Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 10:31:51
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Godfather Council Rules & Regulations. Started by: Kyubey on Nov 18, '14 17:30

Kyubey had been a little busy in the last 24 hours. He was spearheading one of the largest meetings of the last year. The Godfather Council had finally met for the first time in months. The meeting was about a lot of things for every city. Everyone wanted their own say regarding things, and as a Council, everyone was heard and given a say in each issue brought up.

Kyubey had written down key points from the meeting that would be announced to the public. Specifically about little things that needed to be changed and a couple of more important things. He had made sure to find an appropriate notice board long enough to fit all of the information.

Philadelphia Opens Up!

Don Gravity & Don Inertia have moved to Philadelphia to help populate the city due to it being closed for so long. The Godfather Council have approved of this move and wish these two leaders, and a future third leader all the luck!

The opening of Philadelphia would be tremendous news for the country. The city was closed to all possible crime families several months earlier by the late Godfather Mako of The Loop. He had closed it in order to help populate the cities of Detroit and Las Vegas. However, attempts have failed at this.

How To Sponsor 101:

Only contact those who complete jobs for your crew, the exception being they are already Gangster plus and without a family.

Ask our designated sponsors for their recruitment correspondence and have you (The Godfathers) decide if it is up to par and not considered "Whoring". This is to prevent bad attempts at recruiting and train your sponsors to become even better.

However; if you are inviting someone you know through other means (OOC: E.G - I invite my irl friend) It is not whoring as it was pre-determined.

We also would like every district to make sure that “whoring” is not committed and that these rules are to be adhered to according to the Godfather Council.

Sponsorship will be revoked if someone is found to be doing what is known as a "One liner" or simply trying to pick up a "quick recruit". Other punishments may be issued depending on the leader and circumstance.

If you are found to be offering money for someone to join you will be punished severely. (It is fine to give someone AFTER they've joined you money to help with drugs & ranges etc). This is for the "Hey man, I'll give you $100k if you join me" thing.

The most recent discussion of Don Achilles caught the eye of many. It wasn't the tipping point so to say for the topic, but it was a major reason that it had to be discussed. We were attempting to provide those fresh off the boat better opportunities in possible affiliation rather than just a guy who offered them a few bucks.

Protection Orders.

Protection orders are now universally one week long. They will begin when the thread is started for the protection.

All Made Men (women too!) and above will not be offered protection or a "Safe listing". You are a button man and will live and die in your family whether you like it or not.

All associates (below Made Man) will be offered the week of protection assuming they have proof they were with said family. (OOC: Family tags)

If your family leader is killed via a Rogue, Durden, retirement or any kind of accident, all members of their family will be protected for the standard week. The Made Men option above does not apply here.

If anyone is found breaking a protection order they will be publicly punished in the streets by their own Godfather for the extreme disrespect they will have brought upon their family and district by breaking the order.

It was a rough thing. Protection orders had been around since he had first came to these shores. Everyone did things differently though, some issued them, others didn't. Kyubey was a humane cat however and would offer protection to those he deemed innocent, the associates.

Crew Tags/Affiliation.

This is fairly obvious.. But we have established at our meeting that anyone without crew tags of their appropriate family will not be allowed to become a button man. If you are without a tag and your leader dies, you are fair game. It is for everyone's safety, and honestly it is just respectful towards your leader to have your affiliation shown.

Report Post Tip

Protection orders are now universally one week long. They will begin when the thread is started for the protection.

what would be the protocol in someone tagged and being taken out before the thread is up? would that still fall under the protection? 

only reason i say this is i've seen threads not being issued until say 30 minutes to an hour after.  

Report Post Tip

Good question!

In most families, at least in my experience, no member would take a shot at a tagged member unless ordered to do so or if they're at war. Whenever I feel someone is a "dodgy" shot, I would ask my leader or hitsquad leader.

I would hope every family has rules up for this sort of thing.

Report Post Tip

yeah common sense comes in to it for sure but i know how limited that can appear from time to time, just checking anyway thanks for the information you've given us

Report Post Tip

I would hope every family has rules up for this sort of thing.

I'd be astonished to find any that didn't really.

As you said, if you think its a dodgy shot.. don't shoot. Least that would be my line of thought. Anyone that thinks a +1 is worth their life isn't really going to get very far.

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened intently to the godfather. He found himself nodding as each point was read out. 

"I must say this is all very pleasing to hear. Some much needed revision and clarification there. Good work!"

Report Post Tip

*Graho stands silently in the background and nods*

i think its about time those who are 'made' are now taken as part of a war. When made into a family your trusted and swear to protect and serve and do it all without question. You effectively made it in life, why should you be spared when all your family dies around you... unless your the one who set them up?

*Pulling his coat tighter he walks away and disappears into a local bar* 

Report Post Tip

All Made Men (women too!) and above will not be offered protection or a "Safe listing". You are a button man and will live and die in your family whether you like it or not.

Does this mean that there is an active search and destroy order for those Made Man and above who've jumped ship and have joined other families?

Report Post Tip

They will not be allowed to jump ship. The Godfather Council had agreed in an unanimous decision that Made Men + in a war scenario, and that side loses; They must all die. If you're a Made Man, a man given their button, and you jump ship? It breaks all the rules of Omerta, and for that, they shall be punished with death.

I would imagine if such a thing happened, I personally would be up in arms until the Godfather of which district the ship jumper went to, would kill the ship jumper.

Report Post Tip

Following up on that question [and based on your reply Godfather Kyubey] ;

I assume that there will be consequences for those sponsors who decide to ignore this and go against the rules set by the GFC?
Perhaps those individuals or crews will be considered as involved in the war and treated as hostile? 

Report Post Tip

Maria nods as the announcements are made on behalf of the Godfather council. She finds herself with two small questions to ask of Kyubey, based on what has been said. She waited her turn, before stepping forward.

Godfather Kyubey, am I to take it that with the announcement of universal one week long protection orders, we are to assume that if there is no announcement made of the protection order out here on our streets, there is no protection applicable to the former members of a fallen crew leader? I remember a situation under the reign of (I think) Godfather Starscream in LA where a protection order was put into place with no public announcement, and I know I spoke out about that situation, so if we now can expect to see our leaders come and publicly announce these protection orders, I'm very happy to hear it. 

Another question is about what happens should a leader fall in the rogue, durden, retirement or other accident category. Since this is something we've seen several times of late, I might as well ask clarification on this here and now: When a leader is struck down by the Gods, do they come into this category? 

I have to say though, on the whole I'm frankly delighted to see this announcement from the Godfather Council. Falling standards in our world are something that are spoken against frequently and this seems like a step back towards some values that perhaps can be considered more traditional, so thank you.

Report Post Tip

There will indeed be consequences Deadlock. The Godfathers have agreed that if a sponsor cannot handle their responsibilities they will be removed and if they have committed a.. Lack of a better word; stupid offense, they could be demoted to show that what they did was wrong.

Now then, Maria.

If no announcement is made I will assume there is no protection order. It is up to the attacking faction to create the protection order if they are taking down/warring. Several Godfathers and leaders in the past have been guilty of this. They have only sent a couple of letters to other leaders letting them know there is a protection order but not in the streets themselves; So the masses may not know any better.

If a leader is struck down by the gods for any reason; I will put that family into the category of "Accidents". They will be protected if they have a tattoo showing that they were indeed from the struck down family.

I am glad you appreciate this. I believe this was a long time coming for the country in general but there just hadn't been enough serious talk between the Godfathers of this nation. I am glad now to see we have a real Godfather Council and we do in fact actively communicate with each other regarding issues.

Report Post Tip
Basically if your cl dies go down swinging and take out as many as you can because your going to die anyway....great.
Report Post Tip

It's definitely encouraging to see, Kyubey. I do look forward to a more active role from the Godfather Council - whether or not we all agree with every decision, sometimes it's enough to know that those decisions are at least being made.

Kirk_Lazarus, I think that what the Godfathers are actually trying to say, is that you should be loyal to your leader to the end, if you have taken your button. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation on their part, in all honesty, and I think that it's healthier for our world for our world to function in this way. The fact that the Godfather council have passed this ruling is a hugely positive step in my opinion.

Report Post Tip
The Godfather Council had agreed in an unanimous decision that Made Men + in a war scenario, and that side loses; They must all die. If you're a Made Man, a man given their button, and you jump ship? It breaks all the rules of Omerta, and for that, they shall be punished with death.

Just to be clear, when one person's family head suffers a fatal wound during a war,  is that person allowed to seek shelter with a family fighting on the same side of that war (if multiple families are involved)? 

And in the case when joining up with another family is unapproved,  especially because of Omerta and Honor, is it legitimate for surviving family members to set in a new HQ and continue their family without being seen as a rogue by other yet uninvolved parties? With no other options given, would a new leader stepping up doom them to the attacks of all former allies or would they be given their chance with it if they happen to make it through that war?

Report Post Tip
I understand boss...I just don't want a rogue to shoot me when their cl dies is all I'm saying. Because if you think people won't rogue...your sorely mistaken in all due respect.
Report Post Tip
Omerta has no relevance to any of this.

Other than that, I'm pleased to see the Gofathers coming together to maintain certain standards within Cosa Nostra across the country.
Report Post Tip

Oh, I'm quite sure they would rogue. But it's on the attacking side in any given war to actually do their jobs properly and wipe out those button men who won't be protected by any protection war, to ensure that those with nothing to lose have nothing to take. At the end of the day, the attacking side is surely at far more risk in a war than any neutrals, so if they don't plan a good enough take down, then it should surprise nobody that they catch fire back for it. 

I'd rather live with that risk, than live in a world where loyalty and being a button man or woman means less than nothing, personally.

Report Post Tip

Hi there Syd!

Of course. In a war scenario let us say.. I die. my 10 members join Rorschach and Memento, that is perfectly reasonable because they're one district, on the same side against an aggressor. I would be perfectly okay with that one.

In the case of that Syd, I would say if the surviving district fends off its attackers, the highest ranking leader left standing would be in charge of the district then. If he/she wants to allow a 'War auth' I see no problem with it. Sometimes you have to setup people quickly to house the homeless.

For your last question I will give you an example. Godmother -Draven- of The Loop was a great ally of myself and New York. The rest of the Loop right now, while we know of them and speak to them, we do not have an official alliance of sorts unlike what we had with Draven. When she died, a lot of things went with her. However; I am more then welcoming to anyone stepping up especially in this example of The Loop. I am a very political person and I like to give people the chance that others may not give, or want to give.

Thank you for your input.

Report Post Tip

Ajani finishes listening to God Father Kyubey's speech.

"I must say I am very happy to hear all of these changes and kudos to the council for doing this. I have never advocated and never will advocate whoring. Recruiting is a art and should be a process almost like a interview and taking steps to become a mentor for the potential member. Not a hey join me bro, here's drug monies."

"Congrats to all of the leaders rebuilding Philadelphia I look forward to seeing the place grow! And again great announcements for the protection orders and tagging subjects. I look forward to seeing more great things come about."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather Council Rules & Regulations.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL