Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:14:35
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
puzzles bar Started by: Satain on Feb 28, '17 16:46

Looking at the building, Pencil was intrigued by what could be inside as there were no bright lights,  no decor, no...anything really. You could just about see a dim light between the ivy that covered the small windows. As she walks closer she saw a small plaque which said "puzzles bar". Pencil was even more intrigued... "is this some sort of private bar for vip business?" She quizzed herself. A man opened the door just as she was about to reach for the handle. 

"Hey there, ladies first." ​​He spoke as he held the door open for Pencil to walk through.  She enters rapidly not to hold the gentleman up and the door closed behind her. She looked around. Was pretty quiet and relaxed. A few people dotted around. It was basically just a bar. This was perfect for her to hide away in so she can do some paper work with a drink and not be bothered. The music was gentle and the aroma was sweet. 

Pencil approached the bar. Before she could say a word the man holds up his hand. "Wait.. don't tell me. You are a whiskey on the rocks kind of lady. Are you not?" Pencil side smiled and looks around to see if anyone was watching but no one was. "Uuuhh.. ye....eess you got.. that right. How did you know?" She then broke into a nervous giggle. ​​​​" Let's just say its my job to know." The barman laughed and reassured her he wasn't an oddball. Pencil could have disagreed but she just paid for the drink and sat down as far away from the bar as possible. 

After she took off her coat and sat down the waitresses brought over a drink and some peanuts. Pencil started with her paperwork but the music was so mellow she was drifting to other thoughts and didn't get much paper work done at all so sipped her drink, sat back and embraced the atmosphere.  

Report Post Tip

Mercury was out making collections when she came across a nondescript hole in the wall bar.The sign flickered. You could just see the words Puzzles Bar in the twilight hours. Mercury wondered what a puzzles bar was. Did it depict the interior? Was there puzzles on the tables? Mercury decided to investigate further. She entered the bar.

None of her visions described the place. It was a bland, dark place. There was music playing. Mercury went to the bar and sat down. Before she could order the bartender said 

"Wait.. don't tell me. You are a whiskey on the rocks kind of lady. Are you not?" 

Mercury gave him an odd look and replied No, I'm not. I'll have a double single Malt Scotch neat.

The bartender looked disgruntled as he had guessed wrong and she straight up called him on it. He got her drink and set it in front of her. Let me know if  there is anything else I can get ya, he said.

Mercury was pretty sure that was it. This was a great place to fall off the grid however that wasn't her goal today. When she finished her drink she left money on the bar and went on her way.

Report Post Tip

Pencil must of drifted off and was woken with a startle as she heard clinking of glasses being collected.  

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you, just you have been out for a few hours now and the glasses need collecting." The lovely waitress said in a soft voice. Pencil sat up right and asked the waitress if she could get her a coffee to go. She felt really disorientated as she didn't mean to fall asleep at all. The waitress wanders off and Pencil gathers her things, puts on her coat then heads towards the counter. 

"Many thanks for the drink and apologies for nodding off into a slumber. I didnt realise how tired I was." ​​​Pencil says in a slightly embarrassed voice and a nervous smile. She is handed a coffee and reassured that it was okay. Pencil places the money onto the counter and swiftly heads out of the door. 

Report Post Tip

It was pretty early in the afternoon which is why you'd most likely not think to see people clamoring to enter a bar, but there was important business for Cepheus to discuss with someone and what better place for a discussion than a place filled with morning drinkers who most likely don't know what day it is let alone are able to overhear private conversations? He would also get a drink or two, you know, just so that he didn't look too out of place...

"Where is she? Did I forget to invite her again?"

This was a pretty common occurrence for him as he almost always never remembered to alert the people he was planning to work with, but that was an easy fix. Walking towards a payphone he dialed in the number and gave a call to Cassi who was hopefully still in the city as last he heard they had some business in Detroit.

"You gave me this number, I think. Don't question how I know it. I need to meet you over at puzzles bar, its probably important... maybe. I wouldn't hurry, but get here. The quicker you are the less drunk that I am."

Hanging up he waltzed back over to the bar and ordered his first tonic.

Report Post Tip

Cassi smiled as she hung up the phone. Grabbing her purse, she slipped her room key in and headed out the door. She didn't want to take too long. Cepheus could put away a drink or two or four pretty quickly. It would be a shame if he forgot what he wanted to discuss with her by the time she arrived. 

It didn't take her long to find the bar. It looked kind of old and run down. Probably the perfect place to discuss business. Stepping inside, she knew she was right. The few stragglers there this early in the day looked like they had been there for days already. She looked around, smiling as she spotted Cepheus sitting at a table with a drink. Was it his first or second...?

"I came as quickly as I could. It's wonderful to see you."

Report Post Tip

"Oh, Cassi you came. Most people don't until a few calls at least."

Placing his drink back onto the counter where it had arrived there was a pause in his words while his mind settled onto a topic. There was something large for him to discuss today, a deal of the century as the man had put it to him and in other words-- he needed someone to help him figure it all out, and Cassi was good at that reading thing... hopefully.

"You see, a man came to me yesterday and sold me four thousand wax dolls. Said they came straight from the continent of Africa and they're supposed to be great for fertility. Anyways, I thought to myself that four thousand of these things for only $10,000 was a steal. He told me if I can sell them all I could pretty much triple my profit."

Taking out the slip of paper he was handed and showing it to Cassi, there was a crudely drawn pyramid with names and prices jotted down all over it like some sort of fever dream had taken place and Cepheus was trying to make sense of it. Giving it a look now that he was sober, things didn't sit right with him.

"I'm starting to think I won't be seeing this guy again. Okay, new plan."

Finishing up his drink and giving the bartender a look, a second was quickly placed down for him.

"Let me finish one or two more of these and then we'll discuss on where to go from here."

Report Post Tip

oooooooooh 'Satain'

my elderly eyesight read that as 'Stain' and i nearly gave the place a swerve.

I'll take a glass of rum please.

Report Post Tip

Vincent was in town due to some business he had with local mobsters. When he finished everything he had planned he looked for a spot to get a drink. He saw this weird looking bar on the corner and decided to take a look. He pulled his car over and entered the place. It smelled badly, was full of cigarette smoke and pretty dim. He walked to the counter and took a seat. The bartender corrected himself a bit as he saw Vincent newr counter, he probably recognized him and knew not to do or say anything stupid. Vincent took a seat and placed his hat next to him on the counter. Ordered himself a shot of whiskey. Bartender nodded and started to fill the glass. Vincent pulled out a cigar and lighted it off. Bartender slided his drink and Vince thanked him. Vincent sat there for some time and when he finally finished he paid for everything, called himself a taxi and drove to his hotel.

Report Post Tip

A small little drink would surely be fine now when the darkness and a bit colder weather swept into Detroit this evening, he sits down with the whiskey he just bought at the bar and drinks it in peace and thinks about a good plan to do when now in Detroit again a while which is a city he always have loved good during his years.

Report Post Tip

O damn, sweet little Satans bar this was, the name puzzles bar can fool many christian people in here to the damned bar that truly looked like hell inside but Tutte felt that if only a bar had alcohol it didnt matter what it looked like anyway since it dont take that long to finish up a scotch, two mouth-full and then he were up on his feet again and walked out in the sunny street outside and stretched a bit since he got a bit stiff sitting on those low chairs in the bar.

Report Post Tip

Sal was walking the streets and saw this odd spot on the corner. There were no sign, noone on the door, nothing. Yet someone was sitting inside and drinking. Sal was curious and so he decided to stop by. He entered the place and looked around. This was a total disaster, hell knows what happened here a long time, but this place was a catastrophe. He saw a guy sitting behind a table, walked there and asked about this place. The answer was that the old owner of this spot, didnt had money to pay the rent for local mob, so they killed him and burned down the spot. The firefighters rescued as much as possible. Sal thanked he guy and walked outside. It wasnt a place to get a drink. So he continued his walk down the streets.

Report Post Tip

He wanted a drink to relax and getting some break from what he just were into in his life.

Puzzles bar were a great place to sit in silence and drinking a couple of bourbon-drinks at, life werent so good for him at the moment but he soon thinks  that it will change before something bad happens.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: puzzles bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL