Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 14:24:15
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
"Swango's" and Roundabouts Started by: Nikki_Swango on Jun 30, '17 16:55

Ahh, just what Detroit needed. Another damn bar. This was the prohibition, after all, so speak-easys were setting up everywhere under the not-so-watchful eye of handsomely paid corrupt agents. Just as long as you tried for an acceptable front, they tended to leave you alone.

Swango's and Roundabouts was one such joint. Legitimate, top-notch coffees and teas were for sale here, along with some fizzy drinks and various finger foods, all for a reasonable price. The good shit, though...that was under the counter. Shelf after shelf of imported liquors, wines, and beers available to thirsty mobsters, locals and out-of-towners alike. All are welcomed into this modern, upscale place that's been dressed in a deep purple, from the paint on the wall to the couches and small tables perched casually around the room. Nikki usually keeps a radio on and playing big band and swing music (get it? Swing? Swing at Swango's? Sssss!), but every now and again she can sweet talk a small trio or quartet to play whatever they damn well please, just for some live music.

Good businesses should have a little something special, though, particularly when there were dozens of you selling the same thing on the same block. Whether the owner considered her 'something special' more annoyance than benefit was unclear. She has second sight...a fair dose of it, anyway, so if you want to hear something nice about yourself, or maybe your future, free of charge, a simple brush of your hand against hers will do just fine.

And don't worry...she keeps the bad stuff to herself.

"Welcome to Swango's, what can I do ya for?" Nikki asks you with a big smile, leaning on the bar towards you, but careful not to touch you unless you touch her first.

Report Post Tip
Kid walked in, always followed by his trusty bodyguard Chu. He had heard of the newly set up bar, and was hoping to see Nikki_Swango as well. He wasn't sure if she had hired a barmaid or if she did it herself, and he missed seeing her around The Palace after Richard had been found dead in his room. He quickly noticed the beautiful woman standing behind the bar and couldn't help but smile at her. He definitly missed seeing her pretty smile everyday.

He walked up to the bar with a big smile. "How ya doin'? It's a nice place you got here, I can feel imma be visiting it often!"
Report Post Tip

"Kid!" She responded excitedly, leaning over the bar to deliver a hug.

Inside her head, so many images blew past that it was hard to pull any away from the rest. There was a cat wearing a backpack. A naked man playing saxophone in a brothel. A ninja? None of this shit made sense, but it brought a smile to her face. This little man had many interesting adventures ahead of him, no doubt about it.

"I'm so happy you came by. Can I offer you a drink?" She asked. She had no clue if he boozed it up or not at his age, but he was doing pretty well for himself, and, hey, who was she to judge? She'd just bought a dirty Sanchez, who was lounging lazily on one of the couches, stinking up the place due to his allergic reaction to deodorants and antiperspirants. Ah, well. He was pretty to look at, anyway.

Report Post Tip

Disgusted bounds into the room.  There is a big smile on his face as he looks around the room for the proprieter.  Not immediately seeing her he slides onto a bar stool and orders a beer. 

This is a nice place she has here.  The little lady does well for herself.  He says to himself as he enjoys the beer

Disgusted keeps an eye on the door at all times.  You always have to watch your own back in times like these.  You never know when an enemy will appear out of nowhere, or the cops.  Those guys can't be trusted either, even the ones on your payroll.

Report Post Tip

Nikki appears out of the back and spots Disgusted sipping a beer and looking over his shoulder from time to time. Shooting a glare at Sanchez, she indicates with a tilt of her head that he should remain alert on the door. With a lazy shrug, he grins and peels himself off of a barstool and swaggers to the door. Nikki steps behind the bar and rests her elbows on it, smiling at the Left Hand Man with the Epic Hair. 

"Heya! Everything okay? You seem a bit out of sorts there," she says, ready to help if help was needed. 

Report Post Tip

Disgusted looks over at Nikki_Swango and chuckles.  

Nah, I'm okay.  I just need to get a couple of beers in me, and I remembered you talking about your place in Detroit.  I thought I would stop in and see how you were doing.  It looks like you are doing well too.  Yes it does.

He looks around the bar, nodding his head as his hair bobs up and down seemingly independent of his head.

Report Post Tip

It's hard not to stare, his hair is mesmerizing. Snapping out of it, she grabs another beer and pops the top before placing it before him. 

"I can certainly help you there. Say," she says, grabbing a beer for herself and popping the top on it as well before taking a generous swallow, "do you have a business, too? I've been meaning to ask..." she says with a tilt of her head. He was quite charismatic and would clearly do well, if he was so inclined.

Report Post Tip

Shit failed again!!!! she mumbled because she got in jail again and again.

She needs some refreshing thing, she just arrived in front the new bar on detroit. "Swango's" and Roundabouts

She walks in, and looking around. It is interesting modern bar..When she walks in, there is beautiful girl greets her,
"Welcome to Swango's, what can I do ya for?" Nikki asks you with a big smile, leaning on the bar towards her.

haii uhmmm ,, yess.. I need a drink, music, and dance.. “ she is drunk already even before she drink.. 
Report Post Tip

Nikki grinned at the happy customer. 

​​​​​"Well let's see," she says, turning up the music on the radio before preparing her drink. As she passes it to the young lady, their fingers brush against each other and Nikki sees...a lot of death. But not in a sad, mournful way...more like a means to an end so that rebirth can take place. This was a cycle that would repeat itself until the little lady finally found her happy place. And she deserved it, too. She was a criminal, Nikki could see that in the images flashing in her mind, but this was a very special girl, indeed...loved and respected by many who patiently waited for her to find the life that made her content. Because they all want to see her content, including Nikki, who'd never even met her before.

"Music and drinks I've got. If any musicians stop in and want to play, we'll have some dancing, too. I'll dance with you, even!" She says with silly smile.

Report Post Tip

The beautifull lady turns up the radio .. Pfft starts to dance and wait her drink..

Nikki passes her, and freeze for a moment then smile and says to her

"Music and drinks I've got. If any musicians stop in and want to play, we'll have some dancing, too. I'll dance with you, even!"

Pfft loves to dance and music, she is happy because nikki is kindhearted girl and help her forget her problem..

"Why did you get freeze for a moment after you passed me ?? Am I remind you to someone ?"

Report Post Tip

"Oh, well I...um." She stutters, unsure what to say. Typically when people found out she had 'visions', they got scared off or wanted to make her a side show freak.

"Yes, that's it. You just look very familiar to me, maybe we've crossed paths before," she says, smiling at Pfft .

Report Post Tip

Topcat walks in he was in Detroit for a bit and wanted a drink he then spots a bar and heads inside. He was surprised by the attractive bartender he didn't see that very often.

"Hey baby can I get a glass of whiskey and your number?"

Topcat was expecting to get hit in the face that's how it usually ended for him but he was always optimistic that he'd get a number eventually.

Report Post Tip

Punisher barges through the door, not intentionally, he has just always been a heavy handed guy. He takes a look around the bar before making himself comfortable.

After checking the place out, he decides to go the the bar and get a drink.

"Hi, I'll have the largest bottle of beer you got. Thanks." Punisher has never been much of a talker, although when engaged he has no problem communicating. Because of a traumatic event in his past, anger has been his only emotion since that time, so he likes to keep it hidden as much as possible.

"Hey mam, you got a quite place i can sit with a little music?" Punisher asks Nikki_Swango

Report Post Tip

Nikki smiles at TopCat and pours him a good whisky before scribbling some numbers down on the bar napkin she sets his drink on. The numbers, however, look to be the code to a safe, rather than a phone number.

Keep 'em guessing, that was Nikki.

With a cheeky wink, she turns to Punisher and taps her chin in thought. 

"A large beer, rather than any specific kind?" She turns to look at her measly pint glasses and frowns. Then a thought struck her.

"Be right back," she says, heading to the office in the rear. There was a flower vase on her desk, sans flowers. She'd meant to pick some up to brighten the place up and had simply forgotten in her haste to return to Detroit. Giving it a good rinsing, she returns to the bar and pulls the tap, filling the container as high as she can while still maintaining a grip on the increasingly heavy vase. With two hands, she carries it over to Punisher and sets it before him. 

"Will that do? I believe it's the equivalent of three or four beers, but you look like you can handle it," she says, grinning now. 

"Sorry about the lack of live tunes, but if you can find what you're looking for on that radio over there, be my guest and make yourself comfortable," she says.

Topcat is still staring at the napkin numbers in confusion, and she reaches over and tugs playfully on the brim of his hat as she passes by.

Report Post Tip

Noodle slips into the bar using the opening another customer made by opening the door on their way out. As he looks around the place he notices his type of atmosphere for lounging. Couches, and lots of attention, hopefully. Picking his way through the place he finds a couch near the bar and hops up onto it. Finding a nice cozy spot on it he circles once before laying down for a quick nap, hopefully his presence would bring him some attention. Or maybe some treats, he liked treats.

Report Post Tip
Kid woke up from his standing slumber. It happened to him sometimes, to just fall asleep while he was standing and stay there for a couple of hours, as he was staying up for crazy hours working some mob buisness. He rubbed his eyes for a couple of seconds and immediatly noticed his buddy and slave Sanchez sitting on the couch. He looked around a little bit more and noticed Nikki_Swango was discussing with other clients she had.

He walked to the busy bar, impressed by the number of people who had showed up. Nikki sure had a knack for getting people in her bar, probably was because of her amazing looks. He waited for her to be done, as he had an offer to make her, hoping she wouldn't refuse it.
Report Post Tip

Terra spots her new friend Noodle up on the bar. She looks around nervously, half expecting a health inspector to haul her away in handcuffs or something, then realizes that a cat was the least of your problems when you were running a speakeasy. Relaxing a bit, she finds one of the stouter glasses and fills it with milk. No one was ordering any White Russians anyway. 

As she stands and scratches Noodle on the fanny while he drinks, Terra sees The_Kid approach.

"Kid! Good nap? You looked tired. You know you can always just claim one of these couches as your own, catch some sleep," she says with a wink.

Report Post Tip

Noodle enjoys the milk Nikki poured for him and purrs contently at her rubbing. He arches his butt area since that is where the attention is being paid to. After a few pets he turns in a circle bring Nikki's hand to pet his full length while still arching as she reaches his back side.

Report Post Tip

Someone  ever told her that the club isn't the best place to find a lover so the bar is where she goes. No.. She is not looking  for a lover, She just needs a little drink and get relax. 

So eugenia walks down to detroit's BD and finds a unique bar "Swango's" and Roundabouts. She walks in through the door, as she could see arround the table, wall, even couch are purple colour. It has beautifull interior, really a cozy place for hangout arround. But she is wondering why the owner didn't named this bar as " purple bar". 

When she is walking further into the bar, she listens Swing music, then she realize why it is called " swango" . Music makes her body move a little dance automatically. When dancing arround, Eugenia accidentally nudge a beautiful lady who is talking to a cat . Yeah! It Is weird! maybe she could speak cat's laguage, but it looks like a beautiful and friendly cat. 

" I'm so sorry, This music makes me put my Hands in the air and dance like I just do not care.." She is giggling because of shy. 

" Is He  your cat ? he looks so lovely " She pets the cat. 

Report Post Tip

Nikki laughs. "Hello! No, I'm afraid he's not mine. Someone has taken the effort to put a nametag on him," she says, turning the little tag so that Eugenia can see the name imprinted there, "but I'm not sure anyone actually owns little Noodle here. He seems to belong to everybody," she says, continuing to pet the little guy. 

"Can I get you a drink, Miss?"

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: "Swango's" and Roundabouts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL