Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 01:14:09
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Lets take a stand on funeral disrespect Started by: Vaelin_Al_Sorna on Jul 21, '14 19:35

Walks up to the grave a "Zipping" sound is heard, and is heard again. Reminds himself that even his own urine is to good for this worthless grave.  Knowing that this piece of trash will go into existence forgotten.

Reply by: CookieMonster at Jul 21, '14 00:50

http://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=837769

Are we as a community going to allow such actions to occur? It has always been a golden rule around here that you respect funerals. If you have nothing nice to say, don't visit. You can save your venom and bitterness for their next of kin, or contact them via IRC. The above statement in a funeral is in no way shape or form acceptable. I care not for what the person did, you shouldn't act like that. It lacks class and dignity.

Report Post Tip

He has done it in 3 funerals that i have seen and it sickens me we are mobsters not some trailor park trash from some back water town

Report Post Tip

Can someone please explain to me when being a mobster meant having manners?  In all honesty last I checked, given the opportunity a mobster would crash a funeral if given a chance.  Why does being dead deserve you respect?  

At the end of the day, it's a persona thing.  If a player wants to have a bad demeanor that is his/her prerogative. 

Report Post Tip

in the olden days funeral disrecpect ended with death i believe it was Ragnarok who started to enforce it a ways back and didnt really see any of it until Ziva did it to a rogue from her family

Report Post Tip

Ziva didn't outright piss on a grave though as much as explain why this guy had acted selfishly and betrayed the crew and proved reservations about him correct, iirc.

There's a difference in my opinion between pissing on a grave in the way that was first given as an example here, and leaving a negative comment about the way that somebody has acted without, y'know, acting like a 12 year old about it.

Although considering that, if I'm right about who you are, ScaryGuy, your entire Godfather run is best summed up by "acted like a 12 year old", I wouldn't expect you to see any difference. 

Report Post Tip

i believe i said funeral disrespect

Report Post Tip

This is pretty sad. Even worse that it happened three times.

Report Post Tip

Actually in the real mafia world not showing up to someones funeral would be the sign of ultimate disrespect.  I remember when Paul Castellano didn't show up to Aniello Dellacroces funeral and Aniello was his right hand.  The family wanted to whack Paul just for that.  He claimed he didnt show because he didnt want the cameras on him.  I dont think real mobsters actually piss on peoples graves.  Highly unrealistic.

Report Post Tip

i believe i said funeral disrespect

And I believe that there's a difference between "disrespect", which I'd count as something like literal grave pissing, like we've seen in the original example, and leaving comments that don't allude to the sun shining from out the arse of the deceased. If you want a respectful death, lead a respectable life, in my opinion. Which is what I tried to explain above and obviously is something that flew right over your head. 

At the end of the day, I can tell the living that I disagree with something that they've done, that I think they've acted poorly and the like, WITHOUT being outright disrespectful. Same standard applies, in my opinion. If we're counting any kind of disapproval as disrespect, we really might as well do with all "forum" areas of MR entirely. 

Report Post Tip

Rofl.

I totally didn't even see this. Oops.

Report Post Tip

I don’t think this topic is so black and white. Good or bad, allowed or not allowed, respectful or disrespectful. 

Lets take a hypothetical situation. Crew leader Bob is chilling in his sauna in Chicago when all of a sudden his bodyguard charges in with news that crew leader Bob’s right hand took a flight out to New York and shot a respected, high ranked mobster in cold blood. Crew leader Bob is outraged. He charges out of the sauna butt ass naked, picks up the phone and demands for his former most trusted man’s life. 

Skip to a few days later and it’s the funeral. Let’s call the dead right hand Ed. Ed’s family, both bloods, paying their respect. Crew leader Bob arrives. Steps out of his limo and heads into the church and when he approaches the casket to get one last look at Ed, he spits on the dead body and curses a few times. Mutters what a traitor Ed was and departs as quickly as he had arrived. 

Is it disrespectful of Bob to pay his final “respects” to Ed as he saw fit? It was Ed that had disrespected Bob first right?

But there are whispers through the funeral home of how Bob treated Ed. It wasn’t very nice and it was full of disrespect. Truth be told, Bob isn’t the best crew leader and the person that felt that the most was Ed. So Ed retaliated, killed a guy to show Bob what he really thought about him. To put Bob in a bad position. Good thing Bobs pockets are spilling out with bills and bank accounts full. He can make it all better with a little money, but Bob still felt disrespected and wanted to have anyone who sympathized with Ed to know he wasn’t happy with Ed’s actions, maybe even Ed’s boy, let him know he wouldn’t have a place in whatever district crew leader Bob ruled. 

The next car that rolls up to the church is a Godfather from New York, the one that lost one of his inner circle because Ed had a problem with Bob. Would it be okay to have that Godfather act the same way that Bob did? This Godfather wad disrespected by Ed but at the same time he’s on Chicago’s turf, not New York’s. Does he even have a place to speak ill of Ed? Should this as well be handled behind closed doors just as much as everything else seems to these days?

How about if some no name from Las Vegas comes to Ed’s funeral. Ed and this guy grew up together on the streets of LA. They kept less in touch over the years, but still had a phone call or a lunch together whenever they could get the chance. Las Vegas is upset that his friend was taken out, he doesn’t even acknowledge that Ed deserved to be shot, all he cares about is his friendship outside of the criminal life. 

Is it disrespectful of this Las Vegas friend to sympathize to Ed’s cause? To let it be known at the funeral that he supported Ed’s quick decision to throw away all he had worked for and toss his criminal under the buss because he understood the way Ed felt, that some people just never knew when to give things a rest or how to speak to people. Las Vegas friend wasn’t involved, but to add his comments in for shits and giggles, is that not disrespectful to crew leader Ed or the Godfather of New York? 

So who gets away with what? Only those involved? Only those who lost someone? Only those who were disrespected? Only those who have good things to say? Only those who want to but in? 

In game we all have the option of typing out a public whisper, but hey, those usually aren’t players who are getting those public whispers so who cares if they are disrespectful right. 

Years (yearsssss) ago, I disrespected a funeral. I didn’t take my character and write them out to literally piss on a grave, but I made it clear that I didn’t like what had gone down. I did post from an in character view. I think a lot of people forget that the funerals are in character.

I can’t even remember who’s funeral it was or the situation. I do remember my crew leader pulling me aside and telling me that wasn’t cool. I can’t remember the consequences, but since that day I learned that I would have to word everything extra careful in funerals if I didn’t want to just say “lays flower down, rip”. Now I don’t know if my crew leader didn’t like me doing that because his own personal belief or if he was getting pressure from another, higher power figure. 

At the end of the day I think funeral home respect should be treated just like any other matters of respect in the game. If Timmy pick pockets Stacey and Stacey mugs Timmy and Timmy shoots Stacey, there crew leaders are going to get involved. Maybe even before the shooting even happens. Funeral respect should be a responsibility that falls on the shoulders of the crew leaders. They call the shots to everything else that happens with their family. How to deal with Stacey and Timmy or how to deal with one mobster roguing out and shooting another. 

What happens if it’s all in one district? What if Ed had shot at someone from his same family and then everyone from that family came to pay their disrespects at Ed’s funeral. If everyone is doing it its safe right? Maybe not, you never know who is watching. For every action there is a consequence. 

We are all playing a game with the theme of Mafia. We play as mobsters. We commit crimes, we murder people, we rob and we lie. We are dirty scum but at the same time we are respectful. We have a great deal of respect and pride for who we are, what we do, we who work with and many other things. Because this game is text based it important to remember that as much as it matters what you say, it’s how you say it. 

To some one word can be taken as respectful and to another, disrespectful. In the end, it depends on how much of what you disagree with you want to put up with. 

Report Post Tip

Disrespect everywhere is apparently acceptable to most of the current leaders. So until they grow some balls we probably wont see a change.

Maybe the next group will be better in this department.

Report Post Tip
Ravyn it appears to be a two way street. I'd like to see if your leader would say anything about you disrespecting not just one person but the entire user base of leaders.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Shaggs, I am sure my leader knows if I felt that way about him specifically about him or not. I am sure he knows my views quite well on where I think the current crop of leaders are strong and where they are weak.

Respect is definitely where i think a vast majority are weak. As I said before whether it is funerals or elsewhere.

Report Post Tip

disrespecting funerals is something i do not condone or something i let slide when i owned a crew there was a member did that and i cracked down harshly on that. While respect is a two way street i find it different in funerals because one could choose just to not attend if they have that much animosity towards the person. in life though the sea Cuts both ways and respect should be earned not just given no matter who anyone is.

Report Post Tip

When someone disrespects at a funeral, the action is not towards the dead. The dead is dead and nothing worst can happen to him,

The disrespect goes to the son/daughter of the dead, to his Family/crew, to his friends, and also to the offender.

Because after all whatever we do will come back to us. What go around come around.

Report Post Tip

"Lets take a stand on funeral disrespect "

To be honest, not everyone has to stand up when they urinate on a grave....

:D

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
The way I see it is, the system is flawed to begin with. You don't get a funeral with a shallow grave or at the bottom of the bay/ocean/swamp or what the fuck ever. Not all dead are respected or disposed of in a respectful manner.

There should be an option of where you want to send the fucker so you're allowed to say your peace, however you please.

As far as a funeral goes, I agree with the majority. It's not the place for bullshit.
Report Post Tip

For one I never pissed on the grave as the post stated my Urine was to good for his grave and 2 here is a history lesson here in america

On December 2, 1985, Dellacroce died of lung cancer. Castellano then made two major mistakes. First, he did not attend Dellacroce's funeral - which was viewed as highly disrespectful by the Dellacroce/Gotti loyalists. Second, Castellano then named his bodyguard and driver, Thomas Bilotti, as the new underboss. Although Bilotti was a loyal mobster, he was also a brutish loanshark with little of the diplomatic skill required to hold such a high rank within the organization.

Within two weeks of Dellacroce's death, on December 16, Castellano and Bilotti were shot to death outside Sparks Steak House in Manhattan on the orders of John Gotti. They had been lured there supposedly to a meeting with Gotti in order to iron out their differences. The hit team included Vincent Artuso, Joseph Watts, Salvatore ScalaEdward Lino, and John Carneglia, with backup shooters positioned down the street including Dominick PizzoniaAngelo Ruggiero and Anthony Rampino, Gotti and Gravano observed from a car across the street.

Controversy dogged Castellano even in death, as the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York refused to grant him the last rites of the church, citing the notorious circumstances surrounding both his life and death, leading many Italian-Americans. including New York State Governor Mario Cuomo, to accuse the predominantly Irish-American archdiocesan hierarchy of applying a double standard, citing the case of Brian O'Regan. O'Regan, an allegedly corrupt New York City police officer fearing impending arrest, committed suicide in a Long Island motel room the same year as Castellano's death; O'Regan received a Mass of Christian Burial despite his suicide note's authenticity being established beyond doubt. Castellano was buried in the Moravian Cemetery, a non-sectarian cemetery located in the New Dorp section of Staten Island.

So I say then should anyone NOT attending a funeral of someone known be shot?

Also as I said on what you guys consider my very first disrespect at a funeral were just choice words for someone who committed suicide there is a history lesson BLATANTLY stating that people that commit suicide didn't even get a mass lucky if they got buried.  I don't remember me being disrespectful 3 times unless you count me helping them throw the dirt on the traitor and backstabber funeral of Garrus then I guess me being a extra hand to throw dirt on the coffin disrespectful and third -Traphik had joined Kill-The-Irishman to only explain his actions on Garrus then up and leave that family and quote/unquote go unsponsored of which I paid him respects of visiting his grave and people reading between the lines "thinking" I pissed on his grave.  With everyone thinking I did I might as well have.

Report Post Tip

On December 2, 1985

Nuff said. This is not the 1980s. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Lets take a stand on funeral disrespect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL