Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 01:31:07
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Today, we lost (another) one of our own. Started by: ViciousViper on Aug 31, '12 15:48

While I sit here still in shock a day later I decided its finally time to put what I have to say into words. Leigh you were about as good of a friend as someone could ask for. You were loyal and kind to so many people. You could be a massive ass but I loved you for it.

We started playing this game when we were just kids and I can honestly say that you didn't change one bit. You were that same arrogant but kind person I met when we I first came here years ago. You were honestly one of the reasons that I worked so hard at this game. I wanted to beat you all the time.

I posted this on facebook but I want to say it again. Leigh you were the kind of friend that doesnt come along often. I know the angels are happy today because they finally get to lay their eyes on you. You were taken entirely too soon and the only thing I can take solace in is the fact that you touched so many people in the short time you were here.

Rest in peace Leigh and crack one open up there and wait for the rest of us.

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace, Marco.  I am not able to process this at the moment, I am sure it will hit me later.

Marco and I met in IRC and we bonded instantly. He immediately asked me to be his right hand, and from there it went.  He taught me much about how this game is played, and even though I was older than him, he was my mentor.  He was like a big brother to me, and we had many talks into the wee hours of the night.  He always felt like he needed to protect me and care for me.  He loved to argue, and I don't think there were two people on earth who were less alike than he and I.  We formed a bond that I can't really explain.

I never had the opportunity to see him, or to even hear his voice, but we were close friends, and I will miss him forever.  He always has a special place in my heart.

Report Post Tip

I haven't been on here in ages but I had to return to say my goodbyes... RIP Marco...

Report Post Tip

I am still in absolute shock. Ive known you for years now, you are a molsonite, a lad and someone ive always been able to have a good bit of banter with. Only this week we were chatting about transfer deadline day and how it had the potential to be outrageous, I was looking forward to the craic after it but when I got home from work last night and saw the news I was gutted beyond belief. Today we have lost a friend to many and a prominent member of our society.

My sympathy goes to Leighs family and friends. He was loved here and im certain he will continue to be.

RIP my friend.

Report Post Tip

RIP Marco, never really spoke with you but all the same you will be missed.

Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace mate you were always there to help me out when i was just starting. And i know you will be missed.

Report Post Tip

I havent spoken to Marco in maybe a year, we've butted heads in the past but who hasnt around here? Anyways I feel he was far too young and am very saddend by this news, he was a top notch person and will surely be missed.

Rest well my friend,

Godbless.

Report Post Tip

I haven't been on here properly in a long while either. But Marco was always there when he was needed. He held his ground and the ground of those he knew. He wasn't always right but he never backed down and paid the price in game terms many times. His strength of character was immense.

RIP mate.

~bighead

Report Post Tip

utterly stuck for words.... im at a loss, can not believe what i have just read. we have never had a cross word, we always had a good time and have played the game in the very same fashion, i love you dude. sad, sad day.

rup rup pal. :/

Report Post Tip

This is the most devasting news I have heard and it saddens me deeply. You were a great friend to me. I've known you for almost a year now and just recently we have gotten closer and you were someone I could trust. I wish the future was still there for the crazy things we planned. I know I haven't been around much due to being busy with life, but I could always talk to you like no time had passed. You helped me a lot in the game starting out and gave me chances. You really gave me a lot. I am going to miss talking with you and you making fun of my accent. 

R.I.P. friend, Marco

- with love Melody Gardot

Report Post Tip

RIP Marco.

I don't mean this disrespectfully or anything, but how did Marco die?

Report Post Tip

He was involved in a terrible Car accident in the wee hours of the morning.

RIP Marco aka Leigh.

Report Post Tip

Wow...that's just a plain awful way to die...

Report Post Tip

I don't know what to say. I'm shocked. You were one of the few people who really showed me the ins and outs of MR. I owe a lot of my success here to you. You were the first person to give me a shot at becoming a crew leader. That seems like ages now. I took a bullet for you then and I'd do the same now. I goofed up a lot under your wing but you never stopped being a great leader. You forgave me for my lack of loyalty at the time and I respect the hell out of that. As time went on, we went our separate ways but we kept in touch for the most part. It was always fun shootin shit on IRC with ya. Eventually, as you stepped out of light as a leader, you become a better friend. That's when I finally found out how much of an asshole you were haha. Sometimes, I could cringe. At others, I would laugh but I knew at the end of the day that you were one of my boys. I suck at these things and my words are all over but I know you're in a better place now and it was a honor and a fucking blast to have known you.

Marco... rest in peace ya bastid.

Report Post Tip

Taken away too soon from us. Rest in Peace Marco, it was pleasure and honor talking to you.

Report Post Tip

I haven't been around here in quite a long time, but when I heard this today, I had to come back to pay my respects.

You were a great guy Marco, one of the best. You were smart and funny and you had a good heart, and you've been taken far, far too soon.

I hope you're resting well now.

<3

Report Post Tip

I miss our random mails... And I miss you.... This is truly heartbreaking.. Rest with the Angels Leigh..

Report Post Tip

I spoke to you once, in mob mail, and you were harassing me! It was V day and you were telling me to give up. And we both ended up laughing!

Rest well MR bro! May the angels walk with you!

Report Post Tip

Marco. I had the pleasure to be in your circle of friends. You were one of the very first people I met on here over a year ago. I am terribly saddened to hear about this. At first I could no believe it. I was in the most denial I have ever been in in my life. It was not fair for you to be taken out of this world and away from your family and friends in RL and on MafiaReturns. I know you are wherever you are, watching down on us. We all love you and will miss you forever.

Rest Well, Friend

Much love <3

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace friend

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Today, we lost (another) one of our own.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL