Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 03:48:25
Page:  1 
New York Tomorrow Started by: JaryllJicchai on Feb 26, '17 15:57
There are days when I wonder what I'd like more: Recognition or results. The first can be a motivation to push on while the latter is what really matters in the end.
On a topic that matters, I'm curious what your ideas are about what should happen with New York, as intended mother-city to Philly.

Should there be a new administration of NY, that is responsible over Philly as before?

Should Philly be responsible for themselves, having survived the mismanagement of their mother-city? Yes, this is a debatable statement. Focus on the idea, regardless of the truth.

Should this be the time when cities like Chicago or Vegas split up and spread across the country, spreading their gathered talent? After all, they did say that at some point there would be reason to change back to the attitude that Artus started to have a maximum of 30 members in a headquarters. 

Or would we rather just keep one city closed, so the annexed cities have more potential recruits to grow their operations?

Do we want a new small-risk competitor to emerge or do we allow a high-profile friend to become a competitor?

Should we try for another "form" or allow NY to be free for all?

There are a lot of options possible. What do you think that should happen?

You might not get the recognition for your ideas when they get implemented, but who gives a fuck if others proceed with your idea for a better future? Or rather improve on it, because they are deciding for a reason.

Aside from these questions; RIP to the fallen of NY. Death sucks, despite the fact that it offers the kin a chance to be better. New York is a beautiful place though, so I'm interested to learn about ideas for it's future. Lets hear your thoughts, so those who decide on the city's fate might be inspired by what you say.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $145,000 Tip

In my humble opinion dear Jaryll, NY is too big a city, and held too many famous and successful mafioso in the past to just be an open city. It is very true that things change and some open cities can become power houses, like we have seen with the example of Las Vegas, but NY was, most of the times, a power house from the beginning. We also already have tree "open" cities at the moment, and four would be clearly too much. If you look at the current population distribution, you will notice that Chicago has many competent crews with their leaders soon to reach GF days. Three well populated districts with highly competent people in them.  They could pretty well take the charge of making NY great again, and, but it's not an absolute necessity, continue to supervise Philadelphia.

Las Vegas has also many talented and experienced people, but is just not enough populated at the moment to move entire crews. A selected few individuals could move to NY from LV to help their brothers and sisters in crime from CH rebuilt a new powerhouse city. And of course simple associates would be free to move from crew to crew, helping maintaining that excellent idea of the late Artus (may his soul rest in peace) of 30 crew limit.

I am happy to be able to share my opinions with you, and am looking forward to seeing what our decision makers will decide.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Personally, I am not a fan of this populate a city based on another cities population. Cities chose their rate of growth.  I do have an idea that might be a little different though.  I am just throwing it out there as a possibility even though I am sure Chicago and Las Vegas leaders will already have their own ideas so for conversation sake, here it is.

What if they took one talented person from each city, Chicago and New York. One was set up in Manhattan, one in the Bronx.  No one sets foot in Brooklyn until they have proven their worth that the could manage an actual city.  There are things that would have to be looked at though. Will it be two established families? If so they should likely be matched in size roughly. This would probably make most sense for new leaders setting up but this could be done for those that are running families whom never had an ancestor run a city as well. A  little bit of experience.

Along with this I would like to see it not backed by any city really. Where the leaders have to figure out a way to work together. This adds the fact that they will be responsible for their actions and words. They would have to work past any potential difference to make it work.

Just an idea that is a bit different from how the annexed cities are and from Las Vegas and Chicago. I would suspect they would certainly have to follow the favour system as well.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $60,000 Tip
"Let it be an open battle field" says a new face in the crowd as it gathers around the streets.
"It went down for a reason, whoever wants to own it. Get it now for free put protect it because tomorrow it can be owned by someone else"
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Quite the interesting concept came around to Shady_Sam's ears, leading him to the street corner that talked about the future of not only New York, but his own city and crew within Philadelphia. He slides his hands into his jacket's pockets, mulling over the idea for a time before presenting his thoughts in vocal fashion. 

"Looking back on my family's journals, it's more often than not expected that whenever one city preforms a takedown of another, it is expected then to see a traditional authentication of one of their predominate crews to uproot and set up shop, spreading the influence of the mother city. The territorial scheme and flight pattern might look challenging, but that hasn't stopped it from occurring before. Such is the art of world conquest, however we stand in different times today.

With the implementation of the Favor system and allowing just about anyone a chance to run their own crew, it wouldn't be surprising to see New York be treated as another city available to be claim by enterprising and ambitious crew leaders. At the end of the day, it should be and likely will be Las Vegas's call on whether they decide they wish the city for themselves or allow it to be open to the Favor system." 

Pausing to remove a cigarette and lighter, he flicks open the flame to light the tobacco roll, taking in the fumes of the leaves before exhaling it out. 

"Onto matters that directly effect my life and business, how Philadelphia should be handled from this point forward. I have no problem acknowledging that we are still in our infant stages of growth and development. No leader has emerged or been appointed among the four crews that we have, of which are small in size and weak in strength compared to the two independent cities. If there is talk of a free Philadelphia, one only has to compare us to Chicago and Las Vegas to realize how foolish that sounds. To put us on equal footing of those two cities is to be blind by arrogance, pride or stupidity. I still view us as barely on par to slightly behind the other annexed cities, so it is safe to say I expect to be answering to another city for the foreseeable future. Whether that be New York or Las Vegas will depend on how the former will be resettled. 

My personal suggestion is for Las Vegas is to have New York and Philadelphia added to their annexed cities to watch over. Brooklyn, New York should have a Las Vegas crew that was sent over in the expectations that they will eventually lead the city and perhaps keep the other side districts open in regards to the Favor system. This will allow Las Vegas to have one of their crews reap the untapped resources of New York but equally not spread themselves too terribly thin." 

The unintentional alliteration brings a smile to Shady_Sam's visage. 

"In the end, Las Vegas will likely make a decision that will suit their agenda and I'll be ready to adjust as needed."

Report Post Tip

Kinoko wanders around smoking cigarette after cigarette thinking to himself, what new venture or business Ideas might arise. Suddenly he hears a man speaking to the masses and decides to join in. 

"I want to start off by saying rest well to all the fallen in the big apple. I had many loved ones who past away, but thats life tho. People are born and people die, its what you do in between that time that makes you the person you are."

He takes out a flask and sips on it, and light a cigarette.

"I feel New York like ©DotBoom said, we have had so many famous mafioso's build up New York from ground up, it has always been a power house for generations and generations. Its hard to see it being like the "Free Cities" to be honest. In the end its all on what the greater powers of Las Vegas want to do with it. I also feel like what Shady_Sam said, which I have seen from time and time again."

"Looking back on my family's journals, it's more often than not expected that whenever one city preforms a takedown of another, it is expected then to see a traditional authentication of one of their predominate crews to uproot and set up shop, spreading the influence of the mother city. 

"Maybe a new idea might arise like another experiment but with different rules then the free cities or the city will be ran by one of the leaders of Las Vegas"

"Who knows honestly only time will tell. I am sure interested to see what happens "now" with New York now that is is desolate. I want to thank JaryllJicchai for bringing up this topic. Sure is fun to see what might happen. 

Kinoko then takes another swig of grandpa's old cough syrup. 

Report Post Tip

Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts on this matter.

It’s been mentioned a few times that it’s for Las Vegas to decide what will happen, but based on how the cities work together I can only imagine that it will be a joint decision between both Chicago and Vegas.

DotBoom, I think you’re right in your observations regarding the size of Chicago and the great talent they harbour. There is a lot of potential there that could rebuild New York. I agree with Shantelle though that population size in itself should not be a reason to hand control over another city to someone, or a group. I think age for leaders shouldn’t be a motivator either. Based on a recent debate held at the Bureau for Innovation and Development, as a community we would have reason to be reserved in pushing people around just so they can proclaim themselves as Godfather. That’s probably not a popular idea for people who aim for that office, but I hope that the current Godfathers really take that matter into account.

I also agree that there would be little ground to open up New York in the same manner as the current annexed cities. The recent demand for those exact opportunities is little and opening up New York like that would only remove the possibility that new entrepreneurs have to remove 'out-of-favour' groups in the other cities before they can setup there themselves. The favour-system becomes more relevant if opportunities to start a crew are scarse.

Without having a plan myself, personally I’d like to see another experimental approach like Shantelle and Kinoko also suggest. Not just hand control over a city to someone, but have them earn the right. Being a city head is a challenge and people should proof to be capable for that role by managing everything in such a way that the city is an healthy competitor in America. MissNiki was announced as the New York city-lead and that lasted only briefly as apparently there were multiple small fires burning in New York that were a concern to at least Godfather Disorder, but likely to others as well. To me that’s an indication that we should be reserved in handing out a city just to people that did okay enough in a lesser role.

Again, thanks for sharing your ideas and thoughts here. It would be interesting to learn more from other leaders on this topic. I can imagine the real discussions on this topic are being held behind closed doors, but without doubt there are more leaders like Shady_Sam who have an idea about what would be best.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York Tomorrow
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL