Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 16:32:54
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Shadowy Spirits Started by: RasAlGhul on Apr 11, '14 21:11
As Ras was sipping on his drink and chatting with Taisya, he noticed one of the big fellas walk into his establishment. It wasn't every day you saw a GodFather mingling with the common folk and it immediately made him more alert than he normally was. His pupils shrunk and his vision became extremely sharp, the hair on his arms standing on edge as Johnny chewed on his cigar.

"Business is going swimmingly Sir, I thought for a short while we were going to be shut down, but that blew over pretty quickly. Is everything alright? Must admit you've got me a bit worried coming in here, it's not terribly often I see someone of your status in a place like this."

As Johnny mulled over the question, Ras quickly finished the rest of his drink and hiccuped a few times before turning his attention back to Taisya. Smiling at her request of a heavy drink, Ras winked in a friendly manner and made the drink she wanted. He wasn't too proud of it, but the drink hardly contained any cola at all. The lady had wanted to get drunk and that is what Ras was going to deliver!

"Down time is always pleasant, ma'am. I myself just got back into town from some business in New York, I must say that the weather here is much nicer today! Looking forward to the summer much?"

Ras grabbed himself a beer and popped the top off before answering her question.

"Certainly we offer food! What kind of pub would this be if we didn't?!"

Ras grinned, unsure of what she wanted to eat.

"What is it that you would like this evening?"
Report Post Tip

Johnny sits in his stool twirling his cigar in his mouth looking at the bottles of whiskey behind the bar.

"Everything is just fine RasAlGhul, I was just needing a drink and wanted to stop by the place."

"I heard you almost got shutdown, glad we could get that resolved aye?"

Reaches into his pocket and pulls out a match, lighting his cigar.

"I need a scotch on the rocks, you think you can make that happen?" 

Report Post Tip
Turning his attention back to Johnny, Ras let out a breath of relief. The bossman had just wanted to wet his whistle, nothing was going on. This lightened his mood incredibly, and therefore he decided the next few customers would get their orders free of charge.

"Very glad to hear that Sir, though as always if you ever need any assistance with...'things', don't hesitate to ask!"

Ras winked coyly, shifting his body slightly to grab a fresh glass and the ice scooper. Dumping a scoop of ice into the glass, Ras expertly topped it off with one of his oldest bottles of scotch. Having already guzzled down his beer, Ras made himself a rum and cola before lighting a cigarette of his own.

"It is most fortunate that I didn't get shut down so soon after opening my doors! I think business here at this pub is booming and I most certainly expect it to stay so."
Report Post Tip

Taegan was squinting as she put her large black glasses on over her eyes. The sun was at the point in the sky that it was low enough to avoid the cars visors, but not low enough to be setting just yet. She tried not to frown as she felt it ruined her complexion. As she sat in the back of the car she pressed her dress down to make her more comfortable. Then crossing her legs she motioned for the driver to head out.

All she told him was to make his way towards Shadowy Spirits. She wasn't sure what the place really consisted of or who would be there, but she had gotten word that it was a nice joint. At least that is how the gentleman said it. Taegan also wouldn't mind a nice glass of wine or a martini. Work was a stressful thing and it was weighing down on her shoulders. Yet, you wouldn't be able to see this at all as she sat in the back of the car or when she got out of it when they arrived at the establishment.

Thanking her driver, he made his way around to where they parked and waited. Brushing her fingers through her blonde hair and tugging her dress down again, she made her way inside.

Looking around she couldn't believe who she saw. Johnny? Was that really him. Go figure they would both be here. She smirked and made her way over to where he was. Then placing her arm on his shoulder she leaned in and whispered into his ear.

"Hello there."

Winking at him she then sat down and waved over the bartender.

Report Post Tip

Johnny grabs his drink from RasAlGhul, taking a big drink and taking a big hit from his cigar.

"Yeah, it does seem business is booming indeed, and you have a nice crowd in here already, I'm sure it can stay that way."

Johnny takes a small sip of his scotch.

"This is a really good scotch, thanks man. It really is just what I needed." 

Reaching his arms to the right he grabs an ashtray near the end of the bar sliding it his way he sat his cigar down inside of it, as he turns the ice in his drink.

Report Post Tip
Ras awaited for Johnny to get closer to the bottom of his drink before swiping the glass away from him swiftly, pouring him another one immediately. His hands were still quite level which struck him as slightly odd - for he had been consuming alcohol for a few hours with hardly so much as a bathroom break.

Trying to sip his drink, Ras chuckled at his lapse of intelligence. The glass was already empty, though he couldn't remember drinking it. Looking down, he realized that most of it had indeed spilled onto the bar instead of into his throat. With a sigh Ras wet a rag and cleaned up the mess hoping that nobody had seen it.

Just as he was finishing, a slight breeze caught his attention and his jaw nearly dropped as he saw another one of the New York upper echelon walking through his doors. He felt very honored indeed, and approached her with a warm smile.

"Hello ma'am! Nice to officially meet you. I've seen you around the Streets but have never introduced myself before."

Ras stuck out his hand and shook the strangers.

"My name is Ras Al Ghul, how may I assist you this evening?"
Report Post Tip

Johnny is grabbing his refill from RasAlGhul as he hears the door open, listening to the soft footsteps he could tell it was a lady, but he didn't bother to turn around and check. Feeling someone grab his shoulders he turns to the side and sees a rather familiar face, Taegan! 

"Why hello Taegan, nice to see you in here! How are you today?"

"Why don't you sit down and have a drink with me, it would be great to catch up!"

He grabs his cigar from the tray taking a big hit and letting out a big puff of smoke as he drinks on his scotch.

Report Post Tip

Taegan nodded and then turned to order her drink. She was debating on what to get. Did she want wine or a martini? She wasn't a fan of red wine that much, but it was better for you, relaxed you. Yet, her favorite was Moscato. Pondering over it she just decided instead of arguing with herself over what wine she would just get a martini.

"Yes, I'll have an apple martini please. Then his next one is on me."

She motioned over at Johnny. He looked surprised that she was buying him a drink. She just smiled and then made his mind turn to something else by talking about work.

"You know some of these new kids are smart, while others seem to need to be tied to an anchor and sunk. I don't get it you know. Don't get me wrong though. I love most of them. Starting to feel like they could be my own kid, even though I'm not old enough to be any of their mothers."

Taegan chuckled a bit and then took a sip of her newly poured martini.

Report Post Tip
Ras slipped off into the cooler to grab a fresh lemon for Taegan's martini. Shivering slightly as he stood there perusing the shelves, he began to get lost in thought. Just a few days he opened the doors to Shadowy Shop in hopes of seeing a few customers here and there, and here he was now hosting two of the finest members of Queens.

Strolling back out to the bar, Ras chose a larger glass than he normally would for a martini and set to work. Reaching up to the shelf behind him he grabbed the vermouth and gin, wondering how his first attempt at a martini would go. Tossing some ice into a mixing glass, he slowly poured the alcohol into it and gave it a rapid shake. ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE. ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE. The amount of times he'd seen his Grandmother mixing a martini were near uncountable and he was fairly confident in his skills, so he wasn't too worried about displeasing the pallet of Taegan.

Pouring the drink out into the glass he had selected, Ras carefully placed a twist of lemon peel on the side of the glass before sliding it over to Taegan. She nodded appreciatively and began conversing with Johnny, so Ras decided to pull up his stool to where they were sitting at the bar. He was always one for picking up information when he could, and he knew that with the current company it was sure to be an interesting evening.
Report Post Tip

Johnny places his cigar in the ashtray, as he grabs his scotch taking a big drink. Emptying the glass he places it back on the counter waiting for RasAlGhul to return with Taegan's drink.

"I know how it can be with those kids, some have everything in the world they need to succeed in life, and others I feel like I need to plow them over the head with a brick to knock any sense into them." 

"At the end of the day though, they are all great kids and have the same goal in life. You just have to keep working with them and be careful, like you said, they will start to grow on you!"

Johnny reaches down and grabs his cigar as RasAlGhul walks back towards the front and grabs a chair.

"I need another scotch good sir, more ice this time though."

Johnny takes a big hit of his cigar letting out smoke as he waits on his drink.

"So Taegan, what is new with you these days?"

Report Post Tip

Taegan wiggled around in her chair for a second to stretch her back, then cracking her neck she sighed. She had forgot to tip the man when he brought her drink. So she waved him over and gave him a rather generous tip. He looked a bit surprised and thanked her. Moving her hand up to the top of her head she removed the sunglasses that sat there and placed them inside of her purse. She had forgot that they were there after she walked in and spotted Johnny. 

He was the one who took her in after her leaders kept hitting the dust. She was very thankful that he hadn't had the same fate as the last three did. She was very happy working for him, she was just doing her job or so she felt when one day he had approached her and asked her to move up even more in their ranks and become a leader herself. Remembering that day made her heart rise up in her chest and a smile formed on her face without her realizing it. She also hadn't realized that she already drank all of her martini. Raising her eyebrow she motioned to the bartender for another and thanked him. He made his way to make another.

"I can't believe how time has passed. Seems like just yesterday that I joined you. It is crazy how busy we can get and have no time for each other anymore. We only really seem to pass one another when our business requires it. A bit sad, that is."

Taegan then pondered over what was new. She wasn't exactly sure when the last time was that they had time to just sit and talk. Was it really all the way back to when she stepped up? No, it couldn't be. Shaking her head she then thought over all the changes that had happened.

"Well, I think you know most of it. Just work. Job after job, bust after bust. I did have a little get together with Desmand, but that quickly fizzled out. Nice man, but I think it was more of just fun to have someone to talk to about more than just work."

Moving her hands down her legs she let them lay between her knees with her fingers crossing. She then looked over to Johnny and smiled. Everyone knew that Taegan was too busy to bother with men. The only thing she did was have a few drinks and leave. She seemed to pride herself off of having a stone heart covered in gold.

"How about you, handsome? I'm sure you have so many new things going on. You are the talk of the town. I guess I shouldn't have got you that goat for your gift. It is running around like crazy in the streets and even on the side streets. You need to be a better master and keep him safe."

She nudged him in the side and then looked over the bartender. It was always nice to make conversation with them. She was being a bit rude by not doing so.

"How is business here, by the way? This is the first time I've visited, but I have heard many great things about the place. You're doing a good job at keeping it up and running. Very well kept, I might add."

Taegan took this time to glance around and take in all the sights. The place was very nice, very clean, and you could tell a lot of mafioso visited. Secrets seemed to be held in the air, just waiting for those sitting here to reach out and listen to them.

Report Post Tip
The alcohol in his system was really starting to get to Ras as he felt sweat drip down the back of his neck. Not wanting to ruin any of his clothing, or smell worse than he already did, Ras slowly made his way to the thermostat and adjusted it accordingly - turning it down a good eight degrees. Normally he kept it at a very comfortable dry 72-74 for his customers sake, but he knew soon enough all the patrons of the bar would be too intoxicated to take notice in the change of temperature.

Realizing that his ice container was almost empty, Ras slipped once more into the freezer to grab more. He sighed deeply as he stepped inside, his breath forming a cloud in the air. Taking a seat on a box in the freezer Ras figured he might as well stay for a few moments to cool down. The seconds passed slowly into a few minutes and Ras knew that if he waited much longer his customers would get irritated. With that in mind, he refilled the container that held his ice and made his way back to the bar.

He was very glad to see Johnny and Taegan still where they were when he left. He tried to make it not seem as if he was listening in on their conversation, but he was fully aware that they knew. He smiled internally at the pair of them reminiscing. Ras knew that being a Leader was a tough job, and he was ecstatic to be able to provide a bit of a getaway from the grind of Mafia life. Just as he was about to go grab some food to make for them, he noticed Taegan speaking to him.

"Business is absolutely fantastic ma'am thank you for asking! I must admit that I didn't expect to see such high class people in here, though. I was really rather shocked when I saw you walk through the door."

Ras grinned broadly, pleased that both Johnny and Taegan were enjoying themselves.

"So what is that brings you to Detroit this evening, business or pleasure?"
Report Post Tip

Johnny took another sip of scotch looking at Taegan as she drank on her martini, he heard RasAlGhul walking towards them from the back.

"I know you had it tough before I got a hold of you, but I'm glad I got you when I did, it's been nothing but a pleasure working with you, and giving you your own place to look after was the best decision I have ever made."

"You're doing a great job, and I know you will continue to do just that, but as for me, you know things can get quite busy. I've just been trying to do everything I can to make sure everyone is happy and given the proper things they need to help them succeed and myself of course."

Johnny took another drink of his scotch as he felt himself get a little dizzy, he notice the air had came on, but he figured that would only make him feel better in the next few minutes. Standing up he unbuttoned his jacket and placed it onto the seat next to him. 

Sitting back down he grabbed his scotch, downing the rest of it and placing it back onto the bar, looking over at RasAlGhul.

"Maybe I'll take just one more my good man!"

Report Post Tip

"You know, they say if you try to make everyone happy you will end up with no one being happy. So just do what you think is best, my dear."

Taegan smiled at him and placed her hand on his shoulder. She knew what he meant though. Many times she did the same and felt like she was bending over backwards just teying to do everything right. She now knew that it doesn't always work well doing that.  Just to do your best for those who do the same for you. 

"Life is a bumpy ride, ours just happens to be rougher!"

She couldn't help, but giggle a little at what she said. Giving Johnny a wink she then finished her drink. She too knew this next one was her last one.

"One more for me then I will be closing my tab! Thank you!"

Report Post Tip

Taisya had watched as Ras was filling everyone else's drinks. She sat quietly and mulled over the food she wanted the most at this time. She was grateful for the drink that Ras had made for her. Drunk or not she thought it was a good idea. She had been working her ass off for her own Godfather and was sure he'd understand if she had some down time for herself.

Catching Ras' attention she waited on him to finish his task and get around to her.

"I'd like a cheeseburger with fries please. Probably not best to continue drinking without eating something and I plan to keep drinking" She laughed.

Folding her legs under she sipped on her drink. Before she knew it half of it was gone.

Report Post Tip

The day had been a busy one, as her brain kept ticking as she tried to settle for the night, she wandered the streets quietly hoping the exhaustion would tire her out, but seemed to no avail.

"noticing the chat, she watched up to the bar, you got any james buchanans behind that bar please"

she smiled as she looked at the different bottles and shapes and sizes behind the bar, and wondered woefully how many people woke up sore trying to take his fill of each

Report Post Tip

Walking around Detroit, can get a girl thirsty. My smooth leather skirt attracting the heat to my smooth and toned thighs. The black button down shirt with pinstripes, unbuttoned to real a set of ample breasts, and untucked, and just setting above my ass. my heels are barely audible, as there are people and some chatter to be heard .

Turning my head and  taking a look at this establishment, it looks like the typical bar, and  I see my Crew Leader, Taegan. I decide to sit near her, and look over the selections that I can see. I am unsure what I really want, much less what is good here. I look around and see what everyone is drinking.

Folding my arms in front of me, still trying to decide what sounds good. I think something fruity and sweet sounds good, and I ask the bartender if they have something like that... a nice red full bodied red wine. Smiling at the bartend and attempting to get their attention.

While I am waiting some, as there are other customers before me, I listen to the banter that I hear around me... listening for anything of interest, smiling at my Crew Leader.

Finally, I get the bartender's attention, and place an order for a nice red wine, a sangria, if they have it. Thinking to myself,  I giggle a little as it seems I always find the watering holes in the town I am in.

Report Post Tip

Melis just fresh from her flight to Detroit slides through the doors of the Shadowy Spirits. Her nerves were shot. She hated flying away from her own home but she had kept meaning to travel and visit all of the places her good friend had up and running. He was quite the busy man and she had plenty of time to spare.

Smiling as she took in the well kept place. "This would do" she though to herself. Looking for a quiet spot among the people chattering away. She spotted one on the far end of the bar. Grabbing a stool she quickly hopped on it and looked for Ras. She knew he would be around here somewhere. He knew what she liked to drink and how to make it perfectly. She'd settle for no less when it came to her drinks. Especially the mixed kind.

Tapping her nails on top of the bar, Melis kept her eyes peeled for any sign of her friend.

Report Post Tip
The day had already proven to be a rather productive one for Ras as he boarded his flight from Chicago to Detroit. Stuffing himself with as many free in-flight peanuts as possible, he rubbed his stomach with a slight smile on his face as he un-boarded the plane. Knowing there were a few people he was supposed to stop by and see, Ras sighed when he realized that he wouldn't have the time. The sole purpose for this flight was to check in on his pub, his friends in Detroit would have to wait.

Strolling quickly from where his taxi had dropped him off in the direction of the Business District, Ras whistled happily. Nothing like having a very productive day to make his mood a stellar one. Smirking at that thought, he knew the rest of the night would go well too - even if he had to drink to ensure it.

Taegan and Johnny both having long since left, Ras notices Lizzie standing at the bar. Slipping behind it, Ras grabs a rag and tosses it over his shoulder before confronting her.

"I'm sorry ma'am, some what? I don't believe I recognize that type of alcohol."

Turning to Serephina, Ras almost had to do a double take. Though she normally carried herself in a superb manner, she was sure to turn heads today. Grinning as he retrieves her bottle of sangria, he pours a healthy measure into an ice filled cup before sliding it across to her.

"How the hell are you this evening, Serephina? Sorry it took so long to get you served, other worldly matters required my attention for quite some time. Next few drinks are on the house!"

Ras glanced up and saw Melis sitting at the end of the bar, staring off into space and tapping her fingers on the surface of the bar. Chuckling, Ras grabbed himself a very large mug and filled it with cold beer before getting another glass for Melis. He didn't even have to 'take her order', as he knew perfectly well what the woman preferred. Dumping a few pieces of ice into her glass, he filled it halfway with cola and the rest of the way with rum, tossing two cherries on top just for the hell of it.

As he progressed down the length of the bar, Ras lit a cigarette carefully with one hand whilst holding both drinks in the other. Making sure not to get any ashes in Melis's drink, Ras plopped it down in front of her and dragged his stool over to where she was seated.

"Well, long time no see there, stranger!"

Ras chuckled, having just spent a few hours in his pizza shop with her.
Report Post Tip

Melis also laughed with the joke. Smiling at the drink Ras had poured. She noted the cherries and smirked. Her mind lulling off once more into its own dark corner.

"Hello! I did promise to check out your other businesses."

She stopped her nail tapping once she had noticed she was still doing it even while the drink was in front of her. Taking a sip on it and instantly felt herself calming down slightly.

"Have I ever told you I hate flying! Scatters my nerves just about everywhere but where they are supposed to be. I don't know how you do it."

Laughing as she took a large swig of the drink. Draining at the very least half of what was poured for her. She loved her rum and cola.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Shadowy Spirits
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL