Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 08:55:34
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Take Your Aim Started by: AlessandraKorkunova on Aug 15, '19 14:33

She didn't plan on going out tonight but she did really want a break after being inside the office all day. When evening came she went scouting for bars to visit and landed finally at one called Love Zoo. Her ears almost bursted when she stepped in. Well damn, the zoo part was right. She couldn't help but immediately notice the sweaty bodies on the dancefloor hungrily grinding against each other. Like a pack of damn animals. The music was being blasted from the speakers and would cause an unfortunate ear ache for her later. But in that moment she didn't really care. A drink was needed. 

"Run it up, sir. Give me something strong," she said to the bartender as she picked out a strand of hair that had been irritating her the whole day. She pinched her fingers at the spot on the scalp from where the strand grew out from. It itched. But the itch went away when she pulled it quickly causing a slight tingling sensation. Blowing out a breath of sigh she felt better, but not entirely. When the drink came she placed a wad of cash in the bartender's hands. "Payment in advance. I think I might pass out later." She was already starting to feel far from sober. Struggle of being a lightweight.

Report Post Tips: 18 / Total: $360,000 Tip
He slides up to the bar, trying his best to focus on anything but the music echoing off the inside of his skull. The first two drinks didn’t seem to have the desired effect of drowning everything out so he motioned for a refill with a nod of his head to the bartender.

He stole a quick glance at her, as if he was looking at her from a great distance. He spoke louder than he had wanted too but it was the only way to be heard over the murmur of dancers and the blaring music, “I don’t remember this place being so...loud last time I was in town.”
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Fresh off a recent series of successful grave robbings, Harlow slipped past the bouncer into 'Love Zoo' and found her way to the bar.  She was cleaned up but the feeling of cold earth and the smell of dead bodies never seemed to get out of orbit these days.  She was sure people could tell what she'd been up to just by looking at her.

"What'll ya have, Doll?"  The bartender asked her as she slid onto a stool and took over her beret, looking out onto the dancefloor with an eager smile.  

"Just gin and tonic please."  She put down a sawbuck onto the to the bar and waited for her beverage, never noticing her crew's right-hand woman just a short distance from her.  She didn't have plans for tonight, she wasn't meeting anyone, just grabbing a drink at the first decent watering hole she came across.  Though, maybe if she was lucky, she might cut a rug for a bit.

Report Post Tip
He hands the bartender some folded bills as he slips his drink off of the wood, the ice clinking against the sides of the glass as he did. He turned to face the room, leaning back on the bar he sipped at his drink, his eyes darting from exit to exit out of habit. It always helped to know the way out if need be.

He finished his drink with a couple of more swigs, motioning for another before even placing his empty glass down.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"You're late," Alessandra joked as she clocked a familiar presence of a male not too far from her. Raine. And while the music was literally deafening, she couldn't really hear him well so she only had the movement of his lips to hold onto. She was good at reading lips.

She saw Harlow too! It seemed to be a lucky coincidence that they happened to drop by the same bar. "So, harlz, will I be able to see some cool dance moves tonight? Gonna put all our random dance practice sessions together at the HQ to the test?" She threw a wink in her direction as she downed the remaining liquid from her glass. 

In the corner of Alessandra's eyes she could clearly see that Raine was having a wild time with his drinks. She suddenly felt a prickle of unease rise in her stomach. From one sip, Alessandra had the ability to get super drunk off of it. But this guy? One drink down and not even slipping up. She moved closer to him. Her voice was quieter and softer now. She was almost mimicking their first meeting when he did that to her.

"Take it easy, will ya?" 

He laughed lightly at her request, “Easy went out the window some time ago Lass.” His finished his drink in one long gulp, drawing a sharp breath as he finished.

“What brings a dame like you to a place like this?” He asked, having the feeling that he already knew her answer.
Report Post Tip

She enters "Love Zoo”, her normally shoulder length light brown hair was pulled up into a tight bun atop her head, showing off the fairness of her skin. She glances slowly around the room, not really focusing in on anything but taking in her surroundings as she moved in the outskirts of the dance floor. The blue shade of her dress turning black in the shadows of the room.

It took her a quick moment to notice him leaning against the bar, drink in hand, nearly empty. She smiled lightly, trying to keep it somewhat covered. She quickened her steps only slightly, not to seem over eager and slid up to the bar beside him, “Evening,” she muttered slightly, feigning disinterest.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
He leaned back against the wood of the bar, his back cracking just a bit as he tilted his head back and finished his drink once more. He placed the empty glass down without motioning for another one just yet.

He eyed her up and down, his eyes instinctively following the hemline of her dress upwards. He drew in a short breath, filled with the smoke of the club, it was somewhat intoxicating or maybe that was her. He quickly pushed the thought from his head and fell back into his surroundings.

He cocked his head towards the man behind the bar, “Another, Jimmy. And whatever the Lass would like.”
Report Post Tip

She tried to keep her smile hidden as she heard him speak to the man behind the bar. She quickly shifted her focus, “Whiskey. On the rocks.” She turned to face the stranger beside her, it had been a while since anyone in this town had given her the time of day, let alone buy her a drink and she wasn’t about to be rude.

“Thank you, Sir.” She didn’t bother hiding her smile this time as she brushed a stray strand of hair away from her blue eyes.

He peeked up upon hearing her drink order. It wasn’t often he found a woman drinking whiskey and even less often a beautiful one at that. He turned to face her fully now, his face still slightly concealed by the shadows and that moved and danced around them. “The name is Raine,” he extended a hand in her direction, Irish eyes smiling as he did, “it is a pleasure to meet you.”
Report Post Tip

“Nice to meet you,” she instinctively took his hand and gave it a slight shake, “The name is Rose.”

She took a small sip before placing the drink back down. She spoke softly, almost to the point where he could barely hear her, “Thanks again for the drink, I’m still trying to find my way in this town.”

She looked him over once more, shifting her stance slightly to lean in a just a little closer as the music thumped around them. She felt a slight flush in her cheeks and a flutter in her stomach but she hastily pushed that feeling aside blaming it on the alcohol.

"Next drink is on me."

Report Post Tip
He smiled at her, his green eyes catching her blue ones for a fleeting moment before he broke away. “A Lass after my own heart.”

He finished his drink slowly, drawing out the last sip before placing it down roughly on the wood of the bar. The first ones hadn’t had the desired effect but this one was starting his head to spin ever so slightly. He braved himself against the bar, sterling himself with a deep breath before turning back to her smile.

“Have you found your time here ok this far? Things can be...confusing around here the first go around.”
Report Post Tip

She smiled sheepishly at him, "Yes, thank you... nice to meet a friendly face tho." She could feel her hand inching every so slightly in his direction. She stopped upon realizing it.

"Where in Ireland are you from? I have family there." She grinned and glanced at his empty glass, "Another drink?" she asked softly.

Report Post Tip
“Aye, I couldn’t say no to a pretty Lass after all.”

He tried his best to keep his eyes on the room but he found that they kept falling to the way her dress hugged her body. He shook his head slightly pushing the thoughts away as he picked up his glass before clinking it against hers.

“I’m from Ennis. I just got back into town myself. Had some...” he trailed off for a moment before catching himself, “things to take care of back home.”

He felt hot under the collar as he tried to shift the conversation back to her over the loud band, “What brings you to these parts? It is usually nothing good.”

She giggled softly, "Just... visiting". She looked into his green eyes and one again felt a flutter in her stomach. She quickly averted her gaze to the bartender. "Another whiskey, please". She shifted herself on her chair, "I'm actually from Pittsburgh."

Report Post Tip
“This is uhm, certainly an interesting place to visit. I’m sure you’ll find things a little different than back home.”

He watched her as she took her drink with the experience of someone who knew her way around the bar. For some reason he found that extremely intriguing, it wasn’t often that he found someone who could keep up with him.

“Well, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask.” He slipped her a coy smile, “things tend to pop up in the streets that you wouldn’t expect more often than not.”
Report Post Tip

"Thank you!" she exclaimed with a smile. She noticed that a smile was practically plastered on her face at this point. "I'm visiting... my aunt & uncle"... She continued. She really hoped that she would see this lad again, she thought to herself as she again brushed the hair out of her face.

Report Post Tip
He settled into a relaxed state, which was something that he hadn’t felt for far too long. It wasn’t in his nature but he found himself focused squarely on her. He took a deep breath, holding it for a moment before letting it go with an audible sigh. In this line of work, if you didn’t pay attention, the best thing that was going to happen was you end up in the hospital.

He took a moment before speaking, as if he was settling himself, “What does your uncle do if you don’t mind me asking?” He let the question linger slightly, hoping that she would pick up on his cues of wondering if the man was connected or not.
Report Post Tip

She grinned and muttered, "He's retired now but was a butcher". She adjusted her dress, smoothing the skirt out... trying to contain her rising nervousness. She crossed her legs, but uncrossed them and crossed them the other way. She was sure he would notice she was getting nervous.

"What do you do for work?" she asked with a smile still on her face.

Report Post Tip
“A little of this, a little of that.” He stated dismissively, knowing full well he could never actually explain what it is that he does or what he did for that matter.

He noticed her restlessness and it was matched by his own but he managed to keep it from bubbling to the surface. “Butcher, aye. Honest work. There isn’t much of that left around here lately.”

He took a moment to lay out a few more bills on the bar, ordering another for himself and his new companion. Something about her was drawing him in, even if he couldn’t quite place his finger on it just yet. He was determined to stay right here until he figured it out.

“Do you have a place to stay yet?” He blurted out, his cheeks immediately becoming flush.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Take Your Aim
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL