Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 01:24:25
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Al's iron skillet Started by: Alfonse on Jun 27, '10 05:10

In the heart of Detroit's smokey train depo's and iron factories, amognst all the noise and commotion there sat a building resembling a quonset hut made of galvanized steel with an arching shape to it's exterior. Out front hung a sign reading: Al's Iron Skillet (Open 24hrs)

Inside you find a long counter stretching the width of the building and tables lined in rows behind it.The daily crowd was a mix of laborers and railroad employees in and out as they changed shifts throughout the day and night.

Menu's were on every table along side the napkins and condiments. 

*All meals served hot on our iron skillet's*

BREAKFAST

Country Fresh Eggs
& Potatoes • .50
Bacon & Eggs • 1.00
Ham & Eggs • 2.50
Sausage Patties & Eggs • 1.50
Smoked Sausage & Eggs • 2.00
Corned Beef Hash & Eggs • 2.50
SIRLOIN STEAK & EGGS
Half pound tender sirloin steak* • 3.75

Three extra large buttermilk
pancakes • 2.50

Three lightly grilled biscuits topped
with sausage gravy and two eggs
cooked to your order* • 2.00

CORNED BEEF HASH SKILLET
Lean corned beef hash on top of hash brown
potatoes, topped with melted cheese
and two eggs*Served
with toast or biscuits • 3.00

OMELETTES

Ham & Cheese Omelette
Light and fluffy omelette with
ham and cheese • 2.00
Vegetable Omelette
A healthy omelette packed full of
mushrooms, onions, bell peppers,
celery and cheddar cheese • 2.25
Al's Meaty Omelette
The perfect meaty omelette packed full of ham,
bacon and sausage. Smothered with sausage
gravy and topped with shredded cheese • 3.75
DETROIT OMELETTE
This tasty classic features diced ham,
green peppers and onions* • 2.25
STEAK & MUSHROOM
OMELETTE
Enjoy this omelette filled with
steak meat, sauteed mushrooms
and grated cheddar cheese • 3.00

BURGERS

Skillet Hamburger
Thick juicy patty served with all the fixin's • 1.10
Skillet Cheeseburger
Served with your choice of American or Swiss
cheese on a golden bun • 1.20
Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger
Served with your choice of American or
Swiss cheese and smoked bacon • 1.50
Patty Melt on Whole Grain Bread
A thick juicy patty topped with melted Swiss
cheese and draped with grilled onions • 1.15
DOUBLE BACON CHEESEBURGER
Two juicy beef patties with bacon and
four slices of cheese • 1.75
CHILI BURGER
A thick juicy burger smothered in homemade
chili with beans and onion slices • 1.75

SANDWICHES

Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato
Crisp bacon, fresh lettuce and tomato slices
make this sandwich something special • 1.00
Clubhouse
Ham, smoked turkey breast, strips of bacon, lettuce,
tomato, Swiss and American cheeses and mayo
on three slices of Texas toast • 2.75
Turkey Bacon Melt
Smoked turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese and grilled
onions on whole grain bread • 2.00

DINNERS

SPAGHETTI & MEAT SAUCE
A bowl of spaghetti covered in classic Italian
meat sauce. Served with garlic bread • 3.00

ONE POUND TOP
SIRLOIN STEAK
A one pound hand-cut
top sirloin steak seasoned
just right and cooked
to order* • 4.50

POT ROAST
DINNER
Slow roasted pot roast with onions
and brown gravy • 3.75

ROOT BEER FLOAT
Two scoops of vanilla ice cream in a
large glass of cold root beer • .70
Fresh Pies
Apple
Cherry
Bananna Cream
Blueberry

DRINKS
Coffee Regular or Decaf
Hot Tea Regular or Decaf
Lemonade • Raspberry Lemonade
Soft Drinks • Iced Tea
SINGLE SERVING BEVERAGES
Milk Regular or Large
Chocolate Milk Regular or Large
Hot Chocolate
Orange Juice

Report Post Tip

Al had everything in place as the restaraunt had opened to all the hard working families of Detroits leading industries, he wasn't always seen as a ganster. A connected guy, but more as a business man. Many of the poor and middle class wouldn't dream of crossing him for they knew what he was capable of. The support from Detroits working class always favored Al well. This was where he got much of his information and that led to lucrative business ties far exceeding the cost of running a diner.

Report Post Tip

Still smashed by the night before, Blake enters with an avid appetite and a terrible hangover.

Toasts... eggs... coffees...

Report Post Tip

"No problem fella".. Seeing the guy was hung over -Al thought it best to just make the eggs over easy and serve him white toast with the strongest coffee he had. After the cook got the order going, Al poured the man's coffee and a cup for himself. "Food will be ready shortly!" He said with a smile.

Report Post Tip

After bringing in the days till and seeing everything was ready for another day of business, Al was off to the bank to take care of business and make sure things stayed legit. After that it was off to the union bar for a drink and possibly a chat with an ol' friends daughter...

Report Post Tip

Upon landing in Detroit, Ava heads straight over to Al's new business.  When she gets close, she can smell the aroma of fresh coffee and delicious food.  She all but runs up the sidewalk in anticipation of seeing the new place, and Alfonse as well.  "Al, this place is wonderful!  Can I get some coffee and eggs sound wonderful.  I am famished right now."  Ava looks around at the little diner with curiousity and awe.  It is so busy, and looks just right here.

Report Post Tip

Seeing Ava, Al greets her welcomingly and escourts her to his table.."I will gladly get you some coffee Ava, eggs won't take long!"

Alfonse left momentarilly and returned with a cup of coffee. He sat next to the beauty and put his right arm around her. "I am glad you found dis place! It's a little different being in this area, you see a lot of hard working people round here. None too much of the flashy types. Less of course it's some traveling salesman..Ha' I run them off!"

"How's Ava_marie been?" Al lifts up his sleeve and smiles showing off the tattoo of his best gal's name.

Report Post Tip

Penguin wanders the streets of Detroit for a while after his flight before realising how hungry he is. As he strolls along looking for a place to eat, he stumbles across this place.

"Al's Iron Skillet, eh?" he thinks to himself "Looks good".

He sits down and orders a vegetable omlette because he is a vegetarian. As he waits, he looks around and sees a few people in there. When the food arrives he thanks the waitress, tucks in and doesnt stop eating until he is finished.

"That was awesome!"  he says as the waitress takes away his plates.

As he leaves he pays and leaves a tip for the staff.

"I'm going to make this a regular stop whenever I'm here" he thinks to himself.

Report Post Tip

After locking up the days till and the doors to the joint, Alfonse turned to spot a familiar looking fella lurking round' the corner. The man turned and headed down the alley as Al started towards his way..

It was less than a minute, Al turned the corner and was in the alley. The man was no where in sight. Thinking to himself, he wondered where he had seen the man before? "Was it on the plane?" He asked himself?

Chalking it up as a mistaken identity, he headed to the car where one of his henchmen was waiting for him. "Brock, did you see that guy outside here as I was locking up?" The burly man turned his thick neck almost halfway to the rear of the car.."Yeah Boss...I seen em." "Did you recognize him at all?" Alfonse asked? (Still looking backwards towards the alley.)

"Uhhh..Sure Boss, he was dat' bum in da' diner today eat'n - bought a big spread. Finished every bite too." "Okay Brock, thanks. I knew he looked familiar. Do me a favor. Turn the car around and head east, down that alley."

The car quickly sped around and down the alleyway they went. "Woah..woah Brock..STOP RIGHT HERE!" Al shouted. "Is der' a problem boss?" "No Brock, stay put." Alfonse got out and walked a few feet back to see the man from earlier face down in between the dumpsters. He was apparently dead but not from any gunshots from what Al could see.. It was weird to say the least, Al checked the mans pockets and quickly got back into the car. "C'mon Brock, hit it!"

Report Post Tip

After leaving to do some other business in Detroit, Ava comes back to the Iron Skillet once again to eat breakfast.  She also wants to see Alfonse more than anything, as she is completely sweet on him.

"Good Morning Alfonse, may I get a cup of coffee and some pancakes?"  Ava smiles sweetly at Al and then looks around the room at all the hard working people having a well needed rest.

Report Post Tip

Docile walks taking off his hat, he walks over towards a booth and finds himself a seat.
Sitting at the table Docile skkipped threw the menu, and ended up picking corned beef hash skillet.

Docile sat back in his booth, hanging out. He hope'd to Al in today.

Report Post Tip

Popping his head out from the kitchen, Al seen a couple of friends as he scanned the crowd. He washed his hands and instructed the cooks on what to get done that day and out to the front he went.

"Ava!" Kissing her cheek, he told her he would order them some breakfast and be right back then made his way over to chat with Docile. A guy he hadn't seen in a long while. "Good to see you friend, I see you finally found the place. Its not much, but the workers seem to enjoy it." Looking at the mans table, Al noticed the hash looked a bit wet and asked Docile what he thought of it?

Report Post Tip

Ava sits down and waits for Alfonse to return.  She pulls some drawings out of her bag and starts working on them.  Ava finds it very relaxing to work on her drawings, and does so at every opportunity.  She smiles at Alfonse and he winks at her, while he is speaking with another customer.  "There is alot of hustle bustle going on in this place," Ava thinks to herself.

Report Post Tip

"Ahh Ava, glad you stopped by!" Al slid into the chair next to her and summoned the waitress over.. "What are you working on there? Mind if I see?" Al smiled then asked the waitress for some fresh coffee and to check their order.

Al ordered a huge meat and cheese omelet. The morning's work had given him a huge appetite and he was happy Ava_marie was there to eat with him.

Report Post Tip

"These are some designs I am working on for the Tattoo Emporium.  I like to sketch them out in detail.  It makes for many less oops, which are not good in this line of business."  Ava looked over the menu and decided to try the Detroit Omlette.  "That sounds so delicious, and I am starving!  It's always so fast in here!  I am so impressed with your staff."  Ava smiles and goes back to showing Alfonse the drawings she is working on today.  "I hope to have a huge portfolio to show customers some day.  People are alot easier to please when they have choices already drawn up."  Ava smiles, thinking about Al's tatoo and unconciously plays with the sleeve of his shirt where she put it on him.

Report Post Tip

"Impressive! Had I seen those, I wouldn't have gotten your name tattoo!" Alfonse said jokingly, waiting for Ava to give that devious stare. It was instant! He quickly put his arm around her laughing and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

About that time, the food arrived and Alfonse slid his omelet over to her and traded for the pancakes she had ordered. "Ah ah ahhh...No, you take this and try it! I am fine with flapjacks.) He stated. Truth was, he could've eatin Ava's arm. He was so hungry.

The two of them dug in and watched as people were in and out, up and down. Alfonse enjoyed watching people, it was a hobby of sorts for him. There was something about being an unknown bystander to ones actions that really gave him a feel for the person.

Report Post Tip

Docile looked up at Al, chowing down his breakfast.

Hey AL!, Goo to see you bud. Ehh the hash ain't bad, it's food and I'm starving

Docile winked, and extanded his hand to shake with Al.

Report Post Tip

"Listen, after your done- come on over and have a seat with Ava and I." Alfonse pointed over to his table...

"We can discuss business, heard you were looking for some part time work."

Report Post Tip

Ava looked over at Al, devastated by what he said, then sees the look on his face and knows that he was joking.  "Don't tease me like that, you brute.  You know how sensitive I am,"  Ava giggles.  A young man comes up to the table and talks to Al as they are bantering back and forth.  He looks familiar, but Ava doesn't know who he is.  She smiles at him and looks over at Alfonse, who seems to know him quite well.

Report Post Tip

After a long day of working,Galactus decides to walk the Philly streets and comes across "Al's Iron Skillet."

Hey there Al,im impressed with what you have done to the place.I would like to order a skiller cheeseburger with extra cheese,that sounds delicious ehh?

Galactus then awaits for his order.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Al's iron skillet
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL