Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 00:57:28
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The LA Casting Couch Started by: Disorder on Mar 14, '17 21:04

Godfather Disorder had been in Los Angeles for a couple of days having meetings Downtown and at the beach. He'd bought a sea front property down where Venice meets Marina Del Ray and FitzChivalry and LuciusSweet had both been down to visit. The three men sat and pondered what to do with the city while watching the tourists and locals wander and wiggle along the boardwalk, in various states of summery undress. After a couple of days of relaxing cocktails and hectic parties, they had a come to a decision.

The three men tried to ignore their enormous entourage and walked along the sea front to the Santa Monica pier. As they walked there was an understandable interest from the public in who these three men could be to warrant five hundred plus bodyguards surrounding them. Curiosity peaked was by the presidential levels of protection and a large crowd followed the men to the pier. When they arrived they enjoyed an ice cream in the sun before eventually Godfather Disorder stood up on the roof of a car so as to be seen clearly by all.

"I'd like to welcome you all here on this beautiful day. 

This fine city has seen it's fair share of upheaval in recent days. I'm not here to discuss what happened as there have been enough other conversations doing that already. I'm standing here today to present you all with a truly golden opportunity."

He glanced around at the few raised eyebrows, skeptical faces and occasional drooling moron.

"We have discussed the annexed cities and the favour system at length. Philadelphia has been naturalized and now stands alone as it's own city with Don Argyle at it's head. We have been pleased to see that transition implemented by Godfather Borkers and we feel we would like to proceed along a similar line here in Los Angeles. 

Argyle now answers to no one but himself. Standing on his own two feet, he is responsible for every decision he makes and every future he creates in his city. The removal of a parental figure as a go-to for all decisions, and recently all blame, is a beneficial step in the maturing of our country. I think we can all agree, the less complaining children and the more self-reliant adults we can foster, the better. So it is with that in mind, we stand here today announcing that we will now naturalize Los Angeles."

Considerably more murmurs.

"How do we intend to do that? Well, rampant philanthropists that we are, we've decided to throw that question wide open. From this moment on and for the next seven days, we will accept applications from anyone and everyone of eligible rank, to be the one and only person to inherit this entire city!"

Loads of murmurs. Loads. And a few hurumphs.

"This is no joke. New blood or old, fresh faced or battle hardened. This is a unique opportunity to become the acting Godfather of an entire city. From appointment onward, everything you do, everyone you auth, how you expand and how you interact with the rest of us, will be 100% your call. No outside interference. No dues to pay. No nothing. Your city. Your rules. Your reign as Godfather."

Boat loads of murmurs and excited exclamations of disbelief. Few tears from the overly emotional.

"Now... When it comes to applying for this golden ticket once-in-a-lifetime not to be missed opportunity you should do the following... I'm going to spell this out now so there is no confusion and slap-happy Gary at the back there can have someone read it to him again later when his meds wear off."

He turns to one of the amassed guard and signals for the large sign they have been erecting to be unveiled.

"Behold!"

The audience beheld.

Application for the position of

Godfather of Los Angeles

1. Think long and hard about what you are applying for. Being responsible for an entire city is no joke!

2. Compose a very clear letter to myself, stating your application for the position and why you want to take it on.

3. Include a comprehensive proposal of what you intend to do with the city. How you will build it and your goals.

4. Tell us exactly why we should reward you with the position instead of any other candidate. 

5. Make sure you don't leave anything out.

Turning back to the crowd he smiled.

"Seven days! At the end of which we will select a winner and announce the new acting Godfather of Los Angeles. I wish each and every one of you, the very best of luck."

Stepping down from his position, he rejoined the men for a bit more ice cream in the lovely weather. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

SadPanda happend to be wondering about in the streets when he saw a large group of armed me standing around someone. He walked a bit closer to get a better view and could see it was GodFather Disorder. He listened to what the man had said and thought to himself for a few moments. What a great opportunity this presents for someone. They have a chance of a lifetime. 

SadPandas bloodline has been around for a few generations but he couldn't remember in all of the stories of anything like this. This was a huge event for the entire world. Someone has the chance to acquire an entire city and do what they want. 

After Disorder was finished and SadPanda was finished day dreaming of all the possibilities SadPanda let out a slow clap.

What a great chance for anyone who takes the time to enter. I wish them the best of luck. 

Report Post Tip

Rubbing his chin and thinking about these requirements. Shrugging and starting to clap. The slowly stopping, "I don't think I have heard of anything like this even in my ancestors journals. I must say this sounds interesting and I for one am excited to see how this will play out. Best of luck to whoever goes for this opportunity." 

Report Post Tip

oRagnar, after having finished listening what Godfather Disorder had just announced he was left completely surprised. Hoping that this would turn out for the best he then went on to speak:

" I would like to wish the best of luck to whoever will get the reign of a such fine city as Los Angeles. However i would like to treat the first rule of application 'Think long and hard about what you are applying for. Being responsible for an entire city is no joke!' a bit more widely. Being a CL has proven to be a pretty hard work where you must guide the fate of several mobster. Now you're thinking in a much bigger scale, your decisions could get your city to prosperity or complete annihilation. So as mentioned, think a lot before taking action and do not be impacted by hatred! It truly is no joke.

He than heads back to leave room for others to express what they're thinking on this.

Report Post Tip

we will accept applications from anyone and everyone of eligible rank +

New blood or old, fresh faced battle hardened.

Disorder could you clarify for us exactly whose applications will be accepted? Only people with the rank Made Man and above or people who meet the requirements to become a crewleader. Since you stated new and fresh faced people i would assume those people are not yet made. Also if it is the case that some talent will be excluded due to their age i would find it very regretful for them.

Nevertheless thank you for informing us of the plans with Los Angeles and the opportunity for someone to take reigns of the city.

Report Post Tip

Zhao. The post is open to anyone who is Made man or above. If you will be Made Man or ready to become Made Man at the time of the appointment, you are welcome to apply.

By new or old, I meant it is open to anyone. Whether your bloodline has been around for a hundred generations or this is the very first time you have been involved in this thing of ours. If your application is the best, you will be given the city.

Report Post Tip

Tyrant Disorder, how long will you let the winner of this actually live? Two months, tops, correct? Maybe ten weeks if they play their cards right and don't have any sort of skillful aim? Considering most other people your city let go into an empty city died for no apparent reason, I would be a bit iffy for whoever has enough balls to go.

The only way I could see this working out, is if you already have someone planned out for this position and the whole shtick is all for looks to make the general public hate you less (which wouldn't work, fyi). If it genuinely is open for anyone, they won't ever last under your regime. Paranoid fucks.

Around these parts, we've seen this many a time. Those at the top get so scared about literally anyone and everyone plotting to take them out and they kill off just about everyone they can without making the gods angry at them. This is exactly what you're doing, but with more of a strategy to it. Instead of setting up real cities and murdering them a month later, you set up all these bullshit little competition-based cities that will never amount to anything (and yet you still feel the need to slaughter them all).

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather see a real city or three set up. Fuck all of these free-city, you-can-win-a-city, whatever other terrible ideas you guys have. They've ran their course and it won't be long until you guys take out the last one. Yes, I'm looking at you, Detroit

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Disorder stepped over the corpse of the latest little goblin to bravely suicide after making a few contentious comments. He wondered how difficult it must be to wall yourself into ignorance and focus all your will on blotting out any shred of objectivity in order to hold on to a feebly constructed narrative. It almost impressed him until he remembered that none of them ever managed it. Trying to ignore balance was like trying to deny the existence of the sun, utterly unsustainable and in every single case. It drove these misguided little creatures to suicide. He sighed and called back the attention of the crowd.

"It appears a few of the applicants to date have either hinted or directly stated that they plan to treat Las Vegas as a sister or parent city. I would like to once again stress as strongly as I can, Los Angeles will be tied to no one. As the new leader of this city, the winning applicant will be free to establish ties and support with anyone they see fit. Any city, district, leader or none, whatever you feel like. However you want this city to be aligned is up to you. 

We are handing over control of the city entirely! If you want LA to be closely bonded to NY or DT or PH or CH, that's completely up to you. Applications will be given no preferential treatment for promises of favour toward Las Vegas. We are looking for the best candidate to lead the city. Not the best candidate for us."

He glanced over to see a few of his guards moving the small corpse off to the edge of the pier and weighing it down, before throwing it over the rail into the sea. 

"Once again, I'd like to wish everyone that steps forward, the very best of luck."

Report Post Tip

"The deadline for applications for the position of Godfather of Los Angeles, has now passed. Myself and the other judges will take some time to evaluate each submission and announce the winner this weekend. Thank you to all who applied and good luck!"

This is a fucking joke on so many levels. Hopefully one of the majority minorities will score on that 1% of these clowns who got their tongues hanging out for sitting ducks.

Report Post Tip

Which is it Disorder? 

"It appears a few of the applicants to date have either hinted or directly stated that they plan to treat Las Vegas as a sister or parent city. I would like to once again stress as strongly as I can, Los Angeles will be tied to no one. As the new leader of this city, the winning applicant will be free to establish ties and support with anyone they see fit. Any city, district, leader or none, whatever you feel like. However you want this city to be aligned is up to you. 

Report Post Tip

Why is that even a question you have to ask, young man? Let me explain it to you with smaller words, I'll even break it up a bit so that you can fully understand what was meant here.

"Los Angeles will be tied to no one", you see. Sometimes things are tied, like, with rope, wait no, that's not right. Hold on.

Hmm..

Uh, oh yes. He meant that in the other way, as in Los Angeles will have no ties at the beginning. That means start, or at the very first point in time. They will then be able, as the new leader, new which means something that is not old, will be free to make their ties as they go along with any of the cities that they wish to do so with.

This would mean that they do not have to work with Vegas, but instead could work for any of the cities. A city is a hub, a place if you will, this is where a population of humans live. Essentially, any of those BIG LANDS FILLED WITH BUILDINGS AND PEOPLE, like New York or Las Vegas, will be open for the person in charge to make a relationship with.

Shall I go further? I can explain to you what a relationship is too, if need be! I'm here to help.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Basically what you are trying to convey or rather cover up (which you suck at) is LV iis fucked.

Report Post Tip

i'm failing to see how you think Vegas is fucked? they are literally giving away a city that they have and will once had control over once this process is over. its an opportunity for someone/s depending on how it is run. its a much more favorable than the favor system. the city will literally live or die on the actions of one person and not on the whims of a controlling city that is not to say another city couldn't end LA again that is the risk of the oppotunity 

I dont see what i wrong with anything said here to be fair from my perspective all i can see is a great opportunity for who ever gets it to oversee there own city there way answering to no one but there selves i for one can not wait to see who siezes this opportunity and what they accomplise good luck to the lucky person

Report Post Tip

"Im willing to see how this goes. You never know if someone will manage to just upkeep the city. If not then, well it changes. Its all just a cycle that everyone will have to deal with." She spoke up from the crowd. 

"If you dont like it, well I dont know what to say to you other then watch and wait to see what happens." She finished and turned returning to the back just to watch and listen letting out what she had down to a point.

Report Post Tip

Pete hung around for a while after godfather disorder had finished speaking, listening to what everyone had to say on the topic, there seemed to be an odd amount of bickering going on in the crowd and he wasn't sure why. To him this seemed like a great opportunity for someone who feels they are ready to take on the responsibility of an entire city. Being the leader of that many people is no joke, everyone who decides to work for whoever wins this opportunity will be releying on them and putting their lives in the hands of this new leader... he wondered though why people seemed to be so upset about...

"My question is for the people here who seem to be mad at Godfather Disorder or LV in general. LA is currently an empty city, as far as the mafia goes. What would you propose they do with it? Just my opinion but it seems to me like they could do one of three things here. They could move some of their own people there and expand further, they could leave it empty, or they could give it to someone they feel is deserving. Would you honestly rather one of the first two options? You clearly hold a grudge against them for something that happened in the past so if I were in your shoes I'd be greatful that they are giving someone else the opportunity.

Report Post Tip

This is what we see one city being offered by a said/known tyrant. There is an ulterior motive to that decision and I got to say it is rather brilliant. The game chess comes to mind. It has nothing to do with making this a better experience for all. 

Report Post Tip

Whether there is an ulterior motive or not is kind of irrelevant isn't it? They have to do something with LA unless you think they should just keep it empty. Sure taking over the city has its risks and maybe they will be dead in a week, or maybe they wont? Guess we will just have to wait and find out. There are plenty of people who understand the risks and are willing to apply and take a chance. Whats wrong with that?

Report Post Tip
If you think Disorder is a tyrant you haven't been doing your research. Should check out the tales and archived material on Thomas Rourke and friends. Disorder is a softy compared to some. Let's not forget Kimble's line either. Some viewed Marietta and Anita as tyrants as well.

Is he really a tyrant or are you just upset that he and his friends worked together and ended up on top for the time being? That's the goal right, be the richest and most powerful even if it means crushing people and stabbing a few backs along the way? You can't expect it to always be clandestine meetings in a hidden speakeasy and first dates.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The LA Casting Couch
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL