Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 04:03:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Shadowy Spirits Started by: RasAlGhul on Apr 11, '14 21:11

After taking a sip, Maeve curses herself. She forgot to ask for no ice... Oh well. That aside, it is still a very good drink. She turns her head to look in the direction Ras had indicated and smiles as she spots the darts again. She isn't quite inebriated enough and would have no excuse for missing the board nearly every time sober. Taking another sip, she smiles.

"Maybe after I'm finished with this drink... And possibly another..." 

Report Post Tip
Ras was a fairly accomplished drinker, and thusly had almost finished his drink at this point. He decided to excuse himself momentarily and whip up another one, with nothing but alcohol. Filling his glass to the brim with just rum, he chugged half of it in one sip and refilled it. Normally he wasn't that much of a heavy drinker, but it had been a long day.

Taking a look around, he shook his head. The place used to be hopping with customers to the point where he could hardly keep up, and now it was almost empty. He wondered what had changed, him, or everyone else. Most people were content enough these days with just robbing the occasional post office and picking a pocket or two. But not him, no sir. He always had wanted more to do, which is part of the reason he was so thankful for his many successful businesses. Alas, shrugging himself out of his momentary thought process, he noticed the suit Maeve had been wearing.

"Heh, I didn't even see that you are a notable member of the Philly crime syndicate, how rude of me. I trust they're treating you well?"
Report Post Tip

Maeve blushes and smiles as he mentions her affiliation with her crew back in Philly. She had been with them for some time and managed to work her way up to the Left Hand Man position, a position she holds with pride. True, her family is small, and some of the members might not be around very often, but she does the best she can to make it a place worth being in. She finishes her drink with a smile.

They are treating me very well, thank you. 

Report Post Tip

Johnny had just arrive in Detroit a few hours earlier in the day, he came from Chicago, not a very long flight but it makes a guy thirsty.

Arriving at his room Johnny tossed his things in, grabbed a quick shower and headed out.

Walking outside he got in a cab, he was headed to his good friend RasAlGhul's bar. Upon arriving Johnny took a step inside and took off his coat handing it to one of his bodyguards, he walked inside and made straight for the bar, taking a seat in the middle and looking around for

RasAlGhul wasn't at the bar when he took a seat, but he heard rustling in the back and knew he would be right out. 

Report Post Tip
Ras nodded towards Maeve, someone whom he'd only just recently started being in contact with. He found himself doing this a lot recently, extending out his voice to many folks. He liked being social, though sometimes it was much better for his sanity and health that he stick to himself. Quite glad that they were treating her well, Ras noticed that her drink was gone.

"Would you like a refill on that?"

Ras asked politely, grabbing himself a fresh beer. He cracked open the top swiftly before chugging half of it down in one go. It had been a long day of roaming the Streets, silently listening to many of the debates and conversation to be had. He hadn't quite collected all his thoughts on all of them, so he merely listened in and strolled by as if nothing had happened.

Whilst Maeve was debating on whether or not she wanted a refill, Ras stood up and went to the kitchen in search of some food. He had a feeling it was going to be an extremely long night of drinking and knew that if he didn't get some sustenance inside him, he would be obliterated within the hour. Perusing the freezer, Ras couldn't decide between chicken wings or mozzarella sticks - so he took both out and started up the friers. Figuring he'd check to see if Maeve was ready or not whilst the friers were heating up, he strolled back out to the bar and finished off his beer. Looking up, he noticed Johnny standing there. Ras grabbed a large glass and threw some ice into it, filling it to the top with a fine scotch - for he knew what his GodFather's normal preference was. Sliding it over silently to the man, Ras merely saluted him and took a seat in his bar stool.

"Sir. I trust you've been well?"
Report Post Tip

Maeve blinks as Ras walks away right after asking a question, not even waiting for a reply. When he returns, rather than going back to her for an answer he strolls over to the new patron and starts up a conversation. She sighs and rolls her eyes as she waits patiently for his attention to turn back to her so she can get that refill he mentioned. This time she'll try to remember to get it with no ice.

Report Post Tip
Ras felt incredibly rude for not having checked back in with Maeve before serving Johnny. His attention almost nearly always shifted towards serving him first, as he did after all, sign the check(s) for the criminal dealings that Ras found himself mixed up in. Excusing himself from Johnny for a moment, Ras walked down the bar and flashed an apologetic smile towards Maeve.

"Sorry, dear. My brain is scattered all over the place this evening, one of the many reasons I think I'm going to get quite drunk! Luckily, I'll be around all night and you won't have to wait long for service at all!"

Ras gave her his best puppy dog eyes and hoped she'd forgive him. He proceeded to light up a cigarette, glancing down the bar at Johnny. The man would understand, he knew that Ras was a very busy man. Hopefully the Boss wasn't here for anything other than a drink, though. With an internal sigh, he blew a ring of smoke into the air above his head before resuming his conversation with Maeve.

"Might I be able to get you a refill, ma'am?"
Report Post Tip

She smiles as she watches the man fumble over himself to get back to her. That's more like it. She nods and hands him back her empty glass.

Oh, if you don't mind, no ice this time, please.

Smiling sweetly, she pats down her pockets and sighs.

Also, would I be able to trouble you for a smoke? I forgot that I'm completely out...

Report Post Tip
Ras nodded. Of course it was no problem, one of the things he enjoyed most about being a business owner was getting the customer precisely what they wanted. Had he known the first time, he wouldn't have put so much as a single ice cube in the lady's drink. Sadly, she had not specified this, and Ras found in his vast experience as a bartender that the majority of people enjoyed their drinks as cold as possible. Of course, Ras thought with a chuckle, it wouldn't matter if you drank it fast enough!

Feeling particularly generous, and also wanting a game of darts, Ras made Maeve's rum and coke a bit stronger than he normally would have. Looking at the bottle of rum, he realized that it only had about a quarter left. He made a mental note to call his distributor and order another one. Handing the glass over carefully (for it was damn near spilling over the top), Ras reached into his pocket and grabbed a cigarette, setting it in front of the lady.

"Sure thing, no problem at all! I will warn you, I made that drink a bit strong. I'd rather like a game of darts, and you said you needed to be far more drunk for it! On a side note, how are you liking this place?"
Report Post Tip

Maeve grins as she carefully brings the drink to her lips, sipping it down so it doesn't spill over the edge before she carefully sets it back down. Reaching into her pocket while she picks up the cigarette, she pulls out a lighter and lights the smoke, blowing out a stream of smoke before she takes another sip of the strong rum and coke.

"Fair enough, I think darts would be a great idea, soon. And apart from the atrocious service here..." She gives him a smile so he knows she's joking, "I think this place is great and I might actually have to stop by more often."

Report Post Tip

When Orchid walked into the bar, she squinted immediately into the blackness of the place. Using the excuse of hanging up her coat, she took a few moments to let her eyes adjust to the murk. Orchid began making her way carefully between the crowded tables, muttering apologies when she bumped into folks, heading straight for the bar. Upon her arrival, she carefully smooths her gloved hands on the burnished wood before calling out to her old friend.

"Oh, Ras! Any chance I could get a martini over here?"

Report Post Tip
Ras had been waiting for Maeve to order another drink, but it seemed she was lost in thought. It was all right with him though, as he looked up to see one of his oldest and most dear friends walking in. He wondered what her poison would be this evening, and didn't have to wait very long to get an answer. YUCK, he thought to himself, he never did care much for martini's. Grabbing a beer for himself, he got a martini glass out for the lovely lady and tilted his head up.

"Hiya dear! Glad to see you out and about! Now for this martini, dry or wet?"
Report Post Tip

Orchid's mouth stretches into a smile that is almost not a smile as she waves her hand carelessly in the air. "Wet, I suppose. You know, I'm half-surprised you even bother keeping the stuff around for martinis. I think I only order them to annoy you. I mean, that and the fact that rice wine is so hard to come by here." She leans back slightly, looking over the bar and its denizens. "Quite the place you have here. Depressing with how black it is, if you ask me."

Report Post Tip
Ras chuckled, knowing that irking him was one of Orchid's favorite past times. One of the perks of knowing someone so well was that little quirky things like this became habit, and not at all annoying. He set to work making her martini, occasionally pausing to take a sip from his beer. Christ he liked the stuff, by the time her drink was finished, so too was his beer. With a little laugh, he poured himself a rum and coke and slid Orchid her martini. Sliding his bar stool down across from where Orchid had chosen to sit, Ras sipped on it slowly and waited for her to take a drink of her martini. He used a little more alcohol than he normally would have, since they were such good friends.

"You're just about the only reason I keep the stuff around, dear! Nobody else ever orders them!! What brings you to Detroit this evening??"

Ras inquired, balancing back on the legs of his seat carefully. It was risky, one wrong move and he could fall back and smash his head off the counter in front of him, or the sinks/coolers behind him. He didn't care though, what was life without a little risk?
Report Post Tip

She breaks into a grin, taking a long sip from her martini. She did love coming back from a trip to the homeland to lounge at a bar with one of her American friends. At the thought of her trip to China, she frowned slightly, remembering what she had seen there.

"Oh, I just had some business to take care of. Trying to get some new connections. I...I am not liking the political situation in China. Tensions with Japan mount day by day, and...it will erupt soon. If the Japanese can push through Shanghai...well, I believe they might have the whole country then. It will be torn apart for years. For us. that means two things: there will be many people selling family heirlooms for cash, and it will be incredibly hard to move them out of the country."

Orchid's gloved finger ran around the rim of her glass as her head tilted thoughtfully.

Report Post Tip
Ras nodded and listened carefully to his friend. He knew she'd been out of town, her assistant made sure to drop him a letter stating that, so he would stop pestering her secretary. He too recently had flown overseas, though not to make new connections. No, he already had those in place. Ras smirked to himself and tried not to get ahead of himself. There was still plenty of planning that needed to happen before he'd be able to score on the info he'd received.

Ras didn't know much...or anything to be precise, about Asian government/policies, only that immigrants from those countries made great mules. Not wanting to seem rude however, Ras replied.

"Well, that sounds like a load of bullocks! Though I am sure with all of the connections you have that you'd be able to make an absolute killing off these black market deals, no?"

Ras swigged back his drink and drained most of it, as it was going down as smoothly as water by this point. With a sigh, he set off to making another one and lit a cigarette while he was doing so. He remembered Orchid's comment from before and went back to it,

"Some people find the color black very depressing indeed. I find it strengthening and enhancing, it gives me energy. It also allows me to blend in very easily, something I pride myself in!"

He had nearly finished making his drink at this point, and wanted a taste test. Taking a small sip he screwed back his face and nearly dribbled it back into the cup from his mouth. Not nearly enough alcohol! He swayed on the spot and poured a large measure into the glass, which was nearly overflowing. Slurping back on the top bubble that had formed, which was keeping it from spilling, he was much more satisfied at its soda to alcohol ratio. Turning to face Orchid, he smiled warmly.

"You due for a refill yet, dear?"
Report Post Tip

She shrugs and tips back the last half of her drink, suppressing a cough at the strength of it.

"Oh...yes, another drink. Make it one of those, though." She motions to his rum and coke. After coughing delicately into her hand, Orchid leans back slightly, her head tilting to one side. "I'm not sure I can agree with you about the strengthening and all...it just feels a little claustrophobic. Certainly does provide...discretion to your clientele."

Report Post Tip
"And would you like it as strong as I made my own, or a little bit less alcohol?"

Ras finished off his cigarette in one long drag and snubbed it out in the ashtray on the bar, enjoying the feeling of smoke in his lungs. Quite a few people complained to him that the cigarettes would harm his health, but he shrugged it off. In the line of work he was in, a bullet was much more likely to end his life.

"Ehh, some people don't like it, a few others have dropped me mails after leaving here stating so. Black reminds me of shadows, and from those I draw comfort and relaxation. They are after all my greatest friend in this life."

Ras poured a bit of cola into the cup he'd gotten out for Orchid, and reached for the rum bottle. Filling it up with what was considered a "proper" amount of rum, he tilted the bottle back so it was no longer flowing, but left it hovering over the cup as he awaited Orchid's decision on the strength of it
Report Post Tip

Orchid motioned for Ras to pour more alcohol into the glass, nodding slowly as she listened to him. After he slid her drink over, she took a long draught.

"Notoriously unreliable friends sometimes, though. All it takes is a flashlight, and they run away!" She chuckles at her own joke, leaning forward toward Ras. Her face suddenly became serious. "But really, Ras. If you have any connections in China--and I know you do--make sure that you get as much money out of them as you can before the whole country burns." She takes a thoughtful sip of her rum and coke. "They might not be alive in a year."

Report Post Tip
Ras nodded and made a mental note of it. Though his contacts in China weren't nearly as notable as the ones he had elsewhere in the Middle East, there was probably still quite a bit of money to be made. Deciding that the last cigarette just didn't quite cut it, Ras lit a fat cigar and sipped away at his drink happily. Good booze, good company, definitely a good evening.

"I'll be sure to do that dear. Maybe perhaps make enough to buy a new toy for Buddy, he gets so bored around the HQ that I think he's taken to eating Sammy's slippers... Though, I blamed it on Shaggs to be honest."

Ras chuckled a fair bit and then clamped his hand quickly on his stomach. It had just emitted the most atrocious growl at him, and he knew that if he didn't find food quickly, all the alcohol he'd consumed was going to disagree with him immensely. Standing up suddenly, he turned around and looked at Orchid over his shoulder.

"I'm going to run out back for a minute and whip up something to snack on, would you care for anything?"
Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Shadowy Spirits
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL