Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 20:16:57
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
False advertising Started by: Orithyia on Sep 01, '13 10:05

Ok, so... for some reason I'm still voting on the sites for you guys but I've seen something that irks me.

The tag-line for MafiaReturns on these voting sites is "The action is yours, the reaction is not".

Can we get this changed to reflect what really happens?

Report Post Tip

Weeeellllll, not to split hairs but that is what happened

Action:CLs being CLs...

Reaction: Izzy being Izzy.

The tag-line is SPOT ON, Orithiya.

Report Post Tip

The action was taken away from Quinten's hands, Mr Mcluvin.

So maybe.... "The action is yours (unless we don't like it), the reaction is not" ?

Report Post Tip

Weeeelllll,(god, I love typing that) Hypothetically speaking,Quinten still could ban the obvious eeevvvviillll that is mugging. The action is still in his hands, although the reaction won't prolly be from a player but rather from ZE GODS.

Report Post Tip
In that same concept, quinten would in theory have been preventing users from the action/re-action also. So your point is lost here orithyia.
Report Post Tip

How is it lost?

Quinten's action was by a USER, which should be perfectly acceptable.

I know you're one of the good guys 'bama and you know how fond I am of you... you'd rather not see any sort of fall-out between users or admins, but your last line was almost retarded. There is a HUGE difference between a user action that stops others and an admin action that stops others.

Report Post Tip

Even though I'm still getting all the details as to what happened to make Squishy write the announcement he did when I logged in earlier, I just want to say this.

I know you're one of the good guys 'bama and you know how fond I am of you... you'd rather not see any sort of fall-out between users or admins, but your last line was almost retarded.

Using the word  "retarded" so casually doesn't help your point or puts your character in a good light, Orithyia. I know this is supposed to be the "mafia" and we say all sorts of things in the heat of the moment, but this just makes you look ignorant.

Report Post Tip

This is OOC Blaise... I use that comment irl every time someone says something stupid.

I truly feel that comment was borderline retarded so I won't be taking it back. Alabama and i have spoken since that post and he didn't seem greatly offended by it, which is enough for me to stand by it.

Report Post Tip

Bucking for Martyrdom Orithyia?

The admin said months ago they would take the action they did if mugging was ever banned. Izzy lived up to his warning. Maybe CH should take heed of warnings.

Report Post Tip

It's really not worth commenting on if you don't know the full story Caldwell, it just makes you look silly.

Report Post Tip

When users actively try to hurt the game and restrict it's features, I think it's only natural that someone should step in and tell them to quit being cunts. No single player has any right to tell another that they can NEVER use this feature unless they wanna die or get demoted to go elsewhere.

Just cause you're a CL doesn't give you a right to "hurt" the game itself. Plain and simple, there's lines, you purposely cross them..well...too fucking bad when you get hit with the obvious outcome.

Report Post Tip

same comment to you random letter man... dont comment if you dont know.

I ALLOWED mugging so your comment is totally irrelevant.

Report Post Tip

You're defending someone and their choice that didn't though, that's what my comment was based off.

Nobody has a choice to hurt the game without repercussions, simple.

Report Post Tip

you didnt base it off that at all, you specifically said "you're the CL" and seeing as im the author, you meant me... don't try to back down now.

Report Post Tip

Nobody is trying to back down from anything, it was a "general" statement.

I can rephrase it if you'd like, here you go.

It doesn't fucking matter who you are, you don't have any right to restrict the games features and hurt the game. Position within the game be damned.

Report Post Tip

You think that the admin of a game punishing the game's customers when they don't like how the customers use or don't use features that attack other characters in the game isn't going to hurt the game?  The clear repercussion here is a very capable crew leader with a long standing reputation retiring from the game.  He isn't the one and only, others are fed up also.  He is just more vocal than most.

You say its "simple" and honestly it really is, but not the way you mean.  Treat a business like a business, and a customer like a customer.  Its a game, meant to be a game.  I stand by my previous statements.  The action is yours, the reaction is not.... if people want to complain that they cant use a feature the admins should politely apologize that they have misunderstood the rules of the game.... he should not punish a couple hundred people -- many of whom were not even involved in the supposed ban -- as though he is a disappointed father.  I think that was Teq's point.

Report Post Tip

It doesn't fucking matter who you are, you don't have any right to restrict the games features and hurt the game. Position within the game be damned.

Funny you say that. So Izzy is in the right for dictating a CL and his rules? It's as you say, their position within the game to make those rules. If Izzy wants those fucking rules in so bad he should make a character, rank up, own his own district, and make those rules himself.

Report Post Tip

You seem to think it's okay for users to take away from the presentation of the game and turn it into a little bubble that fits a few rather than the masses. How people don't see that someone needed to step in is fucking baffling to me.

It doesn't matter your position inside the game, you can not take away features from the game. You can not limit the game to your bubble and you can not hurt the game. Why fucking play if your rules are set out to restrict and hurt the game you supposedly love to play? Come on now.

If a customer come into your store with the intentions of hurting it, you see them to the fucking door by words or by force. NO game will allow you to hurt them, I don't care what you think the rules meant, it's the reality of the interpretation.

He did what he had to do, he couldn't wait weeks till things were coded in. Everyone complaining was around here for the warning that was issued. Would the out roar have been less if he just terminated the character and the hands of the family, or more? A warning was issued to stop it before it spread to other fools intent on hurting the game, at least that's how I see it.

Report Post Tip

RIP?

long live martyrdom?

Report Post Tip

Funny you say that. So Izzy is in the right for dictating a CL and his rules? It's as you say, their position within the game to make those rules. If Izzy wants those fucking rules in so bad he should make a character, rank up, own his own district, and make those rules himself.

So the bitches of MR could cry that he cheats? Lets be fucking real here, you're putting him in a no win situation. This fickle ass userbase has made it to where no admin can do anything without a river being cried.

Again, I don't care what you think is the CLs right to limit or not limit. No single player from Godfather to thug has the right to completely take away features and hurt the game. It's plain and simple. I beg of you to find me a game that would let a few users completely limit and destroy it from the inside without interference by an admin that actually cares.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: False advertising
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL