X

Apr 26 - 19:53:45
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
No salt, honest discussion time. Started by: JoePike on May 06, '17 15:34
Report Post Tip

You bring up some valid points, friend. 

Report Post Tip
Meh, fat fingers.
Anyways. What are players who don't like the lay of the land to do know? If you don't want to work for the current leaders, are you just supposed to deal with it? Stop playing? The constant removals of known leaders makes the playing field less than level.
Report Post Tip

You could join someone and pay your taxes. Then the extra money you have, you could store away in credits for when something looks more promising.

Make a small goal that will keep you occupied?

Give a random leader you don't know a chance?

I mean you could stop playing or you can try to find something that works for you until you do like the lay of the land.

Report Post Tip

Bit of a moot point really. Play if you want to play, don't if you dont.

If you think that the only reason to play is to work for someone you like, then you're missing out on a whole lot of elements to the game.

Sometimes getting to know one of the supposed tyrants and working for them, will actually change your view on them.

Report Post Tip

Do what spike is doing, looks like great fun.

Report Post Tip

I honestly can't play unless i like the people in my crew that's what makes it for me if i'm not fully convinced i struggle to committ myself which is why i take long breaks when my crew gets leveled until someone i have a connection with comes along

Report Post Tip

Over the many, many years I have been here I have been on both sides of the situation. I have been left without a crew/family I wanted/respected enough to join and I have been part of the "tyrants" that rule the world and kill everyone (Serious, sarcasm there don't get your panties twisted.) Eventually, you get over the salt, lick your wounds, and brush your knees off as you get up and start the long haul back to the top again. If this were not true I would not still be here after over a decade of death and re-ranking. It's the ranking that's part of the fun. It's the taking a chance and joining an unknown leader or giving someone whom you've heard nothing but bad about a chance. It's even giving someone you don't "like" a chance. You can meet so many people that way, form new relationships, and continue with the social aspect of the game in addition to the clickety clickety.

Yes, I did the "disposable account" thing too. I got up to Tizenketto, which means 12 in Hungarian, once. It got boring. You tend to lose the social aspect of the game unless, like some, you are an attention whore who wants to act as if you are either better than the leadership in place or no one will take you in and let you live because you're just a dick. The game becomes boooooooooooooooring, not unplayable, just boring. People stop talking to you because you're constantly on new accounts. It really doesn't give your reputation any credibility either. 

Before this run, I had never worked with Disorder before. We were pretty much strangers. I'd worked with people he works with, sure, but it wasn't the same. I can honestly say that heading into Las Vegas when I did was a bit of a "suck it up Buttercup" moment for me. He and his cohorts had just wiped out our city, killed a damn good account I'd had going that was a leader, and made the game "uninhabitable" by those of a softer, more hand holdy, nature. I expected no chances to be given to me. I expected to be judged on my past accounts and alliances. Guess what? I was wrong. I now find myself working with a man that genuinely does care for the game, but that understands it's a Mafia game. Regardless of what you may think, Disorder/Curtis does actually care about this game. He wouldn't have devoted his time to HelpDesk if he didn't.

You cannot escape death. That's what keeps it so fresh. He understands that this isn't about living forever and having tea parties with your friends every day. There are several games out there if you don't believe in perma-death and just want to have a place you can chill with your buds and tell stories. 

To blame the game, the administration, the Squishy, and the code for your own hurt feelings and lack of ability to understand the difference between your character's interactions and experience in the game and your out of character feelings toward people personally is unfair. They didn't make you not like someone personally, you did. Look past your personal feelings and remember this is a role playing game. Just because you don't like or respect someone doesn't mean your character shouldn't/couldn't. The amount of time that the staff, mainly poor Squishy, put into dealing with complaints about people and the game by Butthurt Betties after a big war is ridiculous. It's not their fault. We run the game. We make it what it is. It's what we do that decides the outcome of the game. They have to let us do our thing otherwise people would be kicking and screaming about admin intervention and meddling. It's a no-win situation, but in the end, it's our own damn faults because WE make the decisions that direct the game down its path, not them. The amount abuse that is thrown at the staff for our actions can get a bit ridiculous. Some people are so tenacious about it that they come across as psychotic.

It's a game, folks, a game we play to have fun. 

If dying in a war is so hard on you emotionally that you have to "quit" until "people you like" are in power then maybe Neopets is more your thing... Or Farmville. If you feel so hard done by and like no one else has ever died and watched their crew wiped out before their eyes maybe you should remember that you have the ability to change things in your hands, literally. As an alternative to tossing a fit, you could take the chance of getting to know new people and giving people you wouldn't normally give the time of day to a chance. You may be surprised.

In the end, there are two catch phrases that apply. "The action is yours, the reaction is not." and "If you don't like something, rank up and do something about it."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Rank up and do something is a double edged sword. We have seen many people classified as rogues because they decided they were going to do something. It is not always in the best interests unless you want people constantly bashing you.

Report Post Tip

Pretty sure when people say rank up and do something about it, they mean rank up, get auth, build a gun and then perform the takedown of revenge that you want. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Maybe but if all you are telling them is to rank up and do something.. People will take that at face value.

Report Post Tip

Rank up and build a gun is crock of shit for the last 4 years if not longer.  You best get lucky with that 1% shot cause you are not going to live to tell how fat your gun became. I doubt anyone will debate that fact. Lillith you are pathetic as they come. You are not one to tell anyone advice when you sit up on your high horse unchallenged. If I were you I would not challenge me on that one.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't challenging you on shit. I wasn't even addressing you in particular. We all know you're incapable of doing anything other than trolling, failing, bitching, moaning, harassing, disrespecting, and performing the duties of a Salty Sally whenever things don't go your way.  

I'm not unchallenged. I take every day as it comes knowing that my family, my district, and myself could end up in the obits just as easily as anyone else around here. It's the nature of the game. Something you need to grasp the concept of. If you expect to live forever you're playing (Or in your case not playing.) the wrong game.

You've been here four years to my eleven years. I can guarantee I've seen more regimes come and go than you have. I've seen a group of people manage to overthrow one of the strongest regimes, a lot of which were staff when everyone thought we couldn't do it. Well, we worked hard, ranked up, trained hard, and fucking did it. More than once. It is possible, you could probably give it a go if you put as much effort into your playing as you do your trolling, failing, bitching, moaning, harassing, disrespecting, and performing the duties of a Salty Sally whenever things don't go your way.

Report Post Tip

Where did I say you were addressing me or challenging me. I responded to your  bullshit line. I said do not challenge me on my speakings. Now that you have, lets talk. 

You stand corrected on how long I have been here. And I am glad you brought up your 11 years.  I have no doubts you have seen regimes come and go in your 11 years. I would bank you have seen more go in the last few months in your 11 years. So do tell us Lillith. Where is the challenge on your part while you sit up on your high horse and wipe all business?

Report Post Tip

PS and I was here when staff got wiped out

Report Post Tip

If you were around during the Anita, Roman, CP days it would surprise me greatly. If you were you wouldn't spew half the shit you spew. You might do yourself some good and read the old Street threads to educate yourself about how things used to be around here before your precious self found the game and how things are now. It's still the same shit. Someone gets to the top, people die, people bitch, people die, people bitch, the people at the top die, someone else is on top... The cycle repeats itself. No matter who is on top no one is happy. 

As stated above, I have never worked with Disorder before this run. We traveled in different circles. Still, do in a lot of ways. He can shoot me at any time he wants. Has had that ability since I joined Las Vegas, yet he hasn't. Regardless of all the little rumour mongers and wars, I've stood by his side fighting and so have my members and SweetNothings' before that. We have gotten to know each other. I would never have thought I'd be working WITH him in the capacity I am now at the beginning of this character. I started out with something to work for, something to prove, and I'm still doing that and I'm still alive. I am no different than anyone else that's bold right now. We can all die. He could decide to kill us all, even his closest allies, it's what the game is about.  I don't know where you got your info that I am unchallenged or untouchable. You'd think the recent removal of Philly and New York would prove otherwise.  No one is above death here. Not me. Not Orange. Not MonsterHair. Not Malachai. Not Angy. Not Prati. We can all die at any time. When we do, and that is a when not if we'll be a little irked and then we'll come back just as we have in the past. We'll just get our shit together and make another run for the top. 

This time last year it was JTG and Spike on top and people were bitching about how they'd never die... They did. We will too in time. Some sooner than others, but that is the chance we all take playing the game... 

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply I was grabbing some dinner, a cup of coffee, and taking my time to reply in a manner that even you may understand. I am pretty sure I failed at my last task though. You can stay out of my inbox from now on. My cat does not have my tongue thank you. I like to put some effort and care into my posts before I mirror you and make an ass of myself in public.

Report Post Tip

I can't and will not read past the first paragraph without a feeling of glory. Something you were not privy too. That was for sure the good old days. As of late, people like yourself narrowed it down to wipe outs. We did not have wipe outs back in the good old days. A city has been wiped out on the pure premise of "war" I suggest you take a walk down memory lane.

Report Post Tip

I have no idea what game you've been playing or for how long, but if you think it's just the past four years that there have been entire "wipe outs" you've been playing a different game than the rest of us. Doesn't surprise me since you seem to have an altered state of reality than the majority of the population of active players here. 

On that note, I have paint to watch dry.

Report Post Tip

I mean to say "Doesn't surprise me since you seem to have more of an altered state of reality than the rest of majority of active players." 

Report Post Tip

Oh Lillith that was a really poor feeble attempt of a response. Let me help you out hun. We are talking about MR as in mafiareturns. Do you feel inferior that you were not privy to every player in this game? Hell I know of your snake like ways.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: No salt, honest discussion time.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL