Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:29:09
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
New York Started by: Disorder on Feb 24, '17 21:13
  1. Do NOT shoot at anyone who is SPONSORED even if they are inactive. You DO NOT have the authority to shoot at ANY Sponsored members unless we order you to.

That is just a common sense rule last I knew

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Sandy, that was what my forefathers and their forefathers their etc were taught.. I know what you mean actually.You said it sweet and short almost like it was common sense..
Report Post Tip

One more thing and please excuse my manners on how my speech was earler, the way I pronoun certain words in that speech, sa..s..sssadly I have kicked back some of gramdpas mechine, had a super long flight from sicily the Old country on some pressing manners and you know how much liquor you can get down on a long timley fashion waiting to get to the states, ofcourse I had my lovley lucky flask with me, God forbid if they only knew how drunk I was and how ilegal it is to have alcohol on person. Thank you.

As Kinoko stumbles away, alittle tipsy as he leaves the crowd to a nice little motel to sleep it off before he heads on the road to Summerlin. 

Report Post Tip

I'm not really one for making speeches in the streets so I'll just get on to the point..

It's always a shame to see the loss of a one's family and friends at the hands of outside forces.  This is the life we signed up for and like other lives it can be unfair at times.  A word of advice for the kin of Miss Niki if she cares for it, always remember your present situation when making demands from other cities.  If you are writing a check that your ass can't cash, why write it to begin with?  Or better yet, why demand anything from another leader to begin with?  All you can take is what you are offered and if you don't like it the only response you realistically should have is to shoot them because if you tell them you don't like what is offered then you are putting the turn on them to decide if they didn't like that you didn't like what was offered.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

PeteMitchell tries to stay near the back of the crowd, not wanting to draw attention to himself in front of so many people... he mumbles quietly

"Well now that my family is gone I guess I will have to set off to make a living on my own..."

He listens to what everyone has to say and slips off into the night... probably better to stay out of it he figures.

Report Post Tip

So people, watch your own back now. We don't know if something like this happening again. The person who took the shot is spared and NY being wiped out. WHOLE CITY. I don't know what to think.

To the person who took the shot, its very brave of you for admitting it, but next time, remember the simple rule. NEVER SHOOT A SPONSORED MEMBER. Bring your gun to gunsmith, maybe it needed to be repair. Probably wrong aiming. Who knows right.

Then Mr.Disorder, wiping out an entire city just for that?. Wow, I gotta hand it to you. Next time, think longer okay. Probably if the situation is reversed, you will do the same thing without thinking twice.

Have a nice day all.

Report Post Tip

So I'm just checking facts here.  Let me know if anything here is wrong...

1) a Vegas member shoots a made member of NY

2) 2 CL's haggle over the price of the misfired shot.  The leader of the guilty party leaves said conversation with his mind made up to kill the entire city of the affected party.

3) Vegas takes out NY as retaliation for being indirect, or looking for excuses, or maybe even changing the story as to the value of the deceased member...

Got it.

Now for the subjective.  My opinion is Missniki- looks pretty benevolent for not asking for the life of said member.  I mean, honestly - if Vegas kills a whole city because someone is "looking for excuses" - do they kill someone for shooting at their city, if the shoe were perhaps on the other foot??  I dunno.  I'm sure there's someone here than can answer that though.

RIP New York.  Vegas would have a better image by just announcing that they just look for a reason to kill anyone.  Not the reason given.

Those are my thoughts.  Thanks for listening to me dump the salt.  I'll move on now.

Cheers.

Report Post Tip

Buttercup sat on the ground, just listening to the conversations of many and the child of MissNiki- speaking as well. She understood very well what it was like to be taken out without cause. It happens to everyone eventually though, so it was no big shocker. Everyone dies and everyone gets whats coming to them. In any case, it was the way of things. People get killed, people come back, people get killed again. However, karma was something that she heavily believed in, so she felt that if someone did mess up horribly, karma would eventually take into play. To Buttercup, it reminded her of whack backs, where a person's gun would basically explode in their faces and kill them. Hence, it reminded her of karma.  Eventually, she stood up and withdrew a yellow rose, dropping it to the ground where she was sitting before she spoke.

"All I can say upon this matter is I hope NY rests in peace and they find peace. What's done is done. All we can do is look to the future and learn from past mistakes. My door is open for those who may need to talk."

She stated before turning and walking away, walking out to her limo and getting in, her driver speeding off.

So let me understand this...

A wise guy from LV, who already had a demote this month. "Accidentally" shot a made man from NYC who was roughly 20 days older than the shooter, a respected earner and someone the CL had some respect for (and I doubt CLs or GFs from other cities ever spoke with, could be wrong).

The NY CL held her crew member in high regard, but LV decided this CL was a fool, or wrong, or simply didnt word her mails on the topic all that well, and that this crew member was of low worth.

So LV decided a made man in good standing who is killed by a wise guy with a demote, is worth $5 million. Without seeing earnings logs. Without putting any thought into compensation for the kin of the dead... or was the 5 mill to be split between the crew and kin? $2.5 million each seems very fair.

By simply stating that she was not happy with the solution, but accepting it, the CL in LV decided to approach her GF because she felt disrespected.... lets be fair and say the same level of disrespect the NY CL felt, although her member was still alive, but whatever.

GF in LV reacts with an aggressive mail insulting the NYC CL, who was authed by LVs partner city, CH. Yet the GF in CH, who is resposible for NYC, says nothing. Or not to his auth, at least not about potential problems his auth city is about to experience. Not odd at all...

Attempts by the NYC CL to difuse the situation are met with more aggresion. And eventually, once there was enough ammunition to "fall out of favor" LV and CH wipe out an entire city....

The wise guy who made an "honest mistake" is then demoted for the second time in a month. Still wise guy, but 5 fewer units, ouch.

Well. All CLs should learn from this. If there are problems, and LV or CH offer you a few bucks in exchange for the life of your crew member... drop to your knee, kiss the ring and show nothing but respect.

Oh, and you can shoot Made Men for $5 million. Wise Guys must be cheaper... so fire away. And FYI, CH has no power... tick tock, tick tock.... or maybe, just maybe, this is not what it seems??
Report Post Tip

GF in LV reacts with an aggressive mail insulting the NYC CL, who was authed by LVs partner city, CH. Yet the GF in CH, who is resposible for NYC, says nothing. Or not to his auth, at least not about potential problems his auth city is about to experience. Not odd at all...

Just to point out on the comment that CH is responsible for NY...

First and foremost, Godfather Bonkers announced that Miss_Niki is the official head of New York and has complete reign over the city. She has since relocated her headquarters to her rightful position in Brooklyn. We look forward to seeing New York grow and continue to prosper. 

As discussed in the last CL meeting NY was its own city, which if you'd like to read the entire story it is found here.

Report Post Tip

Looking at all those young and old faces gathered at the same street at the same corner of NYC, discussing frenetically some topic he wasn't sure they all understood well, DotBoom thought it was a dangerous situation with potential of a single bomb making a lot of damage. Never the less, taking that risk, he decided to approach the masses and drop his 50 cents.

Facts:

1. An "error" (side thought: was it a test by LV and CH for the ruler of NY because of some other minor details?) was committed by a member of Paradise.

2. GF of Paradise, reputed dangerous for cleaning half of the continent before, admitting it in public, and in bad mood for being already insulted once during the day, took the mater to deal with directly.

3. A Don from NYC, in charge or rather responsible of it, shows lack of balls to impose own terms of settlement and takes the liberty to argue with a GF in bad mood. Yes a GF is entitled to judge a Don if you want my opinion. As some use to say if you unhappy with it climb up and make your own rules...

4. All NY gets wiped out coz the person who fucked up was responsible for the whole city.

Conclusion:

Don't fuck with bigger than your fit, or you may get teared off, coz mafia world is not a kumbaya song. In inferior position, be ready to gargle and swallow, or clearly say you won't.

That said, peace to all the fallen.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $75,000 Tip

Like I said before, what done is done. I dont see the point seeing this back and forth. Rest well New York.

There was tons of cities that,not recently, burnt to a crisp. No disrespect, but we can keeep saying this way and this way.

Though, non really matters. Godfater Discorder and the others have decided. They have the decency to give full detail on way. Lets give that some of our respect.

Some may hate it, but some might not. Though, this isnt going to fix anything. Rules are put in place, to follow. We don't want mayhem. We want respect. Even earned or not, it should be shown. I had good friends in New York.. Im sorry to see em go. On the other hand, they must of caused an action for a reaction. Plain and simple. Well.. respectful said. My hearts truly do go out to them. 

Supernova has been puffing on his joint, while listening.

Welcome to This Thing of Ours.

Report Post Tip

It's amazing how little people listen to information being given and prefer to jump to their own conclusions and fill in gaps in their knowledge of events with hypothesis and whimsy. If you listen carefully to the words of Godfather Disorder, you will note that there was a build up of things with New York and essentially this final event was the straw that broke the camels back and Las Vegas' patience with the city.

I had entered negotiations with MissNiki with regard my member shooting hers. I informed her that I would punish the individual and demote them and offered compensation. At no point in these discussions did MissNiki question my decision of how I punished my guy or ask for his death. MissNiki could not come up with a suitable figure so I suggested the $5 million sum. This was rejected and a demand for $7.5 mil was tabled. I have to ask at this point, what was MissNiki thinking to not complain about my punishment of my crew member but to demand more money? Why didn't she ask for that amount when I gave her the opportunity to set her compensation level? How come she was fine complaining about the compensation but not the life of my member?

Now let me be clear. At no point did I complain to my Godfather. I had no need to. See, believe it or not, Las Vegas sticks together, we work as a unit and take an interest in each other. What affects one of us, affects all of us.

I find it interesting that some are making the assumption that my member should have died for what he done. In most cases this would be true, however, not everything is cut and dry here. I was in a position to be able to save the life of a valued member of my family and I did just that. A member who made a terrible mistake and had otherwise exemplary behaviour. My city supported my decision as collectively we are in a position to do just that. We haven't broken any rules, save those imaginary ones people seem to believe are written in stone. We used the resources available to us, isn't that the purpose of being here?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

I feel like people are missing the key point here, at least in my eyes.

SweetNothings and indeed Disorder believed their member was worth more than the fallen New York mobster hence why he was kept alive and a paltry sum of compensation paid, loyalty is a two way thing. 

From what I'd seen of MissNiki, her ascension to head of New York was most definitely a very fortuitous combination of several events and unfortunately that luck will always eventually run out as you become exposed for the impostor you are. I would feel more sorry for the rest of New York that fell but you put your life in your leaders hands when you ask to join them and you made a poor choice paying with your life. Mob life doesn't reward stupidity, luckily.   

Report Post Tip
It doesn't? There's an idiot with a gun running around here somewhere that begs to differ.
Report Post Tip

Having had enough listening the lovely, young, vivacious woman in black speaks up, quietly clearing her throat in the most ladylike manner possible. 

Honestly, there are many idiots running around here with guns. Some would consider you one of those idiots too I'm sure Barqs. You're an idiot with a gun, unless you're a lazy fucker and pay your way gambling and investing in the markets. I'm an idiot with a gun. Keypunch is MOST definitely an idiot with a gun, even though he is a lazy fucker. I blame TsuDhoNimh for that monstrosity existing in our world. He fancies himself a don ya know. Foolish imp.

Excuse me for rambling, the point is that in someone's eyes each and every one of us is an idiot.

She looks around and smiles a loving smile at those glaring back at her... Except for Keypunch, she glares at that bastard.

What's done is done. Nothing anyone can say will change it. Really, is there any sense in harping on about it? If you have a problem with it, rank up, make friends, do something about it... Otherwise, shut your trap. Quite simple. Shut the fuck up and move on. You're just making yourself out to be a salty little bastard looking for attention. Nothing you can say is going to change what happened and will probably have little to no effect on how SweetNothings and Disorder conduct themselves or our district in the future. 

I'm sure the family you are with would rather you work hard and help them rather than spend your time out here worrying about the past you have your whole future ahead of you. Keep in mind you represent them as much as yourself when you speak your mind in public. 

She reaches into her handbag and withdraws a small box wrapped in emerald green ribbon from within and holds it out toward Barqs.

Here, have a cookie, family recipe. It's sure to make your troubles disappear, even if only for an hour or two.

Growing impatient she shoves the cookie into Barqs' hands and wanders off to find some pretty flowers for SweetNothings.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Street_Sweeper runs into the bum by the name of Disorder. Pleased to see some know how to speak the truth in a public speaking.

"Excuse me but did anyone ever tell you that you are a disruption to how the Mafia does  business?   Or could it be you are so consumed in a safe haven of a monopoly that could care less about building business?"

Report Post Tip

Street_Sweeper hears a mouse piss.

Job well done guys. RIP New York and may you make Disorder eat his words.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL