Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 03:27:30
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Final Warning Started by: unholychickenz on Jun 24, '17 07:50

Chickenz frowned. It was a rainy day in Vegas, his favorite type of weather. But even the soft drum of rain against the window of his office wasn't cheering him up.

He had the black receiver of a telephone pressed to his ear, not that he needed to hold it that close. The horrid screeching issuing from it had been occuring for the past hour.

"HE HASN'T PAID IN MONTHS! I ASK YOU TO DO ONE. SIMPLE. THING! TWO WHOLE MONTHS AND THIS HASN'T BEEN DEALT WITH!" 

He had, in his defense, attempted to deal with this with a few warnings. Obviously, they hadn't worked. He wasn't about to tell LaceyGodreaux that, though. No, he quite liked his head left squarely on his shoulders. He knew better.

Finally, after another 30 minutes, the line went dead. Chickenz placed it back on the hook and rubbed his forehead. Best to deal with this now. And violently if need be. He stood up and strode over to the door of his office and flung it open, glancing around for anyone hanging about. His eyes fell on Amon and Giovinco, who just happened to be chatting outside.

"Oh, good!" He said, waving them into the office and sitting down, pointing to the two chairs across from him.

"I've got some work for you two, if you're interested. Someone needs some 'persuading'." He said, looking between the two of them and pulling out a large folder containing the picture of the target, a rather short, balding and stout man in his mid thirties.

"Union leader. Hasn't paid dues in months. Been warned twice now. Now he needs a beating. Collect what he owes and split it between yourselves. I'll pay his fees out of pocket."  Chickenz said, grinning.

"Oh yeah. Take this by Lacey's office on the way out." Chickenz flopped a package of cookies between the two staring at him from across the desk.

"Any questions?"

Report Post Tip

Lacey slammed the phone down. She didn't like to be like this, but business was business. She glanced to the side of her desk to a bottle of whiskey. She looked at the clock on the wall, shrugged, and popped the cork off of the bottle before pouring several healthy 'glugs' into a glass.

Amon and Giovinco were hangarounds at The Connexion's local 'easy. They stood tall, though. Even roughed a few guys up and out the other night when they tried to duel in the middle of the god damn headquarters.

Lacey's mind was running, but she shook it off. She trusted unholychickenz. He had finesse. He was smooth, but quick. A good guy to have on your team she thought. If he thought Amon and Giovinco were ready for this task, she did too.

"Alright, fellas. Lets see how you handle your first big job." Lacey said quietly before clicking the desk lamp off and heading to bed.

Report Post Tip

Amon hears the calling from unholychickenz. Upon being directed to sit upon in his office, he gave the man a glare but then listened to the information that was being given to him, the folder that was placed on the desk raised Amon's interest and his hands wrapped about the folder, it flipped open as he was still being explained the basis of the assignment. The picture and information listed in the folder was enough for the job to continue, guess preparations were already going underway. He looked up at unholychickenz and stood up with a smirk on his face, he closed the folder and set it down on the desk, that and with the same uncomfortable feeling that those chairs aren't made to be sat in for too long.

"No questions, boss. I'll make sure he learns the hard way."

Amon also took the unexpected package of cookies, of course, with the temptation to sneak them away and eat them all, with the presence of LaceyGodreaux in the room, that wasn't a smart move. But of course, there is always next time. He left unholychickenz' office and made sure to place the cookies out on LaceyGodreaux's office desk before leaving headquarters. His hand gently ran across his own hair, of course, with a job like this. He didn't feel the need to dress to impress, a dirty job only required attention. Amon took the forefront of the whole situation, he waited for Giovinco outside of headquarters just slacked up by the wall; he took the time to run his eyes all over the street as he saw bystanders and the likelihood of your average neighborhood thug, but that's how it was. The streets were cold and full of tension.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After being demanded her attention, Giovinco quickly diverted focus from Amon to Chickenz. She waited and listened patiently as the information was being fed to her. After being debriefed she spoke for a moment being.

"Crystal clear, boss." 

She started humming a familiar tune as Amon was shuffling through the documents. After Amon finished taking a peek at them and left the office while taking the cookies with him, she gently grabbed the folders and started going over them. After a session of careful reading, she looked up to Chickenz and said

"Clear as day."

She then took her bow and left the office. After a short while, she got out of the building; and when she did, it was clear that her choice of clothing would be going according to her regular fashion. Elegant and impressive, yet simple in its design. After not much of looking around, she spotted Amon next to a wall and slowly walked towards him.

"So- seems like we have a problem to deal with."

She eyed Amon and placed her hands on her hips before taking a deep breath.

"How exactly do you plan to handle this?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Amon straightened his posture as he saw Giovinco come out of the headquarters and confront him. He looked around before giving her a glare.

"This isn't gonna take some desperate plan. Not for something as simple as a collection, we simply pay him a visit. Unless you got some other suggestions but yeah, not like this is the most known person in town that's gonna have protection to cover his back. He could just be like any other arrogant guy, hire a couple thugs off the street and give them a place to stay and they assume like they'll have the skill to fend off anything. But yeah, enough of my assumptions."

Amon rubbed his hands together, he dug his hands into his pockets soon after. The location of where the union leader was, far enough distance that it can't be achievable quickly by foot. Transportation was the key, luckily for the both of them...

"Union leader won't be within walking distance, so. We're gonna take my car and see what he has to say, so long as we get out of there with the money he owes, this should be simple. Come."

Amon started to walk his way past Giovinco and expected a trail. His vehicle was just sorted right off the alleyway that intersects with others and it was close to headquarters, smart parking for anyone who doesn't want their car in the way of whatever has to happen, one thing for example could be for attacks. But while that isn't really liable, considering. Amon started to unlock his car and make his way into the driver's seat, behind the wheel adjustment, his fingers eagerly tapped along the steering wheel, the door gets shut after him.

Report Post Tip

"Good luck!" Chickenz called after the pair as they left his office. After the door had been securely closed behind the last to exit, he stood rather abruptly and waited at the door, listening for the sound of footsteps leaving the building.

As he heard the door open and close once again, he exited, moving quickly out the westernmost exit.

He had absolutely no doubt in his mind that these two could finish this job, and with very little difficulty. But he still hadn't grown used to sending other people to do his dirty work.

As he stepped into the light rain, he didn't bother to open his umbrella. No point. He scanned the street quickly and saw that a shiny new Harley-Davidson 1200 cc SV 1931 had been parked nearby. His eyes popped, admitting the beauty of it's black and chrome frame for a moment before hopping on.

"Heeeelllloooo there, beautiful." He whispered to the bike, before pulling out a very large wad of hundred dollar bills and dropping it in the parking space that would soon be unoccupied. Chickenz was many, many things, but a common thief was not one of them.

He kicked the bike to life and roared off down the street to the address he had recently given the two leaving the office. He parked directly across the street behind an apartment complex and climbed to the top floor, where he'd have a good view of the action to come. He laid down there on the roof, overlooking the scene.

While he knew full well they could handle this themselves, he wanted to see it. There was no way he was going to miss this if he could help it.

Report Post Tip

She listened intently as Amon was speaking and shrugged after he was done. After he was done, she took her hands off her hips and scratched her cheek.

"Just going with the flow, huh? Fine."

As Amon made his way to the car, she quickly trailed behind him. Her eyes curiously wandered around her surroundings as they were walking. When they made it there, Giovinco jealously gave a look at the car and followed it a subtle nod. After Amon got in and shut the door, she was pulled out of her strange trance and entered the car in order to sit on the front seat. She started checking out the interiors of the car and shortly after she presented Amon with a question.

"How long do you think it'll take for us to get there? Just asking."

She seemed to be oddly charmed as she asked the question. 

Report Post Tip

Amon fired up his own car. It was a pure classic and beauty ran across it's outer design, as Giovinco asked the question he began to drive out onto the street and make his way towards the target location, he rolled a window down and has the wind blow his hair here and there.

"Not too long. Maybe a couple minutes at the max, if traffic goes to our desire. But, I also have a question, what's your name? I mean, partners should have to introduce themselves if they go on the same job together, don't you think?"

Amon gave Giovinco a wink. His own personality was cheesy, but he kept his eyes back out on the road and went through your normal afternoon drive, he passed by several houses that would just look out of the ordinary or just out of shape with the neighborhood surrounding it. He got into a stop with a car in front of him due to the traffic pause. Amon ran a hand across his jaw and let out a yawn as he placed his hands back on the steering wheel.

Report Post Tip

"Alright."

Giovinco responded after she was presented with an answer. But when she received a question back she was rather surprised.

"Haven't I told you? Oh, well, not that I know yours back anyway."

She gave a quirky giggle as she proceeded to give a straight answer.

"Well, I go by Giovinco. Family name, and I carry it with pride. Nobody around these parts know me by anything else."

She gazed out of the window with her teeth biting down on her tongue as if she was trying to hold in a laugh.

"It's strange how things change so quickly in such a short amount of time."

She then looked back at Amon, her smile softly fading away.

"Well, what about you? What do you go by?"

Report Post Tip

The name. Amon took the time while they were supposedly stuck in traffic to give Giovinco a look, as he ran another hand through his hair again, he began to drive soon after but still let out a few words, what are the odds?

"It's Amon, like your name, you have it with pride. So do I." 

Amon later continued to just manipulate the steering wheel each turn he needed to make, almost closing in on the location, he knew that he would have to get his hands dirty if things didn't go how the duo planned. An excuse was imminent and it was gonna be an excuse that wouldn't save him the union's leader neck out of what's to come.

"We'll be there soon. He's gonna give us the backdoor excuse as soon as we approach him anyway."

Report Post Tip

"Right. A pleasure."

She said after yawning and having a pathetic attempt to get comfortable in her seat. She would watch the places that they pass through, seemingly in either deep thought or no thought at all. After her partner commented on their status about them approaching their destination, she turned her head and softly spoke;

"How about we let him give the excuse first? If he does we'll deal with it accordingly. But if he doesn't... well..."

She laid her head back on her seat, looking forwards.

"...wouldn't that be nice?"

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Just tell us when we're there. I mean when we're there for good."

Report Post Tip

Amon smirked. He shook his head with such a rebellious look on his face, he was getting closer as the duo exchanged words and they were coming up to the union's leader workplace which would've been a dock, classic job for your regular grunts who wants to show off that they actually have a job. They drove right into the docks and eyes were on the duo and just following eyes, some of them stopped what they were doing and just stopped to look at the approaching vehicle which was the two. Amon tried to match each stare with his own, he could tell there was also a rising sense of tension, it was in the air.

"Looks like some of them weren't expecting visitors or guests of honor. Good thing I have something in my jacket in case something happens, let's go find our man who hasn't paid in such a while, we're gonna be expecting to find a hefty sum of money."

The docks could've been overseen by apartments which would've caught eyes for anyone occupying the residences. Amon went straight for the union leader's office which Giovinco just trailing right behind.

Report Post Tip

As their car entered the docks Giovinco took a curious look around her surroundings in a manner different than before. She raised her back off of her seat and carefully observed where she was rather than dreamily glancing outside. The many stares that she and her partner collected from the people within the area didn't seem to exactly be of comfort to her.

"Duly noted."

She said after Amon made his remark about the "something in his jacket". She then took a short, yet deep breath.

''Let's make this man pay.''

She said and as soon as she did, Amon jolted out of the vehicle. She trailed right behind Amon as they headed for the office.

Report Post Tip

"Buddy! What's your excuse this time?"

Amon stormed the office and didn't even bother showing manners. He got straight to the business of confronting the union leader, he jolted out of his chair and looked at the duo in fright. The man looked like he wasn't expecting such a visit from people that don't fit in this area, he knew exactly what was gonna happen like if it was pre-planned. Amon put his hands on the man's desk and gave him one hell of a stare and it was almost uncomfortable.

"Where is it?"

Amon said. The individual looked like he was almost pissing in his pants.

"Where's what? I uh, uh... Don't know what you're talking about! I swear! Listen, do you guys want my car, or..."

The stutter in the man's voice showed signs of fear. Amon decided to go around the individual's desk and send a fist straight into the man's gut, only hear a grunt with signs of pain and as the man slouched over he sent his head face first onto the desk. It didn't take too long for Amon to beat down on the man, an excuse was exactly as he predicted. Just as a bonus, his shoe trampled on the man's left foot, another yelp was heard and his right hand was just set around the back of his neck.

"Where."

"Okay, okay! Please, I don't want any trouble! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so late! I needed to fend for-"

Amon jabbed the man in the side. Hearing the excuses blurt out of his mouth like a dog that has been threatened was getting out of play in this situation, dirty work only required attention.

"Ouch! Okay! It's in the damn safe! Just to my left, please don't hurt me anymore! The code is 45-17-21!"

Amon glared at Giovinco. He motioned his head over as a gesture.

"Wanna do the honors?"

Report Post Tip

As soon as Amon waltzed into the office and started interrogating the man, Giovinco gently shut the door and the blinds. She then gaped one just slightly with her hand and watched if someone was coming towards them or not. While doing so she kept one hand in her pockets. She peered at Amon's interrogation halfway through it and gave an unexpected smile.

''Someone's having fun.''

She commented and gazed back to the outside to continue what she was previously doing. As Amon was done and asked her to do the honours she looked back and said;

''Why not? Just look outside to see if anyone's making their way here.''

She said as she was making her way to the safe.

''Just let the man go, he is clearly not important anymore or threatening.''

She kneeled in front of the safe and entered the code in. As the safe was opened, she faced all the money inside while proving that she had an ear on their conversation all along. She took out a smaller bag out of the bag she had with her and placed it next to the safe. She then quickly started counting the money and when she was done she stuffed them all in the little bag and stuffed the little bag into the bigger bag that she had with her. There was clearly a considerable amount of money left in the vault. Afterwards, she raised herself and approached the office's exit.

''Are we clear to get a move on?''

Report Post Tip

"Can't help it. I'm just good at this." 

Amon smirked at Giovinco as she was busy collecting the rest of the cash. Amon then threw the man backwards as he ended up smashing into a table and bringing down whatever was on it with him, he rubbed his hands together and gave a sigh as he looked down at his suit. He walked over to the vault and made a sneaky withdrawal, deciding to take some of the money for himself. He shrugged at the man at the floor as he was struggling to get up but was ready enough to give the duo looks of despair. 

"You got blood on my suit, asshole. I'm making a withdrawal."

Amon looked over at Giovinco and nodded.

"Let's go."

Amon started to walk out of the office and made his way down the stairs that lead down to the ground floor, the dock workers seemed to be ignoring anything that happened and continued lifting crates, setting them down and operating machinery. A grin ran along Amon's face with sudden surprise as he went inside of his classic, all-design car.

"Looks like it went off without a hitch."

Report Post Tip

As Amon went out of the office, Giovinco gave the Union Boss a final look. She sighed and shrugged slowly.

''Sorry pal, but business is business. Next time, try not to fuck the wrong people.''

As she uttered those words she left the office and gently shut the office door. Afterwards, she took off at a brisk pace in order to catch up with Amon. She was carefully yet subtly looking around if people were paying much attention to her, and to her relief, they weren't really. As she caught up to Amon and got in his car again she was quick to shut the door. She wasn't surprised that he demanded her attention soonafter.

''Let's relish on our success once we get out of this miserable place.''

She said, looking straight at the exit.

Report Post Tip

Amon started to reverse out to a point where he turn the vehicle around, which he successfully does. He drives out of the union docks without any trouble from the rest of the workers, for all we know could've been working under a plot but luckily they knew to stick to their business, now it was just off to drop it all off and make the split.

"Easy job. But, I can already feel the harder ones coming along. This was just some rookie beat down for an extraction of cash, once we get back to Headquarters or a spot we need to split this among ourselves."

Amon stated as he drove away from the area, next location was The Connexion Headquarters. The wind blew his hair again as he drove off onto the road and then a freeway that lead them back the same way they came from. He let out a sigh as relief.

Report Post Tip

She held on tight to the car's door and observed her surroundings and the nearby area as they got out of the docks. But as they proceeded further away from the docks, her entire posture changed in a way that indicated her increasing calmness as they went. She eventually let go of the door.

''Yeah, we'll split.''

She moved herself around the seat a bit, trying to get comfortable. She decided to put her hands behind her head and watch the road as they go. She took in the fresh air; in, and out. 

''Well, easy or not. It's still a job well done.''

She said, briefly looking at her partner and smiling. Not longafter, she looked back on the road and closed her eyes.

''I'm going to get some shut-eye. Let me know when we're close to our destination?''

Report Post Tip

Traffic just went on and on. The wind kept smashing into the duo like a never-ending storm, Amon kept going with the flow of traffic until they reached Headquarters, it was a somewhat long drive but they eventually took man pathways or the most shortcuts that he could so his partner could get shut-eye. It was not until some time had passed that they eventually reached The Connexion Headquarters with a job well done and with the money they're gonna split they could utilize it for more reasons, hell, parties, drinks, clothes. 

"We're here."

Amon began to pull up in the same alleyway his car was parked in the first time. He exited the vehicle and went to the back where the money was stored, as Giovinco decided to trail right behind to the back as well, the question rose to their attention.

"So. We just take whatever we assume is half and guess let it be from there? Gonna have to inform the boss that the job is done."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Final Warning
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL