Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 20:28:19
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Member whoring Started by: PapaSmurf on Feb 08, '20 10:36

i'm unsure what part of 

Don't whore. It's classless.

you would consider as educating or advising.

It comes across quite aggressive don't you think?

Report Post Tip

"I don't come out to the streets often when I don't need to, but I just wanted to have my short say.

There was once a time where it was frowned upon to even contact someone without a sponsor unless they had done jobs for you, then and only then were you allowed to. Contact without following the above would be considered 'whoring'.

When I was a leader for a short time in Las Vegas, I wouldn't dare contact someone without a home unless they had done some jobs for me, it just wasn't in me to do so, it wasn't the way I was taught things.

My blood has been away for a long time, but I was informed that on IRC Avenue, in the club #Associates, this was the new way to recruit, you wait and stalk around for someone to have no contact with any sponsor for ten minutes and then you have a right to contact them. I had not seen anything like this around and had even searched to see if this was true myself but had failed to fin anything around.

Not sure what I am really getting at, but whoring for me consists of contacting someone without a sponsor who has not done ANY jobs for your family. Like I've said earlier about how I ran things, if you didn't do my jobs I wouldn't contact you. Simple."

Report Post Tip

I would say succinct, as opposed to aggressive, MsSpice.

And Mr Montgomery - I was taught similarly, although I have not been a sponsor for some time, so perhaps - as you said - this is the new norm.

If that is indeed the case, it saddens me that the ways of old are no longer taught/respected as they used to be. Hopefully this slide in standards won't infect things which were, once upon a time,  unthinkable - such as grave pissing.

Report Post Tip

Thrawn was making his daily walk through the streets, his hands clasped behind his back, uniform crisp and clean, nodding to various people, vigilantly on the lookout for any new art to add to his collection, when he heard the young PapaSmurf discussing member whoring, and opted to make his opinion known.

I won't take much of your time here, as to be frank I find this discussion petty and your responses are providing essential regurgitation of the same sentiments over and over. Alas, it's worth a try right?

Firstly, who do I think I am? Well, surely your recruit should know who I am, or at least my intentions prior to offering me a place in your crew, surely?

Yes. Absolutely, before being "offered a spot" a sponsor should know who you are and your intentions. So let's look at what was said, analyze it if you will.

To: PapaSmurf
Sent: Feb 08, '20 10:09
Subject:
Hey buddy! We are recruiting in Las Vegas if you’re interested =)

I hear a greeting, "hey," and I hear an "if you're interested." This is clearly aimed at making an introduction and getting to know you. At this point, no invite was extended, and it cannot be known if an invite would be extended. Without continuing the conversation further, which you did not do, instead blasting him with the whoring label instantly, there is no analysis to be made on where this would have gone.

Thrawn took a deep breath and further pressed his uniform, it appeared to have risen a little and gotten slightly ruffled in his excitement.

With analysis provided, it will be asked again. What constitutes member whoring? Is it sending a simple introduction mail, when you said yourself you tossed the employment section, so no jobs would be completed? Or is it something such as, just off the top of my head, sending an invite and a "You're new here, here's an invite!" I believe the vast majority of people would lump these as quite different things, and you're parading them as one and the same.

Thrawn turned to walk back to a corner, turning back to say,

Thank you for your time though.

Report Post Tip

Mr Thrawn, always good to see gentlemen of your stature joining the conversation.

Whilst I am willing to concede that an invite was not sent immediately, I also see no reason to have been contacted. You will notice that this is not something I have brought to the streets previously having received messages such as:

Hello. How is it going?

Hey [redacted], how you doing?

You seem like a talented gangster, are you looking for a family?

[redacted] how are you?

what is happening brother [redacted] haha superb name son

All - bar one - were unsolicited mails. I had no problem with these, because I had either attended the job center, or they weren't blatant attempts to garner information in order to recruit.

Introduce yourself to a new mobster, sure. Help them out where you can, but I can guarantee you that none of these gents would be speaking to me if not for the lure of an extra body in the basement... and therein lies the problem for me.

Nevertheless, I had an extremely respectful and pleasant discussion with Templar. We shared our points of view and discussed the matter in a healthy manner - finding common ground very quickly. The man is most reasonable once lines of communication have been established, it turns out.

Report Post Tip

I dont have to member whore, because whores member ME! bing bang pow!!

Report Post Tip

PoshSpice touches Bombadil 's inside thigh

I see why

Posh Winks

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This is Dr. Funkhouser and you're listening to 101.3 Redemption Stories. On today's show: was BombadilSlayer justified in his purpose? New info comes to light. 

My apologies to the people in this convo. I thought I'd make an attempt at a joke. I realize now that it was sort of in poor taste. My apologies again, dont pay attention to me. Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Plague_Doctor weaved through the actively talkative crowd before reaching a small open circle, before leading out with his own thoughts:

”PapaSmurf, in my mind, has legitimacy to his argument. I think his direct idea of whoring means simply asking a new gangster who was just plumped onto the street if they want a place in your crew is whoring. Whoring can also be a lack of effort almost in getting to know the new person or know the sponsor directly. Doing some jobs for the crew is fine, but if they immediately throw and invite their way without much pre-talk or background it comes off as pretty lazy.

And this is especially an issue when cities are wiped and basically zero information or reasoning is posted about it anywhere. A lot of bloodlines come from those cities and they all want an explanation. Take that away from them, force them to use their own thinking or rely on others for information, puts them in a real bad spot to go rogue and shoot someone important to one side. And then a war breaks out and a hindered more people die, and the same shit continues around in a cycle.

But back to the topic, simply inviting someone to your crew, whether they did jobs or not, without any background information, pre-talk, or interests, isn’t notably respectful of them. Getting to know the person first, asking what they can do for you, asking what their intentions are, all of that kind of stuff allows you to get the pre-emptive idea about them all before you go out and invite them.”

Papasmurf, I'm beginning to question your integrity here.
Was an invitation ever sent to you?
If not, all you have is a solicitation to engage in conversation to see if the crew is right for you, or if you're right for the crew.

It's an opening to identify if you are interested, and then would develop to a more appropriate conversation about if the pairing is beneficial for both parties.

Seems like, you jumped at an opportunity to stir shit up.

While the approach taken by Foxy wouldnt be how I conduct recruitment, you never let it develop to whoring. You jumped at the opportunity to expand the nature of the events to one of the possible outcomes, of member whoring, without ever reaching that point. If I'm mistaken and an official invitation was indeed sent, then I stand corrected and apologize.

Grooglez, you're questioning MY integrity, when on another corner of these streets, you're trying - and failing - to shrug off the accusation of your purging your OWN members, yet you still feel like you have the moral capacity to speak to me of integrity? Try again mate.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Clearly, your mental capacity is at the level of the size of my cock (pretty small admittedly). 

Which members of mine were purged? You going to keep using lies and misinformation to stir shit up?

Quiet obvious. You so angry. How about you reveal who your lineage might be so we get a better feel for your shittery? 

Articulate, as always, I'm sure.

And I'm sure I saw a roster of your felled crew on that same corner. Perhaps if you attended the debate, we may get a better feel for your shittery...

How about you reveal who your lineage might be so we get a better feel for your shittery? 

You gonna insist upon that? 

Report Post Tip

Understanding things is very hard for you, isn't it. Let me help you comprehend things.

Nope, It was a suggestion to help you make your case. It would help your argument to reveal what your intentions are. Are you an honorable mafioso who truly care about how things operate? Or are you here to simply stir shit up, much like the rest of your underground cliques? 

Not stop deflecting. I made it absolutely evident that your entire claim here is fuckery. No invitation was sent. You took a conversation and portrayed it as something it wasn't at yet. Much like the attempts of your friend, Grin. 

Prove your worth. My lineage is not the type to hide in shadows. There was one occasion, where they did so on a plot to extract revenge on a single person. One that person died, so did my ancestors goal. That didn't stop the demand of his death. What did my anscestor, with a large gun do? He retired so that no harm would be done to any of the rest of his family.

I'm going to assume, you're more like the shadow shits. Families who hide in the shadows, shooting at bodyguards, sending cryptic notes, stiring shit up, with the only intention to see hundreds of mafioso die.

Why are you so obsessed with harming innocents? Have you ever done a single good thing?

I feel that you may have a very long lasting mental disorder. Recent studies in the medical fields have associated that there is a high risk of schizophrenia and other mental disorders associated with chlamydial infections.

I suggst you visit a doctor. 

Well that was an awful lot of rambling about nothing, now wasn't it?

Can you give me one instance of me causing harm to any innocent, or are you just casting aspersions without any evidence whatsoever... again?

And since you keep coming back to this, why not quote the time I said I received an invite from the sponsor. You go ahead, I'll wait right here.

Report Post Tip
Uhhh, this whole topic you fabricated?
Report Post Tip
Foxywoxy, being called out an act that I've already broken down for you.

You might need a whole stable of medical professionals. Do you need some cash? I got you fam.
Report Post Tip

Right cool. Anything else to add to the debate?

Report Post Tip
Waiting in you to address my analysis of your interactions with foxy.

Which part of my breakdown of your conversation/run in with here is inacurate?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Member whoring
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL