Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 08:04:19
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
The Great American Masquerade Ball Started by: Praefect on Jan 23, '15 06:59

Karmen was in awe that Mave had put together such a simple outfit and still looked wonderful. She had such a natural beauty, but Karmen had to force her own. She had to wear makeup and curl her hair just to accomplish what Mave did with no makeup, and she was sure it happened for her in just a couple minutes, too!

"You really do look great, Mave," Karmen said. "No joking or anything. I wish I could look flawless without makeup!"

Watching Mave drink whatever was in the cup made Karmen want a drink, so she told everyone she would be right back, and set out to find one of the servers, who had all somehow disappeared. Once she found where they were hidden, she asked what all they had as drinking options, and found the server that had the wine.

"I would like a Red Wine, please," she told the server. "If you have it, of course. If not, I'll take white."

When she finally was handed a glass of Red Wine, she made her way back to rejoin the group of people over in the corner.

"So, everyone," she said to them. "How about we all dance as a group or something? Hopefully more people show up soon to join in!"

Report Post Tip

Joey walks up and orders a whisky for himself and Prae, and a glass of the same wine that Karmen had, for Kari. As well all finish our drinks we start to dance. 

At first, everything is going excellent! As the night starts to go on, Joey notices Karmen slowly starting to get a little sleepy. She lays her head into his chest and continue to dance. After a while, Joey lifts up her head and she gazes into his piercing blue eyes and he leans in and gives her a kiss on her foreheard.

Prae and Kari can't help but notice the other couple having a grand time...

Report Post Tip

Karmen watched as Joey went off to get drinks for everyone else, then she thought how selfish she was for not asking what everyone else wanted.

"I'm sorry for not asking you guys if you wanted anything," she said when JoeyC returned with drinks for everyone. "I was only thinking about myself, apparently."

She gave an uneasy laugh, and then they were all on the dance floor. They all danced well together, she noticed. No one bumped into anyone, no one stepped on toes or anything else that could possibly have happened. She watched Kari and Praefect, who were getting rather close to each other while dancing, and she just knew that their night would end well. 

Suddenly, she started feeling a little tired. The wine had kicked in rather rapidly, and she leaned her head onto Joey's chest. It was rather comfy there, anyways. After about two minutes of dancing that way, Joey lifted her head up, and she saw his eyes, that lovely blue, looking into hers, and he kissed her on the forehead.

"Well, that was sweet of you," she said to him, caught a little off guard. "Sweetest thing that's happened for me in awhile. Most guys are jerks."

She laughed as they continued dancing, and she leaned her head back down; she could hear his heart beat going a little too fast. 

Well, at least I'm not the only nervous one.. She thought to herself.

Report Post Tip

Mave watches with a soft smile as everyone else goes off to dance. Not feeling up to a dance, least of all with no partner, she is content to sit on the sidelines and drink.

Report Post Tip

Barney was never really one to dance but he decided to go anyways. When he got there he ordered a drink and walked over to where Mave was and just stood next to her watching everyone else dance.

Report Post Tip

Wild's plan was working perfectly fine, no one even suspected him to be there. He saw some familiars of his at the Ball, but he decided to continue being incog. Not long after the Ball started, he was already drunk and Wild decided that he wants to shine on the dancing. When he got there, the power of alcohol took control over his body and he started revealing his expert steps, that were meant for special occasions only.

Wild was not there for the ladies, but for the fun of being masked as someone no one knew, but when his dances started attracting attention, the sweet girls dressed as princesses could't resist joining him. Wild's mission failed the moment when his mask fell off his head, but he did not want to disappoint his muses, so he continued dancing untill the morning, making his sweetheart happy.

Report Post Tip

Karmen was enjoying everyone dancing together when she realized that Mave, who had since been joined by Barney_Ross, hadn't joined them in the dancing. She was just about to head over there to force them to come dance when who she had originally guessed was Wild-Boy starting dancing around, doing dance moves that hadn't even been invented yet. Halfway through him dancing around, his mask came off and went flying across the floor. Everyone let out (fake) gasps of surprise as Wild was unveiled.

"Oh my goodness, I had noooo clue who you were," she said to Wild. "Who would have guessed that it would be Wild-Boy underneath that Wild-Boy mask!?!?!"

Report Post Tip

Prae smiles, draining the whiskey that Joey was so kind to order for him and watching Wild-Boy's semi-expert intoxicated dance moves, only hoping that he didn't pull one of those acrobatic moves and hurt himself; a broken leg would put a real damper on the evening. He loos over at Mave and Barney_Ross, both of whom had yet to step out onto the floor.

"What do you think, Kari? Should we go try conning Mave and Barney into joining us?"

Report Post Tip

Wild heard some guy was calling him a SEMI FUCKING EXPERT, so he decided to make a challenge to the good Prae.

His exact words were : '' COME HERE YOU EXPERT DANCER and show me what you can'', then he kindly asked the ladies to step away from Wild and make some place for the so called ROMAN PRAEFECT. They gently smiled to Wild and hugged him with their lips for ''good luck''

Report Post Tip

Prae laughs as he sees Wild-Boy step out into the dance floor and hears the challenge. He waves it away.

"No thanks, Wild-Boy, I'm not nearly drunk enough for a dance-off. I'm sure that KarmenKayne would be more than happy to oblige you, however."

Report Post Tip

Karmen was minding her own business on the side of the dancing competition in the middle when she was brought in by Praefect. Karmen couldn't dance to save her life so she was a little worried that she would fall and break her hip or something. So, she grabbed Kari's hand and said they would BOTH be dancing against Wild-Boy.

They busted out their moves for about two minutes, sliding around and shimmying and what not, and then said that it was Wild-Boy's turn to show them what he could do. 

"Show us your moves, Mr. Wild," Karmen said. "I don't think you can even come CLOSE to beating us, but go ahead and try!"

Report Post Tip

Still feeling nervous about the kiss on the forehead, Joey eagerly watch the two ladies have a mini dance-off with Wild. Joey was elated with the fact that neither of the ladies had returned with no broken bones or sprains, bruises or spilled drinks over their dresses, he gave them each a hug and whispered in Karmen's ear, "I think you won, hun! At least in my book, y'all won."

Report Post Tip

Karmen was a little breathless after the little dance-off she and Kari had against Wild-Boy, but she was fairly certain they beat him. She was reassured of that when she got back next to JoeyC and he whispered in her ear, "I think you won, hun! At least in my book, you all won."

She smiled and looked up at him then turned back towards everyone.

"I believe we won, too," she whispered back to him. "Thanks for your confidence."

Report Post Tip

Just watching KarmenKayne and Kari dance made Prae breathless. He went to find a waiter, and came back with two glasses of expensive spring water. He offers one glass each to the panting young ladies.

"Don't know how you ladies can do that. I'd have thrown my back out on that first spin."

Report Post Tip

Karmen's breath was starting to finally slow down a little when Praefect brought over two glasses of water, one for Kari and one for herself. He said, "Don't know how you ladies can do that. I'd have thrown my back out on that first spin."

The last part of his statement made her laugh out loud for at least fifteen seconds, because she couldn't help but imagine Prae trying to spin, and then immediately throwing his back out.

"Well, that's a funny thought," she said to him. "But anyways, thank you for the water. It's definitely needed! So does anyone know if other people will be showing up soon?!"

Report Post Tip

Giggles at Praefect and thanks JoeyC for his kind words. "What do you all wanna do now? I'm still waiting for Kalebear to show up to the party. I think that women ditched us to drink tequila with her roommate, we should totally crash their party when we're done here!" 

As I sip on my drink I wink over at KarmenKayne and tell her I think we landed the studs of the dance

Report Post Tip

Karmen laughed when Kari said they landed the studs of the party, because she was thinking the exact same thing. She nodded in agreement, took a sip of her drink and then pointed towards the side of the room, and Kari's eyes looked to where she was pointing.

"I'm pretty sure that is Kale over there, but she hasn't really said anything or tried to walk over here, so I could be wrong.." she said to Kari. "She seems to enjoy the isolation over there!"

Report Post Tip

Prae smiles, hearing his date's remark about Kalebear and knowing he'd seen her walk in earlier.

"Well, why is she over there drinking tequila all by her lonesome, when she could be drinking tequila all by her lonesome with us!"

Report Post Tip

"I don't know about y'all but with all the events, I'm getting hungry! Why not go have a seat and let some other folks have a shot at the dance floor?"

Report Post Tip

Karmen considered Praefect's comment to be a challenge, so she went over to where Kalebear was standing, grabbed her hand and pulled her into the circle of friends. Then, Karmen went over to where Mave was standing, grabbed her hand, and pulled her (with a little bit of a fight) towards where she had just dragged Kale.

"There," she said in triumph. "Now everyone is here in the circle, drinking together. Wanna dance again? Or maybe do some Karaoke or something?"

As she finished saying that, she heard JoeyC mention eating, and she said, "Actually, that's a fantastic idea. Food sounds wonderful. You all up for some masticating?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Great American Masquerade Ball
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL