Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 09:59:32
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A night for adventure Started by: Daniella on Jan 24, '17 02:47

Daniella stared down at the blueprints of the museum that had been rolled out onto the table all day. She had been holed up in her family’s headquarters, planning their next big heist, for what seemed like days but if they could pull this off, the payoff would be worth it. She took a pencil that had been stuck behind her ear and made a few marks on the paper before glancing at the time. A few of her crew had started to filter in already, as Daniella had instructed them to be here at a specific time in order to get instructions for the night ahead.

This heist had been in the works for a few days now, since Daniella had gotten tipped off that a famous art piece was being brought to the states to be hung in their local art museum here in Chicago. Apparently some rich snobs had fought over it and it had almost ended up in New York but luckily for her, it didn’t. She had a source inside the museum, someone she could pay off for information when needed and according to him tonight was the night to get this done; the painting would be put out on display tomorrow and after that it would become much more difficult to steal.

Daniella chatted quietly with a few members while waiting for the meeting to begin. Dressed casually in navy blue pants and a white sweater, her hair was worn in a braid that fell down her back. She stood in the center of the room and called everyone to attention.

“All right guys, we’ve got a good opportunity on our hands here. This painting is worth millions and we have the chance to get our hands on it. It will be a small operation but everyone will have a part to play. I need at least one get away driver, parked outside. Someone else will be parked a block away, keeping lookout for any potential trouble. Those of us on the inside will be entering here,” She pointed at a section of the blue prints, where she’d marked a dotted line along the path they would take. “The painting is in this office, ready to be hung up tomorrow. The only potential trouble is the night watchman. He makes rounds every half hour but my source tells me after midnight he tends to sit in his office and sleep for a while. His office is here.” Daniella pointed to another mark on the blueprints, uncomfortably close to the office. “We’ll need someone to hang out nearby in case he decides to skip his nap tonight.”

Daniella grinned as she looked around the room, proud of her crew for stepping up for this opportunity. “This should be an easy one. We get in, we get the painting, we get out. Any questions?”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Dezi understand the basics for the operation.. running something similar for other smaller crimes she commited. "So im down for either going through and watching the guard napping and or going with you to get the painting! " Thinking that it would be best if Viral or @Chucky-Jr go with her to assist in gathering the painting. That and with @Viral's small frame it would be useful getting into tight places she thought. 

Report Post Tip

Ohhh ohhh ohhhh question! Pick me Daniella. Viral jumps up and down while waving her hands frantically. What kind of painting are we looking for? Because like. It has to have a Feng shuiiiiiiii Viral enlongating the word just to be funny about it! It totally has to be pretty. Because if we're putting it up in the crew room. Which we're totally not doing *ahem* it has to look cute.

Also hey. Daniella. What are we wearing for this crime? Are we getting catsuits? Or ninjas? What about ninja cats? Are we wearing something tight or loose fitting. Because like. This is all important to the crime!

Report Post Tip

Charles, also known as Pretty Boy Floyd was new to the scene. He recently moved from Los Angeles to Chicago after his dad died. He always wanted to follow in his father's footsteps. His father used to be a big mob figure in Los Angeles. So a life of crime was something he was pretty much born into. His rap sheet mostly consisted out of petty crimes such as robbery and selling drugs, so being part of the mafia was a huge step up for him. As a youngster coming up on the scene, he really felt the urge to prove himself. So when Don @Daniella announced a meeting in the headquarters, he knew it would be something of importance.

Charles pulled up in his Cadillac. He got out of the car, walked inside the headquarters and knocked on the door. He noticed a bunch of family members had already gathered inside. Charles took off his jacket and hat and calmly sat down. After a few minutes the Don stepped into the center of the room and called everyone to attention. Everyone was all ears. Charles was listening intently to what the Don had to say. After a few seconds it became clear to him. A heist? He had never been a part of something that big. But he was excited nonetheless, and he really could use the money. This could be an opportunity for him to prove himself.

As soon as he heard "I need at least one get away driver, parked outside." he knew he would be the man for the job. Ever since he was a little kid he had always been fascinated by cars. Considering his father always brought home the most expensive and fastest cars, he had always dreamed of driving one of those cars himself one day. Whether it was racing cars or fixing cars, it didn't matter to him. It was something he always did in his spare time. Charles currently owned a 1928 Cadillac V8 Town Sedan. He patiently waited for the Don to finish her speech.  

"This should be an easy one. We get in, we get the painting, we get out. Any questions?" she asked. Charles raised his hand and said "Yes ma'am. I'll be your getaway driver, no problem."

Report Post Tip

Daniella was excited to see the level of feedback she was getting from her crew. They were all relatively new at work together so this would be one of their first big jobs together. The smile on her face was genuine as she looked at each person who spoke. @Dezi was first, volunteering to be flexible. “Great. We’ll see how it goes when we get to the guard and decide for sure then, but you’ll be tapped to stay with him. If he wakes up from his little night time nap, find a way to distract him but try not to shoot, that could be heard from the street and might bring unwanted attention.”

@Viral was next, her questions causing Daniella to laugh. “Hell if I know what kind of painting. An expensive one and hopefully a pretty one. We can’t really hang it in the crew room, we’d be better off selling it, but maybe for a day or two. Just because.” Daniella shrugged; why not let them enjoy it if they managed to steal it? Then again, she wasn’t sure it was worth any damage being done if someone decided to get a little too drunk one night. “And in terms of what you’re wearing, something dark and comfortable. Other than that, be adventurous.”

Last was @PrettyBoyFloyd, volunteering to be the getaway driver. “Perfect. We’ll leave in 20 minutes, give a chance for a few others to volunteer if they want. We’ll all meet out front and head to the museum. The entrance we’ll be using is around the back, I managed to bribe an employee to accidentally forget to lock the door behind them on their way out. Make sure your weapons are ready but no using them unless we have too, too much noise will attract too much attention.”

Daniella waited for everyone to file out before she left the room herself, making sure her gun and some extra ammo were ready to bring with her. She waited only about 15 minutes before heading out front to wait by the car – after all, she wanted to set a good example and be on time.

Report Post Tip

Dezi listens as @Daniella gives everyone around feedback on what they would like to do as far as roles for the crime. Being uncertain of what will happen or what will become of this crime if we can pull it off it will take every last bit of her determination to do her very best. 

"Sure thing, Boss!" As she replies to her previous questions. "Im assuming that its going to be a good 30 minute operation if not more from looking at the layout of the gallery" She ponders and nods her head in agreement.  I think that its going to be a great heist. 
Daniella dismisses the crowd so we can get ready. I wonder down to my room and get ready, making sure my piece is clean and loaded.. who knows what all is going to happen. 

I grab my light jacket and go through the headquarter doors; I see Don Daniella waiting by the car with @PrettyBoyFloyd relaxing behind the wheel.. mentally preparing himself for the evening ahead.  I stretch and double check to make sure that im all ready and i pull out a cigarette and light it.. inhaling deeply. "I- Im all ready to go, Boss!" I said stutteringly. Man i didn't think that something this big was so stressful, but i was quite nervous and excited to see what all would happen.

Report Post Tip

Charles was assigned to be the getaway driver. His first big job, and a chance to finally be able to prove himself. As excited as he was, he couldn't help but to feel a little nervous at the same time. First thing he needed to do was plan an escape route. He was looking at a quick getaway, so it all came down to speed and precision.  

"Perfect. We’ll leave in 20 minutes." the Don said. Not a lot of time, so he needed to act fast. Charles left the headquarters as soon as the meeting was adjourned. He walked over to his car and grabbed a M1921 Tommygun from the backseat. He made sure the gun was fully loaded and ready to fire. This would definitely come in handy in case of an emergency. He grabbed a map to look at all the possible options.

He noticed Don Daniella was approaching in his rear-view mirror. She walked over to the car and tapped on the window. "It's open." Charles said, as he signalled her to get in. Don Daniella got in the front seat. "I'm looking at all the possible escape routes, in case I have to improvise." he said. "Oh yeah, and I got a little insurance in the backseat. Just a little extra firepower just in case." Charles said with a grin.

Dezi walked over towards the car and got in the backseat and lit up a cigarette. They were still awaiting Viral's arrival. So far this job consisted out of a group of 4 people. Going over the instructions given by Don Daniella, Charles couldn't help but notice that they were missing something. "Okay, so we have a getaway driver, that's me. Someone to distract the guard, that's Dezi. And two on the inside, that would be Daniella and Viral. I think we are a man short, if not two." Charles said.

Report Post Tip

When Daniella reach the car, she saw Charles was already there and waiting for them. She knocked on the window before getting into the front seat. She saw he’d been studying a map and was glad he’d thought to do that. She couldn’t help but smile at the reference to some extra fire power that was being brought along with them. “Good, we need everything we can get, just in case. And also smart to plan out several routes back to HQs, if the alarms go off the coppers are gonna try to block us in.” It only took a few minutes for Dezi to join in, hopping into the car. While waiting for Viral, they reviewed the plan.

“You’re right, I was hoping a few more people were going to show up tonight but I know a few of my usual people aren’t in Chicago right now. So before I came out here I made a call over to the Academy and Don Mouseycop is going to get some of her people to meet us there. Plus, you really never know who might show up, I’m sure we’re not the only ones that have heard about this painting being here tonight. We’re just gonna have to be prepared for anything.”

She really hoped they were; she didn’t feel like competing with any other crime syndicates tonight. But one could never really be too sure, a painting this valuable would be a hot commodity and this would be their last chance to get their hands on it. They waited a few more minutes for Viral to join them and then Daniella motioned for Charles to hit the road. “All right ladies and gent, let’s go have some fun.”

Report Post Tip

When Kakuzu got word of the job going down for a paint robbery, he was intrigued as he flashed a short grin as he was already prepared with a sidearm hidden under his coat with nothing but a finer suit underneath. Kakuzu thought it would be a better way of being recognized among other crews and among other associates. Nothing appreciated him finer than a grab for respect and authority, though with this job many more risks came along with it but that was something he was prepared to face even under the most "dire" circumstances. On his way to hit the road he slid in the driver seat of his car as he shut the door after him and started up the car. Considering he was at his home, no one else was gonna just come flagging him down in his direction; at least so he thought. He began to hit the road and drive off towards the gallery assigned of where the job was gonna go down.

"Nothing like a finer job to train the intelligence of a man."

Kakuzu briefly said by himself, he took several routes and checked behind him to ensure he wasn't being followed by someone who would prove of trouble, trusty precision is the devil's game. Upon ahead he saw the gallery of where it was all gonna go down, silent night approach. Who else would've saw it coming? Not like anyone that's currently inside protecting the place would understand. He parked down the street and slowly drove into a spot where his car could hide under the shadow of the night. He maneuvered his hands across his lap as he patiently was waiting for the people he know won't pose a threat to his well being would arrive.

Report Post Tip

Rubix was chowing down on some discarded meat that had missed the dumpster of the Italian restaurant. He heard a car pull near the dumpster and engage the parking brake. He poked his head out to see who it was and much to his surprise it was one of his friends Kakuzu. He was sitting upright at attention, looking for something or someone in every direction except the dumpster.

Rubix moved quietly towards the car, his short body allowed him to move around the back of the car completely undetected. He approached the drivers side window and jumped up onto the car peering into the window and scaring the absolute living shit out of Kakuzu. 

Rubix had no idea why he was here but  he was happy to see him. He wagged his tail, hoping Kakuzu would open up the car door and let him inside. 

Report Post Tip

Kakuzu had his heart stop for a moment as he found Rubix, he wondered what he was doing around here this late, though to no avail, there was no harm in company. He opened his driver door to let Rubix hop in the car as he kept an eye out through the window for any arrivals or maybe even the night watchman taking a stroll outside, he wanted first dibs though he didn't want it to be such an early hit. Had he gone in by himself, it would be unfair for everyone else.

He let his view change to look at Rubix.

"I wonder what you're doing here so late at night. Though, I guess you needed to explore." Kakuzu said quietly in order to not spook anyone else.

Report Post Tip

Rubix listened as Kakuzu spoke in his human language, he causally swiped his tail back and forth, excited to have a friend. He watched Kakuzu keep an eye out for the rest of the gang and Rubix decided to do the same. The duo sat silently, scanning the roads for movement. 

Impressed at Rubix's lookout abilities, Kakuzu patted Rubix gently on the head which eventually turned into a light scratch behind the ear. Rubix's rear foot began to twitch as his friend itched that spot he always had trouble getting. 

Then Rubix jumped to attention as he heard a vehicle approaching. He jumped into Kakuzu's lap to get a better view and the two of them stared out the window hoping to recognize the vehicle. It pulled to a stop a little ways down the street but kept its headlights on which nearly blinded Kakuzu and Rubix. 

Report Post Tip

Kakuzu's eyesight was nearly shorted as the bright light flashed upon him exposing his shadow cover. He stared ahead as he tried to figure out who it was, it was either someone from the job setup or a rival crime syndicate getting here first before anyone else does, he kept his sidearm ready in case we were about to be ambushed. Kakuzu patted Rubix's head as a sign of comfort.

Kakuzu's left hand was set under his coat as he kept a firm grip on his gun. He wasn't taking any surprises considering he was already aware, but who would make themselves so obvious for a job like this?

Report Post Tip

Yahoooooo-Kakuuuuuuuuu viral said as she twirled towards him in her dark tutu. As she spun towards the light gettling closer she noticed him gripping his gun like he was on edge. Now now Kaky is that any way to greet a fellow damsel in crime? I know it's the black tutu isn't it? Daniella wanted me to wear something dark but comfortable soooo this is the only thing I could find at the time. Just kidding! It's pretty cute though, right? Nobody would ever expect this. ER MAH GERD is that RUBIX?! Hiya poochie! Viral said as she started petting him. You're such a good boy! Okay so! Where's this painting at? 

What's the looks for? I know I know. I'm a little late. But you don't understand! I got caught up looking at all the pretty paintings and pictures. Hey hey hey can we take more than one home? 

Report Post Tip

After arriving at our destination, i hop out of the car with viral.. noticing kakuzu at first glance sitting in his car a few feet away.. thought it would be nice to say hello and then quickly scope out the area.. to make sure that nobody was tailing Charles as he setup the car for an escape plan. "Good evening Kakuzu " Dezi said and then she sees Rubix pop up from his lap as he whines and wags his tail at Viral. "Oh what a good boy you have there" She said and pulls out a dried beef snack that she was saving for later to give Rubix. "Be a good boy tonight we have lots of work to do!" She says cheerfully to him. 

She looks back and seems to see that the coast is clear so she can go where everyone else is meeting up at the rendevouz area so that Don Daniella can start going over any thing extra that we have going on for tonight. 

Report Post Tip

Viral says with a pouty face. Baaaaaaabe! That was my beef stick! She glares at Rubix and growls at him.

Yeah, so what's the plan, Daniella?

Report Post Tip

Rubix was halfway through the beef stick that Dezi was so kind to hand him that he barely noticed the human, Viral growling at him. He barely noticed but still noticed. He eyed her up, watching, as she was watching his beef stick. Then he chomped down again, finishing the rest of it.

Rubix was so happy that all of his friends were showing up unexpectedly while he was on his nightly routine of beating the homeless men to first pickings. He wagged his tail frantically waiting until Kakuzu finally opened the door. Rubix dashed around to all the people and propped his paws up on the front of the hood of the other car where the mobsters were gathering to finalize last minute plans. Rubix had been out all evening and this was the first he had heard of things but he had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Plus he was a super good listener and loyal as anything. Need something buried? Rubix was really good at doing that for his friends. He waited patiently for Daniella to make any last minute changes before reaching the point of no return. 

Report Post Tip

Kakuzu was always shy around heavy company, though he didn't show it but his facial expressions would say different as he mostly the quiet one of the group though with that came focus, something no one gave him credit for. He was considering to make a stand during this job to show that he can prove intelligence and concentration beat any other skill. He kept waiting for Daniella with the rest of the group while patting Rubix and leading that into a scratch behind the ear as he eats the beef stick. Though what confused him was him being out here at night.

"I still wonder where she is.."

Report Post Tip

Hey tall, dark, and gloomy. Whatcha worrying about? Let's have fun before things get serious! Viral says as she points towards an exhibit of extinct animals over that way! She says while getting on her tippy toes pointing towards a sign. We should totally go play fetch with some of the bones with Rubix while we wait. She turns to Dezi as she wraps her arms around her. Can we babe? Pleeeease! She says as she winks her eyes. Oh oh oh or maybe we can take one of the cars here for a ride! I'm also pretty hungry too! Do they have anything to eat in this joint? Space stuff has always been my interest too. Think we can go check it out?! 

Report Post Tip

Kakuzu let out a small sigh, he looked over at Viral. He was awfully surprised by her being awfully mouthy. But then again, in this case we have been doing nothing but watching the same thing for the past hour, time was ticking slowly but progress is temptation that seems to fall on no eager mind. Her ideas weren't far fetched since Rubix looked like fun was his thing, energetic as it seemed, that was no problem that couldn't be sparked up. But Kakuzu wouldn't mind wanting to get the job done instead of sitting around.

Kakuzu decided to maneuver himself out of his own car, while he caught a short glimpse of the exhibit that Viral was pointing to earlier, might as well do something while no one is around, worse thing that can happen is the watchman comes out of nowhere and get the gang in trouble, but there was never a reason for him to come outside unless someone gave him a reason. Kakuzu trusted someone wouldn't do anything stupid that would get us all in something that we wouldn't enjoy. Things can go south both ways and even a rookie knows that goes both ways.

"I suppose Rubix could use the energy. Still have been sitting here for the past hour doing nothing so I might as well stretch myself out, you're just as energetic as Rubix in a way." Kakuzu said as he rubbed the back of his neck, beginning to take a look around his surroundings as he leaned himself back on the vehicle waiting for an idea to actually become the plan.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A night for adventure
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL