Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 21:24:28
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Getting Lucky Started by: ScreamingButterfly on Apr 30, '10 00:01

ScreamingButterfly sat in her apartment overlooking the Hudson River. She had a glass of wine in hand that she sipped from time to time. Night was falling on the great city of New York and she loved watching the sunset from the bench along this window. Some nights she would read a book while sitting here, others she would just sit and think. Tonight was a thinking night. Scream thought back to the day one young gentleman approached her about joining her crew. He was one of the most well spoken and respectful men who had come to her that day.

It was her third day of having her own crew and she still remembered it well. This young man had come and explained what sort of qualities he would bring with him. Over the following days and weeks he proved he was as wonderful of a mobster as he promised he would be. Although she could not have asked any more of him while he was in her headquarters, there was one more thing she could ask of him from outside. She summoned him to her place to share the new request. When he arrived, she started right in.

I am glad you could make it so quickly. I hope I did not interrupt anything on your end. I have called you here because Godfather Deimne has given me the nod to set up a captain crew within the city of New York. Phelix and I have talked this over and believe you have shown you would be more than capable and extremely brilliant for this position. Are you willing?

The man sat in disbelief for a moment, absorbing this new opportunity. Finally he spoke I'd love to do it!

Scream asked him to get everything in order and let her know when had found a place of business and someone to stand at his side. When everything was in place, she stepped out to announce to everyone else the newest captain within the city of New York.

Fellow Mafiosi it is a wonderful day here in New York. I am pleased to be able to introduce you to my captain. Please join me in welcoming Shamroc to the leadership ranks here on the East Coast.

Report Post Tip

congratulations captain shamroc. i am sure you will do new york proud.

Report Post Tip

Nathaniel listens to his Don speak, and announce the new bold for his city. He ponders the decision for a moment then speaks his mind.

Congratulations Shamroc. From the start I always knew you had it in you. I wish you the best of luck in your assistance with running our great city. I'm sure you will do an excellent job.

Don't forget where you came from ;)

Report Post Tip

Gaius listens to screamingbutterfly's speach and smiles, no better man for the job he thought to himself. Pulling a cigarette from a pack in his pocket he inhales and walks over to Shamroc shaking the man's hand furiously.

Well done, and congratulations! I'm sure you'll do well!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to Shamroc.I am sure you will do well

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Shamroc! Well deserved. You are one of the few reasons my blood line continues to come to these shores.

Report Post Tip

Legolas walks out onto the streets because he notices ScreamingButterfly is talking.  As he listens to her speech he notices that she is authing someone.  As he listens closer now to see who is getting authed he realises it is his good friend.

Congrats Shamroc, you are fit to be a leader.  I can't wait to see what you do with your family in New York.  I know you will do great, and will enjoy watching you get past the many endeavours.

Report Post Tip

Hearing about the impending auth, Tyrion wandered down the familiar streets to Scream's plush headquarters on the river. He listened as she introduced Shamroc to his new role and to the waiting city. He approached the new leader and shook his hand warmly.

I'm very pleased to see this day arrive for you. I have heard many fine things about you and well, I've always had a soft spot for the Irish bloodlines. You've shown great promise and in return Scream has shown you great faith. I hope to see you thrive and prosper and become another fine example of New York life and value. The very best of luck to you.

After shaking Shamroc's hand once more, he embraced Scream and kissed her on either cheek before heading off into toward street once more.

Report Post Tip

Major Congratz there Shamroc. Havent had the pleasure of talking to you much but I hear nothing but great things about you. I have no doubts you will do fine pal. Best wishes to you.

Report Post Tip

Congrats Sham! Great luck for doing well with a new family in New York.

Report Post Tip

Baby listened to ScreamingButterfly's speech, smiling brightly. She was so very proud of her friend and mentor, Shamroc. She clapped at the end of the speech and then reached out for Shamroc's hand.

Congratulations!! This is a most wonderful moment and I know you are going to do amazing!!

Report Post Tip

Congratulation, Shamroc. I know you will do well. You were a much better choice than that silly cat.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Shamroc, your ancestors would be very proud of you. Enjoy New York.

Report Post Tip

After waiting for Don Screaming to finish speaking, Chade steps forth.

Congratulations Shamroc.

I know that you will do New York proud, and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Shamroc

Very well done.

Report Post Tip

Shamroc, with a huge smile stretching from ear to ear, waves and shakes the hands of those who greet and congratulate him. He thinks to himself, “Wow. I can’t believe it. Me? A 4’11’’ leprechaun gettin’ authed in New York? What are the odds?”

As the eyes of those around him try to focus on the mobster, Shamroc stands on the tips of his toes so that everyone can see him. He clears his throat and begins talking.

Top o’ the mornin’ to ya. These past couple o’ days have been quite excitin’ for me.  I can’t begin to describe how thrilled I was when I first heard about gettin’ authed.  Sayin’ that I was shocked is an understatement.  There aren’t many opportunities given to set up a family in this amazin’ city. It isn’t somethin’ to take lightly.

Still smiling, Shamroc looks at the people in the streets, making sure he isn’t putting anyone to sleep.

Well, I really don’t want to bore ya. I know how busy our lives can be and I understand how repetitive things like this can get. Let me just finish by thankin’ my wonderful boss, ScreamingButterfly. She is one hell of a woman. If ya lads need someone extremely friendly, well-rounded, and beautiful to talk to, then look no more. She is a great cook too.

He shoots a wink at the lovely lady standing next to him.

I also want to thank Godfather Deimne for givin’ her the chance to set up a captain. I hope to make you all proud by leading my captaincy family, known as The Intoxicated Lucky Charms.

As he finishes his sentence, a raindrop falls on his nose from the sky overhead.  Moving into the area, a rain cloud passes just below the sun. Sprinkles fill the city.

Moments later, a rainbow forms above. Shamroc gazes at the multicolored sight and thinks, “Heh, the luck of the Irish. Maybe this is a sign.” While he looks at the colors, he traces his eyes with the outline of the rainbow, finally meeting down at the street where he is standing. Sure enough, twenty feet away sits a large pot of gold, his pot of gold. Suddenly, Shamroc’s RHM, Legolas, darts from the crowd towards it screaming,

Yay! Pay Day!

Legolas jumps head first into the pot. Frustrated, Shamroc yells,

No Legolas! We’ve been over this. No Pay Day…and get the hell out o’ there. That’s mine!

Before leaving the crowd still standing in front of him, Shamroc briefly says,

Thank you for all of your time. 

The rain ends and the rainbow disappears, along with the pot of gold. He rushes after Legolas who now runs away with his pockets full of Shamroc’s gold.

Report Post Tip

Marley exhales smoke as he watches the leprechaun speak before the crowd.

Marley looks at his joint and than the leprechaun and thinks to himself, "This has got to be the good shit!".

Congratz!

Report Post Tip

Congrats Shamroc! Well deserved and you be a great Caption in this fare city of New York.

CheeseGremlin

Report Post Tip

Congrats Shamroc! Well deserved and you be a great Caption in this fare city of New York.

CheeseGremlin

Report Post Tip

Congrats, Shamroc! You deserve the advancement!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Getting Lucky
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL