Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 16:26:51
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
UPDATED: Privacy Policy For All Players Started by: Squishy on Feb 08, '19 17:17

We are appending a few rules to our previous policy, this applies to all users, upper structure all the way down to the lowliest of civs.

We will not tolerate, under punishment of death and/or banning of the offending member and/or upper structure any of the following:

Demands to provide any in real life private information for identity verification purposes is off limits. (Name, email, phone number, facebook and so on).

Demands to provide 3rd party messenger names, other website logins, or alternative online nicks, handles or identities for verification.

Demands of any member to use any 3rd party website, tool or app for any purpose.

Using any technique, tool or service to provide geolocation, fingerprinting, or any identifiers for verification.

Violation of the above policy will result in termination of the offending member, and/or upper structure of the family depending on the position of the offender.

Our old policy: To stop a very worrying trend, we are creating a new policy to stop the demands on users to provide personal private details in order to play the game.

Demands to provide any private information for identity verification purposes is off limits.

Demands to provide screenshots or copy/pastes of any information that is not publicly viewable.

Demands to provide 3rd party messenger names for verification (aim/icq/msn and so on)

Demands to provide IRC verification of IRC connection info (hostmask/ip/gecos/ident and so on.)

Violation of the above policy will result in termination of the offending member, and/or upper structure of the family depending on the position of the offender.

There is a lot of grey area here, I know this... so I hope that cooler heads prevail and this policy never has to be enforced. It is not to be used as a weapon against crew leaders, it is simply a way to retain your personal privacy without intimidation or extreme consequences by saying no.

Report Post Tips: 15 / Total: $300,000 Tip

That great, good update to the policy.

Report Post Tip

Whilst I agree with this I want to play devil's advocate.

Elsewhere you have previously said with regards to due diligence with trading credits or sending people money. Say someone joined up and said they were an old friend and wanted some start up cash, in this type of scenario could we ask for these things to prove they are who they say they are?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Just so I'm clear.

"Hey, we have a WhatsApp group if you'd like to get join." --> Okay.

"Hey, you have to join the WhatsApp or you'll be killed off." --> Not okay.

Am I correct in understanding what you mean by "demands" for information?

I too would like some clarification on that; if people are willingly going to a 3rd party site (be it Google Docs, an IA list, a SR Form) - it doesn't qualify as them being demanded to do so, correct? 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Just so I'm clear.

"Hey, we have a WhatsApp group if you'd like to get join." --> Okay.

"Hey, you have to join the WhatsApp or you'll be killed off." --> Not okay.

"Hey, you have to join the WhatsApp or you'll be held back." --> Not okay.

Am I correct in understanding what you mean by "demands" for information?

I think its pretty easy to see when something is malicious, and when its not.  When something is legit not required, versus required.  When something is 'mandatory volunteered information' vrs not.  WhatsApp groups are great for quick and easy information, however, if someone doesn't join, if they are looked down upon and receive any negative treatment because of it, then there is a problem.

Report Post Tip

I too would like some clarification on that; if people are willingly going to a 3rd party site (be it Google Docs, an IA list, a SR Form) - it doesn't qualify as them being demanded to do so, correct? 

I view google docs as OK.  To my knowledge, google sheets does not give identifying information, outside of the users account logged in as, so you are able to do so anonymously, with a 2nd google name.

If its on a 3rd party site thats NOT gdocs, like a custom written website at some other URL, then access to it needs to be optional, with no consequences what so ever for not using it.

Shot reports can be submitted via mobmail.

The demand part comes into play when its required, or 'understood to be required' or 'there are negative impacts if you dont' type thing.

Report Post Tip

Elsewhere you have previously said with regards to due diligence with trading credits or sending people money. Say someone joined up and said they were an old friend and wanted some start up cash, in this type of scenario could we ask for these things to prove they are who they say they are?

If you are unable to tell if its a friend by your conversation and can not figure out any other way to confirm their identity other than to violate the rules set up above, then its best not to do it.

I think there are ways to see if its your friend while staying within the spirit of this policy.

Report Post Tip

If you are unable to tell if its a friend by your conversation and can not figure out any other way to confirm their identity other than to violate the rules set up above, then its best not to do it.

I think there are ways to see if its your friend while staying within the spirit of this policy.

What qualifies as a technique?  If I wanted to then text the said friend to see if he wants to set up a payment/transfer and then learn that the person involved in game is someone else completely, that's no longer an option for me? 

Report Post Tip

I've never had this problem myself but have seen it happen when someone pretended to be me because they knew I was incog & conned several CL's out of cash thinking they'd get me in their crew. Similarly someone else pretended to be Skorpeon and conned a CL into giving them BG money. 

Report Post Tip

That is a great update. Thanks.

Report Post Tip

EPIC! And to be honest .... about time. Have had many say mention WhatsApp to  ... whatever.

Report Post Tip

This is nice to know. Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Well how about you activists that bring up logs form like 3 years ago? To gain an advantage in the game? How does that work?  

Report Post Tip

Especially with the intent to cause and create something. EsoEspecia when the original person was not set it cause disruption, rather than a throw away comment .  Yet when there was a slight game.change, and they seen tbiet opportunity to ponse they did. 

That's just as bad as taking logs, as the out come is intended to be the same.?? Game is getting a joke from Izzy's side and the fucking petualnt cunts that feel they have to do this kinda shit to influence it.

Report Post Tip

I also have logs of rafa sending screen shots out of it a room to someone I do not know with me details on. Does this also come.onyo this rule? If I have read it correctly. Logs of which I didn't want my number to be stared to someone that I dont know of?

Report Post Tip

Shot records can be sent via mob mail ...in the early 90's yes. Not sure what ets you live in. However for the last few years, they have been done via Google doc sheet that is easily traceble via.you up for those that don't know how to trick it anyother way....such a niave comment 

Report Post Tip

Fake logs have always and should always be a thing. It's up to the userbase to figure that shit out. (minus your admin being named ) 

Report Post Tip

Just want to make sure that this would be an acceptable amendment to the collection of shot reports:

Shot reports are mandatory, what is not mandatory is you entering them via Google Docs (We can do that for you.), you now have an alternative via Mob Mail or a Back Alley thread that your leader has a link to.

If you do not feel comfortable submitting them via Google Docs please feel free to submit your shot report by one of two alternative methods. Method 1 being via mod mail or Method 2 via a Back Alley thread (with your leader being supplied the link). This must be done weekly using the following format. Please send your response to your crew leader. We will update your records using the exact same way on Google Docs ourselves. 

I just want to make sure that this does not violate the policy in any way before I send this out to avoid any unfortunate events. 

Constance, thats perfect.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: UPDATED: Privacy Policy For All Players
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL