Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:22:39
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
The Blackhawk Restaurant Started by: Isabella-Luciano on Jul 02, '18 01:00

"I can't tell you how afraid of failure I continue to be."  She said softly so Jewel alone would hear.  "I don't think good leaders ever outgrow that.  I mean, you get comfortable and you learn tricks to make it more simple ... but it's truly an ongoing process.  There's always new situations coming up and things to learn and do."

"I don't know how you'd do in leadership, Jewel but I do know you've more than proven yourself to be loyal to the Ivory Tower - generation after generation.  I know you're the crew's top earner.  I know that you've stepped up every time I've needed anything and your time in our HQ is consistent and dependable... and I do need that."

"What would you say, in theory, if I were to let you dip your toes into the leadership pool?  Calimero is stepping aside to deal with some personal issues - he just can't be here as much as I need him - and while there is another who deserves the seat... he's not ready for it either.  But I want to be seen as the sort of person who is willing to take a chance on someone yet unproven as a leader.  I want to be the sort of leader who upholds those who uphold me."

"Jewel, would you consider serving as my Right-Hand Man, at least for a while?  If we find you're not suited to it... if you prefer other things, well, as we've seen often this run, things change.  We can make changes as we must... but I'd really like to give you your first go at leadership and help you to learn a little about it.  What do you say?"

Report Post Tip

Coughing a little bit sorta surprised. Clering my throat of a clear answer to the importan question. "Don, I would be very honored, that you would consider me. I would be happy as a clam as  Americans say to fill the slot and dip my toes as you said Don."

I am doing my best not to fall out of the chair, or jump up and down in complete excitement...( jumping up and down on the inside)

Report Post Tip

"It's I and every leader of the Tower before me that is honored to have you and your ancestors with us."  She raised her glass to Jewel.  "Here's to YOU as we move forward together to further the goals of The Ivory Tower."  With that Isabella ordered the most expensive dinner possible for both of them to enjoy.

Report Post Tip

I had been tasked with the responsibility of finding a place to head to in town by my partner, and often times boss, Rachel_Lorano. I could understand her desire to get out there and actually see a city that wasn't our own, seeing as most of the time we spent in other towns we just went on strolls around the place or stayed in the hotel and handled business there while sending out guards or associates we brought along to handle or go get the things we needed. I always felt it was safer that way but it truly was beginning to become routine and a boring one at that. Also wondering when the hell I became so careful I felt the need to keep myself cooped up all the time I agreed with her in deciding we should break this trend.

I got up early in the morning, well early for myself, and went out about the town to see where the place to be was on a Saturday in Detroit. All I kept hearing people talk about was the Blackhawk Restaurant being the place to be on a Saturday evening. I had to admit it caught my interest after hearing the rave reviews this place and from many different people I had to drive by and scope the place out myself to see if at least the look of the outside deserved all the promotion it was garnering. 

When I pulled up outside the location of the place, which I got from another person who was raving on about how it was the place to be, I had to admit the outside of it was certainly attention grabbing enough, even at this earlier hour. Tonight I was sure the place would look even more fantastic. This would certainly be a good place to go later on as it was already busy at this time of the day and had well dressed people coming in for lunch and other out of towners stopping to take pictures. I had made up my mind that this was the place that we should go. I went back to the hotel to scoop up Rachel and to get out of my current dress and to go and to put on one of my better suits in the wardrobe.

I had exactly what I was gonna say in my mind already and couldn't help but smiling all the way back to the hotel. Once I finally got back there I went back to the room me and Rachel shared and got her attention.

"You might wanna go shower and get ready, we're going out tonight and you're gonna wanna wear the finest piece of clothing you brought with you." I told her now in hopes that it wouldn't take her all night to get ready, just hopefully the whole afternoon.

Of course she wasn't entirely happy that she was told at the last minute to get ready and that we were going to a place where we would have to put on our finest attires. Women and their prep time and all, but I can tell she was happy to actually be going somewhere. I went to my luggage to find one of my best suits. It was a grey pin stripped suit and I matched it up with a black shirt, and decided not to wear a tie.

It only took him about 20 to 30 minutes tops to get ready before he went to go sit on the couch in their suite while waiting for his girlfriend to continue to get herself ready.

'She's probably nowhere close' He thought to himself as he turned on the radio and prepared to listen in to the sports game going on while waiting for her to get ready.

He was surprised a few minutes later when the woman in his life came out and said she was ready to go. He was stunned by what she had on. She always made sure to dress nice whenever she went out, even if it was to someplace that didn't require it. So she made sure to take it a step further when it really did call for her to do so.

"Wow, I mean not to take away from any other time you dress up but you look amazing tonight Princess." I complimented her. Something that I couldn't see myself doing earlier in my life but times were different now. "Well, let's head out my dear." I said and led the way out the door holding it open so she could exit and so I could get a better look at her as she walked past me and a little bit ahead of me to the elevator.

Once we got down to the car I again acted the perfect gentlemen and held open her door for her and closed it once she was inside. I wanted this night to be great for us both but more importantly I really wanted to make sure she enjoyed herself. We made idle chit chat on our way over to the restaurant. I was excited to see what she thought of the place so I got a bit more quiet the closer we got. Once I pulled up in a parking space across the street from the restaurant, I again hustled over to the passenger side to open her car door and help her out.

I held out my arm for her to loop her's through and we crossed the street arm in arm until we were standing right outside the place. In the night view it looked even more spectacular than it did in the afternoon and also seemed a bit more busy than it was but there was a lot of activity and bustle going on and it certainly did check out as the place to be on a Saturday night. I turned to my companion for the night with a smirk on my face.

"Well dear, whattya think about this place?" I asked waiting to see her response.

Report Post Tip

She had finished up the last bit of writing on the paper regarding their business in the Motor City when Antonio_Maldonado_Jr came back to the hotel.  Rachel always had a smile for the man who held her heart, and that moment was no different.  Seeing his smile made all the stress over the past few days melt away.  Lately business had been a headache, just not so much the work itself but the people who drained her energy in negotiations. She felt good about the current deal though, so when Toni mentioned and urged her to go get ready for a night out, Rachel gladly closed the book blocking out business for the remainder of the night. 

"Awh Toni!  That's just what we both needed.  I'll be ready in a flash."

Her mind was already rambling onwards of what to wear from what she had brought with her on the trip.  Once she showered and pampered herself for a bit, Rachel went to the closet then stood there browsing her wardrobe choices.  Toni said something along the lines of elegant, and that pretty much covered her entire wardrobe she chuckled while thinking that.  So much for an easy decision.  She slid the hangers left and right, getting a full view of each evening dress before settling on the one little number.

Toni always teased her on how long it took her to get ready for anything, but elegance knew no time limit.  Despite his joshing all the time, she managed to surprise him quite often on how quickly she managed to get ready sometimes.  That evening was one of them, and the reaction of surprise at her promptness was rewarding.  Not as rewarding and pleasing as his reaction to her dress choice though.

Her red curls were fixed up, secured at the back, with a few stragglers hanging loosely at her temples and nape of her neck.  The dress itself was red as well, but a different shade and blended well.  The strapless red velvet dress was something new, so this was the first occasion Rachel was able to wear it.  Elsa Schiaparelli was one of her favorite designers.  The sequin laced dress glimmered even in the hotel lighting as she spun around while glancing in the mirror.

Rachel smiled impishly as she grabbed the matching clutch that was covered in red sequins, just something small for accessorizing.  The black heels were hidden a bit by the floor length dress.  She went out into the sitting room of the suite where she found Toni kicking back relaxing with the radio announcer just getting out a sports action in the game currently going on.  Rachel paused for effect, allowing him to have a moment to take in her appearance.

"Whatta ya think about this ol' thing?"

She smiled at his reaction while his eyes traveled from her exposed left heel, up the slit of the dress to her knee, then up to the bodice, up to the bare shoulders and neck, then up to finally meet her gaze. The material had a lazy pleating design that gathered at the waist.  She used to hate when he would call her princess, but back when they first met it was more a taunt.  It evolved into an endearing pet name which she liked.

When they arrived to their destination, Rachel turned to Toni with a soft gasp.  She placed her hand on his arm before speaking.

"This is the place I was wanting to go to remember since our last business trip."

He killed the engine then like the perfect gentleman he always was, Toni held his arm out for her.  Rachel slid her arm through his then leaned into his warmth as they made their way over to the restaurant.  She didn't bother with a wrap that evening, instead choosing not to cover up the beautiful dress.  The establishment looked spectacular with all the lighting, and certainly looked booming with business, too.

"It looks great darling.  I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it since our last visit to Deroit.  I can't wait to enjoy the evening with you."

Report Post Tip

It would seem I made the right choice in picking the location. Only problem is, I wasn't great with handling these things and thinking too far in advance when dealing with stuff like this. Back when I ran with Uncle Frank we didn't hit up fancy places like this and all the other places we went to just let us in due once they got a look at Frank. I wasn't as intimidating looking so that wouldn't work for this kinda place, and forcing my way inside would either get me arrested or more than likely shot. Seeing as I was here on a date and to have a good time that wouldn't exactly do for this scenario. Good thing I also had a quite capable brain working inside my head.

With that acknowledged in my head, I went over figuring out the best route in my mind. I took a look at the line and decided I wasn't gonna be waiting in that all night. I was outta town so I couldn't just name drop and didn't have any connections here to use though I'm sure I could have them ask around and after awhile someone would know where we came from but the problem with having a small organization and not making too much noise is nobody outside your neighborhood knew you that much. I made a mental note to reflect on how to get ourselves more organized and serious later. So with all that figured out I came to the realization that I'd have to go all in on the one thing I had to use at my disposal and it most certainly wasn't my good looks.

I walked, still arm and arm, up to the host and waited until he just handed off the people who were next in line off to a waiter to take them to where they were seated. He then got the host's attention before he handled the next people in line and tried to speak softly so as not to put all his information out there.

"Hey look man, here's the deal. Me and my lady would like to get a table at this fine establishment but I didn't really do reservations or none of that shit. Forgive me on that next time I'll go about it the right way but you think this time you could let me slide on inside without all that? I'll be sure to make it worth your while." I said while fighting back a sigh and keeping the fake smile on my face as I reached in my pocket and pulled out my bigger wad of bills and flashed the man to show him what I was talking about.

I could immediately tell this guy was one of those "by the books" type of worker when his face remained indifferent to the money being shown to him. Then add to the fact he told me quite loudly that he couldn't do that and if I wanted to be seated I'd have to go to the back of the line and hope for the best.

I so kindly wanted to break this man's jaw on the spot but figured that wouldn't be very nice and would cause an uproar. Besides this place had the backing of some very connected people. Seem like I was able to reign in my temper with remembering these details and also remembering I wasn't as bold as my dearly departed uncle either. I took another breath and decided to try another approach. The host had turned and was ready to address the next people in line.

It was a family man who looked like he had to spend a pretty penny to get his family into this place. They certainly didn't look poor but this was surely gonna put a dent in their pockets. I could use this to my advantage. I stepped in front of the host and talked to the man directly.

"How you doing sir? I know you brought your family here for a night of fun and what not and I'm sure you guys have been looking forward to this night for quite sometime. But me and my lady would really love to check this place out ourselves and we gotta catch a flight outta here tomorrow so we won't be able to wait or be turned around. But you on the other hand, if you'd be willing to part with your seats for the night, I'd be willing to make it so you guys eat here next weekend on me AND also be able to go out on the town tonight on me as well? How's that sound, two weekends out and you get to keep the money in your vacation fund. Whattya say?" I asked the man with a polite smile on my face.

The man looked at me like he was undecided and like accepting the offer would be a blow to his pride. The host behind me was complaining and threatening to call security but I paid him no mind. If I did I had a feeling he'd be on the floor by now. I kept my eyes focused on this man and the wad of bills still in my hand.

It was the man's wife who showed the only bit of common sense out of all the people in this situation when she mentioned to her husband that this place wasn't going anywhere and that there was a seafood place near an amusement park somewhere close by that she always wanted to check out. My smile turned into a grin when he looked at her and then back to me and begrudgingly accepted my offer.

I nodded at the man and told him he made a smart choice and then ripped off about one thousand dollars in hundred dollar bills and handed it to him. That would make up for the blow to his pride that as a partially reasonable man I could understand. It was also good to know I still had some silver tongue in me and could negotiate. My father would be so proud, Uncle Frank would slap me upside the head. I gave a mental shrug due to the fact I was impressed with myself.

I turned back to the host.

"So looks like we got ourselves a table there champ, would you mind showing us to it?" I asked with a shit eating grin on my face.

He glared at me and if looks could kill then I'd be a puddle of blood on the nice floors of this place, but looks didn't really do shit and cash ruled the day so he eventually let me and my woman through once he figured out he wasn't gonna win this staring contest. I kissed Rachel on the cheek as we walked past him to apologize for holding her up with having to deal with all this.

"Remind me next time I try to be spontaneous that fancy places need reservations so I could do all this beforehand." I whispered in her ear.

Once we arrived to the table I pulled out her chair first to let her sit and pushed it in before going to take my own, determined to be the perfect gentleman tonight.

I smiled to her once I seen she had already picked up the menu and I then asked "So dear, what looks good here?" Before opening my own and looking it over while enjoying the music the live band was playing.

Report Post Tip

She had to admit it was quite amusing to see her man in action when he went after something he wanted.  Toni had that way about him, and one of the many reasons she was drawn to him honestly.  His business edge always impressed her, even before she had gotten to really talk to him in depth.  The host was decidedly annoying, but the look of victorious satisfaction on Toni's face was worth the rude attitude we'd been given.

Of course her eyes caught sight of the dance floor within moments of their arrival, and even before they were seated.  The atmosphere of this place was enchanting, and already living up to her expectations.  Rachel giggled softly at his comment though when he kissed her.  Despite all his grumblings of dancing with her, Rachel believed he secretly enjoyed it, but just didn't wanna admit it.  Then he'd have to endure more of it.  That thought made her smile as her gaze connected with his once he took his seat after assisting hers.

Rachel picked up the menu once her date was seated then perused the inside list of items.  She wasn't entirely sure of what she wanted just yet, but several things were standing out to her already.  She famished and wanted an appetizer, after a long hard day working.  Rachel had a sweet tooth and definitely was planning on something for dessert.  She was trailing a finger down the menu straight to the dessert options, but was distracted the moment Toni asked what looked good.  Without thinking about entrees she blurted out in a soft voice suddenly.

"Matzos slice looks good.  Oh wait.  Strrawberry tartlet!  No no.  Strawberry shortcake.  Yum!"

Her blue eyes glanced up to her companion from the menu to see his amused look.  Rachel felt the blush creeping up across her cheeks.  Red dress, red face, and red hair.  Good Lord she'd look like a lobster in a minute.  She cleared her throat then made a show to look back at the menu.

"You mean the entrees.  Well let's see.  Oh look at that.  A place this fancy has french fries.  Your favorite!"

Rachel glanced back to Toni with a smile of her own knowing how much he loved french fries.  Her blue eyes held a twinkle in them, but she held back the laughter to just a smile.

"I think I am leaning towards the uhh... Duckling with applesauce and sweet potatoes, and a waldorf salad, too.  Apple cider sounds tasty as well."

Rachel laid the menu down on the table then clasped her hands lossely on top of the menu.  Her gaze was entirely focused on the extremely handsome man sitting in front of her.  She couldn't believe how she'd been so lucky to have someone like him be a part of her life.

"What do you fancy tonight darling?"

Report Post Tip

Detroit...  It was becoming her second home.  Well...  Tied with Philadelphia and New York that is...  Good grief she had many places that she loved to visit.  But today it was Detroit...  There just felt to be something just right with this city.  Could be the ambiance...  Could be that the most powerful people in this city were related to her...  Could be any number of things.  It was one of the few places that Ellie felt just...  Safe.  

Perhaps that's why she hadn't moved here already.  

The girl chuckled softly to herself as she walked purposefully toward the Blackhawk Restaurant.  It had come highly recommended by a certain beloved sister of hers...  She had been dying to try it, both for the wonderful food and the fun ambiance that Izzy had mentioned.  And yet she had to admit that she hadn't managed to stop by.  Why not?  She honestly hadn't the faintest clue.  But tonight she was about to remedy that.  

So it was that she dressed up in her loveliest emerald evening gown and did her hair up in a stylish little ponytail where pieces of her hair framed her face.  It seemed to be a favored hairstyle with the young Luciano.  Classy enough, but still cool on her neck.  She smiled as she was greeted at the door.  She preferred to be surprised, so she had not arranged ahead of time that she was coming.  Instead she was lucky to find a seat.  When she thanked the man for showing her to her seat, he merely chuckled and stated that there was always a table for a Luciano here.  She chuckled softly, feeling her cheeks turn pink.  Her gaze moved about, bouncing from table to table as she sought the eyes of anyone she knew.  Perhaps her father and mother in law would be dining tonight?  Or her sister?  If only she could be so lucky...

Just then the waiter came over and she smiled sweetly up at him and ordered a pop as well as the breaded pork chops, tomato sauce, and mashed potatoes.  Goodness gracious now that sounded delicious.  She probably should have ordered an appetizer first, but hey...  She was always a go for the main course type of girl.  Maybe next time!

Report Post Tip

"Excuse me, Jewel.  I have some other business to attend to."  With that she walked away from the table, smiling and socializing with those coming and going from The Blackhawk.  Taking a moment she popped by the table of her kid sister, Eleonora_Luciano

"You're looking adorable tonight!"  She kissed her sister's cheeks.  "If I had known you were going to be in town I would have planned some shopping for us.  You should get out there and dance tonight - this band is UTTERLY on fire.  To die for really.  I'm so happy see you, really I am.  I feel like we haven't talked in forever."

Report Post Tip

A very familiar voice was heard from behind her and without missing a beat, turned and stood up.  She wrapped her arms around her sister before leaning back to give the customary cheek kissing greeting before hugging her again.  It seemed like she never saw her anymore!  But then again she'd seen her many more times in the last few months than she had in the last few years.  She beamed at her sister as her gaze raked over her attire and form as well more gauging her well being than her clothing.  But she flushed at her compliment and dipped her head in acknowledgement and thanks.  "Thank you, you're looking beautiful as always!"  She enthused softly before looking around and smiling to a couple people whose attention they had snagged.

She looked back to Isabella as she mentioned dancing and the band.  "They sound amazing...  I might have to do just that!"  She nodded eagerly but stopped to smell the foods around her.  "Oh goodness I have got to get something in my stomach first...  I am pretty sure I haven't eaten since breakfast!"  She grinned brightly at Isabella before taking a seat again and waving to the seat across from her.  "Got time to hang out with your sister for a few minutes?  Anything exciting going on tonight?" She looked around for who her sister might be with tonight.

Report Post Tip

I laughed a bit watching Rachel go on and on about the desserts that she saw. She was always one more focused on sugary substances more so than the actual food. If she had it her way she probably would've skipped food entirely and only got to the sweets part of it all. She couldn't quite do that and she knew it so she went and corrected herself picking out an entree and the rest of her meal for the night.

"There'll be plenty of time for dessert later dear, we actually have to get some real food in us first." I said as I looked over the menu myself.

My eyes lit up when I saw the had french fries. I loved those, but the sad part was most fancy restaurants I've been to wouldn't make them unless they were specially requested. That's why I didn't really like going to fancy restaurants. This one was fancy looking but down to earth enough that they still carried a lot of good basic food and even some of the fancier things as well.

I continued to gloss over the menu while I heard Rachel ask me what it was that I would like to order as well. I hummed aloud to show her I was still pondering her question and putting things together in my mind before I said it aloud. Luckily I had come to a full decision just as the waiter had arrived to ask us what we would like.

Going off of memory I repeated to him what it was that Rachel wanted to order first. Once he was done writing it down on a little pad to remember and give it to the cooks in the back he then turned to me and asked to take mine as well.

"Let me get the Shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. Then let me get the fried scallops and also lemme get fried milk fed chicken but substitute the fried potato for french fries too. For the drink let me also have an glass of apple cider as well and lemme get bread and butter for the table." I ordered and watched as the man finished writing it down on his pad.

I then gather Rachel and mine's menu to give to the waiter and handed it to him once he was done writing and letting us know that he'll put the appetizer in first and then our meals and he'll be right back with our drinks. I gave the man a nod to let him know I understood and kept the smile on my face since I was still in a good mood.

I then looked across the table and noticed that Rachel must not have taken her eyes off me for very long. She was a lot more romantic than I had first believed but then again I guess she could've said the same about me once I figured out what the hell I was doing. As much as I liked to look at her I figure it wouldn't be a great night if all we did was stare at each other so I decided to break the nice silence with conversation.

"I had to order light, since I know you're probably planning on taking me dancing later on tonight." I joked as I looked down to the dance floor.

Report Post Tip

Isabella hadn't been by The Blackhawk in some time.  It felt like forever since she'd strode across the laminate floor, her shoes clicking in time to the percussion of the live band.  She looked around at the regulars, giving nods and smiles to those faces she knew best.  Pausing to verbally and physically greet important local leaders, the eldest daughter of the Luciano family was nothing if not the consummate hostess.  

The song playing was lauding the excitement of going fast.  The corners of Isabella's mouth turned up in a grin.  They were literally playing her song so, when a handsome young man asked her to dance, she graciously accepted.  Isabella spun out onto the dance floor with wild abandon, absently wondering what Gavin was getting up to at this exact moment.  Was he thinking about her too?

Report Post Tip

She couldn't deny how handsome this man was, and it took great effort to break her eyes away from him.  Despite the fact she'd love to enjoy an evening of dinner and dancing all night til they weere ready to drop, Rachel knew how Toni needed to get back home for business, so they would definitely enjoy the dinner this evening.  Dancing could wait for another visit because she definitely had wanted to come back to this lovely establishment.  Her eyes followed his to the dance floor, but she didn't speak up until the bread was delivered to their table.  Once Toni waved the server to come closer, he whispered something she couldn't quite hear then turned to her with a smile as the server nodded then left.

"I think your feet will be thankful to wait for our next visit dear.  I don't want you to be completely exhausted for the flight home."

Rachel took a piece of bread then slathered a small amount of butter across it before taking a bite.  Once his appetizer arrived, she had already began on slathering butter on the second piece of bread.  Apparently she was a bit more hungry than she first believed.  Thankfully it didn't take too long after they talked for a bit that their entrees and salad arrived.  She could hear his soft chuckle at how fast she delved into the waldorf salad, but she didn't care since the salad was delicious.  After glancing back up to meet his eyes, Rachel inquired at how his entree was.  He smiled at her saying it was tasty as he had expected. 

"I ought to steal one of your fries!"

She laughed softly at his mock outraged look at her comment then tucked back into her own food.  The duckling was superb and cooked to perfection.  Everything about this evening was completely magical, but the food only topped it off because the main reason her night was always magical was due to the man seated across from her.  Rachel even enjoyed handling business and working alongside Toni.  She often times wondered if he truly knew how she felt about him, but wouldn't ever broach the topic.  She was content with just being with him.

Once the dessert came however, Rachel's blue eyes sparkled with excitement that she just couldn't contain.  Apparently she was being treated with a small sample of each strawberry dessert that she had named off earlier.  Toni looked quite pleased with himself for arranging yet another treat for her this evening.  He even tried to wiggle his way into getting a bite of each dessert, but she playfully told him to eat his own dessert because she just wasn't sharing.  

By the time they were done with dessert and coffee, the magical evening was sadly coming to an end as they settled the bill then stood from their seats.  Once they exited the establishment into the evening air, Rachel paused as they got to the car to give him a kiss on his cheek then smiled as she thanked him for the amazing evening.  She didn't grumble because work called for them both, but counted her blessings for having this man in her life like she did.  She gave one last lingering look at the restaurant hoping their next visit wasn't too far off in the future.

Report Post Tip

"My god! Is it dinner time yet?" Lushie muttered to herself as she ran into an alleyway to escape, after successfully getting her dainty hands into some, unsuspecting agents pocket. She paused with her back against a wall as she tried to catch her breath and checked the time on her watch, "It is!" she exhaled with excitement, speaking a little too loud. Immediately aware of so, she carefully made her way through the back streets of Downtown to go home to The Ivory Tower's lighthouse. 

Upon arriving she went to the kitchen to see what to have. She wasn't really fancying much, nor did she really want to cook. "Well it is Friday!" she said with a smirk as she ran up the winding stairs of the lighthouse to her room. To Lushie, the fact it was Friday was a good enough excuse to hit the town for the night and that the first stop was to go somewhere for dinner. She had already got a place in mind but knew to go there she needed to change her attire to something a little smarter and maybe a bit of make-up too. She got herself refreshed by a good shower to wash out her day, as she then proceeded to get dressed in her favourite black party dress. She got her face somewhat reasonable and did her hair up nice, even though that did seem to have a mind of its own. Finally, on went her favourite heeled boots and a spray perfume as she was ready to leave.

She made herself down the stairs of the lighthouse and back out onto the streets of Downtown to head towards her boss lady, Don Isabella-Luciano restaurant, The Blackhawk. Luckily, with wearing her heeled boots she didn't have to walk far. "When will I ever learn?" she grumbled a bit as they began to pinch her toes a bit. Still, she soon grinned with the thought of how the heels could come in handy, in times of 'trouble'.

Once at the establishment she entered it and was immediately at ease as she could hear the music being played from the stage and was greeted by the host of the place, Old Joe. "Hello Joe, I rang ahead to book a table, under the name of Lushie", she said to the host who took her coat and led her towards her table. She got herself comfortable as she then picked up the menu to have a read. 

She took her time trying to decide what to have, she could see many wonderful items on offer and her belly seemed to be jumping for joy at each item that she read. Soon enough, she had made her decision and decided she would first order a starter, and order her main when that came. She called over one of the waitresses by waving to one to speak to her "Greetings, For starters, I would like Cream of Tomatoes aux Croutons please, I will order the main once that has arrived and a bottle of the house red please" Lushie said giving her order to the lady. The waitress wrote it down on her pad and went towards the kitchen to let the chefs know. As Lushie awaited her soup she turned her head to focus on the stage to watch the musicians play their instruments and to listen to the wonderful sound of music that they were making. 

Report Post Tip

Maggie was in Detroit partly for pleasure and on a little business, her business being a shopping trip, she started to feel a little hungry and noticing the time she thought it best to make her way to The Blackhawk, she did not want to be late for her dinner with her good friend Adonis. Arriving she saw that was a swanky restaurant that only the best dined at, the entrance doors were opened by a kind man who gave her the most adorable smile she had ever saw.

Inside there were people at the bar area laughing and joking and to one side was a seating area, she took a quick look around but could not find Adonis anywhere, when a waiter approached her asking her if she needed a table and for how many. "May i have a table for two please, i am waiting for someone to join me, there i was worried i would be late and it turned out to be him that was late." The waiter walked her through the resturant past a lovely quite window seat, where you could see the most amazing views of Detroit, she just had to sit there, "Excuse me, sorry is it ok if we sit here please, the views are the die for." The waiter sat her down there pulling out her chair for her and bringing over two menus. "May i have a bottle of your finest wine and two glasses please." The waiter brought over the bottle of wine to show her before pouring her a taster, Maggie swirled the wine around in the glass before taking it to her lips and taking a drink. "Perfect." She said, the waiter poured her glass full, and Maggie sat and waited for Adonis to arrive.

Report Post Tip

As he made his way through the restaurant, the memory of his last visit was at the forefront of his mind. Tara, partly the object of his thoughts. But mainly the job that had been discussed and then executed. Without this establishment, he technically wouldn't be in the position he was in. Making your bones was a scared act. And everything that tied into it became a part of that story for Adonis.

He sauntered past tables with diners, in his flashy get-up. He was coming off a period of being a little more tame. With his ambitions, but most of all his dress sense and appearance. Back to the vanity that got him started, was his decision, which came about ironically upon meeting someone more down to earth. He gave it a shot, but it just didn't stick. Like a wound having healed after a nurse removed a bullet, he was back to his old self.

Joe made sure to notice the single women in the place as he made a move throughout, following the waiter who remembered him from last time. A wave in a gesture to follow was his greeting. No small talk. No need for it. Men of Joe's stature didn't always have time for it and the door person recognized his sort immediately.

As he finally arrived at the table with the scenic view, he let the employee know he was grateful for his assistance with a tip concealed in a firm handshake. A nod of the head followed to show appreciation, before they were off again, allowing Adonis and MaggieGreene time to get comfortable before ordering.

Joe unbuttoned his well tailored bespoken beige suit jacket as he took his seat across from his business associate.

"I already told ya, Greene. Romantic settings like this ain't gonna get me into the sack." He said with a grin, moving the menu to the side as he placed a cigarette tin down on the table.

Joe felt comfortable enough to banter with Maggie in this way and not expect it to escalate any further than good-humored jabs of challenging wit. She was a lively sort. Trouble with a capital MG and he was enjoying her company more and more because of it.

Report Post Tip

Maggie saw Adonis approaching from the distance and stood up to greet him. Adonis made a joke about the romantic setting and trying to get him in the sack.

"You wish." Maggie laughed in reply, they both sat back down and Maggie poured a glass of wine for Adonis, "I hope you like red wine, I put the tab in your name." Maggie gave a cheeky wink from across the smile and grinned like a cheshire cat, she studied the menu wondering what she should have there was so much to choose from, the waiter come back to see if they were ready to order. "Ill have the shrimp cocktail to start please, and for main I think I shall try the Swiss Steak please." Maggie handed her menu back to the waiter and waited for Adonis to order then they can get to business.

Report Post Tip

Adonis glanced out the window as the wine was poured. He wasn't much fussed at the view, more so just a background to space out into as he got comfortable and flicked through thoughts of the days come and gone. He loosened his tie a little as the memory of a drunken escapade flashed through him accompanied with a grin.

Naked Adonis. Naked, drunk Adonis wasn't so bad, he thought, then was brought back to the setting with Maggie ordering her food.

"Whatever you recommend." Was Adonis' way of ordering, and at most places he visited. He still couldn't read to save his life. Maybe the new library opening up in Philly might help with that.

After undoing his top button and making sure the neck piece felt less like a dog's collar, he raised his glass towards his dinner companion, MaggieGreene.

"So, what's this all about then if it ain't to make a bad choice with the likes of me."

A sip followed. It wasn't whisky, definitely not Stobart's FInest, but it would have to do.

Report Post Tip

Maggie looked at Adonis "I thought you would like to buy me dinner." Maggie laughed as the waiter brought over there food, it looked amazing shrimp cocktail looked delicious, Maggie took a bite and it tasted as it looked amazing.

Maggie stoppd eating a second and lent down to her bag to pull out a folder. "This is the real reason we are here a buisness proposal, id like you to take a look." Maggie slid the folder across to Adonis to take a look at and went back to eating her food.

Report Post Tip

Charlie Pavanno was many things, A Killer, Bootlegger, Drug Dealer, and now, he was a date. Oh how many people would enjoy seeing these moments of him, luckily, he had eyes for one. Charlie made sure to pick out, the best restaurant in Detroit for this, well at least to him, The former Base of Day-to-Day Operations within the Ivory Tower, The Blackhawk Restaurant. The very place where he had come to enjoy a couple of drinks on occasion, well now he was here for an entirely different thing. 

Charlie wore a leather jacket was unbuttoned and showed off his grey business shirt with a red tie underneath, he wore suit pants, which were also grey, to match with the business shirt. He wore Black Oxfords, knowing that he had to appear classy, even if it made him want to jump out of his skin. He wore no spectacles, showing off his dull grey orbs, that would draw people in and make them see the loneliness or at least, the need for companionship.

Charlie found himself at the counter, asking for the reservations of one Charles Pavanno, soon he was taken to a booth. Charlie wanted to make tonight special, considering this was the, of what he hoped,  first of many dates down the line. His eyes roamed over the table, making sure that everything was here and nothing was out of place. He smiled, his nerves getting the best of him, but he mustered up the courage to take it down and make himself appear confident.

"Will, that be all sir?"

Charlie shook his head, realising that the Waiter who had guided him to the booth was still here, Charlie nodded and found that his eyes were sticking on the door, hoping that she would show. Although within himself, he knew that she would...

(R2D2)

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Blackhawk Restaurant
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL