Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 08:28:40
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Cruel - Today we lost one of our own. Started by: Squishy on Mar 16, '12 01:14

I hope he and his family find some peace God Bless you Cruel, I was a soldier of yours for a time and Pray for those you left behind

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace Dean Rathbone

Report Post Tip

Rest Well Deano you will be missed bud.

/me cheers this one is to dean!

hope u make ur way to those gates safely bro.

Report Post Tip

It’s always hard to lose someone like this, whether it’s family member or a friend. Dean will be missed and remembered forever. God bless. 

Report Post Tip

This truly shocked me.

A life taken far too early...

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Report Post Tip

Honestly couldn't see this happening. Soon as I heard he had made progress I assumed he would pull through. We never always saw eye to eye but at least he always did what he wanted. right or wrong. He was a good lad and he will be missed.

Report Post Tip

There are not a lot of people in the world that are like Dean was. He always made our friendship feel vibrant and exciting, and was genuine in a lot of ways that you don't find in online games like these. When I think of any part of my time in this community, I can't think of many times that I wasn't working with, alongside or fighting for Dean's multitude of characters. In one of my biggest successes on the game, he was right by my side every step of the way- reminding me not to take things too seriously when they got the best of me, making me laugh and smile when I needed it the most, and generally reminding me that- even though it was a game- he had my back no matter what. In my many years here, I haven't come across a lot of people who put in as much effort to help you as they do themselves, but Cruel did that without question or hesitation.

Dean is someone that I will genuinely miss seeing around the MR and IRC community. Though my visits as of late were infrequent, every time I appeared it never went unnoticed by him. He was one of those people that always made you feel at home, no matter how long you had been gone. All it took was a PM with "KENDWAAA!" and I was right back where I belonged- like I had never even left.

Always honest, always a straight shooter. Humble, appreciative and happy. We could use more people like that in the world, and it is a very, very sad fact that we have lost one of those few people this week.

Rest in peace, Dean. ILU buddy, and thank you for giving us the chance to know you here. Miss you. <3

Report Post Tip

A life taken way too early...

Rest in Peace dear Cruel.

~Drama

Report Post Tip

I am so sad to hear this.  Dean was a friend I never got to meet.  When we first met on MR, we were both in 'hiding' and had so much fun being each other's confidante.  We  spoke about how scary/cool it would be to meet someone that you only knew online.  My heart goes out to his family and friends.  I did go to Notre Dame's Grotto and pray for his soul, and lit a candle.  I will truly miss Cruel and all his antics.  He was one in a million, one in a lifetime.

Report Post Tip

This is truly and deeply heartbroken for me.  Cruel was a guy who taught me the ropes when I first started playing back in 2008-2009.  He was the very first person to speak to me.  Ever since we've been pals.  When I first heard that he was on life support, it felt like a brother was hurting and really hit close to home for me, even though I had never met the lad in real life.  I've been in tears the last little while over his passing.

Dean - you will be missed.  I'm looking forward to that day I finally get to share a pint with you.  Rest in peace, lad. <3

-Edward

Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace dear Cruel!

You will always be remembered!

Report Post Tip

This news really shocked me and brought me to reality. Dying is not just having a swim with da fishes.Once you're gone in RL you're gone. No coming back.I have never worked with Dean before but he has my high respect and as he leaves us he left one important lesson...Life is too precious to loose. And when you're gone the only thing the people around you can hold on are the memories that you left with them. I'll never forget the high quality of leadership Dean has. The only regret that I have is not having the chance to work with him. Rest well big guy..Rest well.

Gone but will never be forgotten.

Report Post Tip

Always someone who was there a great guy we grew especially close on your last character and when i lost my grandpa you were there and helped me get through everything i only with i could talk to you again man rest in peace your in a better place and ill see you on the other side brother it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and have been able to call you a friend

Report Post Tip

I know i never met you but Rest In Peace bro.

Report Post Tip

Awh man this is horrible news to log into. My heart (what heart I have anyway,) goes out to Dean's real life family during this time. Personally I've never lost any family, but I did lose my best friend of 20 who was a brother to me, so I can empathize even if I can't sympathize. Though Cruel and I were never best of friends, he, unlike many on this place, has never been an asshat to me even in the most deserving of times. I always found he was good for a nice laugh or to lend his opinion, and a few times he talked me through some things when nobody else around here would or could.

As stated, my heart goes out to his RL family. It also goes out to his family on here, even though he may not have had an account. Y'all know what I mean. Not even his "family", just those who talked to him, and knew him most. I didn't read anything other than Squishy's first post so if this has been mentioned, please forgive me, but if we could get an "In remembrance of Cruel" or something of the sort up in the jails, and maybe the home screen, I know it would help us all remember that life, however fun, however zany, is albeit too short.

Report Post Tip

This is most terrible news. As it was said before, after a few of the latest updates I thought he was going to pull through so this was devastating.

Rest in Peace Cruel.

Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace Bro haveing only been her a short time and remember you mainly as Thor you where one that openly offered tips and hints to help me for that i thank you and my heart goes out to your family and friends in there time of need.

Forever a place in my heart Cheers brother.

Bernie.

Report Post Tip

holy fking god. Man you were one of my first crew leader , really met great ppl here because of ya.. Shit man shit happens, but may you rest in peace. Really shocked, condolences  to your family and gosh. I guess i look forward to meeting you someday in a better placeup there. Rest in peace gain man. pretty speechless 

Report Post Tip

Initially shocked at the news of Dean’s accident and absolutely devastated upon hearing of his passing, my deepest condolences go out to his family and friends. I had a great deal of admiration and respect for this young man, I take solace in knowing he achieved so much in his brief life and through reading so many wonderful tributes I can see how much of a positive impact he made on each and every one of us.

The fifth anniversary of the passing of William Crawford has recently gone by, another uniquely gifted individual who touched on the lives of many here in the Mafia Returns community and who’s memory and spirit I still carry with me, just as I will do now with that of Dean Rathbone. I will think of them both often, with a mixture of sorrow and pride.

May they rest in peace, god bless.

Report Post Tip

I can remember the times that Cruel had power, and him early on. Rest in peace.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Cruel - Today we lost one of our own.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL