Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 07:17:36
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
New York Started by: Disorder on Feb 24, '17 21:13

Disorder's car traveled through the New York streets. He'd always loved this place. His father had governed the city through a time of incredible prosperity and Disorder had spent his early childhood running through the offices and nightclubs of his father's wide family. He'd seen the city grounded and been sent away as his father lay dead. Many years back in Sicily had seen Disorder grow and even after he returned to the states and became a man in Las Vegas, he always had a soft spot for the town he called home as a kid.

The car pulled up at the local square. His entourage of guards got out of cars to the front and rear before his door was opened and Disorder stepped out to greet the crowd.

"Tonight we saw a city fall. And for what, you may all ask. Well, I could give you a number of reasons and all could have legitimacy. There were a few issues brewing here and there that were becoming a concern but the decision to move essentially boiled down to one incident. 

A misplaced shot took a New York life earlier. That shot came from a Las Vegas gun. The shooter came forward immediately and took responsibility for their actions and his leader contacted MissNikki to make amends. After a couple of requests for an agreeable compensation figure were not answered, a measure of the deceased and their value according to rank, capacity and activity was taken. The sum of five million was then offered. This was rejected, with MissNikki asking for 7.5 million stating "He was one of my top earners" as her principal reason for wanting the extra 2.5 million.

A lengthy discussion ensued, at the end of which I found myself looking at someone floundering for excuses and changing their story in order to avoid simply having the spine to own up and be straight with me. I left the conversation with my mind settled. There would be no working with someone without the internal strength to be forthright. Someone that was willing to risk throwing their whole city under a bus for the sake of 2.5 million dollars and the inability to be honest. It was the clear point of punctuation on a growing uncertainty that had been raised on a few occasions. The decision was made and what you see now is the result of that."

Disorder turned to take a paper cup of hot coffee from a guard who'd just arrived with it. He lifted the lid and took a sip from it. The hot steam making a warm cloud in the winter air. He smiled and looked back at the gathering.

"This life can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. One thing I would recommend would be to be straight with people... Especially dangerous ones asking serious questions."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I suppose it would make for a boring story, but there would've been a certain charm about it if you simply said you couldn't be too bothered about paying seven-and-a-half million dollars.

But I did pay it. Money obviously meant so much, so I sent it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

But that's just a waste, then. I'm just a teensy little bit disappointed now. It really does seem to be about ethics and principles. Gah.

Report Post Tip

Why do you always shoot Johnny_Bravo first? Do you hold a grudge against him or something.

Skull_Crusher crashes a bystander's skull and leaves

Report Post Tip
Well, I'm surprised money was all that was asked for, since a made member of the NY crew was killed. I think 7.5 was rather agreeable considering a life was spared for a blatantly stupid mistake.
Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace New York. I apologize that my mother was a greedy liar face who demanded compensation for a made man who was a top earner, sorry, CONTRIBUTOR died whilst the killer was allowed to live.

I'm truly sorry she let your parents down. She didn't intend to have things end the way they did. I have her journals of those conversations, that Mr. Disorder speaks of,  if anyone would like to see them, you could send a telegram by messenger boy, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I am however going to take a few days off to spread her ashes over the volcanos of Hawaii. She so wanted to see those before she passed.  

Diffi was staring strangely at the LV Godfather who was talking in New York, trying to understand exactly what he was trying to say.

"So one of the Paradise Crew Member's shot a Brooklyn Made member in cold blood and while they were demoted ,was still allowed to live and will still earn money, but NY asking for 7.5Mill for their fallen member who no longer has the option to earn, was TOO much, and resulted in NY been taken out. That does sound very sane indeed, although I think that the usual "We took em out cause we wanted to" would have been just fine and dandy myself." She thought out-loud and with that walked off to no where important.

Report Post Tip
A top contributor you say?

Lets break this down shall we?

A top contributor would be classed as someone who either supports those in his family or city so that they are better equipped to go about their role. So as to contribute to the effectiveness of the family/city. Our Bob sent one mail a day from his PO Box and offered nothing in the way public speaking. I think we can nulify that argument?

Did he contribute in terms of working hard for himself to strengthen his family? Considering his pockets held 25 units I would suggest not.

Finally, if his contribution were donations then why change the story that your mother offered at the beginning? He would be just a cash cow. Which your mother said was not the case.

So, ignoring talks to attempt to remedy a poor situation where a made member of a family had died was stupid. The better argument, and probably a valid one, was that he was a Made Man. Regardless of his efforts he was trusted by your mother. He was part of the inner circle. To be clear and concise in what would rectify the situation.

To allow someone else to set a fee and then try to demand more showed weakness. To make false claims showed stupidity. That, in any situation, is a recipe for disaster when you wear a bold suit.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Sky was listening to the reasons for the decision for New York to be wiped out. He even stuck around to listen to the arguments of the children of the fallen, having seen his father gunned down recently he could relate to their rage. But where he was pissed off because he never knew who killed his father and why, these fine folks were given a reason.  He didn’t often speak in such serious conversations, but you had to leave your comfort zone some times.

I’m not going to come out here and claim that I understand why the whole of New York had to die. It wasn’t my call and I’m glad it wasn’t up to me to make such a call. I had some Friends in New York and I will mourn their losses, but they could have been entirely avoided. Recently a crew leader and friend of my fathers, RedRum was killed over a hit on their head of a lowly 5million dollar sum. And what came of the perpetrator? She was fined the sum of the hit as well as a little extra for arguing about the punishment. She killed a crew leader of a different city and was only fined? Thus a precedent was set in the matters of killings, at least with the “annexed” cities. So those talking about an eye for an eye, there is no point you cannot have it both ways.

Red Rums son, did receive compensation for his loss, about half of the hit amount so around 2.5 million a crew leader is sure as hell worth more than contributor, The fact is a little amusing that what cost an entire city is the exact amount that a crew leaders son received for the unauthorized shot taken on his father.

Report Post Tip
Many words, hollow justifications. Smoke screens to hide truth, very clever.
Report Post Tip
The true question here is, who the fuck are you too determine the importance of someones role played in another family in another city? The sole fact of the matter is a made member of NY was killed and they were offered shit compensation considering the person who made the mistake was spared.
Report Post Tip
The answer to that is very simple barqs

When the leader of that Made member doesn't have a clue what role that member occupied who the fuck else can?

The amount of compensation offered only appears to havw been made after no communication could be established.

As Disorder has already said. The figure was paid and the guilty party demoted. The leader must have been happy with this outcome as she did nothing for 7 hours.

If she were so invested in her member and demanding justice she had ample time to voice her displeasure or make her move. She did not. So she obviously did not see the compo as 'shit'.
Report Post Tip

The more pertinent question here is who the fuck are you to speak to a button man in that manner Barqs? 

I understand loss and mourning, but there's still an expectation here in Chicago on how you carry yourself and the manner in which you address friends of ours. Their rank and their position demand that respect. The rules you follow here in this city demand you show it. 

If you wish time to grieve loved ones that's totally fine, do. If you have questions to ask about the events or why certain things transpired, ask them. But you'll sure as hell do it in a way that shows respect and honor to the family and the city you serve now as an associate. 

Rest in peace to all the fallen in New York. Your memory deserves better than much of what is being shown here.

Well it's good to see that at least Chicago values rank and consequences too "disrespecting" the value it holds.
Report Post Tip

Comon', Barqs. You know for sure. After this, your ancestor is going to come back and start their life. Why was there a need to say something along these lines. The book is written. Or as they say in the south, 'It is, what it is." Being upset doesn't get anywhere. Turn that into passion, and you can make it anywhere. Great, your make it known your upset. Though, where is that going to get you in a month? My ancestors taught me to just move along, and put that anger into something useful. I have no doubt you could do that same.

Supernova chuckles for abit

If that never happens just smoke alittle. 

Supernova pulls out from the side of his ear a J and lights up his joint - taking a few puffs from it.

Another a side note. Yes we extort. Remember we are all in the same profession, and the tricks. I don't think it's a suprised. It has happened to a great-great grandfather of mine. He paid up, it was expensive as hell, but he survived.

He takes a few more puffs, and then begins to cough hard.

This remind me of my favorite quote, from Charles Darwin, "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. "

Report Post Tip

He coughs again from the joint hes been hitting

Still.. Rest well to all the fallen in New York.

Report Post Tip

Kenzi quietly attended the speech trying to get a handle on why her dear sister had been done away with.  Ah...  A city purge.  For a reason she didn't understand.  Take out the whole city for what was seen as a blunder?  Ah the life of a gangster.  A life that she too recently came upon...  It really was all about politics and insane waves could occur for reasons that were not comprehensible by all.  Then again the young woman figured it probably all came down to who had the bigger gun and better shot?  Who had the better connections?  Clearly it hadn't been New York that day.  She listened to the back and forth that ensued from this declaration.  It was clear there was some unrest.  Her heart especially broke for the young woman who spoke out in regards to her mother.

Well naturally this didn't sit well with the young woman, but who was she to argue with anyone...  Instead she would step back into the shadows to mourn her sister in peace while still trying to put together the pieces that were still as of yet unclear to her.  Life had to continue, steps had to be taken to return to normalcy...  Whatever that was.  But it was a sad and dark day casting a deep shadow of unknown reaches.  Her sister had been aware of the dangers of coming into this life...  But surely she didn't know that the end would come so swiftly.  Yet could anyone truly say they knew how swiftly the end would come?  Kenzi could only hope that her end had been swift and as painless as it could have been.

Hands sliding into the pockets of her long coat, the young woman stepped off into the shadows off to continue whatever work was out there for her to do.  Onward and upward she always said.  Yet the death of her sister had been a painful reminded at how fleeting their time could be.

New York was taken out by a bigger stronger city. Do the reasons really matter? Do they ever really matter in this thing of ours? It's nice for the kin of the fallen to have an explanation, even if they don't like the reasons. Godfather Disorder didn't have to spend his time out here on the streets explaining why a decision was made to move against New York. But some will never be satisfied with any explanation given to them. We could go back and forth and argue about the semantics and the who deserved what and who started what. None of it will really make a difference. Those who are angry will be angry and eventually they will move on. Some of the kin will leave, some will join our world despite their anger.

Rest in Peace to the fallen. They did their jobs to the best of their abilities until they fell, as we all will someday.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

As Kinoko the man of Zen and the great teaching of the Samuri sword the Katana. He heard one of the Godfathers speak and decided to add something. 

"I have heard your speach Godfather Curtis, I tend to see you as a fair and straight the point type of person. NOT JUST SAYING this because I was born in this great city od LV. My father was from the windy Chicago and I read his jornals of Disorders past buisness with his then right hand man LuciciusSwee who today is my current crewlader and Don of Summerlin LV."

For Las Vegas to offer $5,000,000 was not to shabby for a mer person who could hold 25 units of drugs alone, yea could they have been a good earner maybe a furure possible hitman yea maybe but this shit happenes its terrible business but it happens indeed. Its not like NY lost a major killer old in his days and Boss rank or higher and surrounded  by paid Bodyguards

I have read in my f great grandfathers journals when he lead little outfit in Las Angeles. We had an several incidents were a low ranking assicate took apon himself to takr another life. Now was I hit with a bill for his actions of course and I paid what was felt nessasary. Has to be nessasary to when it comes to certain people and how much invested time they workd and their achievements. Now dont get me wrong to see a City go down like this trust me. I feel like this last action might have been what broke the camel's back. 

Its always sad to see blood shed, but its nessasary in this business  from time to time, you just got to know how the best way to handle it and know where tou stand in this community when you accept or turn down auch offer.

kinoko then sits and listens to other talk, as these types of days are not only hard for the ending team but also sad for the winners. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL