Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 23:37:38
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
A big day for an old man Started by: Sherminator on May 06, '10 10:06

As the Sherminator returns from a short business trip to Los Angeles, petting his brand new gun from an excellent gun shop over there, he notices a large crowd of people gathering up in front of the Flying Monkeys headquarters.

"Arrgh..I totally forgot about this.." he mumbles.

The Sherminator walks up the stairs to the HQ entrance and addresses the masses.

"Thank you for coming here today, this is a big event for us New Yorkers and probably quite a few guests from other cities. I am sorry some of you had to go through our random security searches, especially you, Godfather Serotonin. I assure you this was completely random and a standard security measure and had nothing to do with you being from Saint Louis at all.
Now, the time has come. By now I am sure Godfather Deimne has left the bathroom, time to call him out."

"DUUUUUUURRRRDEEEEENNNNNNS!!!!" he yells.

Thirty seconds pass until the doors burst open and Deimne stands in the doorway looking all surprised.

The Sherminator approaches Deimne and hugs the old man, trying not to break any bones.

"Good morning my friend and..CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! For an entire year you have been part of this thing of ours and I can honestly say I am well impressed. The day my parents died, you were only a Consigliere and were given your own HQ. I am not sure what it was but you saw something in me and gave me a place in your crew. You treated me with respect and showed me a life I had never dreamed of. Your great judgement of people, your instincts, the willingness to invest greatly into your people and your diplomatic skills are the reasons why you became stronger rapidly. After a while which felt like only a week, you took over the city of New York and soon became the strongest and most influential person I have ever heard of.
I have served you for almost a year now and I have fought many wars at your side. I loved every minute of it and I hope I will once again be able to congratulate you next year!"

"Now it is time to let others say their bits and boost your ego even more, I will let you invite me for a small beer later. Here is a little something we collected as a big group so you can afford that:

Your accountant makes note that $500,000,000 has been wired to Deimne from your account."

The Sherminator slips Deimne a detailed list of who was how generous and steps aside watching everyone closely who gets near his beloved Godfather.

Report Post Tip

Deimne,

What can I say? Our bloodlines have known each other for so long...

In the early years, when everything was a struggle. You were there.
Through all the years of fighting. You were at my side.
When the bullets came and so many fell. You stood beside me the whole time.
As my ancestors drew their final breaths. You were there to hear them.

Deimne... You're a fucking jinx!

Happy birthday my dear, dear friend. You will always be a brother of mine.

PS. But seriously though, get the fuck out of my life. You're just bad luck!

Report Post Tip

Deimne, I am so glad I could be here to celebrate with you today. I know my mother would love to be here as well but alas that is not meant to be. We have a some real great times together over the past year. I have to thank you for always being there to lend an ear, no matter what I want to talk about and almost always leaving me to walk away laughing or with a smile on my face. I am not sure where I'd be without you. I remember listening to my mother, worrying about her future when she came to this country, but as soon as she arrived, you were there to take her in. I will be forever indebted to your generousity to both of us.

I will end the mush now, as I know how much you just love it Scream giggles slightly. Congratulations on your one year achievement and I look forward to continuing to share good times with you for a long time to come.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Deimne

How can i sum it up in words. Happy birthday for starters, it has been a long year, but you have lead by example showing what New York stands for from the front line.

Your courage, wisdom and trust in your family are just some of the things you have shown to many over this time. Well wishes, and lets make it a big party!

Chade tips his hat before stepping back into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

SpaceMountain approaches the gathering outside of the Flying Monkey HQ to share his story.   

Hello friends.  One of my recent ancestors first came over to New York after serving Marietta in Detroit, which seems like ages ago.  Godmother Marietta and Godfather Deimne negotiated Gabriel's transfer to New York prior to the Godmother's retirement.  Within a few days, Gabriel quickly realized that competition was strictly fiercer within the Concrete Jungle.  The cliche "You're only as good as your last envelope", was very true. He also learned that while Marietta and Deimne were different people, their leadership and following were quite the same.  This was the deciding factor for Gabriel's selection of New York as his new home. 

After a few months of learning from his Godfather, Gabriel was selected to run his own family, but was prematurely taken from us due to a gun malfunction.  It was a big loss for me and my family, but the Godfather wasted no time in taking me under his wing and teaching me his ways.  All of those countless hours of driving him around, fetching his morning paper and collecting protection money from various businesses paid off in the end.  I'm now a boss of my own family with two capos and I give all of the credit to the Godfather.  Without his guidance, I would be a useless thug or probably just some homeless bum.

Here's to you, Godfather Deimne.  A great Godfather, a great leader and most importantly, a great man.  We love you here in New York, sir.

Space embraces his Godfather with a firm handshake and a hug.

Report Post Tip

Serotonin looked to Sherminator and smiled.

"You call that random?" he laughed as he began to say. "I got off the airplane out of the gate, had one of the bodyguards grab my cases and proceed to the find my driver." He said and paused. "I see the man holding up the sign with my name on it walk over and bang, Im being drug to the back. That was okay but when they winked at me and did it again! Enough about me its not even my birthday and I have received a few presents already." he said laughing.

"I imagined being here when I was a thug walking around New York and now here I am, its your birthday!" Serotonin said loudly. "You have done many great things in the past year." Sero looks around right to left and than to Deimne "Look at New York its a perfect example. You have made New York better and better every day week in and week out. I know cause I seen it first hand when I resided in New York City."

"That's enough out of me I can go on for days even weeks about how great the past year has been with you as Godfather of New York but I dont want to hold up the celebration!" Serotonin said than shook Godfather Deimne's hand.

Report Post Tip

Iota pops off his Burger King crown and sets it down

I think it's only fitting that I say a few words on this monumentus day.  In a time where we have seen numerous Godfathers come & go, I don't think anyone could disagree that Deimne has been one of the most influential people in our world.  To say that he played a part in the things I have achieved would be the ultimate understatement.  Having just lost my papa all that time ago, one man offered me shelter (I guess kudos to Sherminator also!) and showed me that with hard work & dedication you can achieve anything you want to.  Our bloodlines had never crossed paths but it was evident that the concern of every member of his family was a massive thing to him - The door was always open with any concerns someone might have and if there was anything someone needed he did his absolute best to ensure that was remedied.

I had the pleasure of being Deimne’s Left Hand Man and working with his Upper Echelon, which, when you consider we were practically strangers to begin with is a testament to just what a great mind he has.  Placing someone in such a high position of authority is not something Deimne would take lightly and I believe it just goes to show you the lengths at which the Godfather of New York will go to ensure someone reaches their potential.  Having never once expected anything from Deimne, to be given the support and responsibility that was later placed on my shoulder was a massive honour for me and I will always appreciate the things he has done for me.

I thank you for what you have done for me and for our Community as a whole.

And last but not least.. Chicago thanks you!

Iota salutes the old bastard

Report Post Tip

Gaius had been walking along the beach in southern New York for quite some time.  A stiff spring breeze blew salt spray and speckles of sand across his shoes and the occasional cry of seagull interrupted his introspective thoughts.  A lot of friends were coming to town for a joyous occasion, but all Gaius thought about was what a man like him could get a Godfather that had an Empire at his beck and call? What could he do for the man that has given him everything?   Deimne had shared love, friendship, loyalty, guidance and most importantly, his trust.

And he had done all of this with the son of one of his former button men.  Someone to whom he owed no favors. Gaius kicked at a rock on the shore and reached into his pocket for another cigarette, fingers fumbling past his billfold, a couple of dimes and finally his brass cigarette case, the one that had his father’s initials engraved on the lid.  Flipping open the thin, flat box he plucked out a tightly rolled stick of tobacco and lit it,  tossing the used match in the direction of a seagull.  As he took a deep breath, searing the tender tissues of his lungs, he began to hack and cough, pondering his situation.  He had gone over possibilities a thousand times in his head.  Maybe the old man would want a few call girls? He knew of quite a few that would pay to service the Godfather of New York both as a thank you for his protection and as a way of getting some exposure.  Eventually Gaius figured that they did that anyway, and after years of having women throw themselves at him, the Godfather was probably tired of floozies falling in his lap like rain.  His body shivered slightly as the breeze began to pick up off the coastline, the sun setting faster than he thought it would, the golden light continuing to fade as Gaius sat down, pulling a flask from his jacket.  He took several gulps and then another drag from his cigarette.  Now what could he get the man who had not only mentored him, but who had guided him and the rest of Will Hayes crew when the New York Don was cut down in his prime? That had hurt Gaius tremendously, and Gaius knew the Godfather made time in his busy schedule especially for him in the middle of a war to calm him down, and let him know that everything would be alright.

Now what to get the old man... A book perhaps?  Something full of philosophical quotes and inspiration for a great man, from a great man.  No, that seemed trite somehow. Then maybe an antique gun, something that showed Deimne that people respected and feared his prowess behind the trigger.  Gaius finally shook his head.  While it seemed clever, Gaius had the feeling it could be interpreted as crass, but then again this is the man that knows me like a fucking book, it would only be fitting to get the him a gun.

The idea had finally occured to Gaius exactly what he could get his Godfather, stepping into his friend Premier's Gun shop in LA, Gaius ordered a custom 1911, gold plated with a solid ivory handle, he looked at his friend and made sure that no expense was left undone for his Godfather, engraving a D on one side and an FM on the other of the pistol butt Gaius left and waited. 

Stepping up beside Sherminator, Gaius handed his Godfather a brass case and embraced him, with a whisper to his ear Gaius prayed it said everything that he wanted to say.

I love you Godfather, thank you for... everything.

Report Post Tip

GodPappy Deimne,

Where do we even begin here man...It has been an honor for me to gain my ranks within your organization, and not only watching the City of New York but also You, grow each and every day.

Just add this to your already amazing list of achievements man. Can't believe it's been a year already, but now that we do talk of it those wrinkles were not there before.

Extends his hand to shake the Godfathers

Thank you, for not only showing me but I think a lot of people what hard work and dedication are all about. Legend Sir, no other word fits. Again Major congratz on your 1 year birthday.

Stiffy extends his hand once more to the Godfather.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Deimne... some of my ancestors have had the pleasure of working for you when you were Don. They knew you then as a great leader. And when you became Godfather, your desk was stacked with paper work. Your guns fully loaded you had to go out there and do some cleaning up. Also your skills as a negotiator served you well. You are celebrating a full year now. That is very impressive. Today, you are among the best Godfathers this world has known. It is a honor and a priviledge to be here and be able to celebrate this with you. I know you have made the decision to move my fathers boss to LA and in the aftermath you had to shoot it down. For one second my father never though that your decisons were wrong. He always agreed as i agree with what happened with LA. You did what you had to do... i always understood that from  the first day i saw light in this thing of ours. Today i am in Chicago... not because i have something againts your city or any New Yorker... but because i came back to where my ancestors started it all. Whatever you do sir... dont ever change. You are truly one of the best!

-Sneak!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Godfather Deimne. Celebrating a year in this life is no easy feat. You've been around the block and seen so much at this point, and you've still kept a level head with each decision you've made. New York wouldn't be what it is today if you behind it...literally.

Thank you for the leadership and support you've shown to all of us here in New York, and for keeping an open door policy if anyone should feel the need to talk to you about something. It seems as though with some people, the more status and leadership they get, the more they think they can brush everyone else off. However, you haven't done any of that. Those actions speak volumes about the way you care about your city and the people in it.

I'm proud to be a New Yorker, and even more proud to call you my Godfather.

One day we'll find your pot of gold...at least one of us has to.

Congratulations on making it to a year. Here's to many more!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Deimne, what you have done is nothing easy and should be proud of what you have done and put together.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Deimne, we may not have worked together as long as some of the other people who have spoken here but my bloodline started off walking the streets of New Orleans with yours. You're one of the major reasons why I'm even here today and not totally lost (just mostly). You have helped me every step of the way.

I consider myself very lucky to have reconnected with your bloodline here in New York. It's both an honor and privilege to be a part of your team and it's a pleasure to hang out with you in the coffee shops. Congratulations on your one year anniversary and I look forward to making the second even better.

Kilroy
was
here

Report Post Tip

Wow... Words can't fully describe the awesomeness of today, but I'll certainly try. From the moment my ancestors met you sir it's been nothing but good things. Your hard work and dedication to this thing of ours is unmatched, and your kindness and willing to help others is like no other. My father wouldn't have gotten to the position he got to without your help, and wouldn't have lasted as long as he did without your guidance. I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of New York when I say you've my lines eternal loyalty until the day you retire.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Deimne, I don't know what to say. I have been with New York for a few months almost now and I've loved every minute of it. My ancestors have told me stories of you and your city and I just had to join in.

For me to be present to see you reach a year today makes me extreme....

Shots fire out of the building behind and Diablos takes cover before putting a bullet into a nearby Durden family member

Stupid Durdens... Now where was I? Ahh yes. It makes me extremely happy to see you reach a year Godfather. Congratulations my friend. You have always been there for when I have wanted some tips and a wise 'OLD' man to point me in the right direction. You by far are one of the best Mafioso's I have ever seen walk our streets and You do truly deserve this celebration.

New York are forever in your grasp for as long as you lead us we will ALL be here for you. Even as you grow EVER OLDER then you already are. Now I have a personal gift for you which you may not need just yet but I give it a few weeks before you do.

Diablos signals for his bodyguards to present Godfather Deimne with a walking stick

Here you are Godfather and Happy Birthday!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Diemne. I don't know you personally, but I believe you are the one person I most admire in This Thing. I don't think I've ever disagreed with a word you've said or a decision you've made, and your sense of humor is priceless. It's an honor to walk the streets alongside a gentleman such as yourself.

May your reign continue for as long as you want it to.

With Regards,
Joy_Turner

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Deimne, it's been an honor serving in your city. May we see many more birthdays in the future.

~G

Report Post Tip

Words cannot express how proud I am to be a Drunken Monkey.   Domnizon wheels out her present, careful to not run over any toes I noticed that your chair is getting a bit worn down.  You can take your cushion with you though, I know how much you love that crease you've been working on all year.   Surprise!  I couldn't resist when I saw it, I knew it had to be yours.   Of course, I felt that way about the first one when I saw it, but I figured you needed something with a little more badassery.  In any case, I hope you enjoy and have a wonderful day! 

Report Post Tip

Kneels in respect before the Godfather of New York.  

"Whether it's leveling cities to protect your own, or coming up with solutions to long time problems like member whoring; or whether it's earning respect through wisdom and kindness or commanding it through force of will, you are a legend among those who have seen the impacts of your leadership.  I'm privileged to be a New Yorker, Godfather Deimne."

Report Post Tip

Godfather Deimne, what a momentous occasion. Your wise teachings and firm but fair hand has guided my bloodline taught them many things that I know hold near and dear to my heart.

Godfather Deimne you have made an imprint in these streets the same imprint hasn't been made for a very long time, people have come and gone made milestones but no many have done it in the same manner as you and for that you will be a cut above many.

I will cut this short and say congratulations and I semi thank you for sending me out here to Chicago with Godfather Iota those Burger King runs are really getting to me now.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A big day for an old man
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL