Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:23:37
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [ > - >>> ]
The Blackhawk Restaurant Started by: Isabella-Luciano on Jul 02, '18 01:00

"Oh, my name is what gave it away? Usually, it's my somberness, it's never one for the enigma that is the city of Detroit."

Giving her a cheeky wink, Rose was her name? Well, that was new to him out here, he was used to things that often reminded him of home. Only here he was, it was a welcome change, one that seemingly promised a little bit more than met the eye.

"You have a nice name actually, much better than mine actually. It's something I've come accustomed to in my time, people being named after places or flowers, it's actually pretty different, a good different."

Issei gave her a small grin, he noticed the way she smiled, it was nice. She was certainly something else if the way she addressed him as anything else."​​​​

"Tell me, Rose, besides the various places of Detroit, what else brought you to the Blackhawk? It's one of the most famed places and still gets a fair number of customers, considering myself and you here right now."

Giving the bartender a small look, he ordered himself an Oreo Milkshake. Noticing some looks from the bartender and a few of the other patrons, he shrugged it off. Giving them all a single look, turning his attention back to Rosemary_Underwood, giving her a smile.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Rose smiled to the man's compliment about her name. She could feel her cheeks get a little red, and so she looked down a bit as if hiding her eyes from him could fix that issue. Luckily he moved on quickly, and when the questions was brought to her she gestured with a free hand toward the band.

"Well the music can be heard from almost anywhere on the street and it sounds lovely. Besides, the place looks really nice from the outside, so I thought I would see if it was as nice on the inside. If it wasn't I wasn't staying long. You know how some places gussy themselves up on the outside just to get you in, and then the liquor is watered down and the music is an old Victrola?"

She shook her head with a giggle. "Well, at least this place is nice right?"

That's when the woman who sat near them caught her attention. She slammed money onto the bar and ordered a whiskey with authority. Either she was someone important, or she was acting the part. Rose couldn't help but stare at LuckyLucy then as she sat and drank.

"Issei, do you know who that woman is? She's got an air about her don't you think?"

Report Post Tip

"Places like these are often not my scene, I'm more of a fighter, primarily. It does explain how I ended up here though, a great guard for some people and a simple nuisance for others, though I don't think I will be either to you, Rose."

The music was not something he came here for, recruits were often a thing for the future with him but here was Rose, she wished to have a good time. It was always meant to be one of those times for someone who was here for nothing more than that, he was not going to deprive her of that. 

Bowing his head, the dragon sipped his Oreo shake, pretending not to notice some of the looks, though they were minimal. Issei liked her laugh, it was nice, it was different, not forced, and not like she ACTUALLY knew him. The one that liked different things from the rumours that talked about him. 

"It is nice, though I'm more prone to New York, mainly due to the fact that some of those guys out there, they are a hell lot keener on selling Oreo Milkshakes...it's a bloody hassle getting them, I'll tell ya that."

Raising a brow to the lass, she seemed to be looking elsewhere, tilting his head, he noticed the former associate of Ivy. Now a proud member of an organization out in Philly, he bowed his head to LuckyLucy before turning back to Rosemary with his classic easygoing grin.

"She's Lucky Lucy, used to work out in Vegas, I'd seen her a few times. She runs a tailor shop out there, she makes pretty good suits. Haven't run into her or personally spoke with her, seems like she's...thinking."

There was something in his voice that seemingly told more as he did what he did best, observe. 

"Has she stolen your eye away from me? My, I almost feel challenged in some way..."

There was faux anger in his voice as he cracked a smile, giving her a wink before sipping his milkshake once more. Seeming like a mischievous sort of fellow...

Report Post Tip

SamRind twirled his whiskey drink around, listening to the sound of the melting ice. It was awakening his senses. This was a great place and he was glad that he was warned to dress well to impress. 

The menu did not have prices, so that never was good for a tight spender as himself, so he started with two appetizers and thought it best to drink and edge his way through the choices.

He looked around and knew there was more than drink and food at play here.

Report Post Tip

Zeb walks into The Blackhawk and is shown to a table

I'm dreadfully sorry but I've forgotten my spectacles and I can't read the menu

what are the specials?

Report Post Tip

Hearing the music sound on the streets when Desperado was walking in the motor city.
For what was supposed to be a short visit. Had yet become a longer visit than expected. 

He listens and hears one of his favorites artists' music.. is it? Isn't it? he asks himself. Yes, It must be! Yes, it must be Glenn Miller for sure!
He walks down an alley which connects to another bar and restaurant street in the center of Detroit.
Soon he sees the lightbox hanging outside it is shiny and lights up the whole street. It consumes almost the whole front of the Blackhawk Restaurant. You see people in line waiting to get their place inside. It is the busiest time of the day of course.. just before dinner he wanted to get into a joint. People are all dashed up and look very nicely dressed for this musical evening on Friday.

Desperado still attracted by the fancy big band music, can't resist himself to skip the line and pay off one of the bouncers

"Hold there" Says one of them. "You have to wait in the line, get back in the line please"

Desperado reaches for his money clip, slides a $ 50 dollar bill off it and places it in the hand of the bouncer, and taps him on the shoulder.
"You can skip the line" the bouncer mumbles."

Desperado walks in and finds himself at the first table which is close to the orchestra. Feels the music airwaves bounce against his chest and body. Enjoying the scenery of this fashionable place, together with the big band and restaurant allure. Makes it a great night to forget the visit in Detroit was taking longer than expected.

Report Post Tip

Its Gyps birthday today, he decides rent a limousine to round up all his friends and take them to out to the BlackHawk Restaurant

After the limo picks everyone up they head to the restaurant 

As soon as they walk in they are seated no questions ask

Waitress: Hello, how are you guys to tonight? Here is our menu and can I start you with anything to drink?

Gyp: I need 5 bottles of champagne to start 

Report Post Tip

Boulevard showed up to The Blackhawk Restaurant in a newly tailored suit, finely dressed from the meeting he attended earlier in Los Angeles. The aroma of freshly baked bread and hot off the pit steaks and spareribs surrounded his nose as he walked in the building, he looked straight ahead and found the podium where the hostess was standing to show Boulevard to his table.

"Welcome to The Blackhawk Restaurant, table for one?" The hostess asked.

"Yes, it's just me tonight," Boulevard replied.

When the hostess showed Boulevard to a table for one she revealed a menu and silverware from her apron and set it down on the table. Boulevard sat down and opened the menu.

"Enjoy your food and your stay here at The Blackhawk Restaurant," the hostess said before she went back to the podium.

After looking at the menu for a few minutes, the waiter came by the table. The steak in the picture was looking good, so Boulevard decided on ordering that.

"Good evening, Sir and thank you for choosing The Blackhawk Resturaunt. I am Steve and I will be waiting on you tonight," the waiter said, introducing himself. "What kind of beverage can I start you out with?" Asked the waiter.

"Let me get a glass of iced black tea," Boulevard told the waiter.

"Okay, one iced tea," the waiter said as he scribbled in his notepad. "Are you ready to order your food?" Asked the waiter.

"Yes, I'm ready." Boulevard said, "I'll have the porterhouse steak medium rare and the fully loaded baked potato," Boulevard said as he looked from the waiter back down to the menu, "and I'll have a side of cheesy macaroni," Boulevard added.

The waiter scribbled in his notepad once again. "Wonderful, Sir. I will head to the back and grab your drink and put your order in right away." The waiter said before he headed to the back.

The waiter got back with Boulevard's iced tea and set it down on the table while Boulevard was reading a chapter out of the book he's been reading. Boulevard took a couple of sips from his iced tea and continued to read while he waited for his food to come.

The waiter got back with arms full, "here you go, Sir. One medium rare porterhouse with a fully loaded baked potato," the waiter said. He grabbed the steak and potato from his arms and set it on the table, "and one side of cheesy macaroni," he said as he set the macaroni on the table and then topped off Boulevard's drink. "Enjoy your meal," the waiter said before he headed to the back.

Boulevard put his bookmark in his book and closed it and set it down on the side of his table and began to eat.

Boulevard wiped his mouth then hands with his napkin and picked his book back up and began to read.

About 5 minutes later, the waiter came by and put Boulevard's bill on the table. "Thank you for dining at The Blackhawk Restaurant, I hoped you enjoyed your food, " and walked back towards the kitchen.

After he was done reading the next chapter, Boulevard put the bookmark on the new page and put the book back in his pocket and went to the front to pay his bill. He put a 20 dollar bill on the table for the waiter before standing up.

"The meal was great," Boulevard said to the cashier. "My compliments to the chef," he said as he put another 40 dollars in the tip jar and then headed for the door.

Report Post Tip

How long had it been now? 

A few days he'd decided to bring about a resurgence within Las Vegas, if he could try, but as the way of their world had to dicate and continue. He would have to make sure that business slowly improved over the next few weeks, if he could provide both of his bosses with a suitable paycheque at the least.

Speaking of those bosses, he knew for a fact that this... banquet couldn't be her scene, Ksenia had a way of doing things that probably wouldn't be for the best. Consideing who was well on their way here, Las Vegas' legal system could only handle so much blunt interruption without great need. 

Glancing at the door, he wandered over to some of the chefs, waiters, and people organizing the gracious event. He was glad they understood the former owner was passed away, that came with some issues in hand, one being the gracious way of they would have heard served people. 

"Sir, we have complete preparation for what we're doing tonight. We assure you everything is going to be taken care of, have some faith." If he'd been some other kind of mafiosi, Rossa would have punched him and stuck his hand so far down his throat for the interruption but he'd had... wishes and inclinations, so he kept his cool with a manufactured smile of simplicity. 

Walking about, seeing the set up, nothing was wrong with such a place like this. In fact, it only continued to be one of the better places from an era thought burdened and left to fade with time. Rossa blamed the placers, then some of the oddities people had about classic 'straunts like this. What else could he do but give the former people a time like this?

"Sir, some of our guests are arriving, would you like to greet them?" Rossa shrugged, maybe he could offer some civility, he spun on his feet and looks the picture of casual civility. 

Instead of opting for his usual three-piece suit. Rossa is only in a pinstriped black and white shirt, it's tucked. His tie loosely done and his eyes a tad bored but bursting with blue as his hair is only in its usual fringe but he manages to look the tidied professional that he is. That he should be. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish to welcome you to one of my firsts banquets here in our fabulous city. Some of you are so busy that you forget what it means to enjoy yourselves, so please, have fun. Laugh, drink, and be merry. If you need any assistance, I shall be around. Thank you."

Rossa is short and to the point, only then going about and getting himself a drink. A strict measure he's taken to allowing himself one drink, but if she shows up, well, even he can't promise himself what he may or may not do. 

What happened in Vegas, well, the adage was true. 

It was going to stay in Vegas.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

It had been a few days now since Ksenia was in Las Vegas and to be completely honest most of that trip was just a blur in her memory. There were bits and pieces that she remembered but of the most part, it was all a very distant memory. The only thing that she really did remember was the run in with that Rossa guy, she couldn't exactly pinpoint the conversation that they had but did remember the bit of ruckus that concluded their brief meeting. 

There was always something about blood and violence that caught her attention but then again growing up and thriving with that in that regards kind of left an imprint on her. So it was just something that she continued to carry and continued to enjoy doing, as messed up as it sounds, it was just her. There was a time and a place for it, she knew when, was well calculated in that regards. Now... now was not the time, it was time for her to play the crowd, even if it went against everything that she stood for. She knew it was needed, knew it was what was expected of her now being the second in command of an operation. She had to be flexible, whether she wanted to or not.

So here she was attending this banquet that another one of Vinh esteemed colleagues was putting on. Someone that Ksenia still didn't quite know but knew that she needed to get to know. She knew that she had met the man in Vegas but she was no where in the right state of mind to actual recall what they discussed, if they actually discussed anything. The combination of exhaustion and cocaine would do that to a person. Likely enough, she had basically slept a full 24 hours, completely recharging her batteries. 

She looked good, quite presentable. Walking in with her black pencil dress, which was cut just below the knees. A pair of black dress gloves, extending just past her elbows, some black heels and of course a little black clutch to tie it all off. Her shorter brown hair, straight, sitting just below her shoulders and a bright pop of red lipstick upon her lips. It wasn't often that she dressed up but when she did, she made it look good. 

As she entered she could feel the glare from most of the patrons, it was a bit uncomfortable but it was a great first impression. What made it even better, she paid no mind to any of them. That was not until she heard the man who put this all together speak up, welcoming everyone from coming. She got a clear look at him through the masses, a flicker of a memory fired within her. He was the man she had talked to back in Las Vegas but outside what he looked like that was about all she knew about him... well that and his name. Estarossa or just Rossa, from what Vinh referred to him as.

Making her way through the crowd, she now found herself standing behind him as he conversed with some of the banquet goers. Tapping on the shoulder in the midst of his conversation because she wasn't going to just stand there and wait for him to turn about. She didn't have the time nor the patience for that.

"Rossa, right?" She questioned even before he had turned, hoping to pull his attention from the others.

"So you want me to do that for you? A few more talks, a few things would need to get adjusted but I don't see why not. That's all though? Nothing else that sullies our city, hm?" Mayor Saint-Stone was a man of means, especially once he met with Mayor Von-Erich, the two of them got along quite well, especially as Rossa had them in his pocket. 

It was a thrilling situation, one that he manufactured and continued to nurture into this very place. It was only a simple situation, managing gangs and putting situations to rest. He was a solver of things and a friend to the people, he managed to keep them on his good side and keep them fed with booze and women, or men, in the case of Saint-Stone. 

Nothing went wrong, not until he'd heard that voice and he only made to ignore it, hoping to all that was good that she'd forget him. Instead, there was only a hum. Like she knew something he didn't, he turnt to her and his eyes only took her in... 

For a moment, yes, that is what he would say to himself until the very day he died, he was stunned. She sure knew how to dress, for a second he was sure that she'd had a twin for a moment but he recalled it, the way her hair seemed to bob with her. 

He shook himself out of the stupor, at least, he was certain he had, certainly not taking looks here and there. He only managed to smirk, a waiter coming over and offering her a choice of vodka, he wondered. She didn't seem the type to care if Vodka was seen as swill, even to the high society but maybe he was wrong, he'd been so before. 

"You know to dress, I'm stunned, this is certainly not what I would have expected from you. Nor did I know you would be here," Rossa trails off. He notices it, the absent look in her eyes, the dull silence that hangs between them. Huh...

Coke was sure one hell of a drug, she didn't remember him, he could see that much, she asked his name and barely even managed to say a snide comment. He thought he could play to it but instead he only rolls his eyes, further going back into a memory that was just... an annoyance. 

What should he have expected? Safety, precaution? He doubts she even remembers the blood on his cheek, how it made him feel or how he looked to the trained eye. She was not someone who could even remember the next day, probably, he didn't know her and he would have been glad to keep it that way. 

"Ksenia. yes, I'm Estarossa. I would appreciate it if you called me that, I don't think we're exactly friends. Especially when you can't remember what happened several days ago, what are you even doing here?" Rossa manages to not burst in anger, he was certainly doing a fine enough job but even he'd have his limits. 

He'd not have enough smokes to last the entire night and here she was torpeoding it and she hadn't even said another thing, yet. 

"What could I even help you with? A drink? Food? Directions to the nearest taxi?" There it was, his anger, and she didn't deserve that, he knew she didn't. It was his fault but he was hardly going to be admitting that now was he?

Instead, he turned to look at one of the waiters and took a glass of bourbon. Maybe it'd be easier to drink the night away, it certainly couldn't hurt to try...

His snippy attitude could be heard through his words to her, the few of them that he actually spoke. Coupled with his glare and look of distaste upon his face spoke further into his previous words. It must have stemmed from their encounter out in Las Vegas... only if she could actually remember every stitch of it, then she would be able to deduce why he was acting the way he was. Not that it really mattered to her, she didn't need him as a friend but he needed to know if he was to continue working for the Cholon Triad, respect would need to be given. 

She shooed the waiter away even though the temptation to grab both of the glasses of vodka was a tough decision to turn down. There were barriers that she needed to abide by and not drinking until later was one of them. For her that was usually when the spiral would begin... it always started with the vodka, the vodka led to the cocaine and before she knew it, it was days later.

"Estarossa!" She muttered while taking a step closer. Getting close enough that the next bit of words would only be heard by him and no one else. With an event such as this, these people didn't need to overhear any bit of conversation from them, other than pleasantries. "This is no place for snippy attitudes, you don't like me fine but suck it up until this is over. I'm not your enemy, so for the next few hours pretend to like me."

She took a step back from him, smiling from ear to ear as if she had just told him something comical. Something seemingly lighthearted, making the few people within close proximity to them to also smile. Only if they actually knew the words that she actually spoke...

With her continued smile, Ksenia made eye contact with some of the people surrounding them. She knew not a one of them, she hadn't been in Detroit long enough to make acquaintances so this was really her first dabble into the Detroit social life. Not something that she liked to do but something she knew needed done. Just a way for people to put the name to the face... the schmoozing was not her forte, that would be up to Estarossa to handle.

"So, what does a girl have do to get a glass of wine around here?" It was a blanket statement for anyone to hear and it was an order that was quickly filled by the man standing to her right. Taller gentleman, dressed prim and proper from head to toe. Definitely had some sort of politician vibe to him just on looks alone.

"Thank you!" She gave him a smile before taking a sip. It was bitter, it was tart.... it wasn't good but this is what sophisticated people drank. She would have much rather a martini, something with vodka in it but this was going to have to suffice for the time being. Turning her head towards Estarossa, Ksenia spoke up once more. "Are you not going to introduce me to your friend here?" 

By now the look on his face would crack a mirror... she could see the anger flowing out through every little line in his face. It actually took all her might to not chuckle at the sight but she kept her demeanor and just waited for him to reply.    

He didn't want her here, she was everything that he loathed and everything that was wrong with her lack of memory regarding the situation. He could tell that she wanted respect, not his friendship, heck, she didn't care. 

With a slow drawl as he watched her, seeing her face slacken almost, it was a bit odd but she managed to hide it from others. Not him, he could read her, somewhat. That's the scary part, she's almost been... unreadable and it unnerves because his role was to read people. 

"Clay Stratton, this is a partner of mine, Ksenia. She's come in support of me, I appreciate that in my partners." Rossa manages to adjust, slyly, to anyone else, it was the classic Rossa playbook and who could even say any different? He was sly, he was crafty and he was all business, well, not what it came to his assumed partner.

He manages to notice how she's watching him, every tick of him, like she's enjoying his plight. He sends her a dull smile, before muttering his need for a drink and wandering off to the bar. He catches the eye of a fancy woman, for a moment he's thought to himself that he recognised her...

Wait, he did. Wasn't that Mei? She had a distinct class of dress, if anything, she was dressed for a different night and one that involved seduction, espionage, he only manages to reach her before she's entangled with a friend of his. 

Mayor Saint-Stone, the two talk in whispers and its all smiles before Rossa notices she's slyly placing a baggie of coke inside his inner coat pocket. He manages to stife a smile, for what reason did she think dealing coke here was reasonable?

"Sir." Rossa's interrupted, he meets the gaze of one waiter, he manages to give him a dazzling smile as he witnesses as multiple mayors, chiefs, and politicians gravitate to Ksenia. 

Well, she's either drawn them in with her looks, to which he would have snorted at, again, he denied she looked a perfect sight tonight. He only glances to the side, wondering why it's a concern of his, for her to be networking. If anything, he raised his glass in cheers to her before turning on his heels. 

"Don't worry about her, she's great to do her own thing. She doesn't need me watching over her, trust me on that!" Rossa's disregard was clear, instead, he was focused on Mei and her obvious operating, he had to wonder just who was supplying her. It certainly couldn't have been Vinh, could it?

He turned back to Ksenia...

Fuck. 

He was going to need her wasn't he? This truly was one of the shittest times of his life, though, why he disliked her? That was obvious by the mere look of her, how she managed to hide it, act like it was all okay. it'd only gone and destroyed him, maybe he just saw something in her that made him act out. 

In his thoughts, mixed up and lost, he'd already gone and tucked his arm into hers and giving her a small smile. It was all off of Autopilot that he handles all the minute details with grace. 

"Business calls, or politics, to whichever tickles your fancy, we have someone selling at our event. Surely, you see why that is a bad idea? I've already seen the esteemed Mayor of Las Vegas buy off of her. She's a friend of Vinh's, I don't know what's going on but I'd appreciate the help, please?" He glances at her with a genuine smirk, for a moment it could have looked like a smile, but he was granting her the tiny bit of respect, even if it pained him to do so. 

However, he noticed her lips curling with a slyness, he didn't know whether or not to adore that look. At least, it wasn't to him and he could be happy with whatever deal Mei got herself wrapped in...

There she was in the middle of a crowd of people, entertaining of sorts, which if you knew her wasn't something she generally did. It was kind of a real life nightmare happening in the moment, swarms of people all just looking upon her, expecting her to entertain them. There was a moment that she looked past the crowd around her, hoping to catch a glimpse of Estarossa. Not that she wanted to actually interact with him but more so hoping that he would be willing to come rescue her to some extent. Maybe insert himself back into the conversation, take some of the weight off of her shoulders.

It was more wishful thinking than anything, if she were in his shoes, she would have left him to drown. Kind of a dig for the comment that she had just made and not too much of her surprised, that was exactly what he did. Left her there to fend for himself. Now even though she despised being in such a position, it was a situation she could fake her way through. There was still no vodka and there was still no cocaine, her thoughts were flowing fully... her words deliberate and her comments witty and flirty. She was being the prime partner, so he claimed her to be. 

That was until from behind her she could feel the forceful thrust of an arm between her side and left arm. With a quick wrap around and pull close to him, Estarossa being himself excused the pair. In charming fashion of course, though she could sense the displease that their former entertainment was now walking off with the host himself. Leave it to a group of men, some of whom were already a few drinks in, to gravitate to a woman. Let alone a woman who was actually entertaining their chatter.

She could still feel their gazes on her as she walked away with Estarossa, the black pencil dress that she had on did a fantastic job forming to her body. So it was quite the fantastic view for them from behind... it was all a part of her plan actually. Not many men can resist such a thing. 

What happened next was quite the shock to her. She was half expecting more snippy behavior, possibly telling her to go fuck off and get out of here. She did kind of just show up without invitation but this was where she needed to be in this moment. So when he asked for her help, it damn near took her breath away. Perhaps he was actually starting to warm up to her, perhaps he removed whatever stick was up his ass. That was until she actually understood what he was asking of her. It was a business need... seemed that someone may be infringing on their territory and with a competitors supply. This was serious business and needed dealt with as soon as possible. Regardless if this woman was a friend of Vinh's or not, it didn't matter.

They made their way towards the end of the bar where he let go of her arm. She propped herself up using her right elbow, giving herself a perfect view of the place. Estarossa directly in front of her. They were by themselves, not within an earshot of anyone else. Not the perfect place to conduct business but this will have to do for the time being.

"Who?" Is all that she could muster up, as the thoughts in her head were already going through scenarios on how to deal with it. It wasn't what she wanted to deal with tonight... didn't want to get blood on her dress but thankfully the black would hide a little bit if it came down to it. Whatever they did, it needed to be as discrete as possible.

Report Post Tip

"Tatooed woman, she's an apparent friend of our drawing Vinh, he stuck her to me and I loaned 25,000, I have no clue what's she evens doing here. Look, there's no need to have this go sour. Come on, I'll do the talking, you stand there and..." 

He's about to mutter something else entirely before shaking himself out of that. 

He blamed the booze, it had to be that as he spun on his heels, leaving his words trailing after him. 

He approaches with the sly and slick style of a snake. He watches as she manages to hide herself, even her bag filled with coke but she's a bit late and none too perceptive. He sits in the seat next to her, for a second, he knows she speaks English, quite... perfectly, he imagined. 

How else would she have managed to sell with such a barrier? 

"You've been busy. Made back that 150,000 yet?" Rossa doesn't give himself away, but she knows she's caught and only the faint knock of his fingers against the hardtop bar is what leaves the two of them with soft ryhthm between them both. 

She doesn't say much, her teeth, pearly and shiny enough that they catch his attention with how she's applied a black lipstick to her. She's the picture of danger but playfulness, her fingers come to play at his collar, adjusting with a simmering heat to her eyes before finally he coughs, pointedly. 

"You're no fun when you're on business, should I guess that she doesn't see a different side to you either?" Mei's only gone and pointed to Ksenia with such a wave that she might as well dismissed her, Rossa doesn't say much, he wants her to continue. 

This might be some of the greatest fun he's had in a good long while, and by sheer god, why should it stop? Of course, he only moves his hand to her bag and takes it from her. Sliding it onto the bar, he manages to catch her eyes as he notices the few remaining bags of coke. 

All put together neatly with a stack of $250,000. Wooh, she made a killing, and this was just tonight? He meets her gaze and this time, her fingers pull him in, breath to breath and for a second, he's rolling his eyes. 

"You know, sometimes, it's best for one night. A bag, just one, and it can make you feel so different. So powerful, I mean, you're already confident, charming, handsome, and I can only imagine the type you are in other ways. Don't you want to be like her?" Mei makes no dismissal, she's smirking at Ksenia now, like she's protected, like she knows no one will touch her. 

Of course, for once, Rossa has no solid retort, his thoughts are plagued wth his own life. His way of doing things, when he'd done something for himself, in Vegas, shooting that guy felt so... exhilarating. Freeing, of course, why couldn't he feel so amazing with himself? 

He looked into her bag, stuck like a hypnotic gaze. For once, all he could was look at the bags. There were five left, why couldn't he? Just one taste, he sighs to himself, breaking himself out of it before looking deep into her eyes, glaring. 

"Mei. I have no want for the coke, what I want, what I need, is to know who is supplying you with this coke. Because this isn't Vinh's, your his friend, from the old country, but something tells you've been here longer than you're letting on. Especially with him.." Rossa snatches the bag, slides it over to his and Ksenia's side of the table before Mei giggles, seemingly broken by the turn of events. 

Is she crazy? 

What is with his life and crazy women? 

"You can try that act with Vinh, even with her, but you can't get it past me. You want it, I saw that look in your eyes, you're just like the rest of us, lost and delusional, little boy. Playing a game thinking he's got all the politicians in his pocket, Dogeyes wants a talk, especially with you, I mean, look at you, Rossa. You could be so much more... especially with the right... amount of guidance." She's leaning forward, in his personal space as suddenly there's her finger with a line of coke left just under his nose as slowly all his thoughts cease....

Just one taste....

Report Post Tip

There was just something about her tone that didn't sit right, it was passive aggressive almost as if she were untouchable. She directed every single word of hers towards Estarossa, only once or twice paying much mind to Ksenia herself. She wasn't anyone that Ksenia knew, hadn't even heard Vinh discuss her, not once, so their friendship couldn't have been all that great. Unless she was missing something, perhaps a conversation that they had once had that has now slipped her memory. It wouldn't have been the first time and with the bit of a cocaine addiction, it wasn't going to be the last.

Whether or not Vinh and her were actually friends it seemingly meant nothing to her if they were as she was here dealing others dope within an event put together for the betterment of the Cholon Triad. On top of it she was pushing Estarossa's buttons, trying to use whatever charm she was pushing onto him. What she didn't realize though was that, she was not one to fuck around with. Whether she was playing or not... Ksenia wasn't going to stand for it.

With zero hesitation as she stood there with a bump of coke under her fingernail right next to him. Ksenia balled up her fist and thrust it forward towards Mei, connecting right on the side of her face. The powder underneath her nail formed a small cloud which slower dissipated in the air. Mei didn't fair as well as the cocaine. The force from the punch caught her off guard and sent her flying into and over a bar stool. Both crashing hard to the ground. 

The sounds echoed through the restaurant, catching the glare of everyone in attendance. Not exactly the most ideal situation but it was something that needed done... the utter disrespect smack in front of her needed handled and needed handled quickly. Mei let out a moan of pain as she laid on the floor... doing a bit of damage control, Ksenia started laughing while looking towards the crowd.

"Some people just don't know how to control their liquor. Excuse my friend and her rude antics, please everyone continue enjoying your evening. I will be there to join you all shortly."

Turning back about, Ksenia gave Estaross a look. One that needed no words... They needed to get her off the floor and into the back as soon as possible. If she completely came to in that spot, she was going to cause havoc and they wouldn't be able to properly deal with her. Not unless they wanted to do a lot of that damage control.

She watched as Estarossa picked Mei off the floor, Ksenia righted the bar stool. He led her to the back as Ksenia followed closely behind. Knowing all too well that she probably shouldn't have done what she did right in the middle of the banquet but when instincts kick in, it is what it is.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Yeah. 

Rossa wasn't one to lie with himself, but when such an offer was afforded to him, how could one even begin to say no? Of course, it brought the other moments to him. How his mom used to offer it to him, of course she did, the junkie bitch wanted to have another failure, so he did what he had to do. 

Be free and he ran, as far as he could, as long as he could. He ended up somewhere else, but he learned from the best, his father. So, he picked up a few things, the art of the rogue, the art of charm, and the art of manipulation. Yet, he never learned to confront cocaine, how it made him feel, and tonight, just like all nights with Ksenia led to some sort of confrontation with it. 

So fueled with autopilot, he's already got Mei out of the way and into as he slumps against the wall, sliding down and for a moment, the weight of what he almost did hits him. Is he just his mother's son? All the way down to the line that waited for him? Was he just that much of a failure?

"Oh, little Rossa has his mind in a knot. You should really chill out, you got tempted my coke, you're not the first, certainly won't be the last. Maybe you should consider yourself lucky that your bitch punched me! Next time, she won't be so lucky, I made you an offer. I see how you dislike her..." Rossa's head snaps up, meeting her eyes and she knows it, even as he glances to Ksenia who's stonefaced, as per usual but even he manages to catch something.

It's probably just her need for something, even he's not too sure about why she's shown up to the event. She never said, he never bothered to ask, too caught up in memories of the past. 

"Oh, look see, you've made him a bit more acceptable. He was always on my friend's radar, he has a way with words, doesn't he Ksenia? Isn't that why you came? Because he's so easy to rile up? To watch, to look at and know that you've gotten under his skin. You're just very good at that, like the little bitch you are." Mei's words taunt, prod, and poke at Ksenia's exterior, of course, it seems to no avail, as if the woman knew a lot more about herself than anyone else ever could. 

Not even a shrink would be able to help her it seemed but Mei doesn't allow that to stop her, instead she's back to Rossa who is now only looking away from her, dejected for a moment but soon he's up. 

There's a certain strangeness that many admired about him. There were moments where he'd have breakdowns, to himself, but no words were uttered and all that remained was silence. Rossa was a smith with words, managing to collect himself and only pull together in the moments where the pressure continued to climb. 

He thrived in this environment and so he brought himself to the level of Mei, tossing her hair back and gazing at her lowly. The flicker of surprise that shone within her eyes was not only surprise, but fear as well. 

"You speak too much. I will make you an offer, there is only one option, acceptance. Do you understand that? Tell Dogeyes, come meet me in a week or so, from there, I'll decide whether or not to hear out this gracious offer. If it is not complete surrender of his business here in our machine city, he may choose to stay and he will lose. You may go, leaving the coke, and the money, as payment for your crossing us and the boundaries."

It's a stellar reminder that even distracted, Rossa is million times better than most would ever achieve focused. Mei does just that, running away but not before passing by Ksenia. 

Rossa cares not for what passes between the two of them as his eyes looks at the white dust that's found its way onto his fingers. He looks at it a second too long but turns his head to find himself looking at Ksenia, for a moment he smiles and finally he utters with a snort...

"You're turning heads tonight. Next time, I'll ask you to come with me, and yes, with Vodka. I apologize for my behaviour, it hasn't been the best, if you wish, you can slap me. Though you might make those old men jealous." 

Amused with himself, he offers her his arm with a soft enough smile and he wonders if maybe he can ease up with her, or if she's able to even remember this encounter. Maybe he should learn to let go...

Ha! Like that would ever happen. 

Report Post Tip

It was quite the interesting interaction between the two, there was a bit of back and fourth. She could see both of them were playing off each other but more so Mei was trying to flex some sort of muscle onto him. It was rather puzzling seeing how she was reacting, kind of reminded her of a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar. There were moments that she wanted to jump in, wanted to insert herself into the middle of it but opted to just watch how it all played out.

She learned quite a bit through that interaction. Mei was a mouthy bitch, so much so that Ksenia knew she was going to catch a beat down at some point in the near future. The thought of it actually made her smirk, imagining it all. There was nothing better than shutting a mouthy bitch up with a bit of force, it is something that really hits home at how insignificant the other person really is.

Was something that Mei was surely going to find out, it was just a matter of when. As she scampered past her, Ksenia made sure to give her a subtle wink as she gazed upon the red and slightly swollen cheek. The remnants of her well placed reminder of who was in charge.

The other thing that she learned was a bit more in depth about Estarossa himself. There was a reason Mei was doing what she was doing to him, there was some substance behind it. It wasn't something that she just decided to do because she was backed into a corner, there was a lot more than met the eyes. He had or has the same bit of addiction that she does with the white stuff. It all made sense why he was acting the way he was towards her. He saw himself in her and apparently didn't approve when he was sober.

Clearly she doesn't remember a lot of their first interaction back in Las Vegas but she did remember the attitude, one that carried over to today... It all made sense to her now... suddenly her perspective of him was a bit different. Good or bad was still to be determined but things have definitely shifted. Perhaps they were more alike than they both wanted to admit. It was a notion that she shook off, shaking her head softly to herself, catching the glare of Estarossa.

Listening to him as he spoke, his tone was soft and not demeaning. This wasn't him trying to charm her, this wasn't him trying to be anything but sincere. It was the first time in their interactions that she didn't see him as an egotistical piece of shit... she saw him for an actual person. It was odd and somewhat uncomfortable to her, was something that she generally had issues with. Positive interactions weren't her forte, especially when she was sober.

She did the only thing that seemed right... took his option and ran with it. Open hand slapping him across the face. It wasn't hard, it wasn't meant to be malicious but she made sure that he felt it. Their eyes met but not a single word was said between the two, the tension broke with a soft smile from Ksenia as she took his arm.

"Shall we get back to your banquet? I have a feeling our presence is surely missed."

Report Post Tip

Rossa manages to crane his neck to the side, feeling the sharp sting of her hand on his cheek beore he arches a brow. He only catches her for a moment's notice, the smile on her lips and then she'd taken his arm before going back out to that banquet. 

Yes, he'd not forgotten but for all it's greatness, he wondered what would happen next. Looking at her again, he wondered just how much she'd seen of his daze, of his damn near readiness to ive back into it before he let go. 

He'd not touched it, he never had- well, he wished he hadn't but his mother always had a way with words. Always convinced him that she was right, so how was he to know better? He shrugs to himself before clearing his throat. 

"Missed? Mine? Certainly not, they see me for favours, I'm nothing but the poster boy. They're here for their next mistress and to see if I can provide them with a taste of what this life is, adrenaline. The life we live is one that is often considered the best." Rossa only manages to give himself a headache sometimes, with all that he does, a break for himself is never really in the works. 

"Look, how about this? Me and you, all this business, I want to work with you on a project. A great business idea, something that's going to turn heads. If you'd like it, that is." Rossa pushes them through some doors, the banquet continues in high efforts and it is here he notices some others, of course, there are not only men of importance. 

Women glance to him with care in their eyes, with desire, and he wonders if he'd done the right thing with how close the two of them were but of course, they didn't matter, not right now. 

It was only a second that he tucks in her hand further before proceeding to walk with her, he'd seen her before, how uncomfortable she was almost. A different man would have left her whilst he'd gotten high in the back, of course, he wasn't that man, anymore. 

So he continues with the idle chat but he knows she has no true care for it and so he will casually settle into something further. 

"If you want too, this business would provide greater support and business for all of us, especially in these times when random people show up to our events. I don't know about you but that seems like a big fuck you to us, I don't think you tolerate disrespect.. that much." Rossa too had a way about disrespect, he'd shown it in vegas and sometimes, extreme measures had to be taken. 

Of course, he'd given those other guys a pass and a ticket here, if they wished to do damage and make money, he had all the space in the world for something at least. How could he not give them some support? So, they worked for him now. 

"But business can wait, can't it? We've dealt with it enough, for now. Would you care for a dance?" Rossa, again, is smiling softly at her and for a moment, he can see, the tiny reading that he gets and he finds himself snorting. It's unlike him, but she's rather... different under situations like this.

He only finds himself drawn to learn a bit more about Xena, how could he not?

Report Post Tip

His words intrigued her, there was something about the subtle secretiveness within his words that drew her in to wanting to know. The want to pull him off to the side, in the back... where ever they could have a moment to themselves to discuss what he was trying to mention but there was no such time for this here.

They had already excused themselves for far too long, making his guests wait any longer without their presences would only hinder any sort of potential future business. Even though, from the looks of it, he had most of these guys in the bag. Which in itself says a lot about him and how he works the crowd. Some of, if not most within the banquet hall were hard men to work with. Hard to get on your side in the time of need, even with a healthy under the table paycheck. Most of them valued their status far more than anything else, yet he was able to slide in and bypass their hard exteriors.

There was definitely something about him, something about how he handled himself that drew people towards him. Not to say that it worked all the time but here she was, arms locked within his smiling for the crowd. How she had gotten to this point was beyond her but here she was, in all the discomfort that came with it.

Looking him in the eyes, she gave him a nod before assuming her dancing posture. Locking her hand within his and placing the other just below his shoulder.

"I think this could be good, we talk business but yes not here. This is not such a place... perhaps later or tomorrow but now we dance. Then after grab a drink, I could really use one."

He nodded without saying anything and as the next song began they began to dance. Him leading the way in the middle of the room, she could feel all eyes on them. The mixture of laughter and snarls radiating from the crowd. There will always be the jealous types in the mix, always... They danced the one song, ending with him dipping her... clapping from the crowd ensued, causing a rather rare smile upon her face. One that she quickly turned off when she noticed Estarossa looking towards her.

"Was that a smile?" He questioned

"No!" She exclaimed "How about that drink?" She tried to divert the conversation, hoping he would just bypass it.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Blackhawk Restaurant
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL