Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 23:50:22
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Ashes to ashes, Philly to dust Started by: Tobias on Sep 20, '17 00:40

Within few minutes after the demise of Disorder and LarryLongNeck, DanGleeBalls took the initiative to coordinate Chicago and Las Vegas to clean up loose ends, starting with Bunny in Las Vegas and Princesa in Chicago and end it with Los Angeles and New York. MonsterHair, however, suggested New York and Los Angeles as primary targets due to their massive?!? (imaginary) firepower that could be a problem. Thankfully, these plans of theirs were interrupted.

Why the attack on Philadelphia yesterday? Recently discovered letters between Petah and Taco, going back and forth from moments after the deaths of Disorder and LarryLongNeck, sometimes after 9 a.m., and until the second wave of divine intervention, four hours later.
The content of these letters was a plan set in motion by Chicago, spearheaded by Taco and his allies, including three immense guns loyal to Taco preparing to attack and bloodline certain crew leaders and godfathers in Las Vegas, which made it clear to us why Monsterhair was eager on removal of New York and prevention of their assistance for Las Vegas.
In these letters, Petah was advised to stay safe, not shoot back at Chicago and survive it. It was “CH vs. Paradise and Summerlin”.
Which also was the reason for Petah's death; knowing about an attack for four hours but not releasing that information.

Philadelphia was an allied city of Chicago so it wouldn’t be unlikely that they would have joined in with them given the chance. Of course, they didn’t get that chance, but in the long run, their relationship with old Chicago did not bode well for a happy and extended relationship with us.
These letters were not turned into us at the time and might have been very useful information.

Yesterday's decision for the attack on Philadelphia was based on fact majority of the survivors from old Chicago, including old upper structure, had been headed to the same city to help to rebuild Philadelphia. There had been a push for expansion and there was a wish that new blood being given a chance within leadership, but shortly after the rubble had started clearing, it seemed apparent by the choice in recycling the upper structure in old Chicago in the leadership positions that there would be a continuation of what they were planning and Philadelphia had dead set opinions on us. Philadelphia was an extension of old Chicago before the massive deaths, how could we not assume that it was still acting as such?

As for other communication, it felt on many occasions that we could not approach them regarding certain people who clearly had an intense hatred for those who survived in Las Vegas and they had not let go of the past.
The paranoia started again and we heard the of the same rant about us as we did during the reign of Disorder (when we were accused of being responsible for the actions of Frankie4Fingers and Mattsr about manipulating evidence to get Lillith killed. This sort of thing would only continue and fester given time. Should we have discussed this with them? Probably not. Philadelphia was a tight-knit group, and it was obvious that they were not defending us to their own people. We would not expect them to, and even if we did talk to them about the offenses of their members, they would have likely become more paranoid.

The new world is one seeking unification of ideals, and it is one based on a collective trust. Trust can be earned even in the mafia, and this decision really was made because there was plain and simply no reason to trust a city based around a deceased godfather who was not our ally to begin with. This war was not intended to be as destructive as it turned out. It was only meant to be an attack on only true family members. There are many innocents who died today. We had wanted the youth to have a chance to find homes, but alas that is how things go sometimes. I hope that many of the dead find peace and realize that there is no prejudice held to their children. This is not a world of purges. This is not a world of witness statement catches. This is not a world of deceit, but for that reason, it is a world of directness in action. Thank you for your time, and may the world become a warmer place for everyone.

Which leads us to the end.
Yes, this is an end of the era of the previous regime.
You may demonize many of us for previously being part of Disorder’s reign, but it should be clear to you that we only worked within our place.
There has been a common misappropriation of the blame for many deaths that occurred over the last several months and we are not blameless for everything, but far too often have we been referred to as the suspected boogeyman and in control of all life and death decisions, when in fact the boogeymen stood among other cities’ ranks.
We did not make any of Disorder’s decisions for him. The ending that was brought upon that regime as a blessing, despite all the destruction it brought with it. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Johnny listens as Tobias speaks, a few things stand out during the address of the people.

All too often we do see good people die for countless reasons, we all understand the name of the game; attack or be attacked... We can't all get along all the time, but this not what stood out to me.

Godfather Tobias, you seem very quick to mention Disorder's corruption, and how you were just a pawn in it.  You almost are dragging his name through the mud; the man who saved you and got you to where you are today.  You seem to want to paint yourself as just solider in an army listening to the General, doing what he can to stay alive; and while there is nothing wrong with that, some do not forget your actions as a solider, backstabbing your General.  Obviously things have worked out well for you, look at you standing on top. Or at least sharing the space with very few people. And I say good for you. But do not talk about trust, and think everyone should get a warm and fuzzy feeling.  

Johnny thinks to himself, "I Know What You Did Last Summer"...

An accessory to a malicious act is almost as guilty as the one firing the bullet, because they let it happen.

Johnny raises a glass, "To fresh starts"

He walks away giggling to himself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Seraph lurked in the shadows for a time, listening in to what the Chicago Godfather had to say. Death had a way of bringing about change. Hell, it was change. The falling away or something that once was, and the coming forth of a new something. But in that change, there had to be a chain, a link, an obviousness that showed what was, and could be seen in what is.

Seraph saw what was. He saw a man who worked for the benefit of someone many had prior issues with. But if this mans words were anything to go by, the what is, might just be someone of new growth. Like a forrest that was charred and new sprouts of life were shooting forth. Seraph saw the ashes of what was, but also saw hope, and new life. Potentially vibrant, new life.

He didn't speak. He already said his piece regarding leadership on a lamp lit corner in a discussion started by orator JackRoover, whom he expected to be out here and in amongst it soon enough.

But Seraph was moved, and impressed, and felt for the first time since he'd stepped into this life, that things may be building. Truly building. And maybe Tobias and the ruling families may just be the types he could root for.

For he could see the vision and values of the man more clearer, even from the shadows, and for a moment it lit up the darkness within.

Report Post Tip

LMFAO Pathetic.

You was a pawn lol bullshit you was masterbating when givin the nod to shoot Kurgan for your master who was not Disorder.Same when you shot Bunny this wasnt even worth the wait for  the author.

Just admit it Philly was its own identity not Nifl the Fuckerish Tags sported Ellan and George got you paranoid.

Report Post Tip

"I hope that many of the dead find peace and realize that there is no prejudice held to their children. This is not a world of purges."

Said Tobias, less than 24 hours after bloodlining an entire city full of next-of-kin who he had problems with in their previous lives.

Lame. As we've come to expect from your legacy.

Report Post Tip
Unfortunately this is the second time you have shot/authorised the shot on my lineage in two weeks. Both time citing that they were a threat.

If you're gonna be labelled one...

Good luck!
Report Post Tip

You guys should be a little patient and see the actions and the purposes behind them .Not meaning the new regimes past actions..Their actions after they take took the charge .I don't know them from before they have long line-ages i assume some of you would know that.Keep them in your heads for a long run then start doing constructive criticism .Stop throwing shit every time when some bad scene happens .My families were all authed targets within my short lineage.So death knocked on my door too.

But please wait a little longer then accumulate the purposes , consequences and actions ,speakings  then think about them .After that make your own decision about how to move on .Shortly make your judgements by cumulative events after they took the charge.

Everyone can have someone who like or don't like but at least make your criticism with an adult sense.So we can move on .

Report Post Tip

daehgib, it's not bloodlining if you wear socks and don't look them in the eye when you kill someone or order the death of someone, then kill their next of kin, and their next of kin, and their next of kin... Not at all. Bloodlining doesn't happen here at all, not by the puppets "running" the cities now. The whole reasoning behind this is exactly the reasoning used by the last regime so many times.

"We aren't doing the same things! We swear! It's not the same people tugging our strings at all! Oh!!!!! LOOK!!! SQUIRREL!!!" 

Please, don't even try that shit Tobias. You were up to your elbows gasping for breathe in the last regime's arseholes as were JoeKing and Kharon.  If you actually thought those of us with half a brain and the ability to speak for ourselves and share our independent thoughts would buy this shit is laughable to say the least. I guess it was easier just to wipe the city of those that may stand against you and the innocents than make up excuses for them to be purged later or "random wacked" by an unknown assailant with no witness statement ever found. Don't try to polish a turd, it's still a turd in the end... 

Report Post Tip

'Gods damn the puppet masters!'

Puppet masters die

'Gods damn the puppets!'

Eventually, the puppets will die

'Gods damn the audience!'

I like patterns.

Report Post Tip

Termination could not help but hear all the commotion and bitterness nearby about his friend and boss Godfather Chairman Tobias.  He waited and waited listening on and on but he had enough. Approaching the crowd in the rudest way possible termination  cleared his throat and begins his rant. 

"All you silly mothafuckas need to relax. You see the tittle he holds ? God Father Chairman mothafucka. Chairman mothafucka. Aint a mothafucking thing he need to explain to yall. You know why? Do you know why ..... mothafucker? BECAUSE HE IS A BAD MOTHAFUCKA"  

Termination shakes his head as he walks away from the crowd muttering to himself.. "stupid mothafuckas"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thank you for sharing your time with us and elaborating on what happened, Tobias. Personally I appreciate this moment as it’s the first indication of your intent for the future.

Now because you yourself mentioned this time to be one of collective trust, it makes complete sense that many within the community wouldn’t directly trust that things will be different as of now. And that’s okay, trust is a two-way street and it has to be earned by both parties. In the same way that you and yours couldn’t assume the people from Philly would have different goals as their ancestors, in the same way there is no reason to assume that you would do anything different than the things we have seen from you in the past.

Like you have done nothing to earn the trust of those who felt suppressed under the last regime, neither is there any reason for you to suddenly trust the lineages of those who were dead-set on shooting you in the head were they given the chance. Anyway, while I understand mistrust and unhappiness in this day and age, this community for sure won’t progress into the light if everyone digs into their defensive positions while hurling shit into the other trenches.

I don’t really know you, so I just take this as a moment for what you say it is; putting the bar for yourself and this community to a certain level. That being a world without deceit and purges, or at least, not on the level that we saw under Disorder & Co. Let’s acknowledge that this world wouldn’t be what it is without competition. Betrayal and death are simply players in the game.

This moment is a mirror to reflect upon in the future. I like to see how that future pans out and will cheer for you if you manage to create a world such like you describe. We witness here today that plenty already gave up on you and that idea. Please understand that those who didn’t are not naively buying into this, because many will understand the convenience of playing the nice cards right now. Never assume you made the sheep believe again. People are just hopeful and giving you - or rather this time - a chance.

Without actions tomorrow, your words today are pretty much hollow.
Let’s hope for that actionable and trustworthy environment that you described here today.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

I love what I have heard from Tobias, statements like these are what is needed for our society to continue to grow and prosper. 

Report Post Tip

Osiris listened to the speech and nodded as his Godfather finished.

I look forward to seeing Chicago rebuild and the further opportunities across the country!

Report Post Tip

Speaking of opportunities.. Can you please just auth that one guy over there?

Nikolaos points to a very shady looking figure in the corner that no one noticed. He sort of resembled a spider.

Thanks in advance.

Report Post Tip

Filthy notices a large crowd gathered. Upon approaching he sees that the people are listening to the words of a GodFather. Filthy slowly moves into the crowd until he can hear what is being said. 

These are things which have no concern to someone as low as me but I can only but respect the GodFather for coming out and providing this information. These are the things someone must learn to make their way in the world. Much respect for the explanation. 

Report Post Tip

Capazzo was walking home when he saw a group crowded around. This wasn't strange to him though. These streets were always filled with different people discussing different topics. Capazzo sometimes would listen in and stay if he liked what he was hearing and sometimes he would just walk away. One thing was for certain, under no circumstances was he ever going to say a word. He was yet to make his bones and because of that fact he knew speaking out wouldn't be the right thing to do.

This thing had a code of conduct, one Capazzo held respectfully. As he tried to get close to the crowd to see who the speaker was he found himself recognizing the voice. With each step that got closer he more and more familiarized himself with the voice. Once Capazzo got close enough, he could see the gentleman speaking.

It was Godfather-Chairman of Chicago Tobias. Capazzo raised his eyebrows in surprise. He had recently had the pleasure of having a few sit downs with the Godfather. They discussed Chicago's Sports Book and the meeting ended with Godfather Tobias giving Capazzo his full backing and funding of this venture.

Capazzo listened to the words being spoken. There were many accusations being thrown from onlookers. Capazzo had only been in this particular atmosphere for a short period of time and wondered why those around didn't just give it a little while to see how things would unfold. His dealings with the Godfather were all a pleasure so Capazzo had hoped that people just give this a realistic chance.

Capazzo gave a sly smile. He knew regardless of his thoughts, at the end of the day mafioso will be just that. There will always be some whom disagree, some who want to go against the grain, some may even want revenge. Revenge for what? Their fathers deaths? Their friends death? It could be a multitude of reasons. While revenge is the inevitable, and death was a topic to be taken very seriously, Capazzo had hoped that those around would not use this small sample size of events to dictate the next few days, weeks or months.

As for Capazzo, he was always more of the 'one day at a time' kinda guy. He gathered his thoughts and decided to head out.  

Report Post Tip

Anyone can look at a speech like this and decide to start to take bits apart, we have heared so many similar speeches over the past few months, pretty much saying the same with mixed reactions.   Even though the general disagreements may seem the same, it doesn't raise the dead.

The fact is to me watching my father, a member of Philly it was a seperate entity to Chicago especially since the death of Lawnmower; but one working togeter to house, educate and bring people up.   Would my father have had wanted a crew, maybe when he was equipped for such a task.   However a new city attempting to grow when remnants of the old regime were still in place, you look to experience to see a city grow just like most cities have done.   If they happen to come from one city, then thats just how it goes especially in such a small and at stages close knit bloodlines.

We can look around other cities and see familiar lines used exactly the same way and gaining or growing in power.   I am sure if asked how many of the present leaders and hands had members of their bloodline do similar would sway in one direction.

As for Philly being tight knit, as was a city made up of a mix of members recently gained i got to say a section were close knit, but we saw with those jumping ship or leaving before the war like LuffyD that maybe is a partial exaggeration.   As for it not being about destructioon, when so many are hit in a first wave attempt even if just wise guys and below it is of course seen that way.   I think NY and whoever allegedly helped them's handling with Indubatibly showed the restraint you claim to aim for but sadly now if people see more of the same is the people in the middle as usual who will suffere one from the rogue's such actions create and one from the worry who will be purged out next.  I remember first hand my father being missed by members of the rogue crews and is not exactly the best way to head in my mind.

Report Post Tip
Am I really the only one who finds it hilarious that you just gave a speech about how this is a different regime and it was written for you by First? Anyone who has been around more than a day knows that you can't speak speak proper english…

They also know that all you do, and all you ever have done is follow orders from him. Try thinking for yourself for once please.

The same lies and bullshit as the last six months and everyone knows it. Only difference of opinion is between those that are fed up and those still desperately attempting to gain your approval.

For the record it actually is extremely impressive that First has managed to collect so many skilled members of the mafia and turned them all into his lap dogs to do his bidding for him. The guy doesn't even need to rank up or become GF to control things.

Joeking Tobias
Report Post Tip

JoeKing waves at the guy with schizophrenia

Soooo... Why am I being mentioned again? I thought you were talking to Tobias.

Report Post Tip

My father for one was set on getting right back into power as soon as possible. Its a fair cop i think. Not sure how anyone can have a problem with this one. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ashes to ashes, Philly to dust
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL