Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 11:31:24
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Leaving a family. Started by: Squishy on May 05, '10 18:02

You can now leave a family without having to buy out.  There is no notification sent to anyone that you have left.  It is up to them to spot it.

Report Post Tip

Interesting change Squishy, though wouldn't this make desertion a more prevalent occurence now, especially during war?

It also counters the old adage, "once you're in, you're in"

Report Post Tip

Interesting. Think we'll see a lot more dead people around these parts.

Report Post Tip

If the only thing keeping 'em in a family is the cost of leaving... not really 'family' to begin with.

Interesting change. Be very keen to see how this might impact on gameplay in different scenarios.

Report Post Tip

I don't like it, but for the wrong reasons. :p

I agree that it adds realism.

Report Post Tip

I like it... it gives people liberty... and more work for the hitters hehe. Good change as far i am concerned.

Report Post Tip

fantastic..so the "hostage problem" in the CL dies RHM takes over issue will be put into end.

Report Post Tip

This will definitely put an interesting dynamic on things and will put a new spin on the political side of the game. Not sure if I like it either, but like CrazyNine said it's for all the wrong reasons. Then again if all the game changes were 100% favorable, things would be pretty dull. Great change IMO!

Report Post Tip

I'd have to agree with the majority here. A great change that will only negatively impact any CL who happen to forgot who their members are.

Also, Money has never been a serious issue with those determined to buy out. However, that small financial annoyance for legitimate buy outs is a welcome removal!

Report Post Tip

I think that the CL should have the right to know if a family member left

this could aso start some wars so maybe thats the point I guess we'll all see

Report Post Tip

Any CL worth his salt knows who their members are, and could easily deduce when someone has broken ranks.

Report Post Tip

I like this change, not saying I want to leave, I love the family I'm in.

Ritzo you said, "It also counters the old adage, "once you're in, you're in"."  That's not exactly true in the real mafia.  Take Sammy "The Bull" for instance.  He use to be in the Genovese family before he was sent to the Gambino family.

Report Post Tip

Even if you hold true that "once you're in, you're in", if you're stupid enough to leave the family, you'll get what's coming to you.

Report Post Tip

Agreed, unless aproved of course.

And I would like to take this time to correct myself, not that it matters but Sammy "The Bull" was in the Colombo family not Genovese.

Report Post Tip

interesting change for sure

Report Post Tip

Nothing has really changed with this.

You never used to get notifications for anything.

As CrazyNine has stated, I'm fairly certain those who would have bought out before can still buy out now and will still encounter the same consequences.

Report Post Tip

Great change, and for political and devious reasons. As mercury had said any Cl who is worth having that Bold name knows who their members are

Report Post Tip

I've always wondered why there is always such harsh consequences for buying out and switching families. Especially since before Made Man you're not technically considered part of the family. For example:

Mobster A joins Crew leader A, Crew leader A turns out to not be all that he claims to be. Mobster A becomes chums with Crew leader B, Mobster A wants out of Crew leader A's family and leaves. Crew leader A is all pissed at Mobster A and maybe even Crew leader B. Crew leader B agrees with Crew leader A and Mobster A is killed.

Maybe not the best way to get out what I'm trying to say, but my point is that maybe going to a new crew isn't so bad especially if they're still Wise Guy or lower. I've seen many times leaders let members go for RH/LH positions but not for other reasons that could be just as worthwhile.

Maybe compare New York to Las Vegas. New York is an empire a very dominant city but also has the most members therefor, more competition to move up. Maybe allowing a member to transfer to Las Vegas would give that mobster a better chance at achieving their goals?

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Report Post Tip

Although what you are saying is true about a wise guy not being in the real family, the Crew Leader A that you speak of has taken in this mobster and offered him a home, so to buy out because he doesn't like him, shows a lot of disrespect for him, and also Crew Leader B, shouldn't even offer him a place, knowing that he has just bought out of a crew.

And to achieve your goals in, like you say, New York is harder than LV, you have to work harder, but it is a lot more rewarding when you finally do what you wanted, rather than putting in no work, and then getting the position, at least thats what I find :)

But this is a good change, it has made it easier for people to move into different families if one family is disbanding, they can easily move the members to different homes, rather than them being homeless for a period of time that could leave them vulnerable.

Report Post Tip

Although what you are saying is true about a wise guy not being in the real family, the Crew Leader A that you speak of has taken in this mobster and offered him a home, so to buy out because he doesn't like him, shows a lot of disrespect for him, and also Crew Leader B, shouldn't even offer him a place, knowing that he has just bought out of a crew.

On the flip side of that... That wiseguy has chosen that CL to give his money to, while not even being in the family.  If that CL wants to hold a non member hostage, especially after the amount of money that the guy kicks up to a family that he isn't even in... then who is the real disrespectful dick here?

Many crewleaders egos swell up to historical proportions when they become bold.  I think they forget that every day that goes by they should be thankful for their members, and especially for the nonmembers who really are gift horses.

It is of my opinion that anyone who is not family, should be able to leave the crew without consequences unless they received something in the crew that requires them still "owing" (like BGs).

Let me ask you this.  In all of your time playing, how many families have shown you their crew rules before you got your invite?  Most likely, 0.  So you are forced to agree to them, without even looking at them :)  How many have shared what their tax % are at beforehand, probably 0. Every day, a new user gets stuck in a family with a cocky RHM, or with an ego inflated CL, or some douchey LHM, none of this was obvious before the user got into the crew.  If he wants to leave, he is killed.  Great policy guy!  Now I get this - if you hand raise him from a pup and hes now a high rank... sure.... But non family members should not be held hostage.  That is just my own personal belief.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Leaving a family.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL