Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 06:10:11
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
AlbertoJunior & Ilene's - Suits, Crests & Donkeyriding Started by: AlbertoJunior on May 08, '17 07:57

Hardly having known his dad, AlbertoJunior did visit his funeral and came across quite a couple of people he never had seen before. He got interested in the life he had and went on to read the many, many journals he inherited.
There was a lot of seducing in those journals. When Albertino (thank you @Kairi for that hypocorism) was ready scrapping all those lines, little information was left. There were some nice stories about the shop he confiscated after a colleague of his retired, and it showed some tips and tricks on basic sewing techniques, on threading needles, custom-made thimbles, basting and running stitching, tying knots and so on..

I am pretty sure I could be at least as average as AlbertoTomba, if not even averager!, he said to himself. Maybe, I will just give it a go. I will open a shop with the same set-up. If a customer will come, they will have to wait too long, receive terrible service and decide afterwards what they think their averagish suit or crest made is worth to them.

With help of FuegoSteve, AlbertoJunior got his hands on a little plot, he got to work to build a nice, quasi-stylish shop out of it. When it was finished, some walls were misplaced, the plasterwork was messy and the colours of the furniture and carpet were simply clashing. Nothing showed this place was new.When it was finished it breathed the atmosphere he imagined:

Average. It was perfect.

He then asked some friends for help to think of a catchy name. It had to attract all kinds of people, and foremost Kaira, so he couldn't do stuff Butch proposed. @WoonDot had the perfect solution:

AlbertoJunior & Ilene's - Suits, Crests and Donkeyriding
for people that want something, but are not sure what

It also reminded him that he should bring Ilene out of retirement and into Chicago.
He would first have to build a little stable as a little annex to the suitshop, he would after opening of the shop, hopefully Mark_Fischbach could help him with that.

Report Post Tip

Mark had noticed that a friend of his, AlbertoJunior, had mentioned his name in the streets. He rushed out of the HQ and saw him stand there with nothing but a sign and a few misplaced walls. Perhaps he could need some help.

"Need a hand?" he asked AlbertoJunior and ducked as one of the walls inside collapsed. There was obviously still lots of work to be done, and Ilene wasn't even there yet. A bit disappointing actually - and false advertisement. "Also, when will Ilene be here? I've missed her so much!"

Report Post Tip
Butch was cutting and chopping when he heard his name in the streets , he took the apron off washed his bloody hands , looking fine now! , rushed to see Albertojunior standing and talking about his new "successful" business, and the only thing butch could see is the charm of the "Albertojunior & Ilene's - suits, crests and Donkeyriding" and the happiness in Albertojunior 's eyes as he walked his father path!

Butch was so pleased and happy to see his friend that excited and hopefully successful, And am so proud to be your first customer and ask you to take me off this Apron and fix me with a Nice dashing elegant suit!! LET THE BUTCH SHINE!
Report Post Tip

Seeing his son WoonDot had proposed an interesting idea for the shop name in question, and hearing that Ilene would come to Chicago soon, WoonBot just had another marketing idea:

"AlbertoJunior, you just should reserve one wall of the shop just for Donkey business, with one big advertisement panel taking most of the wall, indicating the promotion of the week. Knowing Ilene has only three legs, I brought you some donkey footwear to make her come faster to be the mascot of the shop. So for the first week, the panel should say: 

AJ&I Donkey footwear - Wide choice: Gucci, Nike, Adidas and Reebok - Buy pairs three, get the fourth free

Report Post Tip

Well.. That start was overwhelming!

People raised some valid points on genuinety and marketing, walls came down, and AlbertoJunior was properly blackmailed into creating a suit for Mark_Fischbach in return of some construction work!

Marcos, please take this and make sure the building survives! Alberto handed over the first suit coming out of the freshly, yet partly collapsing building. The good news for you is, you won't see any white paint splashes on it! And when you start 'painting', can you do that marketing plan WoonBot and his son proposed? I love the pay-for-four-get-three principle!

He deliberately paused for a moment.. then resumed, smiling: If you do, I will bring Ilene over..

Junior seemed to be a decent blackmail-student!

AlbertoJunior next looked at Butch, wearing an awesome costume.. What the fuck did he expect me to make better? He hardly dared to enter the back room, due to the deplorable state of construction, but he had to to get to his sewing stuff. So he excused himself and went in.

Why did those journal's only mention the rewards!? he shouted, when he cut himself with his pair of scissors.. Do you mind blood stains, Butch?

Report Post Tip

Mark looked around to try and figure out how big this problem was. How much needed to be done. Obviously, there was a lot, but it was manageable. Hopefully.

"Ilene will be here now?! I will call my boys right away! We will also make sure that the Wall of Ilene will be there, don't worry!"

He took the suit and put it on. It was prettier than ever! "Thank you, AlbertoJunior. Now I won't even see the white stains from the paint! Very much appreciated!"

He walked outside to call his men without having his suit catch too much attention, and before long they were all gathered in front of the shop. There would need to be major changes, but it was nothing they couldn't handle. Within a day or two, it would not only last better, it would also look much better - he was certain of that. 

"Let's get to it," he said and picked up the tools, ready to get started. 

Report Post Tip

Kaira was on her way to a famous tailoring shop when AlbertoJunior or Albertino, how she liked to call him mentioned her name on the streets. She heard rumors about how he tried really hard to create a place that would fit all customers needs so she decided to cancel her appointment at the other tailor and go visit him.

She hoped that WoonBot and Butch were still at the store as she wanted to ask their opinion about a suit she wanted to buy as a gift for one of her friends.

Reading the name of the store she thought to herself smiling.

'I always knew WoonBot had a brilliant mind!' 

She was giggling when all of a sudden she saw AlbertoJunior. In an attempt to make fun of him she said grinning.

'I saw one of your father creation. It was a masterpiece. He was a genius when it came to creating something. Who on earth did you take after?'

Report Post Tip

AlbertoJunior by now had learned to never wear white clothing again when working. He looked like he was the best climber in La Tour de France. When he came back to the store part, he noticed a floor being stutted and the restauration of the new building being in full swing.

He was delighted!
He was delighted that Mark_Fischbach got a construction team to work so quickly!
He was delighted to hear @Kairi talking in HIS shop!

Though, when he heard what she said.. He got frightened.. He only heard the average and well below average stories about the quality of his father's work.. In a desperate attempt to save the future of his shop, he went totally off-topic

But.. uhm.. I just spoke to the New York farm that currently houses Ilene and they will send her over with a special flight soon!

Report Post Tip
With all the work and noise happening inside, mark_fischbach is really working his ass off for that suit , i like ot alot though looking fine!.

Butch noticed Albertojunior 's confusion about making a better suit other than what am wearing, "i look good with this suit ya , but i came to the best of the best tailors in town", "and blood stains come on alberto am a butcher am bloody as hell".

He noticed Kaira just entering to get her self a suit, he was delighted to see Kaira in the shop maybe they can pick their suits together!
Report Post Tip

AlbertoJunior looked around to see who Butch meant by the best tailor in town. He had no clue.. Albertino's aim was to be the most average one and he had to work freaking hard to achieve that! He was quite content with the fact that he had to disappoint Butch, as this was part of his suit-and-donkey-riding-shop-strategy.

Sorry, Butch.. I am still working on your suit, my his late father apparently never bothered to describe in his journals how he handled blood stains. I have looked through some books, but most describe how to get them out, not how to get them in.. But.. It should not take too long anymore!

That was an obvious lie.. In the mean time, he did finish Kaira's dress. He folded it, wrapped it up, and handed the package over. He had no idea why, as Kaira would probably unwrap and open it right away anyway..

Let me know if you want something changed, please, he added

Report Post Tip

Belle had been in town for several weeks now and was just getting settled into a routine in her new family. She realized she'd be in Chicago for the long haul, trying to track down her lost father, and with a steady income now reaching her pockets, she thought it time to get some new dresses. Belle had heard that a family member had recently opened a new shop in the streets and was an excellent maker of suits and dresses and things so she decided she'd venture in and give the man a chance. 

She'd also heard something about a donkey being involved but when she entered the shop she didn't see any donkey's hanging around, just various crew member who were being help but AlbertoJunior. She waited as he finished helping Kaira and then she waved hello.

"Hi Alberto! I heard about your new shop and had to check it out. I could use a new dress myself and I heard you're one of the best in town, so of course I had to come here first and check out your work! Think you could help me out?" 

Report Post Tip

Junior came back to the shop with a package under his arm, leaving a messy red trail behind him.. He looked up and saw yet another customer. He had seen her in La Hermandad HQ before..

Welcome to the shop, _Belle_, and thank you for coming over!

I know what you are thinking.., AlbertoJunior continued, but she isn't here yet, I have been too busy with working out how to create blood stains. But Ilene will be in here soon..!

ish..

As soonish as Mark_Fischbach has finished making the stable annex secure enough for her, basically.. Let me put this suit aside for a moment for Butch to pick it up when he is back here.

Of course! I would be happy to help you, I am not sure about that one of the best though.. My aim is being average.. I will give it a shot, if you want to wait just a little too long..

Report Post Tip
"Oh, I was indeed wondering where Ilene was, I was excited to meet her! Maybe next time I come in she'll be here." Belle looked around the shop, as if expecting the donkey to magically appear.

"I was trying to be polite of course, but if average is what you're aiming for then average it is." She grinned, clearly teasing, before she fished a book out of her bag. "No worries about the wait, I'm patient. Just gives me an excuse to get some reading in!" Belle found a seat and quickly stuck her nose in the book.
Report Post Tip

AlbertoJunior did not have much time as he had to rush to the airport to pick up Ilene. Mark_Fischbach was making great progress on the stable and Albertino did not even bother to wrap the dress up for _Belle_..

Leave a note if it doesn't fit please!

Customer's service was at the desired level..

He saw Butch re-entering and threw him the keys.

Please look after the shop when I am gone! Thank you!

Not giving Butch time to answer, AlbertoJunior sped off..

Report Post Tip
Belle grabbed the dress that Alberto had left, watching as he rushed out of the store. He seemed to be in a rush to get somewhere, that was for sure. She laughed softly before turning back to the dress. Finding a place she could change, she tried it on and grinned. Perfect!

Before leaving the shop, she left a payment for Alberto on the counter, hoping it would be there still when she got back.
Report Post Tip

Kaira entered Alberto's shop and was thrilled to see Butch there. They started discussing about trends and sharing opinions about their expectations for their future outfits.

Alberto came and interrupted the conversation to give Kaira her outfit. 

She was excited and so happy to get a suit made by the son of a legend.

She tried the costume and then turned to Butch and asked with excitement.

'So my friend does it suit me? What do you think?'

Report Post Tip
Butch was so excited this day and hoping everything goes as planned , after discussing the trends with Kaira and chitchattimg a bit albertojunior interrupted us with with an object folded and wrapped (which is funny we know kaira will rip it off) , i knew it is the suit for Kaira , i have to say Kaira you look so damn good! Dinner maybe?? ;) .
Report Post Tip

Kaira's eyes were sparkling at the idea. She had already made a plan in her mind.

'We'll have a dinner with the family. I'll send a message to everyone in the la familia. LaReina will bring the drinks and FuegoSteve will bring the tacos and we can have the party in the bar we newly opened.'

She was giggling and dancing around.

'Butchy Butch you are brilliant.' 

Report Post Tip
Butch and Kaira were so excited about the little familia Party and rushed outside the Albertojunior & Ilene's shop .

Oh Kaira wait!! I forgot my appointment with Alberto to get my suit! Please comeback with me i need your Opinion!

As they entered the Shop, and there it is infront of us hanging all bloody but elegant, the butch immediately tried it and looked to Kaira Ha!! How is it?!

Albertojunior was right behind her he shouted Albertoooo what do yo ....... Alberto throws a key to butch and says "look after the shop when am gone thanks!" , But alberto i have .... POOF! Alberto is gun!

_belle_ , since you are here what do you think of this new suit i know yours looks incredibly cute! And don't worry about the cash i will watch for Alberto!
Report Post Tip

Kaira looked at Butch's new outfit. She was really confused as to what she should tell him.

'Your suit is uhmm how do I put this. Unique?!' she giggled.

'I'll help you out with the store and we'll leave to the party together.' She was not pleased with the way Alberto was tending his business but he was from la familia so she thought that she would let this time slide.

'AlbertoJunior will have to pay for the party since we are working for him. What do you say Butchy?'

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: AlbertoJunior & Ilene's - Suits, Crests & Donkeyriding
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL