Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 01:11:37
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Breaking the pattern of entitlement. Started by: Squishy on Jun 10, '19 19:22

Over the past decade the amount of stomping of wittle angry feet because they did not benefit more than everyone else has skyrocketed.  I don't know where things went wrong, but it seems like there are more Veruca Salt's with every waking day.

Up until now I have let my current mood determine how much sass I would take from spoiled complainers, but I think its in everyone's best interest to just be even and consistent.  The healthiest option is to just not put up with complainers shit, even if I'm having a great day and can take a lot.  Sooooo with that being said:

As of now, if someone complains, interrupts or causes a scene during an event, the event will stop.  If I feel it was done intentionally to stop the event, they will be permanently banned.  If this user causes a 2nd problem on the same account, the city as a whole will no longer be able to participate in any game rewards of any kind for a period of 1 month. (Durdens, Rogues, Roguettes, Lounge Credits, Events and so on)

This is a competitive game.  You will not win every time.  If you absolutely can not accept that there are times where someone may get more than you, then this is the wrong game for you. 

I hope with the assistance of our community we can sort of break this pattern of bitching and complaining and just let the free shit flow.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $380,000 Tip

Amen to this. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

+1. Great change, whiny bitches.

Report Post Tip

Correct choice. Everyone must play fair or nobody gets anything special.

Report Post Tip

you always gonna get some crybabies lol! they just need to grow up

Report Post Tip

Salt flows like the Nile at times. I'd love to see crys fall on deaf ears.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Why exactly you need to pay attention to everyone's opinion?

Report Post Tip

One complainer can shut down an even for a whole city? -1 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Does this include lighthearted complaining about, say, missing a credit code because the person was too slow in the Lounge?

Something like, "Damn it Vixen, you stole my code!"

Report Post Tip
Coo with player punishment, but punishing an entire city is a bit harsh. The only person that should be able to ruin the game for me, is me.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Dwayne, MeekMill

It has to happen *twice* by the same player on the same name for the same city. I would think that cities will police themselves after the first time.
Report Post Tip

It has to happen *twice* by the same player on the same name for the same city. I would think that cities will police themselves after the first time.  -- Squishy

What sort of policing would you suggest?

Report Post Tip
Or maybe word didn’t get back to the CL ? You could probably admin jail someonebfor excessive bitching . Shutting a whole event down for a city is a bit much . It’s your game do what you do though. Just my little 2 cents .
Report Post Tip
I think if a member does it in game you should be held accountable. Only if publically visible like the forums.

If it's done on a chat client or through webmail I would suggest an admin mail to the upper structure.

I do not use the chat feature at all and rarely open it on site. Obviously mails you would have no idea.

I would hope there would be a cooling off period and a small window to give people to act.
Report Post Tip

I like this change.

There comes a time where the entire community needs a reminder that we are all Adults and should act like it. If there are a few bad eggs that ruin things for everyone, then we either need to work together to talk to the person as a community to either get them to relax and breathe or we all deal with the consequences.

The reason I say "deal with the consequences" is that up to a certain point, we as the community can uphold values if we all had a clear standard that we held everyone too.

Izzy and his staff wouldn't have to take time out of their day away from working on the game to then "babysit" us because someone is upset about something that happened or didn't happen. Izzy and his staff are not our parents and shouldn't have to feel like they are dealing with a bunch of two-year-olds who are fighting over a toy. We are adults, we can do so much better. This community would be better for it too if we just took responsibility and upheld set values that we wanted to see.

Report Post Tip

-1 -2 -3 even.  Get real.

Report Post Tip

You mean bloodline the bad apples, Lady? Or do you want me to "Rogue" to enforce a shaky conduct policy?

I couldn't get away with killing a Capo in a friendly crew because they're causing shit in IRC. I'd be dead for not handing off the problem to an upper structure member. But if they do not act in time, I am also punished under this policy. It's a lose lose. 

Seems to me the better solution is an IRC admin mutes the offender for a week. And if the problem is in game, admin jail/DD depending on severity. 

Report Post Tip
Agreed that this shouldnt be dealt with by the player base. Game rules should be enforced by the administration team, period. Crew leaders are here to play a game, not run it or police every means of communication that can and will be used by asshats to bitch and moan. Obviously if a crew leader sees their member being an idiot it's in their best interest to correct it but another players actions should not affect their leader from admin perspectives. I say this because if the admin team takes care of it it can be done properly everytime and you dont have 20 leaders judging cases differently for fear of trouble themselves. Changes like these add to the reasons why new players aren't given opportunities to lead and a big part why they dont stick around. Players are here to play, not manage the game as a job. Admin team should keep on being the admin team and take care of shitty end-users however they see fit and leave game politics out of it.
You just gave any of the number of folks that want to ruin your game the easiest shot ever. All they have to do now is join during events and run their mouth and the event is done. Everyone loses.
Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $140,000 Tip

If a player causes disruption intentionally and is permanently banned how can that same account cause a second issue?

Report Post Tip

Can't believe this is actually a real problem

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Breaking the pattern of entitlement.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL