Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:46:32
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
SPONSORS: The mayor has had enough of this shit. Started by: Squishy on Jun 22, '17 02:36

Starting July 1st, the Mayor will start doing massive crackdowns on known Mafioso in response to growing pressure from the public for acts of random crime.  The Mayor tolerates organized crime, but when criminals are left unchecked and run amok, the tax payers become victims to a far greater extent and lean on the Mayor to act.

(When your sponsors ignore associates and get shut off, upper structure for the Home city, the Current location of the unsponsored AND the District/City of the sponsor ignoring the job board may get thrown into Mayor jail with increasing time depending on their %'s of following through with job contacts)

Report Post Tip

Does this count when a player turns off sponsorship when he sees, "Contact" at the top of his screen? Or only when he just plainly doesn't answer when his sponsorship is on?

Report Post Tip

When your sponsors ignore associates and get shut off

Seems you need to have it turned on first. 

Report Post Tip

A no contact is defined as a member has done 3+ jobs for a sponsor, that sponsor has loaded the page and has been active after being notified that there is someone waiting for contact... and 30 minutes goes by and that sponsor has not mailed them, or fired them, but has continued to be active after being notified.  This situation can only happen when you toggle *on* sponsorship status for that browsing session.  If there is already an associate who is waiting for your contact after 3+ jobs and you have already been notified, turning off sponsorship at that time is too late, you will still need to Fire or mail the person so that person doesn't keep waiting for a mail that never comes after being told they would be contacted.

Multiple situations like this will result in the Mayor taking action, including up to Mayor jailing the CL/RHM/LHM for the city/district the potential associate currently is at, the CL/RHM/LHM for the city/district the potential associate has as his home city, as well as the CL/RHM/LHM for the city/district the negligent sponsor is from.

Report Post Tip

Just for clarification though it does sound like it is this way. The jail starts at the sponsor and if no action is taken then the next time the sponsor triggers the admin jailing his crews upper structure would be jailed, and it escalates each time the sponsor re-triggers the jailing?

Report Post Tip

Sorry not admin jailing mayor jailing

Report Post Tip

Winston, depending on the severity and regularity of the situation will determine how broad the action has to be to ensure that it is taken care of.  Eventually, enough CLs will get jailed at really inopportune times that they will start following up on their sponsors and ask them to give a modicum of shit.

Report Post Tip

I understand the idea behind this; make it really inconvenient for those at the top so that they shout at the people below them, so that those people follow up on sponsors. However, using "inconvenience" as a tool on a game which people are playing for enjoyment is ultimately counterproductive. If it gets to a stage where I'm getting thrown in jail repeatedly at really inopportune times, I'm not going to be having fun anymore and I'm going to just stop playing and watch TV or something instead. I don't think that helps either.

So, rather than punish the players we have into trying to encourage new players to stick around, I still think automation would be a solid alternative with less negative impact upon the playing experience. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

If you're being thrown in jail repeatedly, you are failing at your responsibilities as a hand, no? I would think the Hand in a Godfather crew would take the first jailing as a sign that some sponsors needed some ass chewing. Maybe that's just me.

Report Post Tip

I still think automation would be a solid alternative with less negative impact upon the playing experience. 

Not sure if I understand what you mean by automation? The process of recruiting is very much manual, all the automation that we have is the boards. If you can even call that automation.   

Report Post Tip

The automation being referenced is probably the last resort we've talked about previously which is having an auto-join feature.  We proposed that as a last resort solution, and have been trying small stepping stones to avoid having to go there.

Report Post Tip

Yea it would be best for that to not happen if it does it just become a game were crews fills their numbers making it less interactive between member and newly joined recruits which take away some of the unity that a mafia family should have.

Report Post Tip
But I would argue that the entire sponsorship system does that itself Juto.

Perhaps we should turn the flashing icon around and place it on a new accounts page. Telling them that there are crews that they can contact, To sell themselves and to make the leaders want them. Itd be as productive?
Report Post Tip
And now a person with invite abilities who can't be arsed now has a blinky rather than an orangey?
Report Post Tip
I dont think its a case of not being arsed. But you can take it however you wish. Maybe it is for some. Maybe you think it is for me.

I have said, and maintain, that the way it works can cause members to be whored and left to rot. It may help retention levels in the getting them into a family but what then?

If a member is shown the crew details of the crew theyve done the jobs for (I would currently get zero members) and think they would like it they can mail the leader asking for information of where to go next I.E Invite/More Jobs/Not interested.

Maybe its my olden ways but I massively dislike mailing people first. I feel whoreish all the time. If I knew they wanted to talk I think it'd be a lot better and youve had the same dialogue.

In reference to both getting a blinky. I could buy into that. Not one that vilifies you for not mailing them but if both parties got:

"Youve done 3 jobs for Gaston. Why not drop him a line and see if he can do anything for you"

And

"Squishy has done 3 jobs with you. Why not get in touch?"

It opens up both parties to some effort.
Report Post Tip
It feels horribly whoreish and basically demeans the value of the family.

I contacted three workers yesterday that did jobs and got 1 response. Two I did the most basic role play ever and one gave me a one word answer (other no response) and the third I hit them with what I would class is a very whoreish message "Hey welcome to the game."

If I know (or can guess) that a person is brand new I hit them with a super friendly "whore" message because the impetus for me is on getting them engaged early, if they aren't or I'm not sure they'll usually get more a role play type message inviting them to sell themselves to join the crew.

You should basically make brand new master account people very obvious they're brand new and I would fully expect approach rates to go up. If you're a crew leader/sponsor etc it looks weak, desperate and whore like to approach newbie accounts if you think they've played before because you think it's going to look poorly on you - "omg XYZ is such a member whore."

Furthermore there are numerous established bloodlines that just take the piss doing all the jobs and never responding to any mails or knowing exactly where they are going that make you relunctant to even try and recruit them, Ryannn being an example we had yesterday.
Report Post Tip
If we labeled new master accounts as new master accounts then every single person that wants to be semi incog will now be using a new master account, then you'll never trust the label.

As far as the ones that do the jobs and don't reply, is it because they lost interest? Did they run out of your jobs and move on to another crew who is currently speaking with them? If it's a name you recognize, fire them. If they are a know person who wastes your time and money, shoot them or bill their new cl.

When crews have the bare bare minimum of jobs, your average sponsors response time e means they have already completed enough jobs with a different crew to be contacted by them. By having more than the bare minimum jobs, it keeps them "on the line" and engaged with your jobs until your sponsor can fire off a mail.
Report Post Tip

As opposed to automation, this isn't half bad. If sponsors are consistently failing to do their job, clearly they shouldn't be sponsors. If it takes Mayor Jailing an important member of an involved crew, so be it.

It seems to me the problem lies entirely on those who are able to give and remove sponsorship, heh. Don't want the risk of you or one of yours getting jailed? Micromanage a bit better, think a little longer before you set someone as a Sponsor... 

We're already seeing a noticeable decline in players, particularly old ones not wishing to be around. If the rate of failure to retain new accounts remains to decline...we really won't have much left before long. 

Bleep bloop :/ 

Report Post Tip

TheDonBot perhaps some of the reason older players are leaving the game is changes like this one. A lot of the changes around sponsorship, taxes, rebuild mode etc are reasons why I no longer want to go bold or even bother being a hand and eventually becomes a question of why even play.

As much as I hate to agree with giraffe features, when a game is no longer fun why play.

Perhaps instead of punishment of upper structures, sponsors should be rewarded by the game for doing a good job making people WANT to be a sponsor and not "THE GAME DEMANDS X AMOUNT OF ACTIVE SPONSORS OR FUCK YOU"

Report Post Tip
Keypunch, they are but the cls are keeping the money that is earmarked for them, and offering up very little else.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: SPONSORS: The mayor has had enough of this shit.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL