Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 08:20:06
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Lawsuit: Dominic vs. VIPCreditsGrin Started by: Dominic on Nov 13, '19 15:43

On the contrary, MariaReynolds, in consideration of the potential conflict of interest, I reserved you to be called as a potential witness to be heard at the end of the trial if it was critical in deciding the outcome of this case.

Due to the unique set of circumstances this case has presented us, I reversed the original order and permitted the Plaintiff to proceed with questioning.

You are free to answer the questions Plaintiff has posed.

Additionally, Plaintiff,  it is highly unlikely that VIPCreditsGrin's attempts at selling a custom, monogrammed suit bearing his name on it will succeed; and even if he is successful, that would merit a separate filed case after determining the proper venue that is equipped to hear it.  I'm afraid that's out of my hands.

Report Post Tip
Dominic I can honestly say that no, neither of the aforementioned parties asked that I send compensation for the suit you created, so your second question is not relevant.
Report Post Tip

Thank you, Ms. Reynolds. I have no further questions for you.

Your honor, I wish to submit as evidence this, a copy of my banking records. This proves that Mr. Grin did not, as he claims to have done, send me a credit yesterday.

I have no further witnesses to call. I would like to request permission to make a closing statement and "sum-up."

Report Post Tip

Your honour. I feel that we can not move forward before the matter of the credit my client sent to Mr. Dominic is solved. He have still not sent it back to me and keeps lying about not having received it himself. 

When is is lying about this then how can we trust anything else he is saying? The court saw with its own eyes that my client gave the credit to Mr. Dominic and his attempts to prove otherwise is laughable. 

If the plaintiff refuses to hand it over the me I must at least ask that he sends it to the judge to be kept until a ruling is made in this case.

Report Post Tip

Counsel, it appears that upon review of Plaintiff's banking records, no funds were ultimately transferred; and it is possible that your client, perhaps due to his severe disabilities, mistook the currency with a meaningless piece of paper.

So that we may finally put this matter to bed -- or preferably, death - kong, Dominic, please make your closing statements for this matter so that I can determine a suitable judgment.

Report Post Tip

Thank you, Your Honor.

I have proved, beyond doubt, that I received no payment. Mr. Grin claims to have sent me two credits, one through Ms. Reynolds and one himself. My records show that he didn't do so, and Ms. Reynolds has confirmed that she did not either. 

I have also proved that I should get payment. I made the suit and delivered it. I asked if alterations were needed several times, and Mr. Grin did not respond. Therefore, he accepted the suit as it was, and owes me my fee of $500,000 or 1 credit.

That is all, Your Honor.

Report Post Tip

I said no such thing.  I did pay for that suit.  I only said that neither of them asked for me to do so.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Your Honor, I beg your pardon:

Ms. Reynolds, are you claiming that you paid me? Because I can prove that you did not. I can show my entire credit record if need be. You did not pay me. I must request that the court subpoena evidence to back this claim of Ms. Reynolds up.

Report Post Tip

MariaReynolds Daria Your Honor, have you run out on us?

Your honour, this is getting ridiculous. 

Plaintiff is still refusing to send back the credit that my client sent to him in error. Should he not return it immediately I will have to press charges in a separate case. 

That being said. I set out to prove three things in this defense.

1. This is pure and simple shoddy workmanship, not what my client requested.

2. My client should not pay for this monstrosity.

3. That Dominic is to the tailoring profession what Mr. NotoriousBIG is to the profession of paying his debt. Ie not very good at it.

I belive I have proven all three points while Dominic have only proven how foolish it is to not hire a lawyer and represent yourself. Even hiring the poor excuse for an attorney Neil_Anblomi would have been better than this.

As the renowned fashion critic and stylist Jason_Vorhees confirmed this suit was a monstrosity, in addition it did not fit my client at all due to it being poorly made. To ask my client to pay for it should itself be a crime.

I would also like to highlight PhillipMarleau's moving testimony on behalf of my client. To have someone like that wouch for my client character really speaks volumes of him.

Your honour, I rest my case.

Ok just discovering this little legal business. I haven't listened to all of you because as I say, wasn't aware this was going on and also, you're kind of boring. Plus I recently held a street auction and sold some of my possessions; raised quite a lot of money, actually, but I've had a lot on.

So basically, because of how much money I now have, I have decided to pay Dominic the beggar, a further credit as a gesture of goodwill and this no admission of guilt one off payment concludes things here. Don't choke on it, Dom. Honestly. 

Anyway, no further comment required from you chaps. I'd thank you all for your time, but yano, boring and that. Well, that's that. Cheers. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Despite Grin's repeated attempts to withdraw from this lawsuit, contrary to Counsel, Plaintiff and my attempts to milk every last drop out of this process to hold a fair and proper proceeding, a decision has been reached.

The court recognizes and endorses Counsel's assertion that Plaintiff's tailoring services for his guardian were unremarkable, unusual, and in this case, extremely neglectful.  The court could only presume that, without the details laid out in this case, the suit in question was designed for a much larger, fatter man than the desiccated mass that Counsel has presented to the court today.  The hastily scribbled monogram that was added to distinguish the origin and recipient of this suit as a custom fit for the purchaser does not excuse the level of inferior workmanship displayed in this suit, and the court would recommend that Plaintiff seek other money making ventures besides tailoring.

The court also recognizes that Counsel's client should be liable to pay for services rendered for work provided; one does not go into a tattoo parlor or, more likely in the Defendant's case, a brothel, and expect to withhold payment if they are unhappy with services already performed.  A serious error in judgment was made in the selection of this tailor, and the client could have simply looked at the Plaintiff's own suit to make a determination of the quality of work he employed; he is not absolved of the consequences for his severe lapse in judgment.

However, I find that the level of infamy provided with this particular case, which has provided Plaintiff with ample, free advertisement of his services, however questionable, in addition to the two payments that were received in connection with his work to be adequate remuneration.  The only judgment involving a payment in this case will be made in favor of Counsel, in recognition of his tireless efforts in seeking to protect and defend his client despite several repeated attempts by his client and employee, Ms. Reynolds, to undermine his obligations in defending his client today.

While the court recognizes a minimum legal fee of 5 credits, or $2,500,000 to be owed to Counsel by his client, kong is well within the rights afforded by his Guardianship to add additional fees and interest to account for the time and effort required to pay himself from his client's coffers.  While today's decision can not resolve the sustained defamatory attacks on kong's character shown in this proceeding, the court recommends that Counsel seek additional damages in another venue, as he is likely to prevail based on the conduct of the parties shown in this case.

This matter is now closed.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Lawsuit: Dominic vs. VIPCreditsGrin
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL