Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 02:03:55
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The future for MR, financial security, and some stuff. Started by: Squishy on Sep 08, '17 01:44

Its no secret that the past few months have taken a financial toll on MR, pushing it into the red and making it unable to cover its monthly nut.  I get it, who wants to invest time or money into a character that will be killed with a shrug by those way above them, and with those charged with protecting their members unable to provide the very service they are paid handsomely for.

With the past few days things have changed, Crewleaders can now refocus their attention on protecting their members and users can once again put effort into their accounts with much less worry of them getting wholesale snuffed out of existence by a shrug followed by a smiley emoji on some whats app convo by people you've never talked to who don't even know you.

Some additional good news.  Moments ago, the next 12 months of Backups, DDoS Protection, and Colo/Util has been taken care of.  This ensures that, even if a single credit purchase doesn't come our way, the site will continue to carry on.  We will utilize future sales to help fund advertising and development to bring in fresh blood and features. 

I hope that we never end up in a dark place like this again.  Some people are only capable of playing checkers with a HULK SMASH ALL mentality, destroying not only their board, but everyone's board around them not even involved.  I hope that those who are capable of playing chess, who also understand that they can win without forcing everyone else in the room to lose - can rise to the top.  It would be wonderful to see members enjoying being in families, working in families where the respect and effort put into each other is mutual.

Please understand that all users need to stay vigilant, the bystander effect is very real, and the 'it hasnt happened to me yet' attitude is a very dangerous waiting game. I get it, I do.  Once you paint yourself in a corner and start breeding enemies, many people simply lack the strategy on how to come reverse course and dig their way out.  Some are only capable of doubling down, because doing anything else, would be tip their hand that maybe they made some really poor decisions that got them to this place.  When someone becomes toxic, they need to be shown a better way, sometimes by force.

Anyway, we will be making small adjustments through the next few months to ensure that the game stays healthy, happy, and enjoyable for the users.  I look forward to lots of brainstorming in the suggestions forums on checks and balances that can be put into place that give regular members the ability to empower their crewleaders to create families that will leave behind good legacies that will echo these halls for years to come. 

Sooo

TL;DR: Major bills taken care of for next year, nows a good time to paint the landscape of MR how you want it - make it good!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $270,000 Tip
Who wants to play when you may be killed off by the owner. Hard to want to pay that owner a cent when you watch him kill off a dozen people for removing a crew leader that happened to have an admin account.
Report Post Tip

And yet spare the person who actually took the shot...?

Report Post Tip

Clearly you want to play, given that you're y'know...Playing.

Report Post Tip

I appreciate the game and everything you do.

Report Post Tip

Who wants to play when you may be killed off by the owner. Hard to want to pay that owner a cent when you watch him kill off a dozen people for removing a crew leader that happened to have an admin account.

If you think that is why that happened, you really need to do a little soul searching.

Demanding that staff pick between their player account and retiring their staff accounts is over the line.

Declaring war on the users because I made a game change is over the line.

Retaliating against the users because the site made a game change is over the line.

If someone isn't happy, leave? But threatening the staff and the users?  Bullshit man.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"unable to cover its monthly nut"

lol that's the worst :(

Onto bigger and better.

Report Post Tip
Umm hey bud you killed off people that had no involvement in it..

And now look you killed off someone for bringing it up. You that insecure on your actions? Pathetic izzy, you are someone we look up to..
Report Post Tip

I didn't kill anyone for bringing it up.  I killed *you* for posting incorrect bullshit that you know is bullshit.  You pushed for a reaction, you got one.  I don't really want to spend my 10pm on a Thursday debating with you, if you are that unhappy, leave.  If you want an argument, then how about starting a thread and do it in a place more suited to it rather than the announcements?

Report Post Tip

I've always known Squishy to be fair with our community since I've been here. Now of course I don't know the exact details of what happened but I'd have to assume what happened was justified. Squishy has earned a lot of credibility in my eyes so it's hard for me to imagine a scenario in which he all of a sudden becomes the "problem". 

All I can say is I have always enjoyed this site and he's a major reason why. So let's please show him some respect.

I debate? I Brought forth the question why anyone would pay a cent when they are at risk being killed off by YOU. what I know is bullshit is people where DD'd and didn't fucking know why, they had no involvement in what the bald man did they just wanted to play so they followed orders.
Report Post Tip

Was an immediate DD necessary? Why not a long stint in the admin jail. I'm not trying to question your judgement, but it seems rather harsh. Especially considering how much of a positive impact Menace had on me as well as many others in our crew :/

Report Post Tip
Its not what he said its the general shitty tone in the way he addressed his point. You dont come to a game and then flat out insult the owner and expect to get a nice response in return.

Izzy works tirelessly and has invested more than money even to provide us all with a game which we gain enjoyment from. For that alone, he deserves respect and a certain level of communication when being spoken to.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $110,000 Tip
You get as much as you give on this game. It's always been the case.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Who wants to play? I want to play and will continue to play because I see…

•    An owner that is present and accessible: Is present on irc and responds to most mails.
•    A team that works hard to keep the game up and running no matter what the hour
•    Frequently e-mails gifts to players as a thank you
•    Gives out promo codes to make the game affordable to all users that want to elevate their game and spend a little cash to do so
•    Actually listens to and considers player suggestions
•    New & Announcements, News & Announcements, News and Announcements
•    Plans a yearly gathering to socialize with the playing community
•    Does his best to protect players against stalkers, malicious behavior and other assorted weird shit.
•    Deals with a decent amount of, “Know It All’s,” that truly don’t know the whole story.
•    Is a charitable human being and believes in supporting those in need and those that help those in need

Report Post Tips: 14 / Total: $570,000 Tip

Excellent points Jack. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Report Post Tip

Awesome post OneEyedJack. I agree 100%

Report Post Tip

Thank you MR, i am sorry for some of our thankless arses

Report Post Tip

OneEyedJack

Wonderful post!

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: The future for MR, financial security, and some stuff.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL