Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 07:40:34
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
The Great American Masquerade Ball Started by: Praefect on Jan 23, '15 06:59

Karmen nodded her head in agreement, because she had lost two good friends, just like everyone that was sitting at this table.

"It is very sad indeed," she said to Kalebear. "However, if their sons both join us, maybe it will be alright again. We have WildBoy's son here, so now we just need Praefect's son Prae to come join us."

However sad she felt, it didn't defeat her hunger, so she took a few bites of the steak, then ate the baked potato, and started eating the side salad, until she realized that all of her food was gone. She looked around at everyone else, some picking at their food, some eating slowly, and some not touching it. 

She asked Kalebear, Kari, Barney_Ross, Mave, JoeyC and WildBoy-,"Any suggestions about how we can get this party going again?"

Report Post Tip

Barney thinks for a minute and says,...."Dance Battle Round 2?"

Report Post Tip

Karmen nodded a little then said, "If we do Dance Battle Round 2, I'm not going to be a dancer.."

She laughed and then pointed across the table where Mave was sitting, and said, "I nominate Mave to dance against Barney!"

Report Post Tip

Barney mumbles under his breath...."Oh crap."

Report Post Tip

Mave looks up from her drink, a little surprised to be singled out. She could fight or drink Barney under the table, no question. Dancing, however, is not her strong suit.

Report Post Tip

"I'm not much of a dancer either....anyone else have an idea?"

He laughs.

Report Post Tip

After Joey downs his ribs and fries, he leans back and grabs his belly with both hands, "Wow, those were awesome! I'm so full, I feel like I am going into a food coma! Maybe I will sit here and rest for a minute while everything digests."

Report Post Tip

Karmen laughed when she saw JoeyC lean back in his chair and hold his belly. 

"Well, looks like Joey is out of the plans for now," she said jokingly. "His food needs to digest first before he will do anything. Typical guy!"

Report Post Tip

Prae walks into the party with his father's mask tied around his face. He finds the table everyone has gathered around, and quietly takes his father's former seat.

"Sorry I'm late, guys."

Report Post Tip

Karmen looked up from her empty plate when she heard footsteps coming towards the table they were all sitting at. They all seemed to look up at the same time and notice Prae walking towards them, and then said that he was sorry he was late.

"You're not late at all. Welcome to the party, Prae!" She said excitedly. "We're glad you could come to enjoy it with us. We've just finished eating, and now we're trying to think of ideas for what we do next. I know the party's almost over, but I think we have enough time to do something else. Maybe a fresh perspective would be nice. Do you have any ideas?"

Report Post Tip

"Well, the band seems to have ditched us. We could get Kari up on stage and make her try to play the fiddle."

Report Post Tip

Karmen laughed at the thought, then said, "Actually, we could do something similar. We could do some karaoke? Maybe?"

She imagined Prae and Kari singing a love song together, because that just seemed like what they would sing. Then she imagined WildBoy- singing some random song that no one had ever heard, because that's the type of music he seemed to like. 

"It seems like a good idea to me," she said. "I had images in my head of some of you singing, and it seems like it would be fun. What do you all think?"

Report Post Tip

Prae laughed.

"Are you sure you want me singing? I'd hate to break this expensive crystal here."

Report Post Tip

Karmen imagined an Opera singer singing so high that a wine glass in her hand broke, then in her mind, she imagined that as Prae instead.

"Yes, I'm sure," she said with a laugh. "Karaoke isn't meant to be perfect singing! Maybe we could do like, terrible versions of songs. Like, sing as bad as possible. Then people that aren't too good of singers won't feel so bad about their singing skills! Because I am a terrible singer as well. I'd probably break the crystal AND the windows!"

Report Post Tip

Prae turned to Kari.

"What do you think, Kari? Want to get up there and sing...something?"

Report Post Tip

He had his gun firmly in his hand.

He had a mission to do.

Fixing a mask onto his face, made with crayons and a few popsicle sticks, he walked into the party and scanned the area for exactly what he was looking for. Entering the ball, he shoved his gun back into his pocket and decided to pretend and mingle, but with who? He didn't know. No one here seemed like his kind of crowd, but he couldn't tell behind all of these weird masks...

"Hello Sir, care for some wine. Perhaps a cocktail?" 

Ignoring the waiter, he continued deeper into the party. He was looking for a very specific person, a person who needed to die and quickly. This kind of secretive gala is always good for a murder or two-- and Ted was planning on cashing in. The price on the mark was a lovely amount, something like twenty thousand dollars. Ted couldn't remember. He didn't care. He just liked the thrill of the hunt.

"Sir... were you even invited, Sir?"

The annoying waiter continued to follow and pester Ted. Maybe it was the mask, or the fact that he had the physique of a Greek God and looked extremely out of place, but whatever it was, the man could not stop trying to figure out Ted and exactly why he was here. However Ted could no longer worry about him, because he finally caught sight of the sneaky little fucker he needed to take care of, or at least he thought so; he couldn't tell thanks to the squirrel mask that was fixed upon his face thanks to the event, but their eye color matched the target, and that was good enough for him. Ted then unhatched his grandiose plan...

"HEY YOU! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOOOOU, BIIIIIIIIIIITCH!" 

Stopping to fix his shirt, he then began to chase the guy down who for some reason decided to try and run, first around a table filled with food, and then a group of people all standing around talking; and finally directly out the front door. Never to be seen or heard from again, or at least the guy was. Ted was always seen around, he was the life force of the Mafia.

What a great party...

Report Post Tip

Karmen listened as Prae asked Kari if she wanted to go up on stage and sing something. Karmen began to chant, "Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it..."

She watched Kari blush a little, and then Karmen got up from the table and grabbed Kari's hand to pull her out of the chair. She pulled her over to the stage, and Prae followed.

"You guys can sing first," she said. "Then other people can follow after! Maybe I'll sing. Probably last though."

Report Post Tip

You ask for a suggestions about bringing the cool atmosphere to the party? 

I think I found the sollution. DJ Wild at your services, he takes the rediculously small amount of 100 000 dollars per hour, he will take your little boring dance party and will turn it into a BEAST party, he makes all the girls get wet and the boys jealous, he will TOTALLY blow your minds and bodies with the newest HOT remixes of the most popular hits. He is so BOMBASTIC that there will be nothing left from the building in the morning!!

DJ Wild, DROP THE BASS night exclusive, live from Chicago baby

Report Post Tip

Karmen laughed as WildBoy- suddenly announced that he was now a DJ. 

"Well, Wild," she said while laughing. "You can play the music for people to sing to for Karaoke, and then maybe if that goes well we can dance again or something. Who knows, but I do know that Prae's dad only rented this building for one night. And there's only about an hour left of that time."

Report Post Tip

​Snickers at WildBoy- 's words and then turns to KarmenKayne and says, "Just as delusional as his father was isn't he? Nice to know things never change around here."  

Then sighs and looks over at Prae, "If you sing like your father we are indeed in trouble. Praefect tried to woo me once and sing a love song in at the zoo in front of the giraffe with with the crooked neck, it didn't go over so well when the Monkeys down the way began hollering in fright."

Grits her teeth and pulls Prae up on stage with her, she decides they should sing Cheek to Cheek https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLnQKLtFr58 and they even work up a little dance number while they sing figuring they might as well go all out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Great American Masquerade Ball
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL