Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 10:07:06
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: New Feature - NPMs Started by: Squishy on Dec 10, '10 18:47

NE FEATURE: NPMs - Non Playing Members

NPMs (Non Playing Members) are additional members you can purchase for your crew.

They have he following benefits:

They bolster your crew numbers, and likewise, your crew stats.

They earn money like your other members, gradually increasing on a daily basis. (paid out once a day)

When they reach their end-of-life, they can be killed (however, they count as an MIA)

They can receive mail, which is accessible to the CLs inbox.

They can receive personals, which is accessible from the CLs personal page.

When they are active:
They auto-accept MUCs when they are active and increase your chances of success.

Can catch witness statements (Crewleader has a special page to view them)

Mail count slowly goes up. (To make them seem more lifelike)

Thread/Post count slowly goes up. (To make them seem more lifelike)

They randomly kick up donations based upon their onhand cash (generated via mucs)

Any crew is able to purchase up to 10 of these, however, after you have 10, additional ones are only available based the quantity of members in your HQ

They last 31 days, then they stop earning. You will get notified when they are about to expire so that you may arrange the shot.

They do not earn on day 0, but they do earn every day after that. It starts small, and increases on a daily basis.

They do not count towards your "over 25 members and you must use associates" limit.

They do not count towards the 30 man required to become GF.

If you become GF and you have NPMs, you may choose to transfer them to other crews when you take the GF position.

If you as the CL dies, these become unsponsored and are now regular MIAs.

If they are shot at, they do have the ability to return fire if you provide them with a gun. The logic behind this is the same as the tyler math. Do not expect huge results, it's mostly based upon rank differences.

You can change their quote and picture.

We may, at a later time, allow you to name them upon creation.

The link will be found in your crew page, or to save a step for the curious right now http://mafiareturns.com/manage/npms.php

Report Post Tip

I'd love to give some feedback on this cool new feature but I was killed 10 mins after buying one :(

Report Post Tip

I like this idea, it will be interesting to see the feedback once there are a few around.

Also as a timid and quiet Mexican Indian, I do believe I will feel slightly ashamed if one of these chaps has more posts/threads than me.

A more active inactive, not a critisism, more a kick up the butt for me if I get lazy :P

Report Post Tip

Not if Chavez, WHEN you get lazy.

Cracking idea IMO. Looking forward to the amount of folk accidently mailing these people and getting annoyed at their lack of response.

Report Post Tip

The CL can read and send msgs from these NPMs

Report Post Tip

Thank you :D I love you squishy, have meh babies?

Report Post Tip

QUite an interesting addition will like to see these guys work

Report Post Tip

I look forward to see how this works.

Report Post Tip

I look forward to see how this works.?

Using bots to play now for active family members? Might as well get the automatic clickers working to.

Report Post Tip

I probably missed the Suggestion that brought this up and explained the pros of this addition, but I really don't see why this was implemented. It seems that the game is getting more and more automated. The roleplay forums are already lacking in participation, an entire NPC crew pops up sporadically to give players free shots without consequence, and now crew leaders can hire NPC's to make money for them AND get a free shot when they're done.

What's being done to increase actual player interaction?

Report Post Tip

"What's being done to increase actual player interaction?"

Alex,

There are many features that have been written into the game to increase socialization and user interaction, many of them however require to do just that - participate. I'm currently at a loss on what else we can do to increase/improve it.

Have any ideas you can contribute? I'm pretty tapped out.

Report Post Tip

Increase experience gains from interactive roleplaying for business district bar owners and their patrons using the already existing code to measure qualitative posts. You can do this on a tiered leveling system to get people interested in utilizing the interactive and roleplay features of the site from the get go.

Temporarily lower the thresholds on the stock market for inclusion so that people can see the benefits and reap the financial rewards of social interaction to increase participation in the forums.

Add a different statistic to player accounts similar to info, but on more of a popularity scale. People who are more active in the forums, be it the street or the city districts, would find it easier to network with NPC's perhaps offering special incentives and discounts for bribes, bodyguard hiring, training ranges.

I mean, these are just off the top of my head.

Report Post Tip

Crewleaders can give anyone who meets the crew rank minimum requirements the ability to hire associates, but make it so those members cannot hire anyone as their associate unless the hiring member has met a game minimum requirement for social interaction, be it in the streets or business district, but out of the HQ. This puts a financial motive on interaction with people outside of existing family members and since mobmail won't count, could cut down on spam. (When I signed up, I got quite a few recruitment mails, a few recruitment mails disguised as help mails, and only one truly help mail.)

Make MUC's more interactive. I get invites from people I don't even know. Make it so that invites can only be sent to people online in your city through a mobmail or a lobby type forum (not another business district or back alley) where people can discreetly advertise that they're looking for help with a MUC. People can list that they're looking for help on a job and interested people can reply and accept. But it adds a bit of interaction instead of CLICK CLICK CLICK cash.

Report Post Tip

When you say 'purchase', is that 'real life' currency or mafie dolla?

Report Post Tip

Either or. They are purchased by credits, which can be purchased via mafia dollars, or real life dollars.

Report Post Tip

Why not just go the whole way and for a nominal fee I can hire someone to do all the dirty work for me? Someone to do petties, felonies, drug runs and shoot someone at my behest? I'm truly not trying to sound sarcastic, but I really feel that's where we're headed.

Report Post Tip

Just out of curiosity, will NPM's be able to catch and forward witness statements?

Essentially, a crewleader with significant financial means will be able to purchase his way towards several new pairs of eyes, if they can, which I'd rather not see.

Report Post Tip

From the original post by Squishy:

(not to be an ass, but to answer your question and document the source)

When they're active the NPM's "Can catch witness statements (Crewleader has a special page to view them)".

Report Post Tip

AlexKeene for president :D

Report Post Tip

Not trying to ruin the creation of the NPM's but wouldn't this be like having dupe accounts. The only thing that is different is the guns are not being used.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: New Feature - NPMs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL