Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 07:57:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop Started by: Lushie on Sep 06, '18 18:50

“I wouldn’t say ruined.” Abby tossed more bread to the ducks. “I’m willing to give a man a second chance to prove his grace and skills. Since you are a local, perhaps you know a place where you could do just that? I’ve always been fond of dancing. That is one way to show your grace and skill. Do you dance per chance, Rom?”

Sure it was forward to almost ask him an out a date, but if you couldn’t before it as a Gangster what was the point of being a gangster at all?

Report Post Tip

"Grace and skill? I think you may have the wrong person then, I'm a criminal of the highest order when it comes to dancing, I'm not something of a class A act. More along the lines of an F, a low D at best."

With that, a small chuckle escaped as Rom could not help but notice the way it was framed, for a moment he was sure that it was more than it seemed. So he was sure that he must have heard it wrong, tilting his head once again to the side, he turned to face her. 

"I know a place that serves great food Abby, it's called the Blackhawk Restaurant. From what I've heard and how I've dined there, it's always held up to the reviews and continues to be a cornerstone in food and ambience for Detroit, that is, if you wish to join me?"

His lips did twitch up into a smirk, one that couldn't have been any more obvious. He had to wonder if she had just decided to head into this without his knowing or if there was something he did. Rom knew the way he framed it had sounded most definitely sounded like a date, one that he did not actually mind. 

A second chance, one that he knew he would not be screwing up, though the first time, he knew that he had been lost in his own head. Now, he could use some enjoyment, one thing that he knew he needed was to not get stuck in his own head. So maybe this is what he needed, to enjoy the moment and to not be so...regretful for things that were not in his control. 

"Have I made you speechless Abby?"

Of course, he was just teasing, he knew the way he held himself around people sometimes did not help his case, yet sometimes, he was an annoyance. Only here, he was just being the teasing arse that he never found himself being sometimes. So maybe Abby-Whitehill was someone that he could be that kind of person around, he didn't exactly know yet...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After arriving in Detroit Micheal Franzese had a sudden craving for coffee and cheesecake 

Before arriving one of his associates told him about Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop

Frank take me to  Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop 

As we walks in he heads straight to the counter and takes a look at the menu 

Can I order a two slices of cheesecake and a coffee, please ?

Report Post Tip

"Yeah sure, a walk sounds good." Benny made a move to stand up and begin heading off. He grabbed his book that he never got to read and stuck it in the inside pocket of his coat, and placed his flat cap back on his head. As the pair began to walk off Benny smiled as he had a thought.

"I'm sure you should be getting back to Chicago soon, so you won't mind if we need to make a dash from the city for now. I've got a couple of sources in mind where I could lift a few hundred bucks from but when it's done, well .... it might be best if we weren't seen around here for a few days, you know?" He looked across at Kaya to try and gauge her interest. The pair walked off along the lakeside for a brief bit before heading back towards the cars, and back to work.

Report Post Tip

"Speechless?  Only because I've never been to the Blackhawk before... I mean, everyone has heard the radio show but I've never been to it... heck not sure I have a dress nice enough.  You might not want to be seen with me there."  she sighed.  Maybe she could pawn something and pick up a dress?  She'd get the cash to buy whatever it was back soon.  Surely she would.

"I'll find something though.  And don't worry about the dancing, we don't have to."  Abby dug into her purse and pulled out a bit of paper and pen.  She scribbled down her address.  "This is where I live.  What time should I expect you to come by to pick me up?  I'll want to make sure I have time to find something suitable and get my face all fixed up.  And if I can manage I might even have Miss LaRoe consult the cards for me."

Rom slowly began raising a brow to the lass, he tilted his head to the side with that mischievous glint in his eyes as he found himself admiring her. She had a rough beauty, one that most people might not notice, yet he did. One thing that he actually admired, for a moment, he would never truly forget it. 

"Me not wishing to be seen with you? I don't see why I would wish that, nor would I want to hide such a thing, if we're on a date as you say and as I have asked, I'm going to be seen with you. I do not really care for what others think of such things, this is our business, not the idle gossip that they would have in coffee shops."

He stepped forward, he looked over, she looked fine and considering his casual wear. He knew that he could dress himself well, but he would not wish to make her feel...odd. Tilting his head, he noticed the way she seemingly worked some things over in her head. 

"You know, you don't have to dress perfect, how you are now is perfect. Yet if you wish to impress, allow me to lend some help. I have enough but you look…stunning as is. Do you understand? Casual, a special event or otherwise, I can see that you are indeed something to be...cherished and I'd like to explore that..."

And he said that with a full confidence, she had assisted him and even if she did not really know the full truth of it, he felt...something and that was not something he wished to let go so fast and furious as if it burned him. For a moment, he wished to hold it for a moment.

"Heh, why fix what's not broken and already holds a fiery beauty that can't be tempered? Ten, it gives you a few hours and it gives me time to make the reservation. I want to make sure that you enjoy the time with me, to the best that I can do here..."

With that, his lips twitched up and decided that he really wanted this, however he knew that this was not all about him. Fun was needed in this life, regardless of how much he really wanted to dwell on subjects that best be left. He found himself truly ready to enjoy himself with Abigail....

Abby blushed, "I probably have something I can wear I suppose..."  She looked down at her feet.  "Ten then.  I look forward to seeing you Rom."  Gripping her purse in front of her body she gave him a sheepish nod and smile then departed, unsure what tonight had in store for them but excitedly looking forward to it.

Juanita moonstomps into the park and lays down her diamante encrusted picnic blanket

Hey, homes, bring me coffee and cake, and fucking tequila chollo.

Juanita does clicky fingers in a 'z' formation

Report Post Tip

Sera knew she should be at home on nights like this, but she felt very adventurous and found herself out in the wintery weather exploring Detroit's streets at night; Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop caught her attention.&nbsp;

According to the sign, the establishment was open to Sera's surprise. Most places she ventures to were closed for the night.

The place was well lit and maintained well, that finding a parking spot was a breeze. 

She decides to check out the coffee shop first.

Speaking of coffee shops and businesses, Musa informs her that she has a few deeds in her name for a few different companies.

Hearing the news, Sera shrugs it off because she doesn't remember.

Getting out of her truck, she heads in, curious to know what was on the menu and so on.

Report Post Tip

Nights like this, I wish raindrops would fall.

I wonder what picture I would paint this time.

I was the perfect spokesperson for "I don't remember."

I could feel it deep down in my soul, and yet I was experiencing déjà vu.

I truly felt like I been here before, but how?

The truth was, I love being different. To stick out naturally, it was a beautiful thing.

As I sipped on a cup of hot chocolate in a cozy little booth nestled in the corner of the vacant coffee shop, Minnie, the Moocher by Cab Calloway, starts to play on the jukebox. I couldn't help but hum along; the song was so damn catchy.

The kind older man that was on duty tonight brings me a fresh cup of cocoa.  Sadly, I forgot his name at the moment. My mind was still heavily focused on the vision I had earlier.

I couldn't get the notion out of my head that soon I would learn more about my background and more.

Report Post Tip

WhyBother walked down the stairs that ended just before the  Lakeside Park started its gourdius looking parkway, he didnt bother much about most thing in life anymore, but when he entered the park small things gets going in his body, small happyness bubbles up when he walked and listen to the birds and smelled all the good thing from flowers ans looking when the trees moved along the wind, he really didnt feel sad when seeing this, this was life, walking in here and just taking in all amazing things in the park.

He eneded his walking by sitting and having a coffee out in the terass, it felt so damn good this day even when so much bad shit happened in his life latey. This hours here in the park was like medecin for him.

Report Post Tip

Issei and Vali walked the lakeside with great peace about them, yet there it was again, that feeling of a great storm just brewing before them. It wasn't like they wished to hold it back, they thirst for that excitement. With recent business, they had yet to reach it, especially with the new things with Las Vegas, his plans for a club or at the very least, a charity project. 

Shaking his head, Issei was already ordering himself a coffee with some Oreos, making sure to glance back at Vali shook his head, already feeling full from the Chopper Club, he definitely was a bit different than the dragon.

"Are you okay brother?"

Issei rested up next to Vali, they were both feeling a bit off. It was time like this they needed, they wanted that calm but too much, even in this life was something that did not bode well for someone. Too much and it made you easy to see through, it made your truth, that desire to live for a long while and seeing your family growl. 

Only with these two, The Dragons, it was not something that gave them some truth, it left them both to simply ride the wave and it wasn't something they did with great ease. 

"No, I'm not, this is not the way we should be. Walking these streets like we don't have a single problem in the world, all we've done to this point brother, it will catch up with us, non?"

There he was, it made him seem like he hadn't tried his best within what he wanted back in the day. Things like this, that mattered to them and currently, it seemed like it was changing, the way he handled all of this. 

Since the loss of his eye, it seemed like things went way off for him and he wasn't the same after it, his life had changed and for right now, he would have to make sure that things went back but how? He really didn't know and it seemed like that fire, what he really needed would die before long. 

"No it won't, I'll make sure of that, nothing is going to stop us from what we wish to do Vali. Now, you want an Oreo?"

Issei offered one of the many white chocolates covered Oreos as his eyes narrowed with lust for the great cookies before Vali grunted a no, laving Issei to his thoughts of what was next for the both of them. 

Report Post Tip

Dino frowns at the state of _Issei_ laundry and gives him a playful shake of the head

'how many times have I got to tell you brah?  you have to handwash the orange jacket otherwise it'll turn all your whites into a sort of flaccid tangerine'

Report Post Tip

It was five in the morning as Sera stepped into the mysterious streets of The D. The heat and humidity of spring hit her like a ton of bricks. A super-hot summer was coming. Looking around the tranquil neighborhood, Sera was surprised at how things look so peaceful, and yet danger still was lurking amidst it. She could hear crickets and a couple of owls in the background as an occasional car cruise down the street.

Sera hummed to herself as she walked in the park's direction that was a couple of blocks away., In the distance, she could hear screeching police sirens heading to a call.

Sera surveyed her surroundings; The neighborhood was family-oriented. She could hear a few dogs and cats doing what came naturally. She couldn't help but giggle.

A few minutes passed, and she was at her destination, ready to go hiking and whatever else popped in her head.

So many choices on hiking paths, which one would she?

Sera scratches her head as she takes a seat on one of the empty park benches.

She should spend more time in her new office, but that was not her cup of tea; her assistant Sydni would tell her what was what. Sydni was such a blessing, and Sera didn't have to say much; Sydni was on it.

Some would say she was backward but working hard and constantly being on her hustle has paid off. Sera continued to prosper with a new rank and position, yet she still chose the low-key path, less stress, and worked for her.

Sera rubs her head; she could feel her memories were coming back to her, more and more, or was they?

Report Post Tip

Jacqueline sauntered through the streets after having an eventful night with EthanElijah 's  Joseph, requiring some fuel before her travel back to Philly where her boss had called an early meeting much to her dismay, a Cheshire grin clear on her face as she pushed through the doors of the Empyrean.

She already had the bed part sorted she thought to herself, a smirk of amusement danced in her eyes as she reminisced the night before. Upon Approaching the gent at the reception area.

"Hey there handsome, Imma after a quick breakfast, I know there's a cafe round here somewhere but I really need to jet of like yesterday, boss is in a Tizz ya see" she spoke like honey, thick and smooth

Unsure if he understood what she meant, the smell of bacon captured her nose, the man gestured her in the direction of the dining area.

Taking a seat by the window as she read through the menu, bobbling her head undecided, crinkling her nose as she tapped on it. A waitress approached her unamused seemingly disgruntled. 

"Whatcha having?"  curt and cool

"Fried bacon, egg and a sausage if ya dont mind,  with a side of orange juice please"  her brow cocked  as she glanced at the woman

Turning on her heel without a word, a few moments pass the aroma to die for unlike the presence of the waitress 

"Thank you, looks delicious...By the way, I just wanted to say I know how hard this gig is, but if yer unhappy, leave... not meaning to stand on yer toes hun but I remember that look so well "  Jacqueline smiled warmly assessing the womans demeanor, softening ever so slightly as she nodded politely. 

Report Post Tip

Rembrant walks into Lakeside Coffee Shop noticing Velvet's girl Jacqueline as she heads over to an empty booth in the corner, a perfect spot to oversee the place as she nurses her hangover tea.  She left Gloria and Ruby in the room, they are passed out cold and won't be waking for several more hours. 

Rembrant places her tea order and looks over the patrons, pausing on Jaqueline.  Must be working for the boss on something, why would she be in Detroit?  Rembrant shrugs, she knows what she needs to and doesn't ask questions of the hows and whys of what her boss does. 

Having a Godmother over a Godfather is refreshing, she doesn't have to coddle Velvet's ego every other second the way she might with a man.    Her tea arrives quickly good tip for this fella  she notes to herself. "Thank you"  she nods to the young man and he returns to the other customers. She lights a cigarette planning her day in her mind as she looks out the window.

Report Post Tip

Fernando was strolling around the Lakeside Park, when he walked down to the lake, he sat there watching some geese and ducks swim around, it was cozy and relaxing. He was happy the geese didn't attack him as he had heard of people being attacked by them in the past. After twenty minutes or so he decided to check out the coffee shop that was located close to the lake. He walked up and didn't really look at the menu as he just wanted a cup of coffee before he returned to watching the geese and ducks swim around.

"I'd like a cup of coffee please, a strong one please."

He smiled and paid for his cup of coffee. He sat there enjoying it until it was empty before walking down to the lake. He didn't see a single person swiming in the lake so he assumed it wasn't a good idea, but that had never stopped him in the past, maybe if he got warm enough. But right now he was happy just watching the geese and ducks swim as it kinda relaxed him.

Report Post Tip

the squirrel god was already jacked up on the mother of all sugar rushes and decided the best thing he could have was more stimulants

'I'M TRIPPING MY SQUIRREL BALLS, GIMME COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

onlookers didn't know how to react to the squirrel running around on the ceiling

Report Post Tip

Franklin enters the Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop to grab a quick bite and a cup of java.  He orders a half dozen donuts and a large mug of coffee from the girl behind the counter.  He sits at a booth and waits for his order to arrive at his table.  He is staying in the windy city for the afternoon visiting an old friend of his, Carmine Scaletti of the Scaletti Bros Trucking service.  They have not seen each other in some time and Lakeside has always been a favorite spot to rendezvous.

Franklins bag of donuts arrive with a fresh mug of coffee, the waitress leaves the pot.  He reaches in the bag taking a large bite of honey glazed, savoring the sweetness.  He washes it back with the steaming hot coffee and looks out the window for Carmine to arrive.

Report Post Tip
Orders my usual mocha caramel frappe grande and toasted onion bagel with a side of cream cheese, pays for it and puts a Benjamin in the tips jar and takes my drink and bagel and slides into a booth with a view of the entire coffee shop and thinks about the day ahead of me….
Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL