Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:06:15
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop Started by: Lushie on Sep 06, '18 18:50

Billy had found the note under his door when he got up that morning and it directed him to the Lakeside. He hadn't been yet, though he had heard good things on the lips of those around, and it seemed Connie was interested in taking in the sights, or at least, not cooking at home. So he showered and got dressed and headed on down.

It was a brisk morning, though most mornings were, he thought as he spotted Connie. It appeared she already had her coffee and was waiting on him. That was rude of him. So he quickly got himself a cup, paid the clerk a nice tip and stood by Connie.

"Apologies for being late, I didn't realize you were an early riser." He smiled a bit and sipped his coffee in silence for a moment before continuing.

"It's a nice day today, be a shame to waste it all inside, what do you say we start you off outside. The park is the perfect place to teach a few things. If you fall, the grass helps to cushion you, and there's always so many people that folks can rough about and go without having much attention paid to them."

He looked to Connie then.

"Unless you still wanted to do some shopping or something first? I know you're here for business, but I also know you packed light, and it gets cold at night. I'm in no rush to see you off."

Report Post Tip

A polite smile greeted Billy as he sat. At least she hoped it appeared polite, it was certainly genuine. 

"Regrettably sir, I get restless. Routine and punctuality is thoroughly embedded in my waking day, at least historically. Apologies if I overstepped myself by departing so early."

Conflicting thoughts fired as a suggestion of the business she was in attendance for was raised. It was a little cold, though, which seemed like as good an excuse as any.

"I do not believe I am quite comfortable with the temperature yet, Billy." She voiced with a small chuckle.

Connie looked out across the lakeside view, the frosted grass reaching for sunlight and chilled air rising from the water. A minor shudder triggered a consideration for her attire. The jacket she brought in tow was excellent at shielding from the rain, though not so much the frigid winds of Detroit.

"Where would you suppose we would purchase a more appropriate garment to replace this?"

She motioned toward the jacket, hands precariously placed around her coffee, and watched for a response.

Report Post Tip

Billy smiled.

"One of my associates runs Less Laundry people leave all sorts of things behind, we could always stop by and take a look to see if there's anything that strikes your fancy there before going out to purchase something."

He finished his coffee.

"Of course, we could always just go to the gym instead and keep you indoors until you acclimate."

He paused a moment in thought.

"You know, I don't really know how long you plan on staying here. Did you have a time-frame in mind? I wasn't really thinking about that until just now. I'm sure Bella, oh uh, Mrs Byrne, wants to get you back as soon as possible. Do we need to touch base with her? Did you call her from the phone in the apartment last night?"

He realized he was going on now.

"Sorry, I'm rambling a bit, but I didn't think about any of this till now. I was only thinking about making you comfy and happy. Boy, I really messed up huh?"

He scratched his head. Nothing to be done about it now. He would let Connie decide what she wanted to do next, but he would have to call Bella and apologize later on.

Report Post Tip

Clown walks in this amazing place  Lakeview Gardens & Cafe and while he's there he orders a coffee and a piece of bannana cream pie.standing in the checkout line the place was very busy at that time of the day.Clown was next up and pays for his order and strolls over to the park to sit and enjoy it..

Report Post Tip

Eyes widened. To think she failed to advise Mrs. Byrne she had arrived. A gradual motion brought her coffee to her lips. A pondering stare fixated on the lake peered over the rim. The empty vessel returned to the table.

"I should certainly correspond with Mrs. Byrne, I sought to issue a telegram when first arriving, however it seems to item has slipped my mind." She snapped from her gaze and looked to Billy. "If there is any urgent need to return I expect to be in receipt of a message which summoned me home. If there is a telephone connection established with Philadelphia, expectation will presumably be that I utilize it."

She allowed the notion to sit, finding its place among her internal agenda and ensuring it could be easily recalled at a later time. The girl now stood, shuffling her hands into her jacket. Her expression soon looked to Billy, eager and willing to follow his lead.

"Please do not be too anxious, I need to adhere to my responsibilities as you do yours. I have arrangements to return on Saturday eve, allowing me to prepare for the week."

Looking back through the park, she chewed thoughtfully on the inside of her cheek for a brief moment.

"Though it is not my intention to characterize myself as an aesthete when considering the clothing I wear, I just..." A shiver induced by recent memory gripped her for a second. It was a notably different sensation to that of the shuddering brought on by the cold. "...I am not too fond of launderettes."

Report Post Tip

Having ventured around the city for what felt like ages, but it was probably a hour at most. Roger needed to stop and find something to get his energy back as for some reason he was exhausted.

He noticed a cafe in the distance and decided to enter, he quickly found himself a place to sit down and got ready to order.

"I'd like two donuts and a soda please, oh and some ice for the soda."

He looked around to get a feel for the enviroment as he waited for his order to arrive.

Report Post Tip

Tutte hurries over to Lakeside Coffee Shop to get three cup of coffee to carry home.

"Can I have 3 coffee please, I want them to take home so make sure to put on lock on them so they stay warm for 5 minutes since I have a bit to go"

Report Post Tip

It was not easy to find a good park with everything she was seeking but luckily for her one of the customers at the coffee shop told her about Lakeside Park and Coffee Shop. Exquisite found the park with ease looking around she was happy she took the customer suggestion. The park was fairly huge yet clearly well-taking care of.  Instead of hitting up the coffee shop, Exquisite decides to explore the park instead, she needed to destress and nature did wonders for her.

She knew she was here in town longer than she intended but it was her nature to let it flow, she always be a free spirit.  Truth be told being tied down was not for her, she tried it and it was too boring for her liking. For a moment she felt bad, even though the kiddies were in good hands and she enjoys spending time with them but in a sense, she wonders were she neglecting them with her lack of presence. Joyri and her were different, family meant everything to Joyri as for Ex she was content to just let it flow, it felt good too and was therapeutic.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Exquisite was smiling with delight as she was making her way back to the quiet yet secluded little campground she had found earlier during her small little tour of the park.  It was starting to rain; the cool little droplets were feeling good on her skin.  

Finally making it to the campground again, instead of going into the small tent she had set up Exquisite decides to lay on the small pallet she had set up. She strips off her shoes, socks, and jeans before getting comfortable stretch out on the pallet in cut-offs and oversize tee only. The rain started to fall harder, her hair was drenched while her clothes were getting soaked, the cleansing felt good. To some, she would be considered foolish and setting her self up for a cold. 

She started to hum; this was her kind of living. She saw a place to set up an RV not far away from these grounds in the morning she would see about setting up one there.  Then maybe she gets some fishing in as well, its been ages and to cook some over a campfire would be quite a treat.

Report Post Tip

The sounds of the crackling of a campfire and a small still voice cause Exquisite to stir from her slumber. Still half asleep her eyes flutter open.  She curled up on her right side, it takes a couple of minutes for her to wake up more.

Sitting up she realizes the rain is gone for now and the skies are clear now with the stars and a full moon just passing a day or two ago it was a beautiful sight to see. She gets up and goes and sit closer to the campfire to finish drying her wet clothes which surprising almost dry.

Staring at the fire flames the still small voice speaks again, she listens before speaking softly out loud.

“I doing the best I can, I do what is asked of me and in the same process trying to take care of myself as well. Does it get frustrating at times, yes it does but I understand why I must deal with the various aspects that I do but it still hard never the less and overwhelm at times” pauses to gather her thoughts. “I get judged no matter what and so not really trying to justify my quietness but my words are few at the moment, I figure be wise to allow my actions and character to say the things I am not ready to say.”

She feels a summer breeze blows, gently caressing her head in response to what she was saying. The sweet gesture makes Ex smiles and softly glow and continues to listen and caress her heart.

Report Post Tip

Lakeside's RV Campground

After a peaceful night rest, Exquisite goes for morning swims in one of the park's creeks. Feeling refresh she throws on her spare set of clothes she carried for emergencies. Deck out in a floral sundress and matching sandals, she goes to the coffee shop for a cup of coffee to tie her over.   After paying for her cup she heads over to the Heritage dealer. Heritage was on the rise with their airstream motorhome. Exquisite was so impressed with the product and the company she considers becoming a dealer for them.

There was so many different custom builds to choose from Exquisite felt like a kid in the candy factory. The salesman was very informative as told him her heart desires on ideal setup. He listens attentively and recommends she try out Airstream Globetrotter. She takes a tour and realizes it was perfect with the SUV she bought off one of her employees at Hospitality Inn when she stops by a couple of hours ago.  The employee was looking to downsize on vehicles so work out for everybody involved.

Exquisite decides to go for it and purchases it, the salesman gives her a 10 percent discount off of a final sale. That left her enough to go buy fishing equipment and other basic items she needed.  A few hours later she was enjoying some fishing on one of Lakeside's many banks before she hit the road destination unknown

Report Post Tip

Tony decided to get some coffee. He remembered a place where they made very good coffee, so he went there. He entered the place, looked at the menu and decided to have a coffee with milk and sugar. He sat down behind the table and when he got his coffee he lighted up a cigar and took a sip of his drink. When finished he paid for it and leaved.

Report Post Tip

LoBo struts in early at the Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop,he walks up to the worker and asks please a large coffee to go plz. and she gets it ready for him he thanks her and pays her, and walks out on this sunny day.

Report Post Tip

He took first a walk in the lovely Lakeside Park and had a good time watching the ducks in the pond, also interesting to watch people hiring rowing boats and laugh at some that couldnt use the right way to handle the boat and also he saw some who were fishing, while he looked he couldnt seee any that got anything, perhaps it was to sunny out at the moment for getting fish, after some time walking he came to the popular Lakeside Coffee, therec were already pretty many that sat and enjoys a coffee or any other good drinks, he was out for some coffee and bought a cup and then found an empty spot so he sat down and enjoyed his coffee and stay here in this wonderful park.

Report Post Tip

Tony was back in Detroit and he needed some coffee asap. He walks in and looks around. Finds himself a table and takes a seat. Orders a extra large cup of coffee with milk. He sees Mr. Lillis and nods to him. Tony feels good, because he really needed this coffee. After first cup he orders another one and lights up a cigar. He finally felt pretty good and decided to pay for his drinks. Then he calls a taxi and goes to HQ.

Report Post Tip
Sadness had a really bad hangover from the night before she had been to Russo's bar and met AlessandraKorkunova and as things went on, the evening quickly turned into daylight

"Could I possibly have a coffee please, black with lots of sugar"

The hostest quickly noticed that Sadness had a hangover so quickly brought over the coffee

"Thank you so much"
Report Post Tip

He had been walking around in this awesome park now for a while looking at so many great things in here so now he felt he needed to sit down a bit and why not having a coffee while doing that? He gets in and buys a coffee and a fresh cream cake, he thought he could be nice to him now when he had exercise a bit in the Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop

Report Post Tip

After spending some time at Christ Church, Zavi goes to Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop. She had some great memories at the spot. Making her way inside the coffee was almost empty except for a few customers.

Zavi makes her way up to the counter and orders a cup of coffee, two cinnamon doughnuts and spring water with a slice of lemon. Paying for her order, she adds a nice tip-in for the cashier who took her order. 

A few minutes later she has her order and sits at one of the tables by the window.  As she putting sugar and cream in her coffee, she notices a shadow over by her table, not even looking up she sighs and mumbles out loud

“Are you stalking me, L? What do you want from me now?”

Zavi hears L infamous chuckle as he takes a seat.

“Not me beautiful, we just are popping up the same spots that all.”

Zavi shakes her head as she takes a sip of coffee

“That is bullshit for some reason you following me like a hawk lately, so what gives?”

“I am just concern for your wellbeing,”

Zavi looks up, disbelief in her eyes

“I mean what if the one you seeking was in the picture but in the shadow, I would hate for you to pick the wrong one again. You have a bad track record lately. “

“You just trying to break me, why I have not figured that out. “

“Like I said just concern, I do care you know”

Silently L was hoping he was breaking her down.

Report Post Tip

LoBo doing business in DT atm. goes over to get him a coffee at the  Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop. he walks up to the gent and asks him for a lg. coffee please,And the man pours it LoBo pays him and walks over to a park bench to sit and drink his coffee,while visiting their he also tosses bread for the birds to gather as he smiles drinkig his coffee.

Report Post Tip

LillisMolly were walking aoround the wonderful park in this perfectly weather we had today and he felt good while going through and looked at many people just relaxing and having fun everywhere in Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop and after he had walking a bit he felt for a good cup of coffee and headed to the coffee place to get a cup. He took a seat in the coffee house and right away he got served and asked for a cup of coffee and a piece of a fresh cream cake, he got it quick and sat and enjoyd it fror a while and felt so good taking this break in here.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL