tip

Evelyn turned to Ezreal at smiled at him, her cheeks a slight hue of pink. It may have been the first time someone had ever told her she deserved to be in a museum. She began to think about that though.

"A museum... I wonder what kind of museum. That could mean so many different things; good, bad, different, odd."

She thought about it hard but figured he had to have meant it in a good way. Still in awe and with a smile on her face she turned to look out the window again. That's when she felt someone flick her ear. Quickly she sprung up and spun around.

"Who the Fu...."

Before she could mutter the remainder of the curse word she was about to throw out of her mouth, she seen who it actually was.

"Dominick, what the hell is wrong with you."

Evelyn growled silently to herself, before taking a deep breath then letting out a sigh.

"The doctor says to breathe in deep and out slowly. That's how to calm your nerves."

The room was silent, she could feel the eyes of her fellow housemates looking at her.

"So... uhm... this is a pretty cool storm we have out there now isn't it?"

Report Post Tip

Utopia walked into the room just as Evelyn asked the question.

Storm, did you have to do that while I was outside? I'm absolutely soaked! Ah, I see you've all met Evelyn. There wasn't much room left in the mansion when we took her in, so I've had to make space by throwing out Ezreal's ornament collection. Sorry bud, that stuff belonged in a museum. 

Utopia turned and saw EvelynReed and Dominick both looking uneasy.

Dominick, did you see another doctor!? I'm sorry about that, I told them to stay out of the Mansion while you were here.

As for you Evelyn, you should stop that graverobbing business, it isn't good for you! Not least is it good for our floors. Look at the amount of mud you've all brought in! 

Utopia wasn't particularly annoyed, there was nothing he enjoyed in Maniac Mansion more than a good mud fight.

Report Post Tip

Hearing that his beloved ornaments had been thrown into the trash Ezreal pushes his chair backwards rushing over towards the couch where Storm is staring out the window. Waving his wands in front of her he tries to break her from whatever trance she is in, hoping to take a seat. Getting no response he shrugs, kneeling on the couch Ezreal stares out the window for several minutes, watching the garbage men take away the mansions trash.

Report Post Tip

Evelyn glanced back looking behind Utopia as he pointed towards the muddy footprints in the hallway. It took her a moment to try to come up with an excuse, suddenly it struck her. 

"Hey! That's not me, I haven't even left the mansion yet today. Actually Dominick was the last one through those front doors, I bet it was him would fracked all that mud in here." Evelyn chucked, she just threw him right under the bus to the boss. "You should make him get down on his hands and knees and clean that." 

Just before Evelyn was about to comment further she noticed something out of the corner of her eye, quickly she turned to her right Ezreal was frantically waving his arms in front of Storm. It's was a bit odd behavior even for Mansion standards, everyone just sat there silent and waited until he was done. 

"Everything alright with you?"

Evelyn turned her attentions back towards the boss and in a soft tone began speaking to him.

"If those doctors are still here you might want them to come check out dude over here."

Report Post Tip

Drogo was seated over in the corner of the foyer at a table conveniently placed there. Splayed out in front of him on the table was his nine, placed neatly on a cloth so nothing would get lost. He held the slide in one hand and was slowly cleaning it with another rag that he held in his other hand. He didn't even seem to be paying attention to the spots on the slide, but somehow his hand glided over them nevertheless. Considering all of the past action on the streets, anywhere Utopia was, it seemed that Drogo was not too far behind.

As EvelynReed moved into the foyer from somewhere deeper in Maniac Mansion, Drogo's eyes watched her for a few moments as well. By now, the slide was in its spots on the cloth and the trigger housing group was in his hands being cleaned as well. He didn't say or do much at the moment, but his senses were heightened consider half of his firepower was in pieces on the table. He was with his crew, but you could never tell what was going to happen at Maniac Mansion.

Report Post Tip

Evelyn slowly got up and excused herself from the window where her and Storm had been looking at the weather. She was still a bit weirded out with Ezreal's arm flailing exhibition he had just put on. It took a lot for her to feel like this but then again who was she to say how excited someone got waiting for the garbage men to arrive. 

She looked around the room and noticed a few more faces joined the crowd. Geneva was sitting on a stool, he had his propped up against one of the walls with his arms folded across him. He quite looked the role of the family caretaker, you know the guy who took care of any issues in the Mansion. 

The dice game had also drawn more of a crowd. HoboJoe, BaconSandwich and Hammer joined the in. Each had a wad of cash in their hands and were trying to convince each other to take ridiculous bets.  "Dice such a silly game."

Then Evelyn noticed a man sitting in the corner, it was a face she had seen before but not often. Though she did know his name, he went by Drogo. He had pieces of his gun strewed all over the table in front of him. She wasn't sure if he wanted to be left alone or not but it didn't really matter much to her. With a shrug of her should she made he way over until she was standing in front of him.

"Care if I have a seat?"

Report Post Tip

As usual BaconSandwich was to be found at the dice, losing once again. His boss had told him plenty of times to stop gambling his paycheck away, but never did he learn. Bacon was as always sitting quietly and never moved an inch, unless HoboJoe threw him out the door for making him waste all his savings. Bacon noticed EvelynReed pass by talking about the bad weather outside but besides that he didn't pay much attention to his surroundings. Bacon have had a gambling addiction ever since he moved in and the thrill of the dice could captivate him for hours.

Bacon wasn't known for being chatty, but his mind would often be full of thoughts. But now was not the time to think, he could do that later. Now it was time for winning. He placed 500 dollars on the table, daring anyone to try and enter.

"Anyone got the courage to accept the bet and see who goes out here with an extra sum of money? We can always bet again if any dares to accept"

Even though Bacon loved to dice, he was still feeling nervous, but that was half the fun, the other half would be winning.

Report Post Tip

Dominick sunk into that comfy new cushion! A smile broad upon his lips as he'd lift hands to lace above his head. My was it comfortable! Those pearly whites bared at the others who slouched and sat in chairs in the room. He definitely had to make it known he was comfortable and living the life! 

His expression slipped from his face as he watched Evelyn quickly place him at the scene of a crime! A heinous one at that! He'd look to his boots, and sure as hell, mud was caked beneath. 

"..the fuck." Dominick cursed beneath his breath, it was that damn sudden torrential downfall of rain, it came out of nowhere! His eyes slowly widened as he followed the trail he had left behind, leading right to where he was sitting. He had to figure something out, there was no way he'd take the heat for this!

A grin perched upon his lips as he'd snag a passing person, a new hang around looking to do business with the crew. Dominick simply scooted right onto the other side of the couch and kicked off his boots, leaving them for the new kid to throw on. 

"Hey kid, sit right here and put these on. Whatever happens, you own it, got it?" He'd narrow his brows upon the kid as he settled into his new spot. "While you're at it, kick me over your shoes, too." He'd whisper and lean to take the clean boots as they were thrown to him.

"Whew, crisis adverted." That smile curled at the corners of his lips again as he'd sit comfortably, brows narrowing upon EvelynReed , the nerve!

Dominick's brows perked as he heard the boss, Utopiaspeak, "Oh yeah, those damn clowns are around here somewhere. It's Evelyn's doing, for sure! Redheads boss, redheads. Tsk."

Report Post Tip

Evelyn stood there for a moment as Drogo was still immersed in the cleaning of his gun. He looked up at her briefly before going back down to his gun. Not a word was said there was just utter silence, Evelyn ran her hand through her hair and shot him a look of confusion. With a shrug of her shoulders she turned around just in time to see Dominick convincing some poor new possible recruit right out of his boots. 

"I swear, some of these new recruits would do anything just to gain a nod" Evelyn said to herself as she shook her head. She couldn't let him to that to the new guy, hell that is something he might get shot for.

Since she wasn't getting anywhere with Drogo, apparently he wanted to be left alone with his gun, she decided to go over and bother Dominick some. He was one of those people, was something about him that she just had to bother him when ever possible and this was the opportune time.

In order to get over to where he was at she had to go around the dice game, which was growing at a rapid rate. She tired to make her way over there but there were just too many bodies in the way. "Excuse me guys!" BaconSandwich stood up quickly, moved forward a tad giving her enough room to pass. She watched as he reached for his pocket, took out a couple hundreds and threw them on the ground. She could hear him shouting "$500, come on $500, who wants it?"

Evelyn smirked. "Only if it were that easy to pull that kind of money out of your pocket."

Just then she could hear someone in the doorway. Looking up she noticed Anthony_Mitchell with a wad of cash in his hand.

"I'll take that bet, I'll take it!" He rushed over to the game, almost knocking Evelyn off her feet to get there.

She braced herself on a chair, which was the only thing that kept her on her feet. "What the hell Anthony, take it easy will you." With a huff and a puff she continued on towards Dominick. He sat there trying to fit in the shoes he convinced the new recruit to switch with him. Taking a seat next to Dominick, she patted him on the leg and laughed.

"You know that plan only works when the shoes actually fit, right?" The pair looked down, his feet looked like they were about to explode out of the shoes. "Relax your feet, I dare you." She knew he couldn't and if he did those things would explode like a car bomb.

"Utopia, don't believe him. Have a look, those damn things don't even fit him. You just like myself know it was our friend here who tracked that mud all throughout the mansion."

Report Post Tip

Anthony rushes through the door pushing past Evelyn nearly knocking her down as he made his way to the dice game tossing $500 on top of Bacon's bet. "hope your ready to lose" He smiled waiting for his turn. 

Report Post Tip

Dominick was working the boot the best he could, different angles and loosening them completely. However, the boot just wouldn't fit! He'd grind and clench his teeth as he'd finally manage, however at the expense of the boot tearing slight at the stitching! He'd pause as he was just about to start on his second boot, hearing that dreaded familiar voice come near, it was EvelynReed . It just had to be her! He'd curse beneath his breath as he'd go right back to fitting the second boot, in the same manner, the fabric overwhelmed and busting from all sorts of odd places. It'd simply just have to do.

He'd shoot the new recruit a wink, "You're going to go far kid, keep up the good work." His expression slipped from his face as he'd glance up to Evelyn as she neared, and took a seat at his side. He'd curl his bottom lip, clenching it between his teeth as she immediately went for the comment to his shoes.

"Evelyn, I-.. I can't." He'd growl, "My feet swelled right up, I think it was the sudden change in weather or something. How about all this mud, huh? Such a mess." His eyes went wide as she called for the boss to investigate his new boots further. "Oh come on, let's work something out, what do you say? You can help me out of this mess."

He was at his wits end, and she just kept pinning his every attempt. "We've got the cleaning crew around, don't we, one of them is pretty fond you, right?"

Report Post Tip

Evelyn smirked towards Dominick, it wasn't often that he actually asked her for some help. Actually it had never happened, this flustered her a bit. He mind started to drift away in thought.

"Did he really just ask for my help? What's going on here? I wonder if he is starting to go delirious, I mean these walls here will do it to you. That's exactly what it has to be..."

She felt someone give her a nudge, quickly she snapped out of her thoughts. It was Dominick, he had asked her a question but for the life of her she had no clue what he had asked. With a puzzled looked she spoke up to him. "Huh? What did you say?" She watched as he glanced back at the bossman then back towards her.

"We've got that cleaning crew around, don't we? Isn't one of them pretty fond of you?"

Evelyn had to think for a moment, she was quite friendly with almost everyone. Well that is until you someone pisses her off, which tends to happen quite easily.

"I think, I know who you are talking about. Do you really need my help with this?"

Report Post Tip

Dominick hesitated a moment as he noticed EvelynReed suddenly lost in thought. What was with this girl? He'd look back to the boss man, seeing as he was distracted, it was the best chance he had to rectify the situation! He'd simply stare at Evelyn another moment as she returned back to reality.

"Ah, welcome back. I forgot, how gravity doesn't have an effect on the soulless." He'd mutter before giving her a nudge. "Nah, I'll just take care of it before the boss notices. Thanks for your diligence on the matter." He'd laugh softly, he found it amusing, she was odd and was always conjuring some sort of banter. It'd only be another moment before he moved to an idle mop in the corner of the room. However, in that first step, a loud rip could be heard, his boots! "Ah, fuck." He'd force a swallow as he looked down, his toes now hanging from the front of the boot. He'd only shake his head as he'd put that mop to work, quickly undoing the muddy mess he had left behind. A look given to Evelyn as he'd put a little elbow grease into the work, surely the boss wouldn't notice the mess!

Dominick glanced over to Utopia , a smile curling upon his lips as he noticed the man was still in conversation and making his rounds. Perfect. It'd only be another moment, making it to the front of The Mansion, finishing the deed. He'd return the mop bucket and mop where he had found it, and sit right back where he was before.

"No more mess, what now?" He'd arch a brow and glance over to Evelyn, offering a playful wink as he'd lift arms over his head, kicking back as he was before. His toes still breaching the boot, fabric torn and beaten. He certainly looked like he robbed them from a bum.

A tumble of laughter escaped his lips as he'd call out to the boss, "I'm not sure what she's talking about! She's been a bit out of it lately, boss, maybe we could get Hit to do some counseling with her? I hear he has some great techniques and or methods."

Report Post Tip

Evelyn watched in awe as Dominick mopped the floor, it was the hardest and most diligently she had ever seen him do anything... anything. He was like a man possessed, perhaps he actually was possessed. It would and could all make sense. He would often speak about riding around on a Velociraptor in the streets of Chicago, double fisting two American flags while chanting USA..USA...

Evelyn chuckled to herself. "Such a crazy guy, would love to see where he would get one of those Velociraptors considering there are none."

As he sat down and commented on what mess she was talking she peered towards the hallway. It was indeed spotless, actually cleaner then she had ever seen it.

"I tell you what Dominick, the floor looks good. Though I will say that's the hardest and quickest I have ever seen you do anything. You might want to double check yourself, cause I don't think you are actually you anymore." Evelyn ran her hand through her red luscious hair, giving her scalp a tiny scratch. 

"I got it! I know how to figure this out." She sat up and looked right into his eyes. "Say something nice to me."

The room went silent, the dice game paused for a moment as everyone turned their heads towards the pair. Utopia who was in the process of showing the new recruit Seraph stopped as well as they all waited to hear what he had to say.

Report Post Tip

Dominick basked in the moment, thoroughly enjoying the rewards of his feat, plenty of free time for himself! All without any more pressure from Evelyn, there was no way she could ruin it now! He'd look over the other members of The Mansion, a dice game, another cleaning their piece, and some other staring out the window. He had only began to lose himself in thought, leaving reality, imagining the prideful day that would come, reigning across a battlefield upon a prehistoric beast. One day, he'd think to himself. He'd find the reptiles in some undiscovered cave, or land.

Just as quickly as he left reality, he was drawn right back to it, by none other than.. Yes, EvelynReed . A long, drawn out sigh tumbled past his lips as he heard the redhead a moment. A smirk tugging at the corner of his lips as he'd turn slightly, meeting her gaze with his. "Yeah, that's because I cleaned it, can't expect anything less, ya know." He'd nod and scoff. "I'm all me, and then some." He'd reassure her.

He'd narrow his brows, a bit confused as she'd shift a bit, and turn to him. "What do you mean? It's already been sol-.. You're not serious are you.." His gaze lingered, trained upon hers for a few moments before he'd force a swallow as an eerie silence overcame the room. He'd blink, and slowly turn, finding everyone lending their attention to the event. Thank God the boss was about with the newest member, Seraph.

Dominick's jaw clenched at the proposition, something nice? Evelyn? Dammit. She just had to infringe upon his moment! He'd nod, mustering enough strength to give the idea a thought. He'd turn some toward her, forcing a smile to her. "Evelyn, you're.. Uh-h.." He'd curl his bottom lip, giving it a brief bite as his mind reeled, scrambling for the right word to satisfy the attention of everyone.

"You're.. something nice." A sigh trailed his words in relief. He had done exactly as she asked, 'say something nice'. Right? No wrong! Whew. Crisis adverted x2. That makes one hell of a day. That smile sat broad upon his lips as he looked to her, quite impressed with himself!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Day at the Mansion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL