Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 04:56:42
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Seattle Started by: Jemaine_Clement on Jan 19, '19 10:05

A very bleary eyed Mr Clement work up this morning in his New York penthouse. His head was absolutely pounding and spewing was a serious concern. As he staggered from room to room looking for something he didnt quite no what, just something to make it better, his mind cast back to conversations he had had the night before before the debauchery, the jazz, the swing and the dancing. 

Shit! He thought to himself as his eyes widened as far as his dry, hungover, skin would allow. At that point he saw what he was looking for, the paracetamol on the side board and a wave of relief came over him. He got his shit together, showered and called his most trusted associate and friend to get the details on the night before. 

After a phone call and another coffee, Jemaine headed firstly to visit the fallen and pay his respects, then swiftly to the streets to announce his two cents on what had unfolded. 

Ladies and gentlemen. Yesterday a decision was made that was potentially a long time coming. I dont think anyone could genuinely say they were surprised when they saw the shots ring out.

Coltrane and his Seattle organisation were an absolute pleasure to work with. The man has been running his city for as long as I have been here in New York and our dealings have been pleasant at all times. People dont end up staying at the top of their game for that long by pure chance. Coltrane, while he had his critics, made some very tough calls in his tenure which meant that his run is one that not everyone can say they have achieved. In this world of ours, what is success? Is it glory or fame and ending up young and dead? Or is it just keeping going and longevity? Perhaps a discussion for another time but at least in some respects, Coltrane was a very successful leader. 

Lets not forget a close ally too. Lord knows the assists that have come from Seattle over the last months. We're talking Mahrez back in '16 levels. Jemaine shudders as if someone had just walked over his grave, he had no idea what he just said. Anyway....

Sadly, while Coltrane and Seattle were bustling on over the last 6 months, there have been a stream of misdemeanors which have slowly been catching my eye. There have been several rogues now from the city. Several leaders have either retired or stepped down ( I cant really complain with that one though, ive had my share of that here too), over Christmas we saw 'Log gate' where rumours of a potential rogue attack on the late Spaceman were circulating from Seattle. I was very concerned about this especially as it was unclear how high the knowledge of this attack went and Spaceman was a very dear friend of mine. 

Spaceman always had a lot of time for Coltrane. I think several little issues went by without eyebrows being raised too high because of this. We've seen mismanagement and we've seen idleness. We've seen confusing decisions and we've seen indecision. Now, I have lost a crew leader and a dear friend and a line had to be drawn in the sand. 

A unanimous decision was made and while I was in town last night sipping some incredible cognac (I mean seriously, it was amazing but its literally all I can taste right now), an attachment from across the country was sent into Seattle to clear house. 

I dont expect everyone to be happy about this but as I have said, I dont think anyone can be shocked at this turn of events. In the coming hours and days, New York will expand into Seattle to begin rebuilding. Stay tuned. 

Mr Clement rubbed his temples hard with the tips of his fingers and shut his eyes. That had taken everything he had. He stepped back off his platform with the help of one of his bodyguards and headed back to his NY penthouse for a smoothie and some smashed avo. 

Report Post Tips: 15 / Total: $300,000 Tip

When are you going to take care of Philly? You know the place obsidian hailed from?

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Not gunna happen matey, sorry.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

If Philidelphia wish to remove themselves for the damage Obsidian did to them then it is entirely their call. The damage he did to them is an absolutle tragedy and one that we did everything we could to assist in stopping the bloodshed. We took no losses through his hand and as such it was an internal matter and one massively out of the norm for the city itself.

Las Vegas, and New York by extension, lost a valued friend yesterday to a rogues actions. A rogue that hailed from Seattle. This coupled with the various issues already outlined were more than justification for this course of action in our eyes.

It is unfortunate and not something we enjoy doing, regardless of what you think, but we now look forward to a period of rebuilding between all the cities.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I know its not going to happen. You don't have the guns to do so, or the balls. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Thanks for a explanation, think its a bit lame but never than less good it came out some words about thi in the end.

Thankful

LillisMolly

Report Post Tip
The less said about my testicles the better
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

It should be duly noted that Obsidian lived within the confines of; former Chicago, then New York, then Vegas before finally styling into Philly. Would you suggest that Jemaine_clement also wipe all of these cities, or do you just have a hard-on for Philly for some reason? It'd be understandable, Lord knows I do...

Report Post Tip

Ahem, before settling into Philly, not styling. 

Report Post Tip

I am unfortunately going to have to bite here LillisMolly.

There is a worrying pattern developing where you are making a number of digs, especially towards New York, in aspects of this thing of ours.

Last night, when WilliamWalker was partaking in some conversation within the lounge in reference to his potential death,  there were comments made that people were rooting for him. You instigated that you were also firmly in that camp. Obviously to be rooting for him you'd be hoping he was going to shoot some of my fellow New Yorkers straight in the face? Have I got that right or have I misunderstood it?

Now we have you coming out to a pretty well written speech explaining that we do not take kindly having our associates shot dead, while holding large amounts of our money, as "Lame". When this was one of a number of rogues to surface from their ranks alongside information of high level takedown rumours heading in our direction it unfortunately becomes a straight forward business decision to remove the threat to our lives.

Now do not get me wrong. Rooting for someone personally is not a crime but imagine sitting our side of the fence. Would you be happy to see a high ranked member 'rooting' for your death publically?

Would you be happy if your Godfather had taken the time to explain to the masses exactly why we had done something only for it to be described as 'lame'?

I mean. We are accused as being toxic, tyranical and whatever else is thrown our way but I'd say this is a pretty solid takedown in anyones book. Fuck me. WilliamWalker was taking pros before we hit because he saw it coming. If thats not a big clue I do not know what is?

So, Lillis, is this all a misunderstanding or do you have an issue with the leadership of New York? I am more than happy to see it all as crossed wires and we get on with rebuilding this thing of ours with no bad blood. There has been enough spilt after all..

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

for ling time while seattle was there it was very rare times that rogue came from there, so calling that many rogues came from there was un-believable, it looks nothing more than show excuse.

trying to be defend your friend is really good, but still a rumors that you are talking about where were they ?, or another show talk as taking advantage of a friend death by rogues we all know where did they came from, so still I can't tell how to link between both things, while both sapceman and seattle were good allies and friends.

wars are normal but at least showing respect by coming with good reasons that show respect for the readers minds, or just don't come with these types of excuses since you don't need an excuse to start a war.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Brook you aren't privy to logs, logs that we sat on for many, many moths. Giving Coltrane and the city the benefit of the doubt untill we could confirm that they where legit, and they where. We conformrd that and yet we still didnt hit the go button. 

Then the rogue, imo was a good enough reason. I'll add some more sustance to the story. During those two rogues I was watching the hit list and I can tell you that half of Seattle was still shooting those pesky durds instead of chasing the rogue, considering that the rogue came from that city and caused the death of a crew leader, I would have have thought that they would have been the from runners on making sure they mopped up thier mess. I find that disrespectful, at the very least. 

It's nothing to do with sticking up for friends; it's about bringing back old school way of thinking and old school logic. You only have to look at the lack or response from that city to understand that they knew it was coming.  Even looking at the responses from the kins of those sleugued you can get a great taste of how that city was run. 

Inevitable happens, if you don't like that, there is an old school saying..rank up and do something about it. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $350,000 Tip

Agree mostly like everyone knows it is coming, I was talking about the reasons that was told.

they way you put it now, looks much understandable and realistic to minds.

thank you Space-pole.

New York were bone idle and couldn't be bothered with participation in the e-peen event so sat around and watched everyone else do the hardwork which was rewarded with an extra district. Then bitter NY kept on authing crew leaders who complain about everything and want godfather councils so they have a finger in the pie of each city decides to look for a pitiful excuse to remove a city because of rogues, which as everyone knows, will hide anywhere and come out of any city as we also saw with PH.

So what you are really saying is, you're bursting at the seams and for growth of your regime you want to spill your poison over to Seattle. 

Fair play. I accept that. Honesty is the best policy.

As for lack of response from the kins of Seattle, didn't it cross your mind that these people are genuinely a new breed who realise bitching about what happened solves nothing and doesnt bring back anything? I'm sorry that disappoints you and doesnt feed you. Not everyone are sour or bitter. Some people just accept and move on. Try it one day!

New York were bone idle and couldn't be bothered with participation in the e-peen event so sat around and watched everyone else do the hardwork which was rewarded with an extra district

Incorrect my friend. I'm sure you'll find that we helped Vegas win thier comp. I'm sure any Vegas resident and NY folk will confirm. 

Then bitter NY kept on authing crew leaders who complain about everything and want godfather councils so they have a finger in the pie of each city 

We now have vested interest in NY/lv/and Seattle. Isn't this the mafia? Isn't this why we are here? We are also very closely allied With PH. and all that happened through hard work. Nothing lazy about  having those stats.

As for lack of response from the kins of Seattle, didn't it cross your mind that these people are genuinely a new breed who realise bitching about what happened solves nothing and doesnt bring back anything? I'm sorry that disappoints you and doesnt feed you. Not everyone are sour or bitter. Some people just accept and move on. Try it one day!

Hmmmm, doesn't your response kind of go against that logic? You sound pretty salty to me.  

Report Post Tip
Couldn't do it on your own, had to help another city and again have fingers in their pie. I agree.

Any sort of response from a kin of seattle would appear salty to you but really, it was a case of letting you know why no one is replying to your nonsense and not taking your bait. Now that you know, I also go back in the shadows and join them again. Goodbye.
Report Post Tip

Couldn't do it on your own, had to help another city and again have fingers in their pie. I agree.

We couldn't do what on our own? In case you didn't read my reply, or actually know from what part of the world I reside from but I'm from NY...NY helped LV... Not sure at what point you got that mixed up. But I'm glad I cleared that up. 

As for any reply, the original speach was very, very complimentary of seattle and Coltrane. Enjoy the shadows, I'm sure if you take a left at the darkest side of the shadows there is a cracking little tavern that servs a mean pint.  

Report Post Tip

Clown has been playing MR over 10 years,and wonders to himself,why all the wars, cant these afflictions be discussed among the members to whom it pertains, to were all here to have fun and play,Clown nods his head with tears in his eyes..  we could have a better life at peace'

Report Post Tip

Ronin stood there, open mouthed and in awe. 

"How can anyone be so fucking stupid?" He asked the person standing next to him. Just then the idiot pointed a gun at his own head and pulled the trigger. "Well, that explains it. Clearly he had some mental issues. Completely off base in everything he said, obviously just trying to look like he had any knowledge of what went on in the first place."

New York were bone idle and couldn't be bothered with participation in the e-peen event so sat around and watched everyone else do the hardwork which was rewarded with an extra district. Then bitter NY kept on authing crew leaders who complain about everything and want godfather councils so they have a finger in the pie of each city decides to look for a pitiful excuse to remove a city because of rogues, which as everyone knows, will hide anywhere and come out of any city as we also saw with PH.

So what you are really saying is, you're bursting at the seams and for growth of your regime you want to spill your poison over to Seattle. 

Fair play. I accept that. Honesty is the best policy.

Calling New York bone idle is just ignorant. Clearly your kin wasn't paying attention, because at that time New York had 4 crew leaders pulling extremely high or better activity and several hands as well. We just spent our time assisting our brothers and sisters in Las Vegas, in the hopes that a greater prize could be gained that way. Obviously the gods rewarded it in other ways, as is their right. We did not complain, we went on and removed the next set of NPCs as well.

Since I am the crewleader you were referring to with the "complaining" comment I feel like I should address it. Not once have I complained. Complaining is when you whine about people "spreading poison" or not getting enough secret codes in a coffee shop. I stated an issue, which is an obvious issue really, and I asked for opinions. I received many, and learned much about the problem and how best to tackle it.

As for the godfather council bit, you've completely twisted it to fit your false narrative. I have zero desire to stick my fingers in any pies. That is disgusting, who wants to eat a pie someone has stuck their fingers into? Do you have any idea where my fingers have been? Ask Firebreak.

The godfather council question was an extension of the standards discussion. A possible solution. People in the godfather council don't have rule over the other cities, they have rule over the country as a whole, together, in unison. Doing so creates harmony and progress, and increases standards nationwide. At least, that is the goal.

That...is literally...what you did.......

I've got something for you to try as well. Well, for your kin to try. Shut up. Watch, listen, learn. Think before you speak. If you don't know anything about the topic at hand, don't speak. Making up false pretenses to fit into an agenda is despicable. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Ralph's chuckles at the commentary of the smaller minded who cannot resist a complaint about anything they don't like were low, almost predatory.

"Ahh well, at least they provide amusement. But no matter."

"As always, I'm glad to hear the reasoning behind a day of bloodshed. Each city does what they feel necessary to protect themselves and their way of life, which I always respect. Rogue threaten the business for everyone, and at some point, the questions must be asked. Godfather Clement, You and yours did what you had to do, and you did it with no small skill. My respects to all the dead, and may this war bring about some lasting peace."

Ralph Tips his hat and dissapears back into the shadows

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Seattle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL